Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? (60333 Views)

The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / Most Painful Thing Done To You By Your Parents / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by vickydevoka(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

Hmmmm... How time flies, share yours.
Masters no be a money o. My guy do masters finish de teach for primary school
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2020
Iseoluwani:
just 2wks ago, i corrected a man theological error and in the mist of everybody, there he said my problem is that i know too much, i have read too much books and all that, even after showing them prove unfortunately i was lambasted for over 20mins in a public glare, simply the person was just my elder.... i just promised myself even if i know the solution i will swallow it.

it pained me and i have moved on

You embarrassed the guy in public gathering , what did u expect after that? You should have done it tactically . Lol sorry
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by addexx: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2020
My mum said ' You are not a son and I wish you were the one that died instead of your father' . Among thousands more of hurtful statements. Because I'm not yet living up to her financial expectations. I dunno if I'll ever be able to forgive that when I get on my feet.. Already planning excommunication. undecided
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by chrish(f): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2020
After secondary School I stayed at home for 3years before getting admission into a university.

During those 3years of waiting ASUU and ASUP went on strike...I posted on my 2go status "God please let the strike end". Then my sec school classmate who was in a poly running her ND program sent me a message that the strike has been called off I was so happy to hear that... She said "why are you happy you are not even in school, allow those who the strike has affected to be happy" I cried that day eh...

Today I'm a degree holder and that person is looking for DE to further.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Madisonsqua(m): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2020
Most painful words said to me 11 years ago still echoes till today.
It was in a JAMB tutorial class, my closest friend said to me in public "ko ri tajé shè" meaning " I was so destitute ". Then I only had 2 trousers and a few shirts to go through the week.

But God listened and wiped my tears.....before the end of that year my story changed, he would beg for money whenever he visits.

11 yrs on, I've bought atleast 4 cars with my own money, and I've made millions while he's still worth less than 100k.

I bet he's forgotten..... but I will never forget.... what he said didn't affect our friendship till today.

Make peace with all men and Let God fight your battle .

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by stevups(m): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

She said that to dissuade you from your wayward life. That statement cautioned you till date.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Onecutetivboi(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2020
It was when my ex told me "I'm done with you". Girl wen i bin de manage. My friends always asked me, why i would date such a childish girl but i bin de tel dem " Baba i really like her".
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by vickydevoka(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Nothing pains me more than telling me I have a small dick n I can't perform after sex
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2020
jogsman01:
I would have loved to read comments but I just need to get this out of my mind......
The statement was from my mum. I came back home from the football field that day and She told me "you're playing football with those who are already in school and you're here eating my food, you better find something to do with your life".

And I replied her that day; "mum, if he finishes school before me doesn't mean he'll have a brighter future than me".

Today, I'm done with my HND, B. Eng in progress, and already got a good paying job. My very good friend which my mum made reference to actually dropped out.

She said what a mother would say. I bet that is what kept u focused even though it hurt u.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MrHandsome2013: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2020
hllo
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MrHandsome2013: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2020
Madisonsqua:
It was in a JAMB tutorial class, my closest friend said to me in public "ko ri tajé shè" meaning " I was so destitute ". Then I only had 2 trousers and a few shirts to go through the week.

But God listened and wiped my tears.....before the end of that year my story changed, he would beg for money whenever he visits.

11 yrs on, I've bought atleast 4 cars with my own money, and I've made millions while he's still worth less than 100k.

I bet he's forgotten..... but I will never forget.... what he said didn't affect our friendship till today.

