Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance (85694 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Realtizzy(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2020
This seem to be a fiction but i laughed uncontrollably

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by 40secondsMan: 4:45pm On May 16, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
What nonsense?

Is 6.2ft that tall?

I'm 6.2ft and I don't even consider myself tall.

I'm just average.

Wtf? 6ft is tall oga!

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by OdefaGirl(f): 4:45pm On May 16, 2020
Op...... you don see say no be by size grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 16, 2020
cry
Your story shall to glory from now on in Jesus name.
It is well with you.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by OKTolu: 4:48pm On May 16, 2020
I like your courage bro, now you'll know that the hustle is real just keep it legit.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MasterJayJay: 4:48pm On May 16, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

funny enough, the OP has changed the topic.

the OP deceived us.

grin grin
The moderators deceived you, not the op. They use misleading headlines to attract traffic.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by bigtt76(f): 4:48pm On May 16, 2020
Person de zero level you wan introduce am to Bitcoin... SMH I wonder how you guys into forex and crypto like to swerve people who are vulnerable and rip them off their small cash angry no conscience at all.

Bria234:
No job anywhere again oo... Na online they pay na.. invest in Bitcoin and also join Alliance in motion Global today and make cool cash

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by nwamabo247(m): 4:49pm On May 16, 2020
that because you haven't done such before if you try it for more time your body will fit in

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by GodPunishBiafra: 4:49pm On May 16, 2020
40secondsMan:

Wtf? 6ft is tall oga!
What is 6ft 2 inches?
Yes can say that you're tall if you're like 6.5
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 16, 2020
A man who has never been a failure at least once hardly becomes successful.

I tell people that a time of frustration is not the best time to rush out of the home to struggle for survival rather it is a time to go back to the drawing board and come up with strategies.

Only go out when you have concluded on a plan else, you'll keep trying with errors and in futility.

Good luck to you bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Pedrogold(m): 4:51pm On May 16, 2020
cheesy lmao.... This reminds me of my experience working as a labourer at 17 after I had just graduated from high school.
I was just too soft to do the job and everyone kept saying I should go home.
Babcock University high school construction site that year. Strong head no gre me, seeing my neighbor's two sons working and making money to buy gadgets which I couldn't get and hearing stories of how they got to talk to the female students and date some of them.

I also couldn't carry a bag of cement or raise the head pan of concrete alone, man Sha hustle am that day. They paid for 1,300 daily. Na so I collapse when I reach house, mama Com dey fear they ask who send me. The following day my friend came to call me for work, na from bed I shout "your papa". I jejely went to collect my money on Friday cus they paid on Fridays. This life hard Sha, and the stupid thing was, I still went back to do the work some months after till I got used to it.

It's been 3 years plus now Sha and I still look back at that moment and smile. I learnt how to hustle Sha and it's helping me stay serious and focused in school now.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by sonnie10: 4:52pm On May 16, 2020
xandy84:
I remembered while in secondary school and needs money to buy books and other stuff. Bricklayer's help was the deal. The jobs make you feel like you wanna die. Hard labour indeed. then left Naija after graduating only to end up in the warehouse cos I don't wanna work in group home. Every time I remember those days, I just dey give God million thanks
You better work in group home because warehouse job won’t give the time and extra strength to improve yourself through school.
In group home if you do night, you can go to school in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by pelicanbeau(f): 4:53pm On May 16, 2020
it's not easy anywhere presently.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by arryjosh(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2020
Th
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Lighthammer(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2020
Now this is funny,and this is the type of job am doing currently now somewhere in kwara state,na from 7 a m to 7 pm ontop 1500,dont worry op...e go soon better for us

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by arryjosh(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2020
This your story crack me up
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by emerged01(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2020
Juanmike:
Fake story
Bro no be fake story,e don happen to me,my own na factory work where you go Dey grind plastics. I no even wait to collect money before I run like bolt. For three days I just Dey use pain reliever.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by aameyah(f): 4:55pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

I have too kids and a beautiful wife to take care of.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN
OR I SABI THE KIN WORK WEY YOU FIT DO.

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
I was bedridden for almost three days after

But you can carry 110kg woman if she says come and do. Lazy Nigerian yoot.

