Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Obasanjo Collapses In Church - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Collapses In Church (18417 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / 5 Storey Building Collapses In Mgbuka, Nkpor (pics) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by sizzlers(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
guys u people should stop fighting over ****** issues
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by fmgold: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2010
Abeg o, we need him to stay alive so he can stop the likes of babangida or barawongida(thief of the house) and Atiku from becoming president.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by ikillmods1: 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
every enemy of naija's progress should fall down and die

Amen
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Becomrich12: 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
what the update
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dempeople(m): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
Genius100:

I see that I was right in my previous assessment that you are a complete i-diot. You come here and spew complete lies about Obasanjo, you tacitly support those wishing him death, yet you have the nerve to say I'm insulting people unnecessarily and furthermore, you have the temerity to talk about my parents. I-diots like you are of no use to humanity. Your mom should have done the world a favor and aborted you. Go back to school and try to make something of your wretched live.

Young man, you have not answered my question but chose to follow the path of immaturity. I've never talked from both sides of my mouth instead, I resort to facts to back-up my theory(s). Nevertheless, you can call me any names you can imagine after all, its a free world. I'll never come out here to trade insults with you. If Obasanjo is your father then, the more shameful but, how you would vehemently defend such a man, beggars believe but not entirely surprising. I still believe in my posts and will not waiver one bit.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lastpage: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
It is macabre when peeps resort to GUTTER LANGUAGE and INSULT ANYONE that does not share their ill-conceived opinion!
I did not say people did not rejoice when Abacha died, l said "We should not wish death for anyone" and many people have shown the futility and ignorance behind such wish!
OBJ will die when he will but what you cannot guarantee is if YOU, yes YOU, would outlive him
When the time of an evil being is up, the people rejoice!
Its different when "self appointed Saints" kill an evil man/wish him dead, it becomes wickedness! (Remember when David cried when his avowed enemy was killed and the news was gleefully broken to him?)

More importantly, since we are gladiators when it comes to acidic criticisms, l have thrown the challenge and its open to all those who wish OBJ to "fall down and die NOW":

LIST JUST FIVE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE YOUR COUNTRY NIGERIA

Oya, lets go.
If you have nothing to show, thats still fair enough, use the remaining days of your life to make amends, dont use it to wish death on your enemies

BTW: No need for vulgar name-calling; remember l did not insult anyone with my post or call people names!
Cheers
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by coolpapa: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2010
OBJ isn't gonna die just like that. i'm very optimistic that he will help build naija grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2010
frankly speaking-im beginning to lose my support from Gej and it seems atiku is gaining that unless his campaign words is just like naija words but onething dat he insist which makes me still think he wont do well is dat of his turn by turn rule
BUT DO ANY BODY HERE HAVE ANY POLITICAL CRIME THIS MAN HAS EVER COMMITED? PLS HIGHLIGHT ME.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by olu77(m): 12:46am On Dec 29, 2010
Having read every comment I have come to this conclusion that the only reason men who are suppose to be accountable to us are holding us to ransom is because we are not united and since they have infected us with this virus call corruption, we'll continue to show sympathy for evil leaders who do not have peace even with their own conscience. I know it is not a easy task, to rule a country like Nigeria but the major problem of this country is still leadership. Since independence we have been recycling the same old leaders who have done this nation no good. Why is Jerry Rawlings not trying to come back to power in Ghana? Why has Nelson Mandela not turn himself to a godfather and play a do or die politics in South Africa?

I may not have black on white evidence but I strongly believe that 80% of the total assets of Nigeria is owned by thesame past and present leaders whose children school in best universities abroad while our educational sector is gradually folding up. Most of our so called leaders today had free education during the colonial missionary era while today, state universities are beginning to compete with private universities - owned by thesame churches we attend - in high tuition fees , for how long are we going to continue to nurse sentiments for wolves?

When Babangida refused to attend Oputa panel what happened? What did the then president do? After all, why should the pot call the kettle black. We need a president that neither have anything to hide nor a godfather to obey.

