Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (39970 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

What did you just say about feeling abdominal pains from last night, so gregyboy still went ahead and carried out his plans, here I am thinking he was only joking.

eeyah...

You obviously can't connect words ... I see the oftrepeated Benin fear for reading.

Having already mentionied too much Jokes in relation to Abdominal Pains, you still demanded clarifications and spoonfeeding to know that Jokes induce Laughter which, if too much, causes abdominal pains?? ?? shocked shocked

Wow!! I'm gradually loosing hope on "Binihumanity".

Anyways, the spoonfeeding is now ready. Go and see one more time (hopefully for the last time). grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Waiting for Metaphysical great and brilliant work according to Babaramota.

You had to go on repitition spree having debunked your reasoning. Lol.

Anyways, what happened to your 18 summary points! :- cry cry cry
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

eeyah...

You obviously can't connect words ... I see the oftrepeated Benin fear for reading.

Having already mentionied too much Jokes in relation to Abdominal Pains, you still demanded clarifications and spoonfeeding to know that Jokes induce Laughter which, if too much, causes abdominal pains?? ?? shocked shocked

Wow!! I'm gradually oosing hope on "Binihumanity".

Anyways, the spoonfeeding is now ready. Go and see on more time (hopefully for the last time). grin grin grin

You can now get it that the joke in on you for not realising the joke in my joke.

On a more honest note and jokes apart, I really need to see Metaphysical work Babaramota so praised.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Thank God you admitted my first 2 points by keeping shut and quiet on them in this reply of yours.

In other words, you admitted to have lied earlier on about your Benin kingdom having earlier historical writtings that the Yorubas.

Anyways, the 3rd one (about artwork) that you didn't concede here because of shame, you have already conceded it elsewhere that Ife artworks were at least 300 years earlier than the Binis.

I flogged you on that thread with facts until you ran for dear life. I am attaching the link to this comment her now.

Another shame loading for Benin Kingdom. grin cheesy

I will stop flogging them, ONLY if they stop lying; but it's looking like I won't stop flogging them anytime soon.

Modified:

Below is the link where I flogged you almost to death (till you managed to run away).

I demonstrated (while you adtimitted by running away) with results of thermoluminiscence dating that some of the earliest known Ife artworks date to the year c.1060.

While the earliest known that Benin can and has ever produced (which you also produced) was dated by the same thermoluminiscence dating to somewhere in the 1300s.

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/5#81635807

grin grin grin

I just disgraced you again as always.

A Quick and Simple Advice for the Binis:

If you kNOW that what you are typing is a lie (or you're not sure), just stop!

Because if you continue, and the comment gets to the public here, be sure that TAO11 will disgrace you.

Peace. cheesy

cc: nisai MetaPhysical

Lets see the ife artwork that date 1060....
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Lets see the ife artwork that date 1060....[/s]

Hahaha: see another cop-out.

So that the picture can continously scream I am 1060 ... I am 1060 ... I am 1060 ?? ?? cheesy grin cheesy

He initially claimed no such dating of an Ife art work exist.

But as soon as the link (to the thread where the journal was attached) was provided.

The music changed to ... oya let me see the picture of the artwork.

Anyways, if an academic peer-reviewed journal article published in The Journal of African History publishes the dating of some Ife artefact going back to the year c.1060 we know it's so.

We sane and stable people don't have any reason to trust gregyboy and forsake scholars. grin cheesy

And we don't wait for pictures to talk. grin That sounds to me like some imagination of fiction. cheesy

See reference one more time to the journal article that published the result:

D. Calvocoressi & Nicholas David: "A New Survey of Radiocarbon and Thermoluminescence Dates for West Africa", The Journal of African History, Vol. 20, No. 1 (1979), p. 18.

See also link to the specific comment where you were flogged and where I attached the relevant page of the journal article:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/5#81612380
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Poor Babaramota, he didn't know that TAO11 has since droved Metaphysical away from this thread days ago.

The reasons Metaphysical would not dear share such history here are.

1. TAO11 warned him not to do so because such will spoil the Yorubas fabricated argument.

TAO11 even force Metaphysical to retract when he made the mistake of contradicting TAO11 on her Orun Oba Ado fallacy calling it stupid and referring to those that believe the crap to be stupid.

TAO11 gave him the matching order and asked him to leave the thread, which he did like a coward.

