Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? (45787 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Mummyfour(f): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:

Then you let go of the matter. You sef like wahala. Must you bring it up again? Na you dey continue the circle
grin there are somethings that you would need to settle o especially if it has to do with Money. A normal person for the sake of peace will just calm down and reason with you and make peace,but his own is that you must bend to his rules, even if you want to die,he doesn't mind.
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
I'm glad u hv a different spirit. Some guys take after their dads in almost every aspects. All d best in ur future endeavours.
MYHUBBY:

everybody has their weird story bro. I can never allow my girl child to marry a man like my dad

his elder bro wish to send his kids to the highest level of education but his kids were never even feeling ambitious and inspired with it

he truncated my dream to be a professor at 35yrs. the degree I acquired today was all my mom and I struggles. that woman tried for me, I just can't wait to compensate her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Mummymahdi(f): 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Helpful mum but nagging type. With peaceful dad that never forgets his children needs, father that buys everything for an adolescent needs both male and females. God bless my parents

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Mummyfour(f): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
peropoliet:
your papa na gammarian
be grin grin. Bros no be small o. He lived in 7 different countries and was a lecturer for a while in Ghana. You Know how Ghana pronounce their words naah, combined with some head breaking dictionary words,we were in trouble. But Sha it helped me because I made A1 in both English and lit in English grin

7 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by membranus: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
tonididdy:
Don't know much of my dad because I didn't leave with him. His greatest sacrifice was enrolling for WAEC when my sponsors suddenly turned down assisting me.

Mom on the other hand I blame for giving me out to her family to live with but I have never told her this because that didn't determine my future today. Me and mom have a weird relationship, maybe because I did not grow up with her too but over the years we've being together but I won't lie, I don't get that motherly connection. Never benefited anything from her directly. I love her from a distance but once am around her, I am easily irritated few times.

Weird I know... Never ever give your kids out most esp in their tender age to live with friends or family.

A family must stay together in sickness or health. My kids will grow with me until they are ready to move out.

Somehow similar to my own story too.

Dad never love, I developed an "I don't care" attitude.

Mum shipped me to live with relatives from childhood, I became hard involved in every moral turpitudes, except crime.

Nevertheless by God's grace, I still comes out fine to achieve some good successes in life.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Amanda4life: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
My mum is an athlete.
If you do something wrong and run away , she will pursue you with high speed, and she must get you

And she can throw stones well, she doesn't miss her target.

Sometimes, when my mum does something wrong and you report to my father, my father will support her.

Sometimes both of them will join hand and beat the hell out of you.

My father can never scold my mum because of us.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Aladin245:
How did this rubbish make front page?
grin are u not tired of corona virus news?

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
grin this had me laffing hard
Amanda4life:
My mum is an athlete.
If you do something wrong and run away , she will pursue you with high speed, and she must get you

And she can throw stones well, she doesn't miss her target.

Sometimes, when my mum does something wrong and you report to my father, my father will support her.

Sometimes both of them will join hand and beat the hell out of you.

My father can never scold my mum because of us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Amanda4life: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I wish I had PARENTS.

How?

Adopted?
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Kweenpresh: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
Watching movie with my dad is sth my siblings and I do not wish for,,he compares us wit almost all d movie characters especially, wen it got to d kissing/love making part, d way he talks makes it seem as though we are d ones acting it. He was always starts by saying “you see your lives, see the type of movies you’re watching.....” he’d go on and on until we fast forward it. It got so bad dat whenever we’re watching any movie n we c him coming, we quickly switched off d tv

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Amanda4life: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Another character of my dad that was annoying then was that.

As early as 4 AM. This man will start singing praise and worship song. The next thing is to wake us up for morning prayer.

Kai

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Oiza131(f): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
I'll have to give two weeks prior notice before I go out. If not, it's that day she will remember she wants to sleep, she want to wash her clothes, she wants to go to meeting... I miss her plenty shouts too. Lol!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by vivypretty(f): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Akunwafor:
My parents are easily, I mean very easily influenced by public opinion.

Stranger in a public bus: "ah they said chloroquine cures and prevents coronavirus, I and my family finished one card each last week."

