Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) (74877 Views)

Shade Okoya Flaunts Her Massive Bathroom Amid COVID-19 Lockdown / Is It Advisable To Leave Money In The Bank During This Time? / Is It Advisable To Leave Money In The Bank During This Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by nonny400(m): 4:09am On Mar 31, 2020
destinie2019:

I am sure you feel very bright. Pray that something doesn't render you helpless. I wonder why the average well to do person thinks people in need are lazy.

K
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by webizone(m): 4:22am On Mar 31, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Atleast women are the ones preventing humankind from going into extinction so you nigerian guys better drop the frustrated attitude and give them respect.
How are they preventing it?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:34am On Mar 31, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Sorry about your predicament, OP. That bolded part got me thinking because that is something I have observed myself that we seem to have a culture that normally doesn't respect other people's space.

More so with all the awareness, you find even when you try to put a decent space between you and someone, they still cover that space and expose both of you. People aren't taking this thing seriously and I pray and hope it doesnt cost us too much. God, help us because we certainly can't do enough and too many people are just running wild.

The funny thing was that you don't even need to be so close to the gate as they will announce the number before people come inside, I don't know they chose to be so adamant
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
seunak2016:
what's the bank excuse for not allowing 901 code for transfer to work on phone ?

They said they have a bad network, but I know that they decided to disable the code to lessen banking activities
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:41am On Mar 31, 2020
xcelentattitude:

shocked The sun was burning as hell at 10:15am

kukuma kee me na grin

What now happened around 1pm

Is either you're lying or you are not saying the truth. grin

By the way, I stay in FCT too.

Those who should complain about the sun around that period should be those living in Gwagwalada and it's environs.

I schooled in uniabuja bro, sun their is something else, but standing under the sun without shade for more than 2 hours ain't joke, the sun was stylishly penetrating and hurting the skin
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Hello Nairalanders

This is my little experience with access bank today Garki market road and Area 3 Abuja branches.

Time check its 09:45
I was watching movies and lazying around lol
grin when March salary hit my phone, and as usual I decided to use my usual *901# code to transfer some funds into my beneficiaries account and boom, it wasn't working, I did it like 10 times and it was showing time out error, I got worried and tried it for the last time and it displayed, number not registered, then I was shocked because that's is the same phone number I have always used in making fund transfers and bill payment, then many thought was running wild in my head.

I picked up my self and dashed out to the bank, I arrived the bank at 10:15 am and I meet a crowd and they were observing zero social distancing outside the bank and I was given number 305 :I
I was like kuku kill me, and the sun was burning like hell,

I decided to check out another branch at area 3 garki abuja and I met crowd waiting hopelessly outside I was like what da hell, this is not even day one yet of the covid 19 lock down and it felt like the world is already collapsing grin,

I decided to collect another number to wait for my turn and I was given 173, funny enough big men and women with fast cars ain't given number, they just come and walk right in, and the rest of us outside will be raining insult on the security people grin

It ain't funny though, after what felt like forever, it got to my turn and I did all my transaction and left, time check 2:55pm

Guys the coming days will be very rough, I advice you all to go withdraw all the money u can and restock your kitchen, it will get to a point when it will become almost impossible to make withdrawals as average Nigerian will not want to save but withdraw these coming days and the bank will use network as an excuse not to load money in their ATM or pay through the counter.
Mode abeg move to wider audience to create awareness.

P.s other branches of banks are closing down, it's only few that was left open according to my observation.

People Complain for nothing. You visited ths bank during lockdown why?... The bank was magnanimous to attend to you and you are complaining why?. What of th es bank staff staying and working even through The pandemic dong u think that they are afraid and have families..... man up and stop being childish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:44am On Mar 31, 2020
SmartyPants:

Are you trying to collapse the economy sir?

What do you mean, Do you think if everyone decide to withdraw money from bank the economy will collapse, their is what we called economy circle in economics, those money you withdraw will still go back to the bank, directly or indirectly, when you use the money to buy an item, the seller will not want to go home with the bulky cash at the end of the day and will deposit same in the bank, so he could request for it in future time to restock his shop, even if you give the money to someone as a gift, it ends up returning to the bank, it's called creation of money
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:47am On Mar 31, 2020
erico2k2:

in the few coming days ur worries should not be Money, The C virus is real

Baba hunger go kill you faster than c virus after all, it's not a death sentence, many people have survived the virus
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 4:51am On Mar 31, 2020
espionagesavvy:

People Complain for nothing. You visited ths bank during lockdown why?... The bank was magnanimous to attend to you and you are complaining why?. What of th es bank staff staying and working even through The pandemic dong u think that they are afraid and have families..... man up and atop being childish.