The only time you see him on his thread now is mostly to support whatever TAO11 says, he dears not come up with his own arguments the way you have just told us Oduduwa was from Mecca.

Unfortunately, the so called brilliant work you said he wrote is now going to die a natural death because TAO11 forbids him from sharing it to a public thread such as this.

It's only the Yorubas that will be sharing the work amongst themselves because it can't be backed up and defended with credible evidence.

2. If Metaphysical share that work, the Benin people around here will just walk all over it, pointing out all the contradictions, lies, illogical logics and baseless claims in it.

3. Unlike Babaramota that sees the work as brilliant, the Benin guys are way too smart to be fooled.

If you think I am lying, I challenged Metaphysical to share such work here.

If Metaphysical is not destroyed by TAO11, he will be destroyed by the Benins and even you Babaramota wouldn't be able to save him.

3. TAO11 believes her version of Yoruba history is the authentic and wouldn't entertain any other version from anyone else, certainly not from her small boy Metaphysical.

So Babaramota, you are on your own on this request.

If you think I am lying or joking, let him share it.

Lol.. u just killed 3 Yoruba birds with one stone
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

You can now get it that the joke in on you for not realising the joke in my joke.

On a more honest note and jokes apart, I really need to see Metaphysical work Babaramota so praised.

Why are you all trying to steal my lines -- either by direct lifting as gregyboy was caught red-handed doing yesterday, or by 'garnishing' it slightly? ? ? ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? I am crying!!!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Why are you all trying to steal my lines -- either by direct lifting as gregyboy was caught red-handed doing yesterday, or by 'garnishing' it slightly? ? ? ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? I am crying!!!!! cry cry cry cry

Without even knowing it, you are terribly in love with Benin.

When the Benins revealed that they were exploring Benin relationship with the Niger Benue confluence area, you immediately reminded them that Ife used to be in that area, you even stated that there is a town there called Ife.

You unwittingly claimed that the Yorubas came from the same area.

I said wow, this babe is ready to move her almighty Ife in Osun state to Kogi state in other to show that the Ife the Benin are looking for was in Kogi. She is out to claim Benin for Ife by fire by force.

You can only see the pain in Babaramota's reply when he read that the Benin are questioning the Benin/Ife relationship.

Metaphysical hasn't been himself since and TAO11 is ready to move her Ife to anywhere the Benin looks.

The Yoruba love and obsession with Benin is something else.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

When the Benins revealed that they were exploring Benin relationship with the Niger Benue confluence area, you immediately reminded them that Ife used to be in that area, you even stated that there is a town there called Ife.

Nope! Another lie.

I never told that to any Benin who was trying to live in Ryder (1965)'s past which has been trashed by scholars.

Rather, I was in fact telling that to my Yoruba brother who tried to bring it up, that he needn't go that far.

And that was the first and only time I alluded to it despite knowing it as a fact.

I challenge you to point out where I had any such discussion with a Benin. Lair

And the point was not that the Yoruba people descended from the Igala people (to correct your deliberate twisting), No! --- It's the other other way round. grin cheesy

Guys wait oo, wait oo ... Is what I'm asking for too much that you all should stop lying?? Is it too much to ask from Binis?? ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

I said wow, this babe is ready to move her almighty Ife in Osun state to Kogi state in other to show that the Ife the Benin are looking for was in Kogi. She is out to claim Benin for Ife by fire by force.

You can only see the pain in Babaramota's reply when he read that the Benin are questioning the Benin/Ife relationship.

Metaphysical hasn't been himself since and TAO11 is ready to move her Ife to anywhere the Benin looks.

My broda their obsession is out of this world. It’s driving them crazy. Yoruba cannot tell their history without mentioning Benin. Any Yoruba stories must always include Benin.
Their attempts to attach themselves to greatness has driven them mad.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]My broda their obsession is out of this world. It’s driving them crazy. Yoruba cannot tell their history without mentioning Benin. Any Yoruba stories must always include Benin.
Their attempts to attach themselves to greatness has driven them mad.[/s]

Your "broda" is a LIAR. cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained/30#88399951
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
davidnazee:

My broda their obsession is out of this world. It’s driving them crazy. Yoruba cannot tell their history without mentioning Benin. Any Yoruba stories must always include Benin.
Their attempts to attach themselves to greatness has driven them mad.

