Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Obasanjo Collapses In Church - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Collapses In Church (18414 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / 5 Storey Building Collapses In Mgbuka, Nkpor (pics) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by OAM4J: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2010
Dont you just envy this man

Everything about him is news, when he coughs, sick, sleep, harassed, joke, laugh. . . is all news.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by az77zy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
I wish he had a massive stroke, i would have organised a great thanksgiving to God for the knock on his head
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by babytejiri(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
Well he is an old man, such can be expected from him.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lastpage: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hmmmm, once we hear someone has a misfortune, most people jump up and celebrate!
The danger here is that none of us know whether we would even be around tomorrow or whether this same OBJ that collapsed will attend our burial?
Think about it a little? Who has power over life, to give and to take at will?

I understand the animosity towards OBJ and rightly too BUT lets be careful when we point fingers, so that the other four is not pointing at us! lipsrsealed
NO sinner shall go unpunished!

I wish someone will open a thread that says "In five sentences" TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE NIGERIA
At over 70yrs, if OBJ collapses, that should not be NEWS at all!
How many of those venting venom here have reached that Biblical age-wish of "two Score and a Ten"?
Someone's death is not worth "jubilating over" after all, WE DONT KNOW WHAT WILL BE SAID, WHEN YOUR TURN COMES grin grin

Wish everyone a peaceful, purposeful and prosperous 2011.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^ I hope when Abacha died, You were not one of the people that jubilated.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lastpage: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^^^^That should be very obvious to you, right?
"Do not request for the death of your enemies" says the Good Book!!
Go ask King Solomon.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by tjskii(f): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
lastpage:

Go ask King Solomon.
the same bible also says that when the righteous prosper,there wil be rejoicing,when the wicked perish there are shouts of joy
so wen misfortune falls upon the wicked, of course there'll be rejoicing
thats the natural order
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ I hope when Abacha died, You were not one of the people that jubilated.

NO Mind Nigerians ooo . . . Till this day, I have never met anyone who was not happy ooo!!! I was on campus . . . all those thugs there united and danced around campus ooo. lol

tjskii:

the same bible also says that when the righteous prosper,there wil be rejoicing,when the wicked perish there are shouts of joy
so wen misfortune falls upon the wicked, of course there'll be rejoicing
thats the natural order

Thank you!!!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Yorubah(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2010
Any other thing after collapsing? na one by one broom dey remove:::Nigeria go better if them all pack up
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2010
lastpage:

Go ask King Solomon.

How come in that same bible the Israelite rejoiced when the 3 armies that came to wage war on them turned on one another and killed themselves?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lagbaja20: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

NO Mind Nigerians ooo . . . Till this day, I have never met anyone who was not happy ooo!!! I was on campus . . . all those thugs there united and danced around campus ooo. lol

Thank you!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewo!

enough respect for Mrs. Kobojunkie
BTW, which campus?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lightwall: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
Obasanjo has only tried to be himself, and not any other person, not even Obama or Clinton, and besides Atiku can NOT be President.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I remember that day too, Ife was closed because a rally/riot was planned for Kudirat on June 4 and another one for June 12.

So authorities closed down the school to forestall that. They called it "Mid semester break"

See as people erupted in celebration at the news of Abachas death
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by porasog(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2010
lightwall:

Obasanjo has only tried to be himself, and not any other person, not even Obama or Clinton, and besides Atiku can NOT be President.

grin grin grin
wetin concern Atiku's Presidential ambiton with Obj's collapse?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2010
New Nigerian Dictionary Word

OBJ:

1. (adj) the character of not listening to others, believing only on one's oblique, inferior views; being clueless, directionless and yet, stubborn over

2. (n) an old hag still wanting to hang on to a position without really having any idea what good to do with the position

3. a power intoxicated-person who raises empty shoulder above other citizens; a proud opportunist

Pronunciation: sounds as spelled

Usage:

Iyabo has under-developed this community. She has been an OBJ in power

Will you listen to wise counsel and stop acting the OBJ!