Hello, can you assist me with 1500 to fill my gas
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2020
I heard so much that I don't even know which is more painful. There's nothing anyone will tell me now that I've never heard before. I'm now hardened. My happiness is that I disappointed all those who told me horrible things. I'm going higher and better everyday and giving all of them sleepless nights.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by MrHandsome2013: 11:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Dannyilo:
An uncle once told me that my family is extremely poor mockingly. I cried all through and made a 5-year resolution and workplan to deal with poverty in my family. Today. I am better than him.
Hello, can you assist me with 1500 to fill my gas
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Ndudanon: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2020
As much as you are happily celebrating what you've become today as a result of the woman's word to you. I think you should have a heart of appreciation to God and then the woman also. Because obviously there was something the woman saw in you then which if not corrected might have led you to a path of total regret if not death; and being a mother that she is, the best way she could have pass such a vital advice/message to you inorder for it to get stuck in you was simply the way she did because non of us here knows the kind of relationship that existed then between you and her. I think you should take sometime out and evaluate everything that had transpired from then till date and who you have become today; you would realise that she has long been part of your success story; regardless of what her intention was. Because the Almighty GOD alone knew who and how to get such words of transformation to you and God found her to be the right tool to convey such vital message to you.
I believe her words have indeed played a huge role in helping you become who you are today.
One thing you should do immediately, is to start working on yourself to detoxify yourself of any any anger, resentment you feel towards her & her family. Because for the mere reason that you mentioned her daughters unfortunate situations is a sign that you are more or less happy about that, which shouldn't be. You are indeed destined for a much greater height if only you can free yourself from any anger or resentment you feel towards her & her family and learn to pray for them also in your closet from a clean heart... May GOD guide and give us understanding in our daily life.
As much as you are happily celebrating what you've become today as a result of the woman's word to you. I think you should have a heart of appreciation to God and then the woman also. Because obviously there was something the woman saw in you then which if not corrected might have led you to a path of total regret if not death; and being a mother that she is, the best way she could have pass such a vital advice/message to you inorder for it to get stuck in you was simply the way she did because non of us here knows the kind of relationship that existed then between you and her. I think you should take sometime out and evaluate everything that had transpired from then till date and who you have become today; you would realise that she has long been part of your success story; regardless of what her intention was. Because the Almighty GOD alone knew who and how to get such words of transformation to you and God found her to be the right tool to convey such vital message to you.
I believe her words have indeed played a huge role in helping you become who you are today.
One thing you should do immediately, is to start working on yourself to detoxify yourself of any any anger, resentment you feel towards her & her family. Because for the mere reason that you mentioned her daughters unfortunate situations is a sign that you are more or less happy about that, which shouldn't be. You are indeed destined for a much greater height if only you can free yourself from any anger or resentment you feel towards her & her family and learn to pray for them also in your closet from a clean heart... May GOD guide and give us understanding in our daily life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Honeydenz(f): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Samakus:

Take corrections young woman! Will ya?

You're a postgraduate student for josh's sake, it's just fair that you're expected to write as one. Spoken English is not a right denominator of literacy. If you can't write English, you're no different from the tout at Orile park.

BTW, how people mistake 'I'm' for 'am' is just annoyingly baffling. Least of them all, postgraduate students!

The bolded is the lamest excuse I have seen this year aside Buhari's aides blaming his pronunciation of 'Covik one nine' on his Fulani tongue!
Well, Since you have come this personal, I will create time out of my busy schedule to answer you briefly.

Honestly, I am not impressed by your choice of diction either and I must forgive myself for thinking your comments was on the track of correction when in real fact, it's a cheap verbal redicle laced with a part of deceit in the first place. While doing all I can to hide my disappointment at your manner of approach, I seriously doubt your literacy above secondary school level, otherwise your councel would have been channelled towards making positive impact on your overall grammatical expressions without appearing like an attention-seeker. It tells me of a old man who deserves nothing more than vetupirations and tongue lashing because he has become so venile and inconsistent.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Stillthebest: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Acmepreneur:

100 of your miserable self can't compete with her. Take some handkeierchief to wipe those tears

Coming from a toilet wipe who thinks everyone is as useless as he or she is. I think whoever that person is feeds your generation so u dont go hungry. Handbag!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Fuckkthemod: 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Acmepreneur:

If u really wanna show you are rich, send me 100k right away. If you can't, you are a broke ass niggar

Beggar I talk am na one of them, na me cause your poverty ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Fuckkthemod: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Advancedman:

You said the man is your dad friend?
I don't understand.

Yes he is and till date he still is
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by crystalsoul: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=beautified post=88039427]
When you forgive wholeheartedly,you will be healed.I know it could be hard,but Christ can help you
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Beggar I talk am na one of them, na me cause your poverty ?
Lol, I'm a proud beggar, a professor in begging, at least I'm better than you, wey no get Keke but still they form owner of range rover on social media. I
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
Stillthebest:

Coming from a toilet wipe who thinks everyone is as useless as he or she is. I think whoever that person is feeds your generation so u dont go hungry. Handbag!
Yes now, he's welcomed to do so. But you wey don fail Ielts, GRE, Neco, WAEC, dey brag of English on Social media. The difference between you and I is that I'm not in denial of my problems, but you are not just in denial, but living in an illusion. That's a mental knock down
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Well, Since you have come this personal, I will create time out of my busy schedule to answer you briefly.

Honestly, I am not impressed by your choice of diction either and I must forgive myself for thinking your comments was on the track of correction when in real fact, it's a cheap verbal redicle laced with a part of deceit in the first place. While doing all I can to hide my disappointment at your manner of approach, I seriously doubt your literacy above secondary school level, otherwise your councel would have been channelled towards making positive impact on your overall grammatical expressions without appearing like an attention-seeker. It tells me of a old man who deserves nothing more than vetupirations and tongue lashing because he has become so venile and inconsistent.
Wow, are you a psychologist? You were able to decipher his mental sickness this easy. I salute your brain sis

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Apination(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
spyglaxx:

Oga calm down with your reverse prejudice.
So Bonfre Joe could speak good english then abi? What of the chinese that are carting billions away inform of contracts?.Go and read their manuals on Alibaba you will see lots of grammatical haemorrage.