The solution to the problem of this nation is not for everyone to vote alone. Tell me, in what election has our votes ever count? The solution is not prayer alone -  faith without action is void abi did Goliath just died without David taking any action. Solution will come when we all agreed we have never had a leader in this country and hence in one voice say enough is enough all of them should go whether to hell or exile we don't care.

Enahoro, Gani Fawehinmi, etc have died they are on the positive section of history. Abacha died and he is buried forever on the negative section sad, tomorrow will tell where OBJ will be after ruling for 12years.  sad
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Genius100: 1:08am On Dec 29, 2010
dem_people:

Young man, be guided! Insulting people unnecessarily, isn't my way of doing things but since you've taken the plunge and for the sake of millions of Nigerians who have died, maimed, displaced or impoverished by the policies of past and present corrupt governments, kindly ask your mother who your father is and when you discover his identity and, you find that you're worthy enough to debate intelligently, come back for some tutorials on manners.

I defend OBJ because I use my brain, unlike most Nigerians. Like I said, if we want to have a sound debate it has to be based on facts. Anyone can make up a claim and continue to harp on it. You have provided no evidence whatsoever to support your claims. When you provide the objective evidence, then we can talk.

I do not think OBJ is a saint. I think people like Okonja Iweala, Ribadu, El Rufai, Donald Duke, Ezekwesili did a better job than OBJ in their respective portfolio. If I were to rate OBJ, I will give him a C+. But that's a far cry from the opinion of i-diots like you. Fashola is undoubtedly one of the highly rated politicians in Nigeria, yet there are still loads of bad roads in Lagos. Why do you think that is?

If I gave any Nigerian $1 million dollars to build a hospital in any town of their choice, I remain fully convinced that somehow 25 - 30% of that money will be siphoned by corrupt parties. Why do you think that is?

When you start using your God given brain, you will realize that OBJ did a lot of good for Nigeria. He could have achieved more, but credit must be given to him for the little that he did.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by oderemo(m): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2010
I dont mind whether obj stole shillions, my grouse with this man is simple.he had 8yrs to establish a stable, meaningful democrasy that all nigerian could hold on to as tool in their arsenal to get rid of any government official that is not fit for purpose. He missed that vital part knowing fullywell that his hands are soiled fuethermore an enthrenshed demo. Will be a danger to d corrupt establishment
y did man propergate 3rd term agenda
y did he annoint yar adu,gej?

to say i dont wish him dead is putting it mildly.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Depilot(m): 1:32am On Dec 29, 2010
I joined your organization with an empty pocket. Over the years I made your organization N800b, but also pocketed N500b out of the N800b. My name is Obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Dec 29, 2010
Honestly, I don't wish him dead. No, I think he needs to die -- in fact, all those who have held this country and it's people in 'bondage' for decades, the Godfathers, their kids who have taken over from them, and the many who have helped enslave many and also pillaged the country, will need to die in other for this country, and it's people to start thinking for themselves.

I am not God, so I don't know now how it will happen but that is my honest belief. I saw how liberating the deaths of old Godfather's ( the Ziks, Abiola's, Abacha's etc) had been on the psyche of the Nigerian people. Problem though was that as soon as one died, people found for themselves another god in one of the old men still kicking. I am off the opinion that once that generation is past, our kids, and maybe our parents will start to really think, for the first time, about all that has really been happening and maybe will happen.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by beespak7(m): 1:45am On Dec 29, 2010
So what happens to the billions of looted nigerian money when this king kong finally falls undecided
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^ Like you are ever going to actually go after him for even a cent kobo of it . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by beespak7(m): 1:56am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^^ i never said i wanted a dimed of the stolen nigerian money. its just disgusting how those in power steal and loot billions of dollars meant for nigeria only for them to die and leave the loot in swiss accounts
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Depilot(m): 2:01am On Dec 29, 2010
We do not have to wait for these old thieves to die, we can come together and make them pay.
We can stone their cars, stone their kids, set their houses on fire, attack their wives and many more.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^ How do you make them pay when about half or even more of the populace, those who you expect to stand with you, are still enamored of these men? Won't you be more afraid that the people around you will plot to do away with you should you even make your intents known to them?

