Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26502 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
ola olabiy:

Why are you arguing with them? Let them continue to lament. We are incaple of managing ourselves. And our resources.
Develop brains? In Nigeria? A country that denies its best brains uni admission because 'they don't know people'? A country where everybody loots with reckless abadon.
Refine crude oil? Do we know our to make nails not to talk of exploration of oil. Yet, we are all engineer this, engineer that.
Yeye

I say tip of the iceberg.
grin  grin  grin oh yeah our country needs a revamp from the ground up. revamp of mindset, revamp of leadership, revamp of priorities, revamp of education. not an easy feat but extremely do-able. until then, we shall continue importing nails from china  grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2011
ola olabiy:

They say "Arabs are cheating us, Indians too. The US is enslaving us. What about the Brits and the French. Ahh . . . . ahh, the Chinese are pillaging us. They are not here for altruistic reasons".

Always full of conspiracy theories. The fact that we are incapable of managing ourselves is noticeable.

Let's change our mentality and value system. Even if this approach negates our culture. And, tell your dads and uncles to STOP looting the country.
totally agree with you.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
spyder880:

@ buzugee, you are very correct. Nigerians are'nt even trying to give the indians a fight. All we know is to sit around and complain, setting up boring businesses that will only make the customers yawn. All we know is to ask for govt patronage for every small discovery we make. A Nigerian once developed a prototype of a car, all he did was to harass the govts through the media to give him a grant to start producing. It dint occur to him he could source for capital from fellow investors and other business men who has something to gain from the venture. Needless to say the idea died with the man.
We are too unfocused o think of serious business, the indians will continue to rule our business fields. Our diasporans are dreaming if they think they should walk into jobs here because their surnames are Nigerian.
Look at our exchange, only foreign companies are stable, other Nigerian companies listed there are too unseriousfor any comparison.
totally agree with you. 'instant gratification' is the bane of our existence in nigeria. we are incapable of looking past our own generation. pioneers look further  down (antegrade flow) the 'invisible' family tree and work towards building for the future generations. nigerians look towards building for their immediate pockets and hence do not put in the time and effort it requires to put down firm roots.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2011
tensor777:

100% correct but there is no need to join issues with the likes of Debosky and Frosbel who are quite incapable of seeing issues beyond their warped racist or sectarian prism.
In the grand scheme of things Nigeria has no choice really but to welcome investment by the Chinese the Lebanese and the Indians.
my main man tensor777, where you been hiding dude ? not seen your break light in a hot minute. oh yeah those vatos are suffering from an acute case of 'myopia' and 'possessiveness' grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cap28: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
lonewolf aka hannibal have you run away? i thought you were supposed to make me throw away my internet connection after a few choice words from you, what happened? have you lost your touch?

lonewolf - a few home truths,  never mess with people with more intelligence than yourself, here is my analysis of toi-

low intellectual ability - check

exaggerated delusions of grandeur - check

arrested development at primary stages of intellectual development - check

acute feelings of despair/ regret  - check

acute sexual frustration - check

acute lack of self awareness - check

debilitating low self esteem - check

narcississtic profile bordering on sociopathic tendencies - check

Bro i normally charge £150 an hour for this service but you're getting a free consultation as my altruism got the better of me- happy new year and all the best!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
cap28:

lonewolf aka hannibal have you run away? i thought you were supposed to make me throw away my internet connection after a few choice words from you, what happened? have you lost your touch?

lonewolf - a few home truths,  never mess with people with more intelligence than yourself, here is my analysis of toi-

low intellectual ability - check

exaggerated delusions of grandeur - check

arrested development at primary stages of intellectual development - check

acute feelings of despair/ regret  - check

acute sexual frustration - check

acute lack of self awareness - check

debilitating low self esteem - check

narcississtic profile bordering on sociopathic tendencies - check

Bro i normally charge £150 an hour for this service but you're getting a free consultation as my altruism got the better of me- happy new year and all the best!!
grin grin grin oh lawdddddddddd
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
grin grin
tensor777:

100% correct but there is no need to join issues with the likes of Debosky and Frosbel who are quite incapable of seeing issues beyond their warped racist or sectarian prism.
In the grand scheme of things Nigeria has no choice really but to welcome investment by the Chinese the Lebanese and the Indians.

