Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26453 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2011
debosky:

@ buzugee

Quit the ignorant talk - what is a 'system'? It is a whole compounded of several parts or members.

It doesn't have to be comprised of regulations - if you don't play by the system (i.e. bribe the necessary officials) you might have issues importing your goods into Nigeria - that is a manifestation of a system or a way of doing things. Politicians shaking you down is a part of doing business in Nigeria, so that is a part of the system.

They might be primitive, but systems definitely exist.
ok let me indulge your paltry definition of what a  system is. ok so someone shakes you down for cash ? its still a free for all. pay the cash and go on about your business. in britain and america they actually have laws preventing you opening certain kinds of businesses in certain areas, they have laws preventing you from selling to certain types of people (underage etc), they have laws preventing you from opening up a business if you are not a citizen, they have laws that prevent you from opening up a certain type of business about 5 miles from a public school etc etc etc. these are regulations. there is no getting around them. in naija you bribe and go on about your business. hence its still a free for all and not a 'system'.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

Another elliptical argument by this kobojunkie lady. Confusing pure criminality with systemic extortion. Anyway it seems this guy harassing her mum is just a violent hooligan that needs to be arrested and  caged by the security forces.
That is all.

Honestly, you really think I am the one with the ELLIPTICAL argument here?

Sigh! I need to stop engaging these!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

ok let me indulge your paltry definition of what a  system is. ok so someone shakes you down for cash ? its still a free for all. pay the cash and go on about your business. in britain and america they actually have laws preventing you opening certain kinds of businesses in certain areas, they have laws preventing you from selling to certain types of people (underage etc), they have laws preventing you from opening up a business if you are not a citizen, they have laws that prevent you from opening up a certain type of business about 5 miles from a public school etc etc etc. these are regulations. there is no getting around them. in naija you bribe and go on about your business. hence its still a free for all and not a 'system'.

Similar laws and regulations happen to exist in Nigeria. . . . have been that way for the longest.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

Another elliptical argument by this kobojunkie lady. Confusing pure criminality with systemic extortion. Anyway it seems this guy harassing her mum is just a violent hooligan that needs to be arrested and  caged by the security forces.
That is all.
right. i cant actually believe these people are equating 'criminal behavior' with 'a regulatory system'. now i have heard it all
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 12:33am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The same laws and regulations happen to exist in Nigeria. . . . have been that way for the longest.
there are no laws and regulation in nigeria. the only regulation is not to open your business on govt prime location or you will be bulldozed. thats all.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

right. i cant actually believe these people are equating 'criminal behavior' with 'a regulatory system'. now i have heard it all

Actually, you would be the person doing just that, nobody else. In your bid to continue shifting the goal post, you have successfully done that ALL BY YOURSELF.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

there are no laws and regulation in nigeria. the only regulation is not to open your business on govt prime location or you will be bulldozed. thats all.

That is your first problem . . . you do not know your own country. There are solid laws and regulations in Nigeria -- just as as good as those obtained in places like the UK and America. Please do your research to educate yourself on this.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2011
buzugee:

Criminal behaviour is still a system - the recent addendum of 'regulatory' is a tad revisionist.
buzugee:

Rules include don't go against businesses with entrenched government interests - if you do, you will be frustrated out of it by those who can draw up laws overnight aimed at kicking you out.

There are laws, but they are unevenly applied or regulated - that cannot be described as the absence of a system. The system exists, but is a different system with different flaws or loopholes.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by chiogo(f): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2011
2M naira per month? May I ask what your profession is?

I doubt you could earn that much in this new Nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 12:39am On Jan 07, 2011
i shall be back to continue this topic in an hours time. got errands to run before store closes  grin and kobojunkie stop being belligerent, bellicose, rambunctious, boisterous, loquacious and preposterous. you are making no damn sense but you continue to rant. stop confusing criminality with regulations.  angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 12:42am On Jan 07, 2011
Before the goalposts are moved any further, let's go back to the root -

DeeJay20:

ROFLMAO!!! This CAP28 guy is the "Truth"..Dude you
hit that one on the head Big Time, Those indians
are just playing the system and the Nigerian Elite allows it because they are getting their own cut, lol!!!