You will still deny a child's future cause of a 'p' in english and 'c' in maths, phy, chem, and bio.

With all your big grammar you still import young technical students from china to help mine quartz deposits in Calabar mountains.

And what is radiation in your mother tongue?

Will you keep quiet! This isn't about me, alibaba or the Chinese, stop defending the indefensible. She should simply have noted the correction and thanked him no matter how she might have felt about it, that's the hallmark of a scholar and an intelligent person. Learn to stop defending what's wrong, no one knows it all and people should be open to learn and be corrected. In fact her response was more appalling than the initial hostage situation, the truth is that the English Language is the official and most recognised means of communication in schools and on the street, how can a masters student come up with the excuse that she's in the sciences and that's why she's unable to speak or write in the proper grammar as though she is being taught in yoruba and you moronically put yourself forward as an advocate for stupid excuses, better wise up undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Stillthebest: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Yes now, he's welcomed to do so. But you wey don fail Ielts, GRE, Neco, WAEC, dey brag of English on Social media. The difference between you and I is that I'm not in denial of my problems, but you are not just in denial, but living in an illusion. That's a mental knock down

Whats this tool talking about? You are writing like a deluded migget.

Keep being the hanger-on to your fellow you are defending. And don't change.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Harrymax(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
skyhighweb:
they said word that was said to u, not wat was done to you, na so them dey take fail exam
grin
skyhighweb:
they said word that was said to u, not wat was done to you, na so them dey take fail exam
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by spyglaxx: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
Apination:

Will you keep quiet! This isn't about me, alibaba or the Chinese, stop defending the indefensible. She should simply have noted the correction and thanked him no matter how she might have felt about it, that's the hallmark of a scholar and an intelligent person. Learn to stop defending what's wrong, no one knows it all and people should be open to learn and be corrected. In fact her response was more appalling than the initial hostage situation, the truth is that the English Language is the official and most recognised means of communication in schools and on the street, how can a masters student come up with the excuse that she's in the sciences and that's why she's unable to speak or write in the proper grammar as though she is being taught in yoruba and you moronically put yourself forward as an advocate for stupid excuses, better wise up undecided

See grammar oh.

So if you have a daughter engaged to a man who is linguistically impaired i know your type will summarily cancel such a union. For to you success is anchored on the ability of the man to speak explosive grammar

I know that if it is a white man that speaks incorrectly he will be forgiven, but once it is your fellow black man your prejudice is activated.

Your years of paper academics had done nothing to demystify your foggy sense of reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Dagz007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
Honeydenz:

My own issues is that wow you have succeeded in proving your sister wrong , you have not given birth out of wedlock as she had predicated bravo
It was her own daughters that brought that shame instead.
My question is that how many unborn babies did you killed trying to prove your sister wrong .?

Well her own daughters had nothing to prove to Anyone like you, they chose not to be a murderer

Bleep off already with your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
Stillthebest:

Whats this tool talking about? You are writing like a deluded migget.

Keep being the hanger-on to your fellow you are defending. And don't change.
Still the best abi ki lo nje, I pity your condition. You are so full of yourself,and think you are Mr know all, yet you lack common sense. Anyways, you can go see a psychotherapist to help you in your delusions, you are only besting yourself
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
Madisonsqua:

You are the definition of wickedness. You kept this in mind for 11years and you still dey befriend him. I don't know that all those witches and Wizards in nolywood exist until I meet you. Repent or you will rot in hell with your useless money. Ika
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Stillthebest: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Still the best abi ki lo nje, I pity your condition. You are so full of yourself,and think you are Mr know all, yet you lack common sense. Anyways, you can go see a psychotherapist to help you in your delusions, you are only besting yourself

What is this disease talking about? And you like epistles!

Boy you need help not from me tho, but from Y left!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by jimmyLd101: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Lol, I won't answer you Mr punctuation error judge. I hope you know there's what we call 'typing error'? Additionally, am a science student and not an English graduate. However, 100 of your miserable species combined can't stand me in spoken English. Idiot!
Does that justify your grammatical blunder. Master my foot

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Coolabbie: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
Dagger111:

Looking at u, i am very sure that your hole can accommodate a whole building. U only proof that woman wrong by aborting a dozen of abortions. U too dey fvck, that's why. If nt, she wouldn't have said so. Pele Iya Masters.
E pain you say at your big age, you are still writing jamb while she's done with school? grin grin

Ntoor gi

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like / Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.