Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? (32644 Views)

Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by maleekeminent(m): 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
Though, I applied for electrical and electronic engineering but I was offered computer engineering and I've never regret studying the course.
In fact I love the course more than electrical and electronic engineering that I applied for

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yes, mass communication it my confidant so I can speak and know what to say and what not to say in the public. Am communicator

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by koldej(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
micxwell:
Higher degress or not, bro if you're not lucky enough to get a graduate trainee role, you have to die, get buried before you start growing (you may have to work for free, get treated like a dog or a househelp just so you can get there).. I'm into Occupational Safety and Health, my boss says it all the time that it's only experience that is holding me back from becoming a Manager. By God's grace, next year, I should be up there. But baba I don read, get turned down so many times at interviews. Had to learn Structural design and detailing from scratch.... No Uni can teach you that.... Na wetin I dey use do side hustle right now.

It's simple..... Like you have said it's what you have in you, yes but your degrees will be appreciated later...
Hii bro I will need ur guardians...I'm in ur shoe, will b glad if u could help me wit ur watsapp no..here is mine 0814 995 9843
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by richard870(m): 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
freedomest:
I liked my own course, it wasn't the main course I applied for, but it was a nice course, and I never regretted it till today.

Some students don't like the course they are studying or the one they studied..

Oh yes!!! -INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Accounting. Not a very good course
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ge0grapher(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fellow Geographer... Really admire your post.. Can I send you a PM??
GeoAfrikana:
Yes.

I studied Geography and I'm proud of it, anywhere.

Today, I'm a freelance GIS analyst. I'm driven by passion and love.

See, there's nothing like inferior course. If you love it, go and study it. As for job, learn to create one because aside the clinical sciences no course has a sure job today in Nigeria, not even engineering. But if you're creative, you can create your own niche and make your own little money.

The people wey dey vex me pass are those studying agric. How you go study agric come still they find job upandan after graduation? I swear, you need dirty slap. Agric is job.

Some people might say, it's only theory they teach in the university. Yes, it's basically theory, but you should go and find a way to learn the practical. Your theory will make it easy for you to learn the practical.

Me too, they taught me only theory in school but after graduation I went to youtube and udemy to teach myself practical geography. Today, I've worked on many GIS projects including a world bank project.

If you like siddon 4 dia and be looking for non-existent lecturer job.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Libraticazi: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
kudos4god:
My course of study is Industrial maths and applied statistics.
No regret
Are you a student or graduate?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Emmanuel602(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
I like the course I studied, but never got to use the certificate. Been out hustling on the street since late 2017 and I don't regret it a bit.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Angelacruz: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
No,i wrote jamb again for nursing.I love nursing science.I pray i will be admitted

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
humnsikan:
Yesso! I am in my late 20's and studied pharmacy. By the grace of God, I got a job immediately after NYSC in two Federal establishments simultaneously. I had to go for one. Three of my closest friends and coursemates are in Australia, Germany and the Uk doing research. We are all from humble backgrounds, and I used to hawk doughnuts and purewater as a child. I do not regret studying pharmacy in anyway and I thank God for it.
as men of honors, we join hands... Am a 500l student
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by JayReeMai(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
First Degree from a polytechnic
Civil engineering
Currently am studying estate management.
I actually love anything that has to do with the Built environment.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Angelacruz: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Knew
ecclize:
hmmm... if only i ______

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ManyThanks: 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:
I regret every bit of mine "Banking and Finance"
wow I thought that's a good course. what made you regret it?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by atobs4real(m): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Omoluabi9:
What was the course?
Insurance.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by feranmiajana: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
One of my greatest accomplishment and joy in life is that I studied Architecture.
When I didn't knew my bearing in life, I aspired to study Economics before Architecture called me.

I will forever be grateful to God.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Thunday1005(m): 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
I love it food science and technology
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Orofun1: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
I once applied for a course in the polytechnic but my people won't hear of it so I had to drop that idea and try for a university choosing a different course altogether, but ironically I didn't get admission in my desired course , I applied for change of course and ended up studying the course I initially applied for in the polytechnic, I enjoyed my time in Great Ife, it was a wonderful experience, at the beginning of the 5 years journey I was still looking to change course but I later settled down to the course, on top the course I had my MSc in d UK and currently on my PhD in Malaysia....so yes initially I didn't enjoy the course but I grew to love it and still loving it

5 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by humnsikan: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
banjo022:
as men of honors, we join hands... Am a 500l student
Yes o. As men of honor, we join hands to lift up our cherished profession.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
omotowo2:
Studied Mathematics and statistics but I am an accountant since 2007.I didn't like it
meaning you qualified as a chartered accountant?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by AgentNairaland(f): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
NobleAngell:
how're you happy?

I knw much about islam, quran, etc
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by MrFly(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
zealz4u:
Sometimes I feel I wasted money, time and effort in the university studying the course I studied. It's one of my greatest regret but life goes on.
what did u read?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Shilohbliss(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
At first I didn't then I loved it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Oreoluwa5: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
No political science graduate in the house ni? I dey wait to hear from una oh

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
ManyThanks:
wow I thought that's a good course. what made you regret it?

Because there is no demand for it in the Nigerian labour market
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Damitism: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
humnsikan:
Yesso! I am in my late 20's and studied pharmacy. By the grace of God, I got a job immediately after NYSC in two Federal establishments simultaneously. I had to go for one. Three of my closest friends and coursemates are in Australia, Germany and the Uk doing research. We are all from humble backgrounds, and I used to hawk doughnuts and purewater as a child. I do not regret studying pharmacy in anyway and I thank God for it.
Hello mate. As men of honour, we join hands. I studied pharmacy too and have no regret.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
I like it kinda but there are 2 other courses I would love to have studied aswell.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
humnsikan:

Yes o. As men of honor, we join hands to lift up our cherished profession.
do u mind if we connect outside nairaland

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm studying Physics Education..

I love the "Education" part and every thing about it. But physics? a capital NO
please create interest in physics, it is a hot cake now in the education industry. Please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Beosten(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
I just want to be an accomplished writer. I studied Animal Science because I was into science in high school. I'm still not sure if studying Dramatic Arts, Literature in English and the likes can make one an accomplished writer.

I ventured into science primarily because I love medicine and surgery. But facts on ground regarding my disabilities make me a bad candidate for medicine and surgery.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ManyThanks: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stefenijoan002:
Proud of what I studied Business Administration I so much love it .
hi that's the course am aspiring to study in univ.. des it invole so much maths?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ability19: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
I do love the course i studied in school but Nigerian do not value my course which is Paramedics. They rather employ quacks than professionals who are trained for the job.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) / See Photos Of Unical Year 1 Students Standing Outside To Recieve Gss / 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.