Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Hungry Has Been Beating Us - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hungry Has Been Beating Us (4412 Views)

What's Your Honest Opinion About Beating Kids Like This ? / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by frozen70(f): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Godsbaby1:
sorry for the English language, as a teacher I always do.my best to make sure my children to be the best. thanks I really need help am for real thanks for ur understanding

Does it mean your husband is comfortable doing nothing while you beg and feed him

Am just asking ohhh
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
frozen70:

Does it mean your husband is comfortable doing nothing while you beg and feed him

Am just asking ohhh

Your question probably wont be answered because OP doesn't seems to wanna answer such question . . .
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by frozen70(f): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Your question probably wont be answered because OP doesn't seems to wanna answer such question . . .

You are absolutely right

She just want to ask for help and get it without being questioned

Who is the mugu
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by U1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
bizme:
I like this person Ifyjos. By my nature I'm not going to go out of my way to attack anyone, yes, but then I like the way she thinks. And it is a shame that people are attacking her for speaking up against one of the greatest ills of our country, and that is the liberty and the ease with which people beg.

It is highly worrisome indeed.

Instead of we Nigerians to collectively demand a better quality of life for ourselves we do one or more of the following counterproductive things:

1) Feel entitled to the perceived ('audio') wealth of others and then beg and beg: Everyone in Nigeria is suffering and struggling, just at different levels. Even professors and medical doctors who haven't been paid for sometime now, how do they manage? No one suffers and hustles in his/her own level just to hand it over to anyone else. Note I haven't called anyone lazy. We all end up bearing our own burdens and those inherited from our parents.
2) Donate their meager resources to unprofitable institutions like religious bodies: It is an irony that these religious leaders who have been collecting your money in times of no lockdown are still busy of inventing various electronic ways of continuing the collections, instead of being at the forefront of providing relief for you. If anyone wants to beg, you should do it at your pastor's, imam's, babalawo's or dibia's place. Let people rest.
3) Defend mediocre, self-serving and thieving successive governments on account of ethnicity: instead of all of us to see governance as a collective responsibility we choose to play the ostrich, bury our heads in the sand and they can steal our collective wealth and waste all the opportunities belonging to us and our children unborn... As long as the seat of political affluence one day rotates to our side, then we want the practice of corruption and ineptitude to continue so that some day it will get to our turn to hit it big. Now that you feel you should beg, it is those politicians you should approach cap-in-hands, and not other Nigerians who are also struggling to take their families through this trying period.
4) Marry when you are not financially able to do so.: I will borrow an admonition from the Bible that says any man (woman too, to make the feminist happy) who cannot provide for his own household is worse than an infidel. It literally translates to saying, it is even better if you are not born-again or a Christian than for you to have a wife and/or children and not be able to cater for their needs. Many of us can count several men who make less than 20K per month who still go ahead to get married and give birth, not to one, but to four, five, six and seven children and more. Some of them still go out to impregnate girls outside. And then the products of such recklessness and irresponsibility will go everywhere begging people and attacking anyone that fails to subscribe to this doctrine and career of begging that many Nigerians have come to love. The society did not force you to attract responsibilities you weren't ready for. Nobody cares if you're getting old, 40 or 50... If you really must bring children to this world, then make sure you have enough for yourself, your partner and the exactly number of children you can care for. Everyone in Nigeria literally is struggling to make ends meet no matter how much you think they have. It is only greed (ojukokoro) that will make you expect others to meet your needs. And no, OBJ, GEJ, GMB are not to blame for all the stupid decisions that led us individually to the bad economic state most of us are in now. Instead, we are to blame that they got to the offices where they further entrench our poverty.

The correct response to this for individuals to suffer with some dignity and start thinking deeply how to improve on their lives once this is over. There is necessity upon us all now, will we allow it to force out an invention on us, or we will simply shamelessly keep throwing our bank accounts in people's faces expecting others to ignore their own needs and cater to ours. This should have been the time to demand better social services from our government, if only the spirit of begging isn't so deeply entrenched.

I know that no matter how much English few of us speak here on this matter, many will still refuse to listen. They will still continue to ignore the opportunity to elect credible leaders; they will keep selling their votes for N1,000. Many will still continue to carry the money they ought to use for investment/savings to religious houses. Many will still continue marrying, impregnating and getting pregnant with babies they will never be able to cater for. In the end, the shame is still yours even if you have lost the capability of feeling ashamed.

Ifyjos, I do not know you but you have spoken my mind on this issue. But I have a favor to ask you: please stop being dragged into the gutters by people who see nothing wrong in begging. Kindly ignore them; not replying them will never take anything from you. Simply speak your mind and let anyone that likes continue breaking their heads over it. In the end, when no one is around, perhaps some of these e-beggars will have a sober reflection where they will stake stock of their lives. It may have been too late for them to make a significant change, but perhaps they shall be able to pass a better wisdom to their children.

As for the Op, I do not know you, and this isn't an attack on the veracity or seriousness of the needs of your household. I understand if you feel the need to attack me over my post; that's not going to be a problem at all. But no matter how bad things are right now for you financially (an experience which most Nigerians also share at this very time), begging people-strangers- is never a good behavior. I pray we all come out of this situation alive, but much more, I pray that this situation will allow us to start thinking for the future whether we are job hunting, spending-versus-saving, impregnating-or-being-impregnated, ... and so on. I know society is much more complex than my post has portrayed, nevertheless individuals are largely to blame for the kind of leadership in their country, allowed both by docility, corruption, as well as i-don't-carea attitude.

Such a long epistle. I gave up before getting to the end, even though I often write epistles myself. cheesy

While I agree with most or some of the things you touched upon, I just felt like expressing a contrary opinion to the bold.

From what I have seen in my sojourn so far on this earth, I can say there's no complete security on this earth. Even the Bible talks about "time and chance." People who thought they were ready might later have it rough - it has happened to some.

The only thing I will always tell people is that they should control how they sire children. This is a major problem in this country. Some people give birth to children like they are going out of fashion. They forget children are responsibilities and would need to answer for them on the last day.

1 Like

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
tabithababy:

Alaye baje omo...werey ni Iya e.. Your drunkard father slept with your oloriburuku mother after giving her 100 naira suya,,,,, no wonder she gave birth to an animal like you.. Cheap ho..e mother... No wonder her pussy has slacked.. Your oloshi papa don Bleep your mama brain comot.... Omo eleribu... Your mama expired pussy

Snipper is still #300 naira dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by tabithababy(f): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Livecamp09:

Snipper is still #300 naira dear

Third mainland bridge is still very much open to idiot like you... Be fast. Hunger never beat you and your yeye husband finish.. Ole
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by sisisioge: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
It is well...I hope OP has gotten the succor she seeks.

This compulsory holiday is stretchy biko.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2020
U1:

Such a long epistle. I gave up before getting to the end, even though I often write epistles myself. cheesy

While I agree with most or some of the things you touched upon, I just felt like expressing a contrary opinion to the bold.

From what I have seen in my sojourn so far on this earth, I can say there's no complete security on this earth. Even the Bible talks about "time and chance." People who thought they were ready might later have it rough - it has happened to some.

The only thing I will always tell people is that they should control how they sire children. This is a major problem in this country. Some people give birth to children like they are going out of fashion. They forget children are responsibilities and would need to answer for them on the last day.
Thanks for ur great understanding of life
We started well years ago thing turn this way but we have not given up we are pushing forward for things to change
As for number of children I have two children thanks soo much for ur concern

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Needed: Should I Wait For Her? / I Am Sorry / I Am Seriously Thinking About Changing My Slavery Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.