beespak7:

^^^^ i never said i wanted a dimed of the stolen nigerian money. its just disgusting how those in power steal and loot billions of dollars meant for nigeria only for them to die and leave the loot in swiss accounts

Well, my thing is, with the way things have been going, it is likely we are not going to get a dime back from any of them.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dempeople(m): 2:22am On Dec 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Honestly, I don't wish him dead. No, I think he needs to die -- in fact, all those who have held this country and it's people in 'bondage' for decades, the Godfathers, their kids who have taken over from them, and the many who have helped enslave many and also pillaged the country, will need to die in other for this country, and it's people to start thinking for themselves.

I am not God, so I don't know now how it will happen but that is my honest belief. I saw how liberating the deaths of old Godfather's ( the Ziks, Abiola's, Abacha's etc) had been on the psyche of the Nigerian people. Problem though was that as soon as one died, people found for themselves another god in one of the old men still kicking. I am off the opinion that once that generation is past, our kids, and maybe our parents will start to really think, for the first time, about all that has really been happening and maybe will happen.

Thank you very much. The return of intelligent commentary without unnecessary verbal assaults from the realm of the insane!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by tyson55(m): 3:09am On Dec 29, 2010
@ dem_people You 're a wise head by ignoring genius or gee-anus or whatever he calls himself. The dude was ranting insult all over the place as if he was on crack.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Limaoscar: 3:27am On Dec 29, 2010
That is NOT My mandate sir! and I hope it will NOT be the mandate of most Nigerians.

Our Mandate should be the enthronement of an egalitarian society where leaders are answerable to the people, a society and culture that supports that accountability and demands it at every stage. A society that values justice and equity.

My own mandate is to make the seat of leadership uncomfortable for usurpers and megalomaniac fo.ols like OBJ and the late Abacha -Clueless leaders who live(d) in wealth while their people suffer.

Pieces of dung who preside(d) over the retrogression of their peoples standard of living.

Mumu murderers who bombed and violated their own women and children -remember Odi? http://www.hrw.org/legacy/press/1999/dec/nibg1299.htm  while conspiring with foreigners to loot the public treasury -remember Halliburton? http://allafrica.com/stories/201010140319.html  

Have you lost family to avoidable bad roads before?

Have you ever lost loved ones to an avoidable death in a rag tag unfunded public hospital?

Have you been harassed by a policeman and abused because you can't afford a bribe?

Did you or your kids attend schools where teachers will rather sell wares than teach because these leaders withheld their wages?

Did you hawk barefooted in front of the same building where your parents work because their wages ain't paid by the same powerful, untouchable "big man" that owns the skyscraper?

How do you pray for people like that? God punish "let's pray for leaders/exleaders"

which kain leaders?  

@ Kilode,
My response was directed at DayoKanu who already responded to my post. I do understand your reasons for the sharp reaction and I do understand that we probably have our mandates from different sources. As a Christian and a representative of God on the earth, It is my responsibility to pray for our leaders/EX LEADERS. I have enough sense to understand that I cannot judge another man when i am not the one who put him in power. I also know that God's demand and mandate on me is to pray for these leaders and leave judgement to God. I am not so sure this will persuade you though but this is my persuation as a Christian and I believe this same view is shared by most believers and all those who honestly love our dear nation.

I love your question about "how do we pray for such leaders". The answer is right here. Pray that God will change their hearts and turn their hearts towards him so they can receive, instruction from Him, rule in wisdom so that God's will and devine agenda for Nigeria will  be done in our Nation as it is in Heaven.

BTW, Leaders cannot HONESTLY be accountable  to man until they have totally submitted to God.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Mingler: 4:00am On Dec 29, 2010
Visit www.professionalsinnigeria.com to meet professionals from all over Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Obijulius: 4:51am On Dec 29, 2010
first Ojukwu, now Obasanjo, who's next?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by TmeD0(m): 4:57am On Dec 29, 2010
People are posting here that they don't wish death to anyone. That's fair enough. But how many of our dear country men and women have died as a result of lack of basic amenities that could have been easily provided by past and present corrupt government administrations?

