Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26450 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

Since the tribes cannot trust themselves, some sort of dilution is needed, like having foreign INEC chairmen, senate leader or even presidents!

And who will be the first to cry that the Indians/Foreigners are once again ENSLAVING /STEALING from us?   Are you guaranteeing us all here that you will not be one of those wailing that the COLONIAL masters are back, when next you are passed over by an employer? undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:56am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Would those not be the same IT tools you are using today to post on this very forum? Do you not have access to software that aids you in achieving other goals there? Are you suddenly proclaiming that All persons out there who do their work on computers ought now to be considered IT professionals?  shocked

Okay, lets just say the guy is an IT professional, and the scammers are professional IT yahooze? That should satisfy you, no?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

Okay, lets just say the guy is an IT professional, and the scammers are professional IT yahooze? That should satisfy you, no?

I am an IT professional . . . and no, I am not your typical web designer/developer. You telling me that an uneducated yahooze does the same job I do, is not just an insult to me but to the profession itself. Please [size=13pt]STOP[/size]!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 2:01am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

And who will be the first to cry that the Indians/Foreigners are once again ENSLAVING /STEALING from us?   Are you guaranteeing us all here that you will not be one of those wailing that the COLONIAL masters are back, when next you are passed over by an employer? undecided

Was'nt it a serious mistake to have allowed the brits to free us, did it take 6 years after they left when we started tearing each other'eyes out?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 2:07am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am an IT professional . . . and no, I am not your typical web designer/developer. You telling me that an uneducated yahooze does the same job I do, is not just an insult to me but to the profession itself. Please [size=13pt]STOP[/size]!

Okay, I concede, but you people in the profession should try and design softwares that could limit the flow of those fellow, sorry those yahooze guys. Like developing a software to track them down before they swindle a 'maga'
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

Okay, I concede, but you people in the profession should try and design softwares that could limit the flow of those fellow, sorry those yahooze guys. Like developing a software to track them down before they swindle a 'maga'

You mean like blocking all traffic out of Nigeria or creating spiders that target and destroy requests from any identified Nigerian location ? ROFLMAO~~
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 4:12am On Jan 07, 2011
ola olabiy:

^^^Busugee just wanted to frustrate you and Kobo.
Thank God he's gone on errands smiley
grin am back mayne
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 4:27am On Jan 07, 2011
yall aint ready yet. shaking folks down, a system does not make.
thats why the USA govt got rid of the mafia. its a hustle.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Don't mind the local champion cheesy
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

huh ? nigerian generals studied all those books you listed shocked how come they cant speak proper english ? gerroutofhere with dat mess

Dude you need to stop talking "smack",
What do you think those guys are taught at the "Defense Academy"?
You are so un-informed and un-aware about the country you live in,

Who do you think Funds and Controls the Major
Political Parties in Nigeria?

Who do you think controls the major Nigerian National & International
comercial firms?

Dude should i produce a list for you,

You ought to be more aware by now.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

yall aint ready yet. shaking folks down, a system does not make.
thats why the USA govt got rid of the mafia. its a hustle.

U BETTER STOP TALKING IGNORANT, THE MAFIA IS PART OF THE
SOCIO-ECONOMIC FABRIC OF THE USA,

U TALK SO SENSELESS, PLEASE CONSULT GOOGLE-SEARCH BEFORE U POST,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
Anotha Thread Derailed,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

U TALK SO SENSELESS, PLEASE CONSULT GOOGLE-SEARCH BEFORE U POST, [/b]
So you get your information from Google instead of direct personal experience. Is that where you get your odd conspiracy theories from?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cap28: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

hahaha dont mind them Dj20 - imagine thinking that the mafia was "dismantled" Buzugee go and research how the mafia were running the prostitution and gambling joints in Cuba before the Cuban revolution in 59, you also seem to be blissfully unaware that the mafia were implicated in the assassination of JFK former president of the US, how about JFK's younger brother bobby and his well publicised indictment of top mafia king pins which resulted in him ending up DEAD , oh lest i forget go and research  former head of the FBI J Edgar Hoover's "links" with the mafia - bro the mafia remain powerful and in control - they work hand in hand with the US govt, the only difference is that they have used money laundering to convert their businesses into legit activities.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude you need to stop talking "smack",
What do you think those guys are taught at the "Defense Academy"?
You are so un-informed and un-aware about the country you live in,

Who do you think Funds and Controls the Major
Political Parties in Nigeria?

Who do you think controls the major Nigerian National & International
comercial firms?