This system being 'played' exists - the Nigerian system comprises of the regulatory system and the ways of getting things done around the regulatory system.

The 'system' as a whole is run by incompetents who favour foreigners over Nigerians in many instances simply because they are foreign. In that 'system', having a white face presenting your proposals gives you a bigger chance of getting the deal (when all other factors are equal) compared to an all Nigerian competitor.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olaolabiy: 12:55am On Jan 07, 2011
^^^Busugee just wanted to frustrate you and Kobo.
Thank God he's gone on errands smiley
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2011
debosky:

Criminal behaviour is still a system - the recent addendum of 'regulatory' is a tad revisionist.
Rules include don't go against businesses with entrenched government interests - if you do, you will be frustrated out of it by those who can draw up laws overnight aimed at kicking you out.

There are laws, but they are unevenly applied or regulated - that cannot be described as the absence of a system. The system exists, but is a different system with different flaws or loopholes.
You know you are getting into quite unnecessary semantics. A place where there are laws but they are not applied is effectively lawless and a free for all .
That's the point.
Even apart from that businesses in Nigeria are very lightly regulated compared to those in the West as you should expect.
And yes there are many many businesses one can establish in Nigeria without going against the interest of highly favoured government contractors.
To even begin to suggest that foreign owned busuiness are where they are today because of government patronage and favouritism is just too ludicrous and laughable to even discuss.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 12:59am On Jan 07, 2011
debosky:

Before the goalposts are moved any further, let's go back to the root -

This system being 'played' exists - the Nigerian system comprises of the regulatory system and the ways of getting things done around the regulatory system.

The 'system' as a whole is run by incompetents who favour foreigners over Nigerians in many instances simply because they are foreign. In that 'system', having a white face presenting your proposals gives you a bigger chance of getting the deal (when all other factors are equal) compared to an all Nigerian competitor.

So you think racism is practised by Nigerian authorities?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:05am On Jan 07, 2011
chiogo:

2M naira per month? May I ask what your profession is?

I doubt you could earn that much in this new Nigeria.

He was a 'skilled IT professional', a phrase that could well mean a 'yahoozie expert'
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2011
^^ No it does not. a Yahoozee cannot even be compared to a hacker . . . they are more the lowest of all when it comes to computer users. The only skills necessary for yahoozees is ability to gather and send emails. That is about what the average computer user knows to do.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by chiogo(f): 1:09am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

He was a 'skilled IT professional', a phrase that could well mean a 'yahoozie expert'
grin grin grin So, they took it all the way to the UK too?  cheesy
2M naira is def. far-fetched.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 1:13am On Jan 07, 2011
Yahooze started with britico naija boys, then they moved it to other parts of europe, then asia, then the US

We got money flowing internationally grin

Nigerians are smart- they started on various continents then when the governments wised up they moved to another one.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 1:13am On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

You know you are getting into quite unnecessary semantics. A place where there are laws but they are not applied is effectively lawless and a free for all .
That's the point.
Even apart from that businesses in Nigeria are very lightly regulated compared to those in the West as you should expect.
And yes there are many many businesses one can establish in Nigeria without going against the interest of highly favoured government contractors.
To even begin to suggest that foreign owned busuiness are where they are today because of government patronage and favouritism is just too ludicrous and laughable to even discuss.

I won't waste my time repeating what I've already written - go and read it again.