Come to think of it, how would they be able to tell their history without Benin and afford not fighting themselves or reigniting old animosities.

Benin is the way they prevent themselves from retelling the history of how they used to kill themselves.

Take Benin out of their history, you begin to hear how

1. Modakeke once sacked their almighty Ife.

2. How Ibadan conquered and enslaved follow Yorubas and sold them to the white man.

3. How Oyo once sacrificed other Yorubas to their gods.

4. Fights over disjointed versions of their history.

So they desperately need Benin to avoid retelling these tales.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

I swear
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Come to think of it how would they be able to tell their history without Benin and afford fighting themselves or reigniting old animosities.

Benin is the way they prevent themselves from retelling the history of how they used to kill themselves.

Take Benin out of their history, you begin to hear how

1. Modakeke once sacked their almighty Ife.

2. How Ibadan conquered and enslaved follow Yorubas and sold them to the white man.

3. How Oyo once sacrificed other Yorubas to their gods.

4. Fights over disjointed versions of their history.

So they desperately need Benin to avoid retelling these tales.

gregyboy:

I swear

In their joint work, viz. "Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?", Paula Ben-Amos Girshick and John Thornton writes:

"Towards the end of the seventeenth century, a number of European observers noted that the Edo Kingdom of Benin had been racked for some years by civi war. One of the longest accounts, that of David van Nyendael, reported that as a result of this civil war, Benin City had been sacked and in his day ("1699 -1701" ) was reduced to a 'mere village'. Apparently beginning shortly before 1690, the civil war stretched on well into the eighteenth century."

Paula Ben-Amos Girshick and John Thornton, "Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?", Journal of African History, 42 (2001), pp.353-354.

grin grin grin

cc: nisai MetaPhysical

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

In their joint work, viz. "Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?", Paula Ben-Amos Girshick and John Thornton writes:

"Towards the end of the seventeenth century, a number of European observers noted that the Edo Kingdom of Benin had been racked for some years by civi war. One of the longest accounts, that of David van Nyendael, reported that as a result of this civil war, Benin City had been sacked and in his day ("1699 -1701" ) was reduced to a 'mere village'. Apparently beginning shortly before 1690, the civil war stretched on well into the eighteenth century."

Paula Ben-Amos Girshick and John Thornton, "Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?", Journal of African History, 42 (2001), pp.353-354.

grin grin grin

You are only confirming your obsession with Benin to hide your own civil wars including the wars other brought to you.

Yoruba and their Fulani conquerors would be an interesting history.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

You are only confirming your obsession with Benin to hide your own civil wars including the wars other brought to you.

Yoruba and their Fulani conquerors would be an interesting history.

We never denied internal conflict. Even the Fulani fight was internal between a Yoruba army that aligned himself with them to help fight his own people.

The fact that you often bring Yoruba internal crisis may give everyone the impression that Benin did not have civil war.

Yes Benin did have civil war. A civil war that was so bad that Benin was reduced to a mere village. grin grin grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

We never denied internal conflict. Even the Fulani fight was internal between a Yoruba army that aligned himself with them to help fight his own people.

The fact that you often bring Yoruba internal crisis may give everyone the impression that Benin did not have civil war.

Yes Benin did have civil war. A civil war that was so bad that Benin was reduced to a mere village. grin grin grin

grin cheesy grin

Do you mean how you lost Ilori to your Fulani rulers/conquerors.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Do you mean how you lost Ilorin to your Fulani rulers.

Read again and tell me what part of that you didn't understand to be internal-crisis induced.

Anyways, talking about internal crisis. See below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Do you mean how you lost Ilori to your Fulani rulers/conquerors.

Read again and tell me what part of that you didn't understand to be internal-crisis induced.

Paula Ben-Amos Girshick and John Thornton, "Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?", Journal of African History, 42 (2001), pp.353-354

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

So the Fulani that conquered and continue to rule your ilorin were internal Yoruba people.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

So the Fulani that conquered your ilorin were internal Yoruba people.

To the extent that they fought for a Yoruba Army, under a Yoruba commander; YES!

Talking about internal crisis:

Is it true that the gReAt BeNiN kInGdOm was reduced to a MERE VILLAGE ?? ??

Please say NO. shocked embarassed cry

grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

To the extent that they fought for a Yoruba Army, under a Yoruba commander; YES!