I've been called many things, but never racist or sectarian. I'll attribute this comment to the after effects of excessive new year indulgence.

I have never been against foreign investment, what I am against is foreign dominance as a result of undue advantages given to outsiders by a weak and incompetent government.

Even Angola and even Ghana with its young oil industry has the balls to dictate terms to the foreign oil companies to benefit their own citizens while we continue to dance like idiots to their tune.

buzugee:

you are exhibiting 'possessiveness' again. 'no self respecting nation will let itself be reliant on foreign labor and technology' ? this is what you said ? how do you think the USA continues to be the best country in the world ? they poach for foreign talent. in america today, most of the technical and high powered jobs are done by foreigners who are poached from other countries. go into any tech outfit in america, its filled with indians and chinese with a few sprinkled africans.

Who controls those tech outfits? Is it controlled by foreigners or Americans? I am talking about ultimate control and benefit here - the US recruit foreigners and eventually convert them into US citizens, further enriching their country. They don't allow outsiders to simply profiteer and repatriate profits elsewhere.

thats how you get to be the best. the american workers are mostly in govt work and retail. nationalism stifles growth. if i remember correctly, when nigeria was a fiercely nationalistic country the place was an incompetent and unbearable place to live. when nepa strikes, all we had was lantern and candles. and the rich amongst us had those giant sized generators the size of houses. then we brought in all the chinese talent and now you have inverters, tiny generators, sophisticated lamps, and all kinds of stuff that we never had before that makes life easier. bruv ? you get to be the best by inviting the best from the world.

NEPA's failure wasn't due to incompetence but due to a lack of investment and maintenance by the government. That is not nationalism, that is a failure of the state. Unless you're saying bring in foreigners to run the government as well, this line of reasoning falls flat.

Foreign investment without due diligence to transfer technology/competence will not bring the full benefit to the host nation. The FG is seeking to sell off power plants built with Nigerian money back to the Chinese who built them - why? Because the incompetents who awarded the contracts allowed all the operating manuals to remain in Mandarin, rendering the plants virtually unserviceable.

Call it what you like - nationalism, possessiveness, etc. Without placing the interests of Nigeria first and foremost, you'll continue to have parasitic foreign entities bent on taking what they can out of Nigeria and leaving a mess behind.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olaolabiy: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^^Ok Debosky, we allow this. Why blame foreigners? Why not put in place adequate state mechanisms to prevent this. Stop this blame game of foreigners.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
Re-read my posts - I have said Nigeria as a country must make up its mind to reverse the trends and decide what path it wants for itself - I have given the examples of Angola doing things on its own terms - that is the kind of decision making and determination we need.

We need to deal with the weak and incompetent governments - that is not blaming any foreigners - they only get away with what they are allowed to get away with.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olaolabiy: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^^Exactly. Thank you.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
debosky:

grin grin
I've been called many things, but never racist or sectarian. I'll attribute this comment to the after effects of excessive new year indulgence.

I have never been against foreign investment, what I am against is foreign dominance as a result of undue advantages given to outsiders by a weak and incompetent government.

Even Angola and even Ghana with its young oil industry has the balls to dictate terms to the foreign oil companies to benefit their own citizens while we continue to dance like idiots to their tune.

Who controls those tech outfits? Is it controlled by foreigners or Americans? I am talking about ultimate control and benefit here - the US recruit foreigners and eventually convert them into US citizens, further enriching their country. They don't allow outsiders to simply profiteer and repatriate profits elsewhere.

