Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? (32646 Views)

Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ametormi(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
yeah Pol Science am ok with that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by nnol(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Wanted to study law, bt currently studying Criminology and security studies and i have no regrets.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Npower: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
I no like my own, and I will never like it

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Slimdaddy2:
International relations and diplomacy very interesting course.

which varsity?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by okpaire(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
I wanted to ask what school did u attend for your Pgd. Programme and also do they have pgd in mechanical engineering.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by lumzymania(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na computer science I choose ooo...
Gbam! They gave me Statistics...
Thank God today na one semester remain ���
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Peacefulguy90: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
If I can't love accounting, what other course will I love............ Coro abeg go let me graduate this year oooo
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Redman44(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Beosten:
I just want to be an accomplished writer. I studied Animal Science because I was into science in high school. I'm still not sure if studying Dramatic Arts, Literature in English and the likes can make one an accomplished writer.

I ventured into science primarily because I love medicine and surgery. But facts on ground regarding my disabilities make me a bad candidate for medicine and surgery.

You should think of studying Journalism at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism ( NIJ ), Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos. You can acquire National Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Journalism at the school. Don't bother studying Theater Arts etc at the University. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micxwell(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
I studied Islamic Engineering and I love it
Personal text: * Don't take me too serious *, we're here to get informed and also CATCH SOME FUN. Once life shows her reality, sarcasm is bae..... tongue
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Quelme: 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
humnsikan:
Yesso! I am in my late 20's and studied pharmacy. By the grace of God, I got a job immediately after NYSC in two Federal establishments simultaneously. I had to go for one. Three of my closest friends and coursemates are in Australia, Germany and the Uk doing research. We are all from humble backgrounds, and I used to hawk doughnuts and purewater as a child. I do not regret studying pharmacy in anyway and I thank God for it.
chief, link your boy up na
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Honeydenz(f): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Negative!
Bsc in Microbiology, second class honours, of a truth I tell you, MCB don't have a career prospect in Nigeria except you do it to masters degree level, with plans to work in the academie. But then, there's also a serious competition to get a lecturing job as many graduates now abounds with Msc, some even have Ph.D job hunting.

My advice: if you're yet to gain admission Study something real, something practical, something that can lead you to self employment.
[color=#000000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by holajeedayy: 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
After spending 9years in the university, I knew if I had studied Yoruba language, I would have graduated right on time.

After wasting 9year in uni,u still went ahead to join buari keyboard warrior ...I pity you with passion ..I ventured into politics in schools the moment I discover it wasting my life ,I focus on academic and skill in my field .. Even as I spend much time in school .....I was making small money at my ending year in school and to God b the glory .,but for student don't have first class with out skill ,...u better have 2.1 or 2.2 with skill .....
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ManyThanks: 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:

Because there is no demand for it in the Nigerian labour market
oppppps! sorry about that

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micflo28(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kenoboh:
Accounting. Not a very good course
Accounting is one of the best courses. You just need to build urself further to rip the fruits of the course

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
I love it B-ENG-Electrical/Electronics Engineering

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by CapedBaldy: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Currently studying mathematics. I like maths but not quite sure if it's something I wanna study. I'll know what to do after year 1. Initially applied for computer science.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ubiudumo(m): 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
I studied Law and I'm glad I did
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Redman44(m): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thunday1005:
I love it food science and technology

I know someone who studied Food and Human nutrition at a University in Southwestern Nigeria. He graduated in 2004. He works with Nestle Plc today. Personally, I think Food Science and Technology is even advanced than Food and Human Nutrition. You should be thinking of setting up a Food related business when you graduate. This is because you have better knowledge about food than other businessmen who are running restaurants, food factories or food supply businesses. You can also market yourself to Fast Food joints, Hotel Catering Units, Soft drink companies and similar businesses as a Consultant. Don't look down on yourself. You are very valuable. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Samstrange44(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
aliucity1:
I applied for medicine and was offered Zoology at University of Benin.I took the offer with the inclination that I will transfer to Medicine in 200L.