Talking about internal crisis:

Please say NO. shocked embarassed cry

grin cheesy cheesy

Now, that you have admitted that your Fulani conquerors and rulers of ilorin were Yoruba initially, hope you will not deny it in the future when I quote you.

Unless you can explain how common mercenaries who fought under Yorubas became the ruling elites.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

Now, that you have admitted that your Fulani conquerors and rulers of ilorin were Yoruba initially, hope you will not deny it in the future when I quote you.

Unless you can explain how common mercenaries who fought under Yorubas became the ruling elites.

If you will not twist, not lie, and not take my statement out if its intended context (as you you've already done here for bigotry purposes), then why not. grin grin ??

While I've been addressing all your contentions in full, there is one simple question that you've been consistently avoiding oo. See below: grin

Please say No. cry Don't disappoint gReAt BeNiN kInGdOm. grin grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

Hahaha: see another cop-out.

So that the picture can continously scream I am 1060 ... I am 1060 ... I am 1060 ?? ?? cheesy grin cheesy

He initially claimed no such dating of an Ife art work exist.

But as soon as the link (to the thread where the journal was attached) was provided.

The music changed to ... oya let me see the picture of the artwork.

Anyways, if an academic peer-reviewed journal article published in The Journal of African History publishes the dating of some Ife artefact going back to the year c.1060 we know it's so.

We sane and stable people don't have any reason to trust gregyboy and forsake scholars. grin cheesy

And we don't wait for pictures to talk. grin That sounds to me like some imagination of fiction. cheesy

See reference one more time to the journal article that published the result:

D. Calvocoressi & Nicholas David: "A New Survey of Radiocarbon and Thermoluminescence Dates for West Africa", The Journal of African History, Vol. 20, No. 1 (1979), p. 18.

See also link to the specific comment where you were flogged and where I attached the relevant page of the journal article:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/5#81612380

Nice article now were is the image of the 1060 artwork seriously i need to see it, atleast its an artwork it must have an image

We cant just believe it because it is coming from a foreigner that would be inferiority complex on our part

I can bring mine dating from 14c
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

If you will not twist, not lie, and not take my statement out if its intended context (as you you've already done here for bigotry purposes), then why not. grin grin ??

While I've been addressing all your contentions in full, there is one simple question that you've been consistently avoiding oo. See below: grin

So it's settled then. According to you, the Fulani ruling elites of Ilorin were initially Yorubas.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

So it's settled then. According to you, the Fulani ruling elites of Ilorin were initially Yorubas.

So there were Fulani Yorubas.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Nice article now were is the image of the 1060 artwork seriously i need to see it, atleast its an artwork it must have an image

We cant just believe it because it is coming from a foreigner that would be inferiority complex on our part

I can bring mine dating from 14c

This dummy is here admitting, on one side of his mouth, that the academic article truly published the dating of an Ife artifact to be from c.1060.

Yet on the other side of his mouth, he his seriously begging to print a picture copy of the admittedly dated artefact.

Hello young man! You need the picture to masturbate with it?? grin grin

It depicts a man (and not a woman) oo ... in case you're imagining too much.

cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

So there were Fulani Yorubas.

If you will not twist, not lie, and not take my statement out if its intended context (as you you've already done here for bigotry purposes), then why not.   ??

While I've been addressing all your contentions in full, there is one simple question that you've been consistently avoiding oo. See below: 

Please say No.  Don't disappoint gReAt BeNiN kInGdOm.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
samuk:

If you will not twist, not lie, and not take my statement out if its intended context (as you you've already done here for bigotry purposes), then why not.   ??

While I've been addressing all your contentions in full, there is one simple question that you've been consistently avoiding oo. See below: 

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
TAO11:

No Great Benin wasn’t reduced to your shallow and foolish interpretation of “mere village”..
Scholars and historians agree that Benin only declined towards the end of 19th century due to British activities in the area.

The civil wars only resulted in a temporary setback and loss of territories for Benin but it quickly recovered from it after the wars and regained its territories and dominance over your Yoruba ancestors till towards the end of the 19th century..

Go and read it, it’s in the archives.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (52) (Reply)

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Ooni Ogunwusi Appears For Festival After Going Into Spiritual Seclusion / Son Of Emir Of Daura, Farouk Umar And His Aide (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.