NEPA's failure wasn't due to incompetence but due to a lack of investment and maintenance by the government. That is not nationalism, that is a failure of the state. Unless you're saying bring in foreigners to run the government as well, this line of reasoning falls flat.

Foreign investment without due diligence to transfer technology/competence will not bring the full benefit to the host nation. The FG is seeking to sell off power plants built with Nigerian money back to the Chinese who built them - why? Because the incompetents who awarded the contracts allowed all the operating manuals to remain in Mandarin, rendering the plants virtually unserviceable.

Call it what you like - nationalism, possessiveness, etc. Without placing the interests of Nigeria first and foremost, you'll continue to have parasitic foreign entities bent on taking what they can out of Nigeria and leaving a mess behind.
absolute bollocks. all you need to know is that those foreign companys pay 50 percent tax to the govt. does it matter who is running it ? and those foreign companys employ the locals.
i think you need to do a research on whats happening around the world. the easiest and most cost-effective way to run a country is to put all the major depts in charge of foreign investors, let them do all the hardwork and maximize their profits, employ your locals and pay you 50 percent tax. every country in the world is doing it now. chicago just sold all the control of its parking meters and other huge depts to foreign investors. now they dont have to worry about nothing but collecting 'kachinggggggggggggg'. britain just sold gatwick to foreign investors, now all they gotta do is sit down and collect free money. this is how business is done in the new world order chief. get with the times. you outsource the hardwork and then sit down and collect the proceeds. america and britain have sold a huge chunk of their country to foreigners. but so long as they are getting the taxes, its good business.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2011
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by netotse(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
buzugee:

absolute bollocks. all you need to know is that those foreign companys pay 50 percent tax to the govt. does it matter who is running it ? and those foreign companys employ the locals.
i think you need to do a research on whats happening around the world. the easiest and most cost-effective way to run a country is to put all the major depts in charge of foreign investors, let them do all the hardwork and maximize their profits, employ your locals and pay you 50 percent tax. every country in the world is doing it now. chicago just sold all the control of its parking meters and other huge depts to foreign investors. now they dont have to worry about nothing but collecting 'kachinggggggggggggg'. britain just sold gatwick to foreign investors, now all they gotta do is sit down and collect free money. this is how business is done in the new world order chief. get with the times. you outsource the hardwork and then sit down and collect the proceeds. america and britain have sold a huge chunk of their country to foreigners. but so long as they are getting the taxes, its good business.
like MTN does in nigeria abi? it's like you dont have any idea of the amount of capital that leaves nigeria monthly. MTN used nigeria's money to expand across the entire continent, infact, it got so bad that when vodacom realised it was nigeria that was causing it, they tried to get into the nigerian market. . .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2011
netotse:

like MTN does in nigeria abi? it's like you dont have any idea of the amount of capital that leaves nigeria monthly. MTN used nigeria's money to expand across the entire continent, infact, it got so bad that when vodacom realised it was nigeria that was causing it, they tried to get into the nigerian market. . .
do you know how much money comes into nigeria from the millions of nigerians working abroad ? its a global village baby. get with the times. money goes out from one source but comes in from another. thats the way of the world. anyway i am done with this topic. was nice keeping it real with yall
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by maxani: 10:13am On Jan 03, 2011
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!

1. Are you  are ruthless?, desperate and greedy?
2. Good at lying and have no regard for democracy, good leadership and simple honesty

Pick up a form to become a politician. ( p.s: passion to stay in office for life may be an added advantage).

2M a month? are you kidding me?!
some guys bag up to 10M or 15M a month. Recruitment is on at the moment. Guess what? academic qualification does not matter for this job!

Pls, come back "home" if you want but don't make that 2M dream job the reason to do so. Let it be because you wanna help build the nation and be closer to your family or friends. Lots of opportunities exist to start something new and unique in the country.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2011
maxani:

VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!

1. Are you  are ruthless?, desperate and greedy?
2. Good at lying and have no regard for democracy, good leadership and simple honesty

Pick up a form to become a politician. ( p.s: passion to stay in office for life may be an added advantage).