Synonyms: directionless, clueless, wistfulness, obstinacy

Etymology

Obasanjo (OBJ) is former Nigerian president with the tainted history of running the most 'deaf-hear' administration. He was head of state during military regime and first 'milito-demo' ruler after transition from military to civilian reign in the country. He led the destiny of the country into desert without vision and still wanted a third-term in office after ruling the country for on two term, with four years for one term each without palpable development. He was corrupt and institutionalized it through the deceptive creation of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, which he uses to witch-hunt perceived enemies of his unreasonable ambitions.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QLoC8QjeUhMZhM:https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12521_nigeria_gov_Olusegun_Obasanjo_210_eng_17sep05_1_jpgb2419d2374f4e175653b722bf7580538&t=1[/img]
Images of OBJ

Entry added by Olawoye 'Segun (O' Law)

Source: visionitesmagazine.com >The Nigerian Dictionary Section

For list of more words, visit visionitesmagazine.com

Mobinga:

Creative

10x. Credit to visionitesmagazine.com it is their concepts defining every character that has made or marred the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kilode1: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

I remember that day too, Ife was closed because a rally/riot was planned for Kudirat on June 4 and another one for June 12.

So authorities closed down the school to forestall that. They called it "Mid semester break"

See as people erupted in celebration at the news of Abachas death

LOL I chopped awoof biscuit at my favorite store that day too. Festac was agog with celebration! It was like xmas in June.

Funny though, a lot of people were initially cautious, folks were so scared of that piece of poo and his goons that they were initially very careful.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
So if people celebrated Abachas death why should anyone attempt to stop them from extending the same hand to OBJ whenever he dies
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kilode1: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

So if people celebrated Abashes death why should anyone attempt to stop them from extending the same hand to OBJ whenever he dies

Because a lot of my people are oppressed by their religious and cultural beliefs, their minds captured in an invisible bondage. . .
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by oyinda3(f): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2010
so much callousness. guys let us remember humanity  tongue
I wish OBJ speedy recovery. but he should use the period to reflect on his life and change his ways!! lol
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
No mind them.  I won't forgot how many of those who criticized Yar adua when he was alive, changed tunes as soon as they learnt he was dead. They practically made him out to be a saint. lol
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Vigilante: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
Is this not the same nairaland where virtually everybody wants IBB dead. Suddenly death is not an option for some. Death will come when it will come. You can wish i or will it for anybody. grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by adaphik(f): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by andyanders: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
@Kilode?!
I LOVE YOUR COMMENT. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT WASTE OUR TIME HERE BECAUSE OF LOOTERS WHO DOES NOT THINK GOOD ABOUT NIGERIANS
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Genius100: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2010
People are posting here that they don't wish death to anyone. That's fair enough. But how many of our dear country men and women have died as a result of lack of basic amenities that could have been easily provided by past and present corrupt government administrations?

1) More than $16bn was wasted (or even syphoned) by Obasanjo's administration in kangaroo development exercises in the Power sector without us even noticing a slight improvement in electric power generation for our teeming populace. And the result? How many people must have died in the hospitals (intensive care units etc) whereby constant electric power is required to operate the various medical systems? Not to talk of many of our country men and women who have been impoverished as a result of lack of constant electric power for smooth running of their businesses.

2) Billions of naira were awarded in contract for various road projects notable among them, the Tony Annenih saga. Now tell me how many people must have died on such bad and un-maintained roads through vehicle accidents , as a result of the corrupt practices of Obasanjo and Annenih?  

3) A man who called himself a President - a chief presiding officer of a country, authorised the use of maximum violence by army officers against communities in Nigeria most notably, the Odi community which resulted in unnecessary waste of lives and properties.

4) Mr. Obasanjo himself, flagged off a project in 2007 in the name of second niger bridge only for us to discover that such contract was never awarded in the first place!

All in the name of hatred and disregard for fellow countrymen and women, these bast.ards who call themselves our "Elder statemen, former leaders and present leaders" continue to play politics with the lives of people who supposedly voted them into office. And when we hear that one of them "collapsed" in the church, people are here posting nonsensically with best wishes for such people without remembering our countrymen and women who have been sent to their graves by these . . .         . . . I reserve my comment. But, whoever said or says that Nigerians have shallow memories, is indeed making sense to me.

You are obviously an i-diot. If we are going to have a sound debate, it has to be based on facts. At this age, only a complete m-oron will continue to propagate the lies that $16 billion was spent on electricity when it has been completely disproved.