Well my mom has called me over 3 times today alone, telling me to make sure I buy chloroquine and keep enough at home and take every day. I rebuked her and have told her that if she kills herself because of what one stupid stranger told her, I will not shed a tear and that she should throw away all the cards of chloroquine she has already bought.

-My parents do the child comparison thing a-f*kn-lot

Family friend: "ah, my son only did OND and then did two certification courses and now he works in an oil company"

The day my dad's friend told him that, my dad started enforcing me to look for certification courses I'll do so that I'll end up like his friend's son. For 2 years while I was in school, he always used it to hound me to the point I stopped picking his calls and visiting home after a while.

Another friend: "ah, when my son finished school, he did his service and got a job immediately after, if you see the car he's driving now ehn"

The day my dad was told this, I effectively packed my things and left the house because I couldn't take the heat from my parents anymore. I didn't serve quite alright, all I've ever wanted was start and run my own business but my parents told me to my face that I don't know what I want or what is good for myself that people's children are working and driving cars, I'm there saying rubbish.

Well business may have been slow this year due to my dad's health condition and me blowing through my savings cos it, but my business has taken me to 7 countries (sight seeing sha cheesy)

I'll also add that they can't handle the truth (sort of). One time babe in school broke up with me, I was sad. My mum kept asking me what the problem was and eventually I told her that I was sad because a girl I liked hurt me and she just said I was stupid, this and that, like that's what they sent me there to do. Or the time I was duped by those taxi cab 419ers, I never wanted to tell them but somehow I did and boom, I was told I was stupid and senseless and that how would I just give someone money like that. I was a fresher then and that was when I vowed never to tell them things, we just exchange pleasantries and that's all.

There are many others but these have caused us to fight more than anything else.

What's yours?
it's like your parents and mine were trained by the same teacher.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bruno3000(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
efemena5050:
ur a black salt and a green winch
not my portion. Now get behind me!
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by esiri4jesu(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:
They did not save money or have properties. Absolutely nothing to inherit. grin
Hope you don't do same
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by GreenDee(f): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
DropsMic:
Forcing their beliefs on me which ultimately pushed me further away from it..

I'm a Godly person but I've never for one day believed in going to church
Same here, mine is kind of worse, that if u complain u will be tagged possessed,mehn sometimes I just crave for freedom.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by holocron: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sermwell:
I love my parents so much from the depths of my heart!! But my dad is a chronic gambler which I hate so much about him. he has been doing this for like over 20yrs now. We have sat him down to talk to him on several occasions but he refused to stop, even when my mum threatened to leave. I send 70k for both of them every month(40k for dad and 30k for mum)since December but my dad squanders his own in less than 2 weeks and be disturbing my mum for money.
Now I just sent them for the month of March but this time around, it is 50k for mum and dad 20k. I will continue reducing his own share and even eventually stop giving him if he continues to gamble.
As for my mum, she's the best woman in the world!(No flatteries). She's peaceful, calm, respectful, beautiful and most of all, lover of God. She's both a good mother to all of us and a good wife to my dad. I have been trying to find fault in my mum but cannot. My mum's kind are very rare. I say this with all sense of honesty!!

abeg give my mum some likes jare!! lol.

I hesitate to bust your bubble, but...be very careful. Try and do a careful and independent investigation of this your dad's alleged money squandering before you conclude. Women are known to be very manipulative-including our dear mothers, unfortunately. For all you know the facts of the matter may be a complete reversal. Because women are loathe to give money to their husbands, whereas it is instinctive for a man to give to his wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by mixratio(m): 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=Sermwell post=87920176]I love my parents so much from the depths of my heart!! But my dad is a chronic gambler which I hate so much about him. he has been doing this for like over 20yrs now. We have sat him down to talk to him on several occasions but he refused to stop, even when my mum threatened to leave. I send 70k for both of them every month(40k for dad and 30k for mum)since December but my dad squanders his own in less than 2 weeks and be disturbing my mum for money.
Now I just sent them for the month of March but this time around, it is 50k for mum and dad 20k. I will continue reducing his own share and even eventually stop giving him if he continues to gamble.
As for my mum, she's the best woman in the world!(No flatteries). She's peaceful, calm, respectful, beautiful and most of all, lover of God. She's both a good mother to all of us and a good wife to my dad. I have been trying to find fault in my mum but cannot. My mum's kind are very rare. I say this with all sense of honesty!!

abeg give my mum some likes jare!! lol.[/quote

My prayer every day is for a wife with characters like your mum,.
My life go just set wella

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by DropsMic(m): 3:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
GreenDee:
Same here, mine is kind of worse, that if u complain u will be tagged possessed,mehn sometimes I just crave for freedom.