2M a month? are you kidding me?!
some guys bag up to 10M or 15M a month. Recruitment is on at the moment. Guess what? academic qualification does not matter for this job!

Pls, come back "home" if you want but don't make that 2M dream job the reason to do so. Let it be because you wanna help build the nation and be closer to your family or friends. Lots of opportunities exist to start something new and unique in the country.

lol, lol. grin grin grin grin grin

You and who go join politics, God forbid !!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lastpage: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2011
While l hold no grudge against the "poster" for wanting a #2million/month job in Nigeria (i think its his right and choice), a few things struck me, from the contribution of others!

While every attempt has been made to suggest to the poster that by virtue of his education, wealth of experience and exposure, HE SHOULD COME HOME AND BE AN EMPLOYER OF LABOR rather than be looking for another person/firm that has taken the risk and struck it big in Nigeria, the poster is obviously so focused on being an "employee", an expensive one at that! shocked shocked

This brings me down to the mentality of the average Nigerian: WE HATE RISK BUT WE LOVE MONEY, BIG AND CHEAP!
Not many people earn 8Grand/month in the U.K, despite the relatively higher cost of living in the U.K (about half of that will definitely go on taxes, mortgage and utilities) not to mention earning it in a "cheaper" Nigeria. They are the exception, not the norm.

A few years ago, everyone was castigating the Chineese,Japan and "Taiwan" was an acronym for "substandard an fake" goods.

Today, they are the 2nd and 3rd biggest economies in the world!
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING OURSELVES IS: HOW DID THEY DO THAT?

And dont let us once again hide under the excuse of blaming government! "WE" are the government because those "micro decisions" each individual Nigerian makes (home and abroad) is what dictates the future of this country and that is governance!

The answer to the "big question" is very small indeed: MANUFACTURE!, MANUFACTURE!!, MANUFACTURE!!!

China manufactures about every and anything!

They did not get it right the first day but persistently stuck to that ideology: BE AN EMPLOYER, CREATE EMPLOYMENT!!

This is where Nigeria's development will continue to be stunted until we have a change of mentality, especially those of us that have "seen how its done" outside. We are a nation of "spend-spend, buy-buy, consume and consume"!
In a country where "manufacturing and industrial estate warehouses" suddenly begin to get converted to Churches, at an alarming rate, then you know that economic collapse is just a question of "how quickly"

I wish the poster and other capable people like him would have a re-think: You "choice" is crucial to the survival of this country!
It takes one man to start a revolution but it takes a whole generation to fulfill it.

We must revive our sense of Nationalism and downplay our "personal interest".
Well, maybe thats why we are Nigerians grin
Just thinking about how we got here.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2011
lastpage:

While l hold no grudge against the "poster" for wanting a #2million/month job in Nigeria (i think its his right and choice), a few things struck me, from the contribution of others!

While every attempt has been made to suggest to the poster that by virtue of his education, wealth of experience and exposure, HE SHOULD COME HOME AND BE AN EMPLOYER OF LABOR rather than be looking for another person/firm that has taken the risk and struck it big in Nigeria, the poster is obviously so focused on being an "employee", an expensive one at that! shocked shocked

This brings me down to the mentality of the average Nigerian: WE HATE RISK BUT WE LOVE MONEY, BIG AND CHEAP!
Not many people earn 8Grand/month in the U.K, despite the relatively higher cost of living in the U.K (about half of that will definitely go on taxes, mortgage and utilities) not to mention earning it in a "cheaper" Nigeria. They are the exception, not the norm.

A few years ago, everyone was castigating the Chineese,Japan and "Taiwan" was an acronym for "substandard an fake" goods.

Today, they are the 2nd and 3rd biggest economies in the world!
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING OURSELVES IS: HOW DID THEY DO THAT?

