Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance (85696 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Virus99: 5:10pm On May 16, 2020
Lighthammer:
Now this is funny,and this is the type of job am doing currently now somewhere in kwara state,na from 7 a m to 7 pm ontop 1500,dont worry op...e go soon better for us

Hi we are in Ilorin if you know how to ride a bike you can come work with us as a dispatch rider

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by perdollar(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2020
Bros I can relate wt this ur story. to b a labourer means u av to labour

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by senatepresido: 5:12pm On May 16, 2020
LeeMason:
In summary OP, you are just a lazy man. If na kpekus now that time you go get power straff till 9pm... grin
KUDOS for keeping it legit and legal though, no go do ritual or fraud for the sake of cheddars oh
This is the reason why some of us are into internet fraud, it is frustrating to live without money, even when we know that Karma doesn't forgive, we know its bad and immoral to live on another man's sweat, but we are left with no choice...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by sparko1(m): 5:13pm On May 16, 2020
AdaoraJoy:
Picture of You Carrying the Cement... Or Idonbelivit undecided

See your mouth, who wants you to believe!
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by jaxxy(m): 5:14pm On May 16, 2020
There are sm jobs u shudnt do no matter how bad it gets cos they will only reduce ur IQ or give u aches u will have to spend it small earnings treating. I clearly understand when times get hard go harder bt carrying cement for head? Mba ooo

If u can use ur brain and think u will see a million opportunities bt mosttimes we are to distracted to see that far.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Virus99: 5:17pm On May 16, 2020
jaxxy:
There are sm jobs u shudnt do no matter how bad it gets cos they will only reduce ur IQ. I clearly understand when times get hard go harder bt carrying cement for head? Mba ooo

But carrying drug and Internet fraud will increase the IQ right ? undecided
Oshey Albert Einstein the IQ sharer.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by jaxxy(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2020
Virus99:

But carrying drug and Internet fraud will increase the IQ right ? undecided
Oshey Albert Einstein the IQ sharer.

Look at this one? Did I mention such bt naturally ur mind gravitates to the negatives. There are a thousand positive things u can do actually if u think properly.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by noble2faith(m): 5:22pm On May 16, 2020
E better make person no get at all than make person get and make e no get again!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Thomthom(m): 5:22pm On May 16, 2020
Brodello:
Bro I understand this feeling kpa.

I grew up in Festac when Festac was still Festac. I lived with my aunt then, attended a private school and all that.

I never knew hardship all my life until my aunt died.

I had to go live with my Father who was not really financially buoyant and had 4 kids already excluding me. When I got to my Fathers house, I began to understand that life is not rosy at all.

Popsy worked in a Factory and could barely take care of us.

When I finished secondary school, the next option was to go look for a Job.

The first job I did was a motor boy for a pure water company. My job was to load the truck with bags of pure water, go with the driver to customers shops and offload the pure water.

The craziest day of my life was when my secondary school colleagues were doing the usual SS3 graduation. My school ordered for pure water from the company I worked for.

I was to go deliver the pure water with the driver. The funniest part, I was wearing my school trouser because I barely had clothes to wear.

Omo, I told the driver to go that he would collect my salary for that day. I could not bare the shame.

After working at that company for two months, I left because the salary was little. I went to try bricklaying.

Bricklaying was the trend in my area then.

The first bricklaying job I did, everyone laughed at me. The way I held the shovel sef was funny. We worked for a while the cement finished, the man in charge told me and my friend to go carry cement from a far distance.

There was no wheelbarrow so me and my friend had to carry the cement on our head, I carried one bag of cement, my friend carried two bags.

See ba, after work that day, they paid me 1,500. I used 1,000 Naira to treat myself. I swore never to go back.

When I seat down and imagine my life. I can't help but thank God.

Check out my signature guys smiley
Bros ur poverty Na original one ooo.. school cloth take go work

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by cooltola(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2020
God bless your hustle. It is far better to do a honest wage than to do illegal work.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Perfecttouchade: 5:25pm On May 16, 2020
Everyone who hustle will one day escape the hardship of life...keep pushing till e Green..listen to 9ice recent release

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MartinsD12(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

I have too kids and a beautiful wife to take care of.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN
OR I SABI THE KIN WORK WEY YOU FIT DO.

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
I was bedridden for almost three days after
Life of a man, when suffer turn to success its a great feeling, the other way around is what we don't want to experience
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 16, 2020
gmacnoms:
can you tell us how you temporarily went from up to down? What are the lessons that could save other entrepreneurs
check my topic, it's all in there
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by xandy84: 5:29pm On May 16, 2020
Says who? Worked warehouse, start.my associate degree, left the job, get a good job with benefits and start my own company. Not everyone can stand the sight of what goes on in group home.

sonnie10:

You better work in group home because warehouse job won’t give the time and extra strength to improve yourself through school.
In group home if you do night, you can go to school in the morning.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Yankee101: 5:31pm On May 16, 2020
That's why it's important to exercise regularly

Anytime you can't lift yourself via pull ups there is a problem

If you can't bend and touch your toes and remain like that for a while you might be very sick or obese

Check body BMI
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by 21cents: 5:32pm On May 16, 2020
Thomthom:
Bros ur poverty Na original one ooo.. school cloth take go work

lol.. that one even fair small. baba I don see poverty and it got to a point where shame no dey enta me again. imagine fine boy of a bricklayer hustling and everyone couldn't even believe my dad was the bricklayer cos I looked way too fresh grin. dad was fresh too in his younger years from the pictures I've seen but I figured the wahala he faced washed away his cuteness.