Just kidding ni o. I pray you breakthrough this current rough patch. Amin.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 16, 2020
This shit can only be created if you go through it.
Me believe, there are few people who can singlehandedly raise a bag of cement from the floor and op aint one of them.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by funshint(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2020
Sorry bro...made me remember when I had to go and work in a farm "Zartech" in Ibadan just to get N500 to pay for a job application form at a recruitment centre the following day. As a graduate that thing no easy o...doing menial jobs. Packing chickens into crates and loading them into trucks. Mehn no be small thing o. But I thank God for how far he has taken me now.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:01pm On May 16, 2020
MasterJayJay:

The moderators deceived you, not the op. They use misleading headlines to attract traffic.

I will tell my mummy for them.

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by gmacnoms(m): 5:04pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
can you tell us how you temporarily went from up to down? What are the lessons that could save other entrepreneurs
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Goddys(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
Has this country not failed our youth already?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Ajiswaggs(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2020
emerged01:

Bro no be fake story,e don happen to me,my own na factory work where you go Dey grind plastics. I no even wait to collect money before I run like bolt. For three days I just Dey use pain reliever.
same thing happen to me last year, I was so broke sotey I no fit afford #200 for data again... I have to go do packing of pure water then in one my of course mate family pure water factory, I work only in the night and they pay #2 per bag, I dey use almost 4hours to bag 100 pure water, my highest bagging na 180... I nearly faint, I suffer no be small, my highest pay was 320# for a whole night, I did the job for four days when I gather small money to raise data I just quit, I did not even collect the last payment set... Naso I enter online biz...i thank God today sha...though I'm not rich but Im more comfortable better than before.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Reference(m): 5:06pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

Young man. The short secret to success is excellence, staying above the competition, staying in a rarefied atmosphere. I always tell my staff this: If all you can do is no better than that of the man by your side, then there is no obligation in placing you ahead of him. If he is equal to you then your prospects are shared equally as well, that is you have just a fifty percent chance of success.

This applies to every offering whether product or service or a hybrid of both.You must strive for excellence continuously to prosper. Young man you had a chance with the business you ran. What makes you certain you will succeed outside your place of natural advantage. How can you possibly out labour the five foot six chap with shoulders as broad as brass balled buffaloes. No chance.

Identify just one skill you felt comfortable with when you ran your business. Offer it free in a fruitful field for just a season and watch how you will remount your horse. But please when I say free, you must resist the temptation to give anything other than your best. The lack of a spirit of excellence brought you here in the first place.

Have this attitude always: I WILL OFFER THE WORLD WHAT IT HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by 21cents: 5:06pm On May 16, 2020
I'm just 5"11 and lanky. but labouring work is not new to me since ive done it a million times years back while goin to sites with my dad till I turned 21.

I doubt I can still carry a bag of cement since its been at least 5 years I last hustled as a labourer.
but one thing I noticed back then was that it made me strong physically despite my lanky frame. Everytime I changed outfits to work in a new site, fellow labourers will always laugh at me saying what can you do? you no get power grin. I and my dad would just laugh.

when jungle mature finish and I displayed my dexterity with the shovel when mixing cement or transferring double blocks at a go to the top of the deck, Dem just keep kwayet grin.

now I'm very happy I went thru all those early hassles and suffering as life's burdens is no longer alien to me. Took me a while to understand that being a man is no child's play and it takes a lot of sacrifice and zeal to sail through the storms of life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by showafrica(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

Lol, i feel you.. I am same size as you and i notice this fear whenever i am meeting someone for the first time. I resorted to online business by fire by force bc, I discovered am unemployable with my size in Nigeria. My last employer did so when I was 20, then i was not huge yet. Another area u need to try is club bouncing if you must work for now though you go stand tire but its a good form of exercise. Dont bother ur self with menial job, try online business.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by onadana: 5:07pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

A laborer is worthy of his wages.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Sojiboi(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2020
Please follow my on IG @Bazookablogng

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by jboycrb(m): 5:09pm On May 16, 2020
Bria234:
No job anywhere again oo... Na online they pay na.. invest in Bitcoin and also join Alliance in motion Global today and make cool cash

So nah paper i go take invest in bitcoin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / NESTOIL Graduate Trainee Program 2018!!!!!! / P & G Reasoning Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.