And dont let us once again hide under the excuse of blaming government! "WE" are the government because those "micro decisions" each individual Nigerian makes (home and abroad) is what dictates the future of this country and that is governance!

The answer to the "big question" is very small indeed: MANUFACTURE!, MANUFACTURE!!, MANUFACTURE!!!

They did not get it right the first day but persistently stuck to that ideology: BE AN EMPLOYER, CREATE EMPLOYMENT!!

This is where Nigeria's development will continue to be stunted until we have a change of mentality, especially those of us that have "seen how its done" outside. We are a nation of "spend-spend, buy-buy, consume and consume"!
In a country where "manufacturing and industrial estate warehouses" suddenly begin to get converted to Churches, at an alarming rate, then you know that economic collapse is just a question of "how quickly"

I wish the poster and other capable people like him would have a re-think: You "choice" is crucial to the survival of this country!
It takes one man to start a revolution but it takes a whole generation to fulfill it.

We must revive our sense of Nationalism and downplay our "personal interest".
Well, maybe thats why we are Nigerians grin
Just thinking about how we got here.

Thanks , but this is the not the lastpage. grin

Anyways, I was not hell bent on the 2m a month, I was simply asking for advice based on actualities on the ground for those who work in Nigeria to be specific.

Now, I have been to many forums for White expats and they would normally say that if you are paid less then $100,000 do not even bother going to Nigeria.

As for me I do not earn that much, the truth is I earn about £60,000 a year, but I still get employers life insurance, a healthy pension scheme and other benefits.

This calculates to N15,000,000 a year and N1,250,000 monthly. I guess this is a liveable wage.

Again I do not live in Nigeria but come back home periodically and was there last year, it is very expensive and you will be surprised in terms of housing and motoring almost similar in cost to the UK.

Finally who says I will not start a business ? of course I will but let me first come in and get used to the system before taking the plunge.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2011
ROFL!!!! These self-made Psychiatrists we have on Nairaland . . . never seize to amaze me with the ridiculous assumptions!

These people routinely avoid discussing issues but focus instead on discussing the lives and thoughts of anonymous Nairalanders they will probably never know or meet . . . . and somehow they expect to be taken seriously at that. lol
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFL!!!! These self-made Psychiatrists we have on Nairaland . . . never seize to amaze me with the ridiculous assumptions!

true indeed.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2011
^^^ I am really rooting for you. And I hope you move soonest. Please don't let fears paralyze you, as I have allowed it me. Please make sure to give us here a regular update on progress and non, when you do get to Nigeria and start working on this.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2011
You want him to test the water for you . . .hmm undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by ekubear1: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2011
lastpage:

Dude, of course everyone wants manufacturing in Nigeria too. But you cannot manufacture (competitively) w/o roads and light. China invested in infrastructure first to support manufacturing. Nigeria has not. . .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by fstrangest: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
SEFAGO:

You want him to test the water for you . . .hmm undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Trust madam Kobo, she is looking for a guinea pig.

How can people be this selfish.

Did you see that: "hope you move soonest"

Madam Kobo doesnt wanna move, but she doesnt give a hoot if someone else takes the plunge and fail.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lastpage: 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2011
@eku bear
Dude, of course everyone wants manufacturing in Nigeria too. But you cannot manufacture (competitively) w/o roads and light. China invested in infrastructure first to support manufacturing. Nigeria has not. . .

Your statement is very true and correct; in every letter of it.
This "development" works hand-in-hand.
Elected Government will provide the enabling environment while private entrepreneurs will catalyze the industrial revolution.
By not playing its own part, "govt" is making it less attractive for individuals to take the plunge and be guaranteed at least, a 50% statistical success rate!

This is one of the reasons we need "Leadership" that understands the "basics" of economics.