1) More than $16bn was wasted (or even syphoned) by Obasanjo's administration in kangaroo development exercises in the Power sector without us even noticing a slight improvement in electric power generation for our teeming populace. And the result? How many people must have died in the hospitals (intensive care units etc) whereby constant electric power is required to operate the various medical systems? Not to talk of many of our country men and women who have been impoverished as a result of lack of constant electric power for smooth running of their businesses.

2) Billions of naira were awarded in contract for various road projects notable among them, the Tony Annenih saga. Now tell me how many people must have died on such bad and un-maintained roads through vehicle accidents , as a result of the corrupt practices of Obasanjo and Annenih? 

3) A man who called himself a President - a chief presiding officer of a country, authorised the use of maximum violence by army officers against communities in Nigeria most notably, the Odi community which resulted in unnecessary waste of lives and properties.

4) Mr. Obasanjo himself, flagged off a project in 2007 in the name of second niger bridge only for us to discover that such contract was never awarded in the first place!

All in the name of hatred and disregard for fellow countrymen and women, these bast.ards who call themselves our "Elder statemen, former leaders and present leaders" continue to play politics with the lives of people who supposedly voted them into office. And when we hear that one of them "collapsed" in the church, people are here posting nonsensically with best wishes for such people without remembering our countrymen and women who have been sent to their graves by these . . .   angry angry angry angry angry angry . . . I reserve my comment. But, whoever said or says that Nigerians have shallow memories, is indeed making sense to me.

in as much as i don't wish death on anyone (which is inevitable by the way), the comment above is by far the most well thought out of all i've read so far.

it seem like our people are always quick to forget all the atrocities these our so-called leaders committed (directly or indirectly) while in power.

yet, some of us will glorify or should i say feel compassion for some of these heartless leaders that so many innocent lives were lost due to their greed, hunger for power, and wealth.

i bet if any of the folks on here feeling sorry for him (if the incident had in fact happened) had lost a relative during his reign, their responses will definitely be different.

it's so easy for some of us to play Mother Theresa from a far until we're directly affected by the action or inaction of one these so-called leaders i.e losing a loved one. 

naija people sha. . .

very shallow memory! After everything, you're coming to tell me he's a great man,
A great man compared to who!!! Babangida or Atiku or the many other losers you're so used to that u now think its normal?? Mcheww. Great my backside!!! Old and great are two very different things!!!

@ anathemia, huh? what r u ranting about? where in the post did the poster mention obj as being great?

did u even read his comment in its entirety, especially the last paragraph (indicated in bold)? 

i'd suggest u go back and read his post again because your response to his post has no correlation to the points he raised. . . thus, your ranting makes u look  like a . . . (u guessed right!).  wink
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Diligence: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2010
I wish him quickest recovery to good health. Methinks is hi time he curtailed many of his stressful activities - once a soldier is not always a soldier as man is all flesh and blood!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Meldrick(m): 8:05am On Dec 29, 2010
@ poster

you are very sick in the head. Obasanjo faint , e no faint, your godfather Atiefku can never be president.
idiot.

Watin concern Obasanjo fainting with Atiefku failed candidacy.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Z10: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2010
All dis happening 2Obj are warning signs on his life, it there4 means dat he is old enough now, he need 2calm down and tak care of his health or else he ll b sent 2a london hospital bed,
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by maimalari: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2010
Although it isn't right to wish death on someone,it is most right to wish death unto the devil and all of his agents who has held our dear nation as a private property. Ojukwu, Obasanjo, Danjuma, Gowon, Buhari, ibb, abulsalami abubakar, David mark and all the coupists should all die and leave Nigeria alone. Since they all have decided not to support generational change in governance, the God of Nigeria will enforce the much desired change. tongue
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Meldrick(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2010
@ poster

you are very sick in the head. Obasanjo faint , e no faint, your godfather Atiefku can never be president.
idiot.