Dude should i produce a list for you,

You ought to be more aware by now.
i have a family friend who went to NDA back in the day. they didnt teach them all dat. it was mostly physical training. heck when i hang out with him and all his hausa buddys who graduated from NDA, half of them cant even speak english. i think you have been had. you have been bamboozled. you have being hoodwinked.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

you on the other hand talk like someone whose IQ is the same number as his shoe size. your sense of reasoning is akin to a turd in the commode. a 'system' is a set of regulatory standards set out to achieve a favorable and feasible business environment while simultaneously melding in to the environment without usurping it. now there will be criminal elements who will 'TRY TO BUCK THE SYSTEM'. there will be criminal elements who will try to 'SUBVERT THE SYSTEM'. there will be criminal elements who will try to 'CIRCUMNAVIGATE THE SYSTEM'. they are not part of the system. they are just trying to work around it to make a fast buck. gerrritttt ? the mafia is one of these criminal elements who 'CIRCUMNAVIGATE THE SYSTEM'. they are not part of it. hope i have imparted some knowledge into your porous skull.

in nigeria their is no system to circumnavigate. local politicians or area boys who shake you down for money are just blatantly extorting you. they have no reason to shake you down. you have not broken any laws. these are criminal elements. every society in the world has them. criminal elements are not part of a system. they are people trying to circumnavigate their way around a system.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

So you get your information from Google instead of direct personal experience. Is that where you get your odd conspiracy theories from?

Dude i know u are more smarter than the comment you have just made.
New York, New Jersey, Illinois, if you have lived in any of the cities in
these states you would know that "The Mob" is as Relevant to the Economy
of the USA as "Hookers" are to Hotels & Street Corners

And who did America send to oversee Italy immediately after the  Second World War,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
cap28:

hahaha dont mind them Dj20 - imagine thinking that the mafia was "dismantled" Buzugee go and research how the mafia were running the prostitution and gambling joints in Cuba before the Cuban revolution in 59, you also seem to be blissfully unaware that the mafia were implicated in the assassination of JFK former president of the US, how about JFK's younger brother bobby and his well publicised indictment of top mafia king pins which resulted in him ending up DEAD , oh lest i forget go and research  former head of the FBI J Edgar Hoover's "links" with the mafia - bro the mafia remain powerful and in control - they work hand in hand with the US govt, the only difference is that they have used money laundering to convert their businesses into legit activities.

HI-FIVE/FIST POUND DUDE!!! LAS VEGAS COMES TO MIND,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

that fool is crazy grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
cap28:

no one said the mafia is dismantled. all am saying is that the mafia is a criminal element trying to circumnavigate the system. they are not part of the system. try to stay focused cap28. stop derailing the topic grin whether the mafia still exists or not is totally irrelevant. criminals will always exist. grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

that fool is crazy grin

FOOLISH RESPONSE, U HAVE BEEN OWNED DUDE!!!!

Dude you seem to be *key-board happy*, just happy to
be posting and chatting "smack", typical "childish grown man"
nigerian mentality,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

no one said the mafia is dismantled. all am saying is that the mafia is a criminal element trying to circumnavigate the system. they are not part of the system. try to stay focused cap28. stop derailing the topic  grin whether the mafia still exists or not is totally irrelevant. criminals will always exist. grin

Stop recycling stale information, come up with some original ideas  angry angry angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

FOOLISH RESPONSE, U HAVE BEEN OWNED DUDE!!!!

Dude you seem to be *key-board happy*, just happy to
be posting and chatting "smack", typical "childish grown man"
nigerian mentality,
owned ? by a cretin like you ? puhleezeee. wake up from your wet dream fool. on my worst day ill eat you up for breakfast.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cap28: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
DeeJay20:

HI-FIVE/FIST POUND DUDE!!! LAS VEGAS COMES TO MIND,

hi five back bro grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah the mafia are still involved in prostitution rackets and various hotel businesses in Vegas - so they're very much a presence in the US.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
frosbel:

Stop recycling stale information, come up with some original ideas  angry angry angry

am a grown azz man. ill do whatever i feel like. it is my constitutional right to recycle and regurgitate what i feel like for stone age men like you to read  grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

you on the other hand talk like someone whose IQ is the same number as his shoe size. your sense of reasoning is akin to a turd in the commode. a 'system' is a set of regulatory standards set out to achieve a favorable and feasible business environment while simultaneously melding in to the environment without usurping it. now there will be criminal elements who will 'TRY TO BUCK THE SYSTEM'. there will be criminal elements who will try to 'SUBVERT THE SYSTEM'. there will be criminal elements who will try to 'CIRCUMNAVIGATE THE SYSTEM'. they are not part of the system. they are just trying to work around it to make a fast buck. gerrritttt ? the mafia is one of these criminal elements who 'CIRCUMNAVIGATE THE SYSTEM'. they are not part of it. hope i have imparted some knowledge into your porous skull.

in nigeria their is no system to circumnavigate. local politicians or area boys who shake you down for money are just blatantly extorting you. they have no reason to shake you down. you have not broken any laws. these are criminal elements. every society in the world has them. criminal elements are not part of a system. they are people trying to circumnavigate their way around a system.
gotta post this again so yall fools can understand the difference between a system and criminal elements. these fools are crazy grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Lanrefemi: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
@notcorrupt, you are not mad for wanting to go back, a lot of us are feeling the same way too, but my advice is that you should feel the water with your toe first before jumping into the pool.
Very useful thread for guys in diaspora, I've been living in london for 8years, i came over here after graduating and working for 3years with sagem in nigeria.
hopeful i will be going back to nigeria next year to see and meet up with old friends who are on ground in nigeria to find out the opportunities in nigeria, luckily most of them are professionals, but that will be after finishing my post graduate studies and/or my british passport coming through, lol.