How did you fight back?
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by LarryBee1k: 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Roon9(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Romanoff:
My mum is not prudent with money.

I bet muy mom is worse than yours in this regards. Once my mom receives salary she withdraws every damn penny and finishes all in less than a week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by GreenDee(f): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
DropsMic:

How did you fight back?
Sometimes, I just keep quiet, and imagine nice things, like how my life will be when I am on my own, because arguing with them is just a waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by GreenDee(f): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

Thanks man. No worry you go build your own. Should I give you a tip in achieving that
yes,give me
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by paul100(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
they have 5 cars, over 10 different landed properties.... but ain't allowed to drive any of the cars non use the lands to start a business....they always claim it's their own, can't wait for then to die so I can sell it all and burn the proceeds to aches.
Bro,it is their property not yours.Na your type dey kill brother or sister for land.

5 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by FREEMADNESS: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
ibkayee:
My mummy and daddy are perfect

they can't b perfect. definitely there's 1 annoying tin they do to u every now and then. dat doesn't mean u hate dem sis.

love my parent wit all my heart. my mum is my super woman.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Samuels90: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mummyfour:
My father will use too much shout and grammar to shut you up, especially when he knows you are telling the truth. He will also make reference to all the mistakes you made in the past to cow you. Then after a while,he will call you up and pretend that such a thing never happened. When you try to tell him about your feeling of what transpired the last time,he will start the shouting and grammar again and the circle continues for years on one matter.
grin That's how most African parents behave. You can't be right, even tho u are right.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by ibkayee(f): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
FREEMADNESS:

they can't b perfect.
definitely there's 1 annoying tin they do to u every now and then.
dat doesn't mean u hate dem sis.

love my parent wit all my heart.
my mum is my super woman.
Of course, I was joking smiley

Dad - Makes assumptions a lot
Mum - Not always self aware of how her blunt nature can offend people

Still love them

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by vickydankal(f): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bruno3000:
If only we can choose our parents! Ma mum sha better pass that man. Sometimes its best for SOME of ur parents to die young.

Oga are you ok?
Take an easy nah
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by DropsMic(m): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
GreenDee:
Sometimes, I just keep quiet, and imagine nice things, like how my life will be when I am on my own, because arguing with them is just a waste of time.

Back then, whenever they pressured me i don't complain, what i did was follow them to church sit directly in front or behind them then press my phone all through the service cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by michealoluwaseyi(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
Humanoid01:

Sometimes I get so rude, but she doesn't even get offended
by that. That makes me feel bad, so I just try to "make up"
for the rude gestures by acting extra nice, but that fades off
again after a short time hahahaha!
ah as in u are stylishly refering to me,i feel so bad anytime am rude to my mum,my dad is late,and i try to make it up to her.i swear my mum will forever be no 1 in my heart,even my future wife will hve to take second spot lol

2 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by FREEMADNESS: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sermwell:
I love my parents so much from the depths of my heart!! But my dad is a chronic gambler which I hate so much about him. he has been doing this for like over 20yrs now. We have sat him down to talk to him on several occasions but he refused to stop, even when my mum threatened to leave. I send 70k for both of them every month(40k for dad and 30k for mum)since December but my dad squanders his own in less than 2 weeks and be disturbing my mum for money.

abeg give my mum some likes jare!! lol.

good women always ends up wit a very useless man, one way or d oda "no offence". its also rare to see Mr nice guy marry Mrs nice Lady. one must get touch (isi ngbaka).

love my parent tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Stillthebest: 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
kiss
And most of you(commenters) will have the same traits.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Man Wears His Mother's Headgear To Church In Celebration Of Mother's Day (Photo) / Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.