Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? (32649 Views)

Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by earthsync(f): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:

That's how it's supposed to be but nowadays it's not even an automatic ticket for you to work in banks.... Biologists, Engineers, Botanists, name them all work in banks....
What the essence of studying the course then in school when anyone can actually work in a bank grin

Worse of it all as a BKF graduate, my PPA was to teach in a primary school.... Can you imagine? Instead of carrying out my service in a bank as per what I studied grin

My dear, the course is so useless and I won't encourage any of my children to study it. Accountancy is far far better

nawa o this country gan

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ursulaa(f): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Currently studying Nursing sciences nd am soo in love with it.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Papacypaul(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
B. ENG Civil Engineering, mother of them all

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by michealoluwaseyi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
omo course dey for nigeria,and na the one wey no too dey useful plenty pass,why dont dey add courses like corona isolation ,choco milo and sugary education,ventilator and aso rock,

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kenplay:
I am currently studying Statistics/Computer science which I love but sometimes I felt I should have simply studied Economics. I will definitely study Economics in my master and add a M.BA to it. Amen

Economics is a stupid course... The same thing that was thought in 1980s is still the same thing. Same economic principles dt doesn't work in this current age again.... Don't even think abt economics at all

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micxwell(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Equity15:
computer science loved it soo much. would have preferred electrical and electronics engineering. didn't aplly cos of my bad T.D skills. I knew I would never have passed engine drawing
You're wrong!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Splendy07: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
An ecommerce shop in the heart of Abuja needs the services of a Shop Manager that can handle social media
Interested persons should call 08033114468
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Stillthebest: 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
martin1772:
Diaspora and transnational studies. Please how good is the course. I just got admitted for MA

They packaged history and international studies for you lol.

It is a good course anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ussycool: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
I hate the course.
Infact, Lecturers make it look like one gigantic course. Biochemistry in Nigeria is something else. I am still battling with the course, i just wanna get this CERT kawai.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Teejaney88(m): 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
give me another chance and I will study the same course. I'm sooo in love with it
#ComputerEngineering
#Spider

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Aremynart: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
No!
My sec. School decieved me, no guardian, my parents are not educated, as the first child of the family and not social as at then... All that helped me graduated was praying and reading.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by biggie73(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
I don't like my undergraduate degree course, but I love my Master's degree course.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by riczy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
zealz4u:
Sometimes I feel I wasted money, time and effort in the university studying the course I studied. It's one of my greatest regret but life goes on.
it will favor u someday!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by shegzhkn: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Love the idea i studied chE in the university ?? Lol.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Adakintroy2: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
deltateam:

Sociology is a nice course but job prospect is the koko.

I don't intent to work for people. Am a psychologist. As long as there are humans, I will eat.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Warmaterial(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
zealz4u:
Sometimes I feel I wasted money, time and effort in the university studying the course I studied. It's one of my greatest regret but life goes on.
which is?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ussycool: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
Splendy07:
An ecommerce shop in the heart of Abuja needs the services of a Shop Manager that can handle social media
Interested persons should call 08033114468

Hey man, i will contact you asap. Mmn but I am not staying at abuja o
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by bukiah: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=Bluehill1051 post=87961156]Agric Econs... cry[/do u like the course?]
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Lambadostic(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
The job I have now has nothing to do with what I studied but my ability to provide solutions and carrying out the task given to be with little or no supervision.

Most of the courses they offer in our institutions are irrelevant to the reality of things happening in our country.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by madana(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Mine is a testimony. I applied for Civil Engineering in one of the Federal Polytechnic in the southeast but fortunately I was given Architecture. I became one of the best in my set because Architecture was in my blood but I never knew it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by CHIDOHSKI: 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:
I regret every bit of mine "Banking and Finance"
why? I studied the same course and am happy with it.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by vickydevoka(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
CzarChris:
I applied for chemical engineering but was offered Agricultural Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering option. I was pissed. But having spent 3years at home after waec, I dived in. Well long story cut short. I found out I was in love with anything soil, so why keep myself down? After NYSC, I went back to school got a degree in Geology and Mining (while still working), did a PGD in Civil Engineering to completely horn my skills.

Best decision of my life I tell you.

If education is your thing, go back to and correct whatever wrong course you studied, if not F it and go into business/entrepreneurship.
Truth be told agricultural engineering is meant to be under agricultural faculty. Dis will enable someone know wat he is fully into.
I was de second best in my department. But to be honest I was meant to be de Best cus I was good in calculation. Buh de course tire me.i was thinking after school wats the next thing. I hate bank work also.
My brother de course u study matters alot, especially if you are coming from a poor background, no connection to get u a job.
Though, science courses are de best because it get u a job easily unlike art courses

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ablemax(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Still waiting for someone to say he love urban and regional planning

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by benzion72(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
ProfDview1:

Economics is a stupid course... The same thing that was thought in 1980s is still the same thing. Same economic principles dt doesn't work in this current age again.... Don't even think abt economics at all

My unsolicited advise instead of economics go and pursue ACCA and become a chartered accountant

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yes.

I studied Geography and I'm proud of it, anywhere.

Today, I'm a freelance GIS analyst. I'm driven by passion and love.

See, there's nothing like inferior course. If you love it, go and study it. As for job, learn to create one because aside the clinical sciences no course has a sure job today in Nigeria, not even engineering. But if you're creative, you can create your own niche and make your own little money.

The people wey dey vex me pass are those studying agric. How you go study agric come still they find job upandan after graduation? I swear, you need dirty slap. Agric is job.

Some people might say, it's only theory they teach in the university. Yes, it's basically theory, but you should go and find a way to learn the practical. Your theory will make it easy for you to learn the practical.

Me too, they taught me only theory in school but after graduation I went to youtube and udemy to teach myself practical geography. Today, I've worked on many GIS projects including a world bank project.

If you like siddon 4 dia and be looking for non-existent lecturer job.
What is GIS?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
dammywapes:
bros wetin sup you study medicine twice grin ?

Naxo we see am o

If I had studied medicine, would have spent 20years in medical school.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Gifty406(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Applied for electrical electronics Sha, but currently studying minning & mineral engineering. Just hope it works out well.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ProfChris10(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
I loved it, Chemical Engineering has always been my dream course. I'm proud to be a graduate Chemical Engineer

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ManuelMount(m): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bluehill1051:
You can see I'm still crying. If you like yourself change now. Pity your parents or whoever pays ur fees

ImI not going to change because of you there are doctors and lawyers who are crying like you

I don't expect my certificate to guarantee a job for me

That's the. Mistake y'all are making

Try something online maybe it could work out

It didn't work out for you doesn't mean it won't work 4 me

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
earthsync:

nawa o this country gan

Orilẹ-ede ti ku grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
bestpunterever:
9bad years? did you do Bsc and master together?

Make I keep quite. No be my case worst. I still got a pass out of the university.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by LivingSage: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
I studied Islamic Engineering and I love it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test / 100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Pictures Of Public Primary School In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.