On a serious note, i think the best thing guys in disapora can do before even thinking of going back home is to improve and develop oneselves either educationally or professionally, so as to be relevant to the society(nigeria) we are going back into. The mistake a lot of we nigerians in diaspora make is to forget about personal development as soon as we get abroad and just keep 'chasing' money, ironically a lot of people realise late that money is not easy or cheap to come by anywhere, even in the so-called 'developed' countries.

Going back home with billions or millions is not enough, but the ideas and experiences that one has gathered abroad goes a long way as well.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2011
"Going back home with billions or millions is not enough, but the ideas and experiences that one has gathered abroad goes a long way as well."

Well said, well said my friend. Less of cap28 and lonewolf and  more of this please. Lets stop attacking each other but rather, unite, share ideas and build each other up. We cannot afford to bicker and fight, we need each other more than ever.

As we Igbo's say, Igwe bu ike - there is strength in numbers. Say what you like about the Indians and Chinese etc, they understand this principle. better than we do.

More light less heat please brethren.

Cheers.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
As we Igbo's say, Igwe bu ike - there is strength in numbers. Say what you like about the Indians and Chinese etc, they understand this principle. better than we do.

Word, when we learn to support each other like the Chinese/Indians instead of making imaginary divisions within ourselves we will begin to grow
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by zebudaya(m): 1:03am On Jan 10, 2011
@ SEFAGO you de craze,  grin "You had the nerve to tell someone that the person is not an engineer since they have never displayed the analytical finesse of an engineer." that was funny! grin

@original poster. After 15 years in the U.K I don't see the point of going back to look for a job. Can you start a business? 24 million/yr  you want = 160,000 dollars. Most American Engineers/IT would never make that much money in their lifetime, unless they work for Big Oil. I'm afraid you are setting your sights too high. Who else? the boys in finance (Wall street types) can make that much money too. I'm guessing American folks make more or at least about the same as their U.K counterparts. Not sure.

@kobojunkie. You are definitely out of touch with Naija. You need to pay a visit spend 2 weeks, and then draw conclusions. If you think you are going to spend 3-6 months a year and make more money than you are going to make in Yankee. then you must be an expatriate and you must be an engineer working for Big oil. End of story!. Asking for specifics on a message board won't help! Don't believe their fairy tales!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jan 10, 2011
zebudaya:

@kobojunkie. You are definitely out of touch with Naija. You need to pay a visit spend 2 weeks, and then draw conclusions. If you think you are going to spend 3-6 months a year and make more money than you are going to make in Yankee. then you must be an expatriate and you must be an engineer working for Big oil. End of story!. Asking for specifics on a message board won't help! Don't believe their fairy tales!

Next time, make sure you READ what is posted before you jump to shoving misinformed advice at people you didn't even care enough to understand in the first place.

First off . . . nowhere in my notes have stated that I plan to make go become wealthy in Nigeria on my visit. Matter of fact, I revealed that bit of information to give the @Poster the idea of probably going in to test the waters before he takes the permanent plunge in the market. If you bothered to read what I actually posted, you would get that it is simply to give me an idea of what moving down there fulltime would be like.

Also, that people live abroad does not mean they do not visit or are not more in touch with Nigerian reality  than you are.

Lastly, if you don't know it, I might as well be the one to tell you that it is possible to make a buck load of dough down there in Nigeria, in 3-6 months. So many folks/companies already do that. They go back and forth every other quarter when they get new contracts/deals down in Nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by zebudaya(m): 1:20am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Offering services of various kinds . . . IT, finance/Accounting, Project management, Training etc

Like you always say. I want specifics/evidence. Give me a name of an Individual/company/principal I can Google.

Kobojunkie:

, If you bothered to read what I actually posted, you would get that it is simply to give me an idea of what moving down there fulltime would be like.

Also, that people live abroad does not mean they do not visit or are not more in touch with Nigerian reality  than you are.

If you visit regularly why would you rely on a complete stranger on a message board to give you an idea of what moving to Nigeria full time would be like?

Take it from someone who straddles both continents effortlessly. They are parallel universes. They are NOT the same. If you are not here/do not come in regularly then you are out touch. End of story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Speaks On Stopping Nwodo, Clark From Flying To Benue / How We Were Attacked At Ambode's House – EFCC / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.