@notcorrupt.
Let me encourage you further!
Even One Million Naira is a "liveable wage" in Lagos!
Add you would not be living poor, believe me.
The attractive part of it is that that wage could double within three years! grin
Its not like in the U.K or the West generally where "salary increment" are done in very regulated, tiny notches cry cry
Av seen weekly wage increased by 46.97GBP annually!
If it were in Nigeria, Salary increase will normally take the form of 15% - 25% of total wage, thats the way we negotiate! grin

Like some have suggested, get determined, (if you really want to) but it will be nice if you also have a "Plan B", just in-case things dont work as planned (Remember, no one can predict NEPA or PHCN as we now know them! wink grin )

Have a blessed year sir.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 04, 2011
notcorrupt:

Anyways, I was not hell bent on the 2m a month, I was simply asking for advice based on actualities on the ground for those who work in Nigeria to be specific.

Now, I have been to many forums for White expats and they would normally say that if you are paid less then $100,000 do not even bother going to Nigeria.
As for me I do not earn that much, the truth is I earn about £60,000 a year, but I still get employers life insurance, a healthy pension scheme and other benefits.
This calculates to N15,000,000 a year and N1,250,000 monthly. I guess this is a liveable wage.
Again I do not live in Nigeria but come back home periodically and was there last year, it is very expensive and you will be surprised in terms of housing and motoring almost similar in cost to the UK.
Finally who says I will not start a business ? of course I will but let me first come in and get used to the system before taking the plunge.
Thank you Sir.
Well I still don't get your point of posting here. You say you earn £60,000 per annum then why contemplate leaving that for uncertainty? It makes very little sense. Nobody on this forum of course knows who you really are and what you are driving at.
That notwithstanding Nigeria already has a suerfeit of qualified white collar jobseekers at every level. What the system lacks and desperately needs are creative entrepreneurs and daring investors who are ready to take the bull by the horns and reap the massive returns available in the extant virgin markets.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Jan 04, 2011
You folks need to quit PSYCHOANALYZING the dude and get to answering the particular questions asked already. In over 17 pages, less than 20% actually took time to answer the exact questions asked but we have had some of the usual BRAIN/MIND READERS come on to PSYCHOANALYZE people and not their posts, even! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 04, 2011
eku_bear:

The truth is in this era of globalisation no one country can have it all. However even with roads and light which most countries take for granted Nigeria will not turn to a manufacturing hub any time soon. The very idea is even preposterous while the necessary investment in scientific and technical education has not been made.
In any case any amelioration in the state of utilities can only come about by 100% privatisation not by the government pumping more funds into inefficient government parastatals.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 1:29am On Jan 04, 2011
notcorrupt:

Thank you Sir.

if you can get any job paying around 1 million naira monthly in nigeria then i advise you take it. that's a tidy monthly income and should help you bridge the gap between the living condition in the uk to that of nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 04, 2011
cou-gar:

if you can get any job paying around 1 million naira monthly in nigeria then i advise you take it. that's a tidy monthly income and should help you bridge the gap between the living condition in the uk to that of nigeria.
Again that is ludicrous really as you cannot compare the living standards and infrastructure in the 2 countries. Those that do take the plunge of relocating may do so for lifestyle reasons and not for the airy fairy reason that naira and kobo would give an equivalent living standard as that in the West.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 1:48am On Jan 04, 2011
tensor777:

Again that is ludicrous really as you cannot compare the living standards and infrastructure in the 2 countries. Those that do take the plunge of relocating may do so for lifestyle reasons and not for the airy fairy reason that naira and kobo would give an equivalent living standard

you completely miss the point! what i am saying here is with a million naira monthly income, he would be able to transform his living standards in the uk to nigeria. utilities like electricity, telephone, internet, security, etc can be bought without really stretching his pocket to the elastic limit. i understand it's not completely possible to do 100% transformation but 80-90% is still okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Gov. Abiola Ajimobi Dares Olubadan Of Ibadan / Voters’ Morale High As Nigerians Ready To Combat Tyranny / #EndSARS: DJ Switch To Speak At International Criminal Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.