OBJ was bad shey, well what has the people after him done. You complain about Odi, but I don't see you saying anything about the people that were killed in the Niger Delta a few weeks ago under the presidency of a Niger Delta indigene. That should tell you that things are not as simplistic like your undeveloped brain makes it seem.

Everything you have posted is not based on facts. If you want to have a debate, post objective evidence to back your claims then we can debate. Otherwise, you continue to come across as an intellectual midget that is only capable of propagating hearsay and market women rumors.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kilode1: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2010
andyanders:

@Kilode?!
I LOVE YOUR COMMENT. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT WASTE OUR TIME HERE BECAUSE OF LOOTERS WHO DOES NOT THINK GOOD ABOUT NIGERIANS

Thank you. Looters are acting true to nature, our own job is to keep protecting our peoples interests.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by frag(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2010
Genius100:

You are obviously an i-diot. If we are going to have a sound debate, it has to be based on facts. At this age, only a complete m-oron will continue to propagate the lies that $16 billion was spent on electricity when it has been completely disproved.

OBJ was bad shey, well what has the people after him done. You complain about Odi, but I don't see you saying anything about the people that were killed in the Niger Delta a few weeks ago under the presidency of a Niger Delta indigene. That should tell you that things are not as simplistic like your undeveloped brain makes it seem.

Everything you have posted is not based on facts. If you want to have a debate, post objective evidence to back your claims then we can debate. Otherwise, you continue to come across as an intellectual midget that is only capable of propagating hearsay and market women rumors.

@ Genius100
Why are you calling him names?
Do people drink ogogoro before coming on here or what?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by cephaspee(m): 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2010
though OBJ is old but once a soldier can't just collapse like that.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Genius100: 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2010
frag:

@ Genius100
Why are you calling him names?
Do people drink ogogoro before coming on here or what?

Why won't I call him names. People like him are the reason Nigeria and Africa at large remain at the bottom of the totem pole. Is it too much to ask to make statements based on facts as opposed to peddling rumors like an illiterate?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dempeople(m): 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
Genius100:

Young man, be guided! Insulting people unnecessarily, isn't my way of doing things but since you've taken the plunge and for the sake of millions of Nigerians who have died, maimed, displaced or impoverished by the policies of past and present corrupt governments, kindly ask your mother who your father is and when you discover his identity and, you find that you're worthy enough to debate intelligently, come back for some tutorials on manners.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by damisalee: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hi no matter wat obj has done in d past,we no fit just dey happy say him faint by d way ow authentic is dis thread! remember d "i dey kampe" & "i dey laugh".
Make we let am do im time as God want am,i believe b4 him go,changes will come 4rm his end.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dayokanu(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2010
damisalee:

Hi no matter wat obj has done in d past,we no fit just dey happy say him faint by d way ow authentic is dis thread! remember d "i dey kampe" & "i dey laugh".
Make we let am do im time as God want am,i believe b4 him go,changes will come 4rm his end.
'

But you follow us dey happy when Abacha died why make we no happy when OBJ faint?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Genius100: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2010
Genius100:

Why won't I call him names. People like him are the reason Nigeria and Africa at large remain at the bottom of the totem pole. Is it too much to ask to make statements based on facts as opposed to peddling rumors like an illiterate?
dem_people:

Young man, be guided! Insulting people unnecessarily, isn't my way of doing things but since you've taken the plunge and for the sake of millions of Nigerians who have died, maimed, displaced or impoverished by the policies of past and present corrupt governments, kindly ask your mother who your father is and when you discover his identity and, you find that you're worthy enough to debate intelligently, come back for some tutorials on manners.

I see that I was right in my previous assessment that you are a complete i-diot. You come here and spew complete lies about Obasanjo, you tacitly support those wishing him death, yet you have the nerve to say I'm insulting people unnecessarily and furthermore, you have the temerity to talk about my parents. I-diots like you are of no use to humanity. Your mom should have done the world a favor and aborted you. Go back to school and try to make something of your wretched live.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku / PDP Wins All 32 Seats In Rivers State House Of Assembly / Guber Elections: Tribunals Deliver Landmark Judgements, Fear Grips LP Over Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.