Watin concern Obasanjo fainting with Atiefku failed candidacy.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2010
maimalari:

Although it isn't right to wish death on someone,it is most right to wish death unto the devil and all of his agents who has held our dear nation as a private property. Ojukwu, Obasanjo, Danjuma, Gowon, Buhari, ibb, abulsalami abubakar, David mark and all the coupists should all die and leave Nigeria alone. Since they all have decided not to support generational change in governance, the God of Nigeria will enforce the much desired change. tongue

Are you kidding me? You seriously want to blame them for the irresponsibility on the part of the Nigerian people? Abegi!!! Those who have continued to support and sing praises of theses 'godfathers' are none other than average Nigerians like you and I. Those who innundate Nairaland with posts on how wonderful these men are and will be to remain in Nigeria are ordinary Nigerians. So please, yes, many of them have held on to power for too long, but no for one minute accuse them of not supporting generational change in governance. That part goes to the Nigerian people who themselves would rather vote for these things to continue in office, than have them go to the wastelands were many of them really belong.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by haboosa(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2010
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012292354015 , obasanjo slumps in the church check the link grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kilode1: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2010
Limaoscar:

@ Kilode,
My response was directed at DayoKanu who already responded to my post.

That's fine, I responded because I had bones to pick with your post.

I do understand your reasons for the sharp reaction and I do understand that we probably have our mandates from different sources. As a Christian and a representative of God on the earth, It is my responsibility to pray for our leaders/EX LEADERS. I have enough sense to understand that I cannot judge another man when i am not the one who put him in power.

Thank you for understanding, we obviously don't believe in the same "God"

The Christian God I know does not tolerate injustice though. I do not believe he pats evil, murderous rulers on the back. I'm sorry but, I cannot wait for the day when your kind of belief will be wiped out of Nigeria or reduced to it's barest minimum. True accountable leaders derive their authority from the people sir not from some divine being. Leaders quickly become megalomaniac tyrants when we ascribe divine authority to them. No wonder OBJ said "I dey kampe" with followers like you why won't leaders become power drunk?

I also know that God's demand and mandate on me is to pray for these leaders and leave judgement to God.

^^ I honestly do not recognize the God you are speaking of over there, that must be a new religion you just formulated. I'm not in the business of heart changing prayers for murderous, corrupt, oppressive recalcitrant rulers, they are like sons of perdition. The creator gave us a brain and a sense of justice and morality to create laws to fix that so we don't have to bother heaven with prayers at every second.

I am not so sure this will persuade you though but this is my persuation as a Christian and[b] I believe this same view is shared by most believers and all those who honestly love our dear nation.[/b]

You are right, I'm not persuaded. I respect your belief but I don't share it. I disagree with the statement in bold though since I'm a Nigerian and I don't share your view and I honestly do not believe you love Nigeria and the People of Nigeria more than I do, therefore Not all those who honestly love our dear nation shares your view.

The Oyinbos who brought you Christianity judge their corrupt leaders at every opportunity they can find, they demand accountability and institute systems of governance that judge and sometimes sentence leaders to death for crimes committed here on earth. So, I refuse to accept your Christians "do not judge" position.

Before the Oyinbos came, our ancestors used to demand that leaders commit suicide or face banishment when they over step their boundaries or outlive their usefulness, after all, no Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life(John 15:13) abi no be so Pastor?

We threw all that away, picked up Oyinbo religion but ignored the spirit and philosophy behind it and you wonder why our societies are in disarray.  I judge sir, and I will like to be judged, it is called accountability. I welcome it. I mean, If we can't judge then why do we have courts and a justice system?

I  love your question about "how do we pray for such leaders". The answer is right here. Pray that God will change their hearts and turn their hearts towards him so they can receive, instruction from Him, rule in wisdom so that God's will and devine agenda for Nigeria will  be done in our Nation as it is in Heaven.

BTW, Leaders cannot HONESTLY be accountable  to man until they have totally submitted to God.

You mean we should wait for OBJ to get born again-again-again? LOL. We don pray tire make we try something else, I assure you God no go vex, Trust me I represent "God" too and he's tired of them.

I hope you will reconsider your position and join the "judge on earth" movement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / Majority Of Nigerians Love Buhari, Forget Social Media Critics –femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.