I did everything humanly possible to make the best out of the course in my first year so that moving to medicine would be seamless.Mysteriously,I had a missing script in GST and that got me stuck in the department.

Initially when it was obvious that I was going no where,I felt depressed because Zoology was never an option for me at all.I was always ashamed to tell friends the department I was in the university.I remembered couple of times I had to lie in different foral about the true status of my discipline in the university.

When it became Dawn on me that I was in the department to stay,I had to dust myself and configure my mind to make the best out of the department.I eventually graduated with second class upper division and this in no doubt spurred my chances in the labour market.

Today,I work in one of the federal agencies occupying an enviable position that even engineers and other professionals take directives from me.I am indeed grateful to God that I studied zoology at the end.

I took my time to write this in order to encourage someone who might be in this same shoe I was years back.I advise you to make the best out of that situation you are in now and focus on God at all time.The best is yet to come,trust me.

Please can I have ur contact
I really would use one or two advice from you
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by 21cents: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yes.

I studied Geography and I'm proud of it, anywhere.

Today, I'm a freelance GIS analyst. I'm driven by passion and love.

See, there's nothing like inferior course. If you love it, go and study it. As for job, learn to create one because aside the clinical sciences no course has a sure job today in Nigeria, not even engineering. But if you're creative, you can create your own niche and make your own little money.

The people wey dey vex me pass are those studying agric. How you go study agric come still they find job upandan after graduation? I swear, you need dirty slap. Agric is job.

Some people might say, it's only theory they teach in the university. Yes, it's basically theory, but you should go and find a way to learn the practical. Your theory will make it easy for you to learn the practical.

Me too, they taught me only theory in school but after graduation I went to youtube and udemy to teach myself practical geography. Today, I've worked on many GIS projects including a world bank project.

If you like siddon 4 dia and be looking for non-existent lecturer job.
bruh pls educate me abeg since you're far ahead of me.

currently studying geography too at 2h and banging a 2.1.

how is the market after graduation and hopefully I maintain my 2.1, do I have any edge over others in the market and if no, what further geography skills do I need to learn before graduation?

God bless you as I await your orientation.

PS: I currently sponsor myself and I have madt skills on graphics design, it's what pay the bills. but does this skill count in the grand scheme of things?

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
ManyThanks:
oppppps! sorry about that

grin Don't mention
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by henrycloud: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
I dropped out but yeah... Its very good.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
Never liked the course at all, later fell in love with it in my final year cos of my project. It opened my love for microscopes.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Dani93(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
I study Business management, I love it and my lectures, Nice one
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by obed2bk: 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
freedomest:
I liked my own course, it wasn't the main course I applied for, but it was a nice course, and I never regretted it till today.

Some students don't like the course they are studying or the one they studied..

I studied physics and I loved it I applied for computer science and am happy because at least I de teach for privite school

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by GoldenJAT(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
freedomest:
I liked my own course, it wasn't the main course I applied for, but it was a nice course, and I never regretted it till today.

Some students don't like the course they are studying or the one they studied..

This is the picture of my Alma mater.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by obed2bk: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm studying Physics Education..

I love the "Education" part and every thing about it. But physics? a capital NO
I studied physics and I enjoy it and I know de physics u do are the simple one u did not do analytical mechanic. Statistical thermodynamics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Sasaeniyan29(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
I love my own course business administration and management.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Skmoda360(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
zealz4u:
Sometimes I feel I wasted money, time and effort in the university studying the course I studied. It's one of my greatest regret but life goes on.
I swear even me I would have gather all the cash that time and zoom to Canada if someone had hint me this is how naija gonna be...what a useless country
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by excel111(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
I love it too...Yoruba Engineering
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by doghorp(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
I studied Mechanical Engineering and I love it. I have HND Mechanical Engineering but currently Studying Physics as a first Degree then later I will do a master's in Engineering Physics. I am currently working as Mechanical Technician in an oil and gas servicing company

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Agric Econs... cry

Same here. Which school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) / See Photos Of Unical Year 1 Students Standing Outside To Recieve Gss / 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.