went to govt secondary sch cos no money, and my sec school was hell cos I was so ashamed to mingle with some guys cos Dem don see me for cement work before. girls? no even go there cos my crush caught me while working in the neighborhood and I just troway face grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 16, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

funny enough, the OP has changed the topic.

the OP deceived us.

grin grin
changed by the mods not me. And this topic was in March, was surprised when I saw it on front page

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by seunlayi(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
changed by the mods not me. And this topic was in March, was surprised when I saw it on front page

Where are the jobs this days? You hardly see those jobs, things are very tough. If many could get jobs this days, they will run to it just to sustain

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Bahamas95(m): 5:44pm On May 16, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
That's the hustle most ppl do daily just to feed and here u are making mokery of it. Yahooboys have no idea how blessed they are to have rhe knowledge, if u can't do it oya come my site and work. This lockdown its 1500 per day, if u no do go!!
Oga how did he make mockery of the hustle? He was just telling his story that's all. With this your comment you sounded like a very arrogant and wicked employer of labour.

I pity anybody wey go work for you, you fit nor even pay dem sef after dem suffer work finish.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Ryocaj(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
What nonsense?

Is 6.2ft that tall?

I'm 6.2ft and I don't even consider myself tall.

I'm just average.
Guy 5′5″-5'8″ is average height, 5′9″-5′11″ is tall and anything above 6 feet is very tall.. D ideal height for a man is 5'11"..
I am 6'3".. most times I find myself standing tall in crowds.. n once in a while I get dwarfed by some ppl..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Vamicz(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2020
I'll say you start with the job and subsequently better opportunities will come knocking. A friend got his first employment earning a bit less than this and in months he left the job for better offer. If you do not have any alternatively better offer I'll say you accept the offer for now.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 16, 2020
Virus99:

Hi we are in Ilorin if you know how to ride a bike you can come work with us as a dispatch rider
just imagine this, I left Ilorin January this year when I couldn't find something doing again. Which I saw this by then
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Thomthom(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2020
21cents:

lol.. that one even fair small. baba I don see poverty and it got to a point where shame no dey enta me again. imagine fine boy of a bricklayer hustling and everyone couldn't even believe my dad was the bricklayer cos I looked way too fresh grin. dad was fresh too in his younger years from the pictures I've seen but I figured the wahala he faced washed away his cuteness.

went to govt secondary sch cos no money, and my sec school was hell cos I was so ashamed to mingle with some guys cos Dem don see me for cement work before. girls? no even go there cos my crush caught me while working in the neighborhood and I just troway face grin.
crush caught me while working in the neighborhood and I just troway face cheesy
21cents:

crush caught me while working in the neighborhood and I just troway face
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Thomthom(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2020
LeeMason:
In summary OP, you are just a lazy man. If na kpekus now that time you go get power straff till 9pm... grin
KUDOS for keeping it legit and legal though, no go do ritual or fraud for the sake of cheddars oh
Bros you can't compare pkekus with cement na

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 16, 2020
LeeMason:
Bro you dey craze grin grin
Kpekus and bricklaying is it the same grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by GodPunishBiafra: 5:55pm On May 16, 2020
Ryocaj:

Guy 5′5″-5'8″ is average height, 5′9″-5′11″ is tall and anything above 6 feet is very tall.. D ideal height for a man is 5'11"..
I am 6'3".. most times I find myself standing tall in crowds.. n once in a while I get dwarfed by some ppl..
I'm 6.2 and many people around me are taller.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 16, 2020
AdaoraJoy:
Picture of You Carrying the Cement... Or Idonbelivit undecided
Wouldn't mind giving you a head up
You look damn beautiful grin
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Dharmiejoe(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2020
Bro I can relate with your story. Reminds me of when I was unemployed for almost 2 years. Tried some menial jobs for survival but just knew instantly I wasn't cut out for such.Please look inwards there is an innate skill u have,develop it and all wat ur going Tru will soon turn memories.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by ekerintee: 6:03pm On May 16, 2020
MasterJayJay post=8961679p2:

grin
grin
You are right ,it's all about weight lifting .if u are not used to carrying heavy weight,the body will react to such strain . Just like going to gym,u wil experience severe pain at first until the body gets used to it .Aside ,some of those bricklayer guys take alot of things before and after work.its not because the op was lazy but because his body was not used to such

Practice makes one perfect.

I am slim and used to carrying bag of rice from ground floor to 2nd floor.

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by greatseed: 6:05pm On May 16, 2020
Is it that Nairaland has run out of news & happenings ? They jst post anything this days & it is getting boring
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by gmacnoms(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
check my topic, it's all in there
no it's not. You only said you worked a few construction job, did photography and had 10 employees at a point. Then the fall. What went wrong, what happened to business, what decisions caused the fall?
Me for instance, my business took a hit last year because I supplied TV's worth millions on credit to a client. Cheques bounced, the toll on my businesscapital was massive. Till date I'm still owed, and I haven't totally recovered from that hit.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by miketayo(m): 6:11pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

I have too kids and a beautiful wife to take care of.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN
OR I SABI THE KIN WORK WEY YOU FIT DO.

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
I was bedridden for almost three days after

Do the job for 1 month, den quit and become a gym instructor. I respect those tiny men when I see them carrying cement like it's nothing. No pinch of fat in their body

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / NESTOIL Graduate Trainee Program 2018!!!!!! / P & G Reasoning Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.