I have nowhere stated that all foreign owned businesses owe their success to favouritism. However, that does not negate the fact that such a bias exists and there are numerous examples to prove this.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:19am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ No it does not. a Yahoozee cannot even be compared to a hacker . . . they are more the lowest of all when it comes to computer users. The only skills necessary for yahoozees is ability to gather and send emails. That is about what the average computer user knows to do.
[/quote
Kobojunkie link=topic=576207.msg7478019#msg7478019 date=1294358924:

But they all use IT tools to do their jobs, hence the reference. For two persons who does their works in front of computer monitors, one legal and the other illegal, looking at both of them going to the office, lugging around laptops, riding same lifts and closing about same time, a yahooze and an IT guy are nearly similar in operation.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

But they all use IT tools to do their jobs, hence the reference. For two persons who does their works in front of computer monitors, one legal and the other illegal, looking at both of them going to the office, lugging around laptops, riding same lifts and closing about same time, a yahooze and an IT guy are nearly similar in operation.

Would those not be the same IT tools you are using today to post on this very forum? Do you not have access to software that aids you in achieving other goals there? Are you suddenly proclaiming that All persons out there who do their work on computers ought now to be considered IT professionals? shocked
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 07, 2011
debosky:

have nowhere stated that all foreign owned businesses owe their success to favouritism. However, that does not negate the fact that such a bias exists and there are numerous examples to prove this.
Then you may be good enough to give a couple of EXPLICIT examples, mentioning

Companies and Directors involved,
Contracts or licences bidded for  etc etc

If not that is another boring conspiracy theory and I for one have no inclination to refute airy fairy conspiracy theories.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:24am On Jan 07, 2011
debosky:

I won't waste my time repeating what I've already written - go and read it again.

I have nowhere stated that all foreign owned businesses owe their success to favouritism. However, that does not negate the fact that such a bias exists and there are numerous examples to prove this.

Bias exists everywhere, and it wont be strange to hear that even companies favour indins and other foreigners. With our level of tribalism, It is even a positive developement to allow the dominance of foreigners here. Keeps everyone on their toes.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:28am On Jan 07, 2011
tensor777:

Then you may be good enough to give a couple of EXPLICIT examples, mentioning

Companies and Directors involved,
Contracts or licences bidded for  etc etc

If not that is another boring conspiracy theory and I for one have no inclination to refute airy fairy conspiracy theories.

NBC plc, Sony Alok, Shalendra Kumar and a band of indian directors sitting on top of sensitive positions reserved for foreigners.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

Bias exists everywhere, and it wont be strange to hear that even companies favour indins and other foreigners. With our level of tribalism, It is even a positive developement to allow the dominance of foreigners here. Keeps everyone on their toes.
And what is the evidence for that?
Perhaps some disgruntled elements here expect lumbering governmeent parastatals compete with private firms in a free market economy.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

NBC plc, Sony Alok, Shalendra Kumar and a band of indian directors sitting on top of sensitive positions reserved for foreigners.
And that is bias? What is the ownership structure like over at NBC by the way. You think foreign shareholders won't want seats on the board.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

How exactly would that be positive development for us?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Sharonf(f): 1:38am On Jan 07, 2011
These self-made Psychiatrists we have on Nairaland . . . never seize to amaze me with the ridiculous assumptions!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spyder880(m): 1:41am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How exactly would that be positive development for us?

Since the tribes cannot trust themselves, some sort of dilution is needed, like having foreign INEC chairmen, senate leader or even presidents!

tensor777:

And that is bias? What is the ownership structure like over at NBC by the way. You think foreign shareholders won't want seats on the board.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

Those are not board members, they are executives.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olaolabiy: 1:42am On Jan 07, 2011
Sharon_f:

These self-made Psychiatrists we have on Nairaland . . . never seize to amaze me with the ridiculous assumptions!

You are badddd ooo grin grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Would those not be the same IT tools you are using today to post on this very forum? Do you not have access to software that aids you in achieving other goals there? Are you suddenly proclaiming that All persons out there who do their work on computers ought now to be considered IT professionals? shocked
Now that is funny! grin grin
Maybe the guy is lumping together those who directly earn a living from the manipulation of the internet and information technology software from the legitimate income of the Networkers and programmers to the filthy lucre of the yahoozee guys.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by asha80(m): 1:50am On Jan 07, 2011
spyder880:

Invisible you no make sense here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / #ministerial List Trending On Twitter. (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.