Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? (45789 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by gibsonwales(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
My mum is EXTREMELY STINGY and she doesn't wanna hear you say I need a particular amount, no matter how little the money is. If I don't ask her for anything for a long time, she's damn cool with it. Another thing is, she 'para' unnecessarily. Two of my neighbour said to me 'your mum is wicked' and to be sincere, they were right ! My mum and I are always at loggerheads, because she claims too much control over me and me no deh gree !. I can't wait to quit living under her roof. May God help me !!! My dad is late, he tried his best when he was alive. He was the breadwinner of the family and we were the ones that received his retirement benefits after he died. R.I.P Pa'

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by ajaymina(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
DropsMic:
Forcing their beliefs on me which ultimately pushed me further away from it..

I'm a Godly person but I've never for one day believed in going to church

Oh!, I am not alone!

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Kyase(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
MYHUBBY:
mom is a goal getter but unfortunately end up in the hand of a man that don't have drive & vibes

Momsi carry husband for head hence she can't take her decision.
dad don't have dream, detest hearing anything investment.
he's full of misplace priorities.
most times he abandoned the house responsibility on his wife

not he doesn't provide for the house but not at the detriment of sacrificing 50% of his 100% income and once there is nothing, he locked up and leave everyone to their fate
hey! are we having same pops? aside my dad died a good christian sha

for the period I was with them, it was always painful to fall in his hand. he had friends but abandoned all his good and well to do friends but rather move with church friends who are nothing to write home about

he carry religion for head but never for once behave or act like a Christian

I urge ladies to include this in their search for a husband, he must have dream and vibes for investment. a rich man with no idea of investment is a future poor man

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by dalass(f): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Drince:

My dad is a quiet man, but whenever he talks to me he uses to much instances and comparisons like"i didn't drop my curtains before leaving" the instances would be if i was at work or anywhere, is this how i'll leave my office and other crazy instances..

My mom on the other hand can talk (she dwell on a particular topic for to long) (yoruba calls it atenu moro)and it pisses me off

Pele grin
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by KwaraRat: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
KwaraRat:
The only reason this thread was created and rushed to FP is to subtly discourage Chloroquine as a drug to treat COVID-19.

This is subtle propaganda courtesy of Lai Mohammed.

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by jclave22(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
they have 5 cars, over 10 different landed properties.... but ain't allowed to drive any of the cars non use the lands to start a business....they always claim it's their own, can't wait for then to die so I can sell it all and burn the proceeds to aches.

7 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by trilacos: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Amanee:
My mom makes watching a movie with her, a chore...

The action is going on and she'd be asking impertinent questions, most times I want to tear my hair...

Like, I don't know if the actor died mom, we're both watching the movie!
this is funny but not funny in reality

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by lilyheaven: 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2020

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by lilyheaven: 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
they have 5 cars, over 10 different landed properties.... but ain't allowed to drive any of the cars non use the lands to start a business....they always claim it's their own, can't wait for then to die so I can sell it all and burn the proceeds to aches.
Like seriously, you can't wait for them to die?
That was harsh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by galadima77(m): 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Thing is my dad was an army officer. When he's ready to flog you, he'd send you to his room and follow you then lock the door and remove the keys. Talking 80's....so a few of you get the picture.

5 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

Anytime you see a new completed building just pray in your mind for the owner ( God bless you more,God will provide for you to build more,God will complete the building for you) trust me God will do yours in a miraculous way
I like your spirit..we walk in the same faith. I do exactly this.
My own parents;
Dad: Complains too much and fearful.
Mum: Very hardworking but talks too much and can hold grudges sometimes.

5 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
lastclaire4:

You are cruel.
You won't understand

2 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
dawnomike:
Back then, i had to stay back at home because i had 4 elder sisters in higher institution of which one was in a private university... My dad would still say: " Look at you, your mates are in university already and you are here deceiving yourself". That was a crazy period for me and i fast became temperamental like an angry mother-hen grin
Can't stop laughing at this your comment
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
ibkayee:
My mummy and daddy are perfect
That's a very big lie. Fear God na.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

You have the best parents in the world, they want you to struggle and succeed and be able to say i did it on my own just like your father did and then theirs would be a bonus which would be insignificant at their demise because you are already great. I wish my brother had that mentality now he can barely do anything on his own but is catching up by Gods grace.

Stay blessed in wisdom and grace.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Warmaterial(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
My father died when I was a kid, growing up with my mum was like living in hell... I experienced all type of abuse , assault and neglect. Never pray to be a kid again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Budline1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked Werey leleyi oo
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Wait till u get married and observe how she relates with ur wife, that's a different ball game.
Sermwell:
I love my parents so much from the depths of my heart!! But my dad is a chronic gambler which I hate so much about him. he has been doing this for like over 20yrs now. We have sat him down to talk to him on several occasions but he refused to stop, even when my mum threatened to leave. I send 70k for both of them every month(40k for dad and 30k for mum)since December but my dad squanders his own in less than 2 weeks and be disturbing my mum for money.
Now I just sent them for the month of March but this time around, it is 50k for mum and dad 20k. I will continue reducing his own share and even eventually stop giving him if he continues to gamble.
As for my mum, she's the best woman in the world!(No flatteries). She's peaceful, calm, respectful, beautiful and most of all, lover of God. She's both a good mother to all of us and a good wife to my dad. I have been trying to find fault in my mum but cannot. My mum's kind are very rare. I say this with all sense of honesty!!

abeg give my mum some likes jare!! lol.

3 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Akunwafor:
My parents are easily, I mean very easily influenced by public opinion.

Stranger in a public bus: "ah they said chloroquine cures and prevents coronavirus, I and my family finished one card each last week."

Well my mom has called me over 3 times today alone, telling me to make sure I buy chloroquine and keep enough at home and take every day. I rebuked her and have told her that if she kills herself because of what one stupid stranger told her, I will not shed a tear and that she should throw away all the cards of chloroquine she has already bought.

-My parents do the child comparison thing a-f*kn-lot

Family friend: "ah, my son only did OND and then did two certification courses and now he works in an oil company"

The day my dad's friend told him that, my dad started enforcing me to look for certification courses I'll do so that I'll end up like his friend's son. For 2 years while I was in school, he always used it to hound me to the point I stopped picking his calls and visiting home after a while.

Another friend: "ah, when my son finished school, he did his service and got a job immediately after, if you see the car he's driving now ehn"

The day my dad was told this, I effectively packed my things and left the house because I couldn't take the heat from my parents anymore. I didn't serve quite alright, all I've ever wanted was start and run my own business but my parents told me to my face that I don't know what I want or what is good for myself that people's children are working and driving cars, I'm there saying rubbish.

Well business may have been slow this year due to my dad's health condition and me blowing through my savings cos it, but my business has taken me to 7 countries (sight seeing sha cheesy)

I'll also add that they can't handle the truth (sort of). One time babe in school broke up with me, I was sad. My mum kept asking me what the problem was and eventually I told her that I was sad because a girl I liked hurt me and she just said I was stupid, this and that, like that's what they sent me there to do. Or the time I was duped by those taxi cab 419ers, I never wanted to tell them but somehow I did and boom, I was told I was stupid and senseless and that how would I just give someone money like that. I was a fresher then and that was when I vowed never to tell them things, we just exchange pleasantries and that's all.

There are many others but these have caused us to fight more than anything else.

What's yours?

We share the same parents.....

I dunno why they act like that...
Its annoying and frustrating.....
They don't even a t like they care about your opinion.....
They prefer to dictate and their opinions remain supreme and unquestionable.
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by najib632(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
atikubaba:
My Mum (May Allah forgive her trespasses ) was too nice,this trait I picked from her but it is affecting me so much.
I swear man
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
leathalbeast:
None coz its not easy to be a parent. Sometimes they say or do things that make you angry but in the end you will realize that it was all for the best.

No vex ooh...
But no be so..

That was those days....
Most of us spend the time we should use to become much more successful in repairing ourselves from the damage they did to us......

8 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Dagger79(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
Didn't live with my parents (mother is dead, don't no daddy) but my grandparents, d old pple try for me Sha and are still trying. Grandpa gat no issues but can be annoying when it comes church and prayer matters like he forces me to pray and go to church, while grandma really dealt with me when I was small, she beat me seriously, she can shout and quarrel about one issue for one week, but now she has given up on me and left to do what I want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
NewDelhi:
Parents today compare kids with their peers which is very wrong.. it can be demoralizing and can even initiate suicide.

After I finished school and things were hard, nobody dem no compare me with.. most especially my mother to the extent that sometimes I sit and think of what kind of mother she really is.. oh my friends son now works with Chevron you dey here you never still find your bearing... One of my friends son got a well paying job, got married and drives big Moto you dey here still dey struggle. She even compared me with Yahoo boys claiming they are "hustlers". It got to a stage I was like because of this woman I fit force myself go rob bank one day. Had to vacate the house for them and go look for somewhere else to live. I thank God today, all those years na history now.

As for my dad, that one na chief complainant. Nothing you go do wey fit impress am. He must surely find fault in it. I began to pity his health at a point because no day he no go complain. Petty things he could over look, he must complain. If he tell you make you carry blue pen come, he will still complain why you brought dark blue and not faint blue.. he's a type that will complain why the air he's breathing in ikotun market is not fresh like the one he breathe the last time he went to bar beach. (I'm just trying to give a clearer illustration of his character ) .. that's was how bad he was. Complain complain complain.. I dont even know if he's changed now coz it's been years I visited them at home. We only talk on phone and meet at parties and I send money to them once in a while.

We share the same pain.....
They can't stop comparison......

If we compare them....I don't think they'll stand a chance

2 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Niceguy24: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
kwinp:

you are right. no responsible parents will say something good about an ass-licking beggar like you. may i never have a child who behaves foolishly like you.
Nairalanders and insults are like 5 and 6
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
U just described my unfortunate dad. The guy na serious weakling.
MYHUBBY:
mom is a goal getter but unfortunately end up in the hand of a man that don't have drive & vibes

Momsi carry husband for head hence she can't take her decision.
dad don't have dream, detest hearing anything investment.
he's full of misplace priorities.
most times he abandoned the house responsibility on his wife

not he doesn't provide for the house but not at the detriment of sacrificing 50% of his 100% income and once there is nothing, he locked up and leave everyone to their fate

for the period I was with them, it was always painful to fall in his hand. he had friends but abandoned all his good and well to do friends but rather move with church friends who are nothing to write home about

he carry religion for head but never for once behave or act like a Christian

I urge ladies to include this in their search for a husband, he must have dream and vibes for investment. a rich man with no idea of investment is a future poor man
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by membranus: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:

Haba. I thought you wanted to share business idea. Anyway I will try it. There is one new hotel they just built at the junction. I will go there now, stand by the entrance and say it. They have mopol sha. Hopefully, them no go flog me this hot afternoon

Hahaha!!!

Fear Mopol oooo, mek wrong advice no kill you.
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by abimbola74(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad sad women with their wahala/nagging.They can frustrate and make ur life upside down.Some of their upset talk do somehow propelled u to become useful in life.Imagine,u finished service,no work yet,no family of urs/no nothing.Someone will wake up one fine morning and tell u about Tolu ur neighbors doing MSC/now in UK and then tell u to go do ur own MSC as a getaway/escape from ur misfortune.If u dnt want to suffer such backlash.move away from home.If nah face to face apartment u fit rent,gather money and runz
We are in this together olohun... Shey MSC is d ticket to financial freedom

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by MYHUBBY: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bruno3000:
U just described my unfortunate dad. The guy na serious weakling.

everybody has their weird story bro. I can never allow my girl child to marry a man like my dad

his elder bro wish to send his kids to the highest level of education but his kids were never even feeling ambitious and inspired with it

he truncated my dream to be a professor at 35yrs. the degree I acquired today was all my mom and I struggles. that woman tried for me, I just can't wait to compensate her

6 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by wolebest: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
I thank Almighty God for parents. No matter what, they are parents divinely positioned to guide us on this terrestrial ball called earth. When I look at my parents today I have a rethink of the future how my own children will relate with me when I am old. All you out there pointing fingers you better enjoy the relationship with your parents now. A time will come you will wish you had a parent around to talk to and refer to.

Right now when I remember those things my parent did that pissed me off. I just laugh it out and thank God. I (we all) never contributed a dime to my (our) upbringing whilst under their care. I give them kudos and right now I pray for my parents everyday to have good health and live long. I always tell them the best is still to come.

God bless our parents.

Stay blessed everybody and enjoy your 2weeks COVID-19 holidays...…….

2 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by efemena5050(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bruno3000:
If only we can choose our parents! Ma mum sha better pass that man. Sometimes its best for SOME of ur parents to die young.
ur a black salt and a green winch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Man Wears His Mother's Headgear To Church In Celebration Of Mother's Day (Photo) / Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.