If you where patient enough to read the write up you will see the part where I said I got a salary alert and decided to send money to my parents and siblings, so they could restock the house, personally I don't fo panic buying or withdrawing, had it been I had spare cash prior before yesterday, I would have sorted them out, but I was waiting for salary to do that, hope you understand better now, cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:07am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Hello Nairalanders

This is my little experience with access bank today Garki market road and Area 3 Abuja branches.

Let me get this...

You went to a bank in the midst of a viral pandemic...
You and others were made to wait outside for the safety of staff who didn't sign up to be killed.

You had the sun beat down on you in Nigeria in March...
You and the rest of the ADULTs outside CHOSE not to observe social distancing.

At the end of it all...
You got your money and left. Okay, carry on...SMH

Apparently some folks think that these are normal times and it's normal operations for businesses and banks. SMH undecided
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:13am On Mar 31, 2020
SharpJoe:
Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.
We need mass testing for Covid-19 virus in Nigeria. Not Lockdown alone.

Are they doing lockdown alone? shocked
Are they not getting new test kits and equipment, opening new labs and isolation centers, and treating cases?! SMH
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:15am On Mar 31, 2020
TallPck1:
I now understand what Trump meant whe he called Africa a shithole.

Brace up everyone. Winter is here.

God please have mercy on your children.

Meanwhile, Americans are falling like flies...
While Trump is struggles to pull his head out of his own sh*thole. SMH

>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 5:22am On Mar 31, 2020
9jaRealist:

Let me get this...

You went to a bank in the midst of a viral pandemic...
You and others were made to wait outside for the safety of staff who didn't sign up to be killed.

You had the sun beat down on you in Nigeria in March...
You and the rest of the ADULTs outside CHOSE not to observe social distancing.

At the end of it all...
You got your money and left. Okay, carry on...SMH

Apparently some folks think that these are normal times and it's normal operations for businesses and banks. SMH undecided
>

Well it was because I got salary alert and needed to send money to my family
I tried the code it wasn't working and so I went to the bank, ordinarily I wouldn't go to bank today
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by englishmart(m): 5:23am On Mar 31, 2020
gnykelly:

read that loud to your family members
Course, but yours isn't exempted

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:24am On Mar 31, 2020
phransix2:
We don't actually practise banking in Nigeria... Banks that will deliberately load N1K notes in their ATM and u can't withdrawal more than 10k at once just to make sure they collect that charge for using their ATM. Nobody is checkmating these guys...

You seem think it's only in Nigeria that they charge ATM fees perhaps because you have not traveled abroad...
Meanwhile, in those other countries, the bank does not have to buy a generator and diesel to keep the ATM working.
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:29am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Well it was because I got salary alert and needed to send money to my family
I tried the code it wasn't working and so I went to the bank, ordinarily I wouldn't go to bank today

Understood, and no issues with that...
But you also have to anticipate that things might not function normally under the circumstances.

PS: Btw, there has been an increase in hacking activities since this pandemic...
No idea if that was why there were problems with your account identity, but that's something to watch out for.

Happy Lockdown. grin
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Coldie:
To me some cities have no business locking down. But u guess everyone wants to form busy

Abuja receives people from all over Nigeria and the world (until the airports were shut)...
It's thus a veritable petri dish for an imported viral pandemic such as Covid-19. Definitely needs a lockdown, isolation and distancing.
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:38am On Mar 31, 2020
Punctual:
I'm currently concerned about those who doesn't earn salary, who depend only on daily income. Please is there anything our government is doing to help this one's?

Yes...
And knowing Nigerians, many others who don't need the welfare will still try to get it. embarassed
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2020
phransix2:
We don't actually practise banking in Nigeria... Banks that will deliberately load N1K notes in their ATM and u can't withdrawal more than 10k at once just to make sure they collect that charge for using their ATM. Nobody is checkmating these guys...]
zicoraads:

Yeah... I remember back then, one could actually withdraw a whole lot of money. Now one can't withdraw more than 10k at once.

Perhaps, it's just your bank or account...
>
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Toluprazzy: 5:45am On Mar 31, 2020
You seem to me like someone who is young so you should get this. You should have ATM, USSD and Bank mobile application and let traditional banking be. How can you dry yourself for hours simply because you want to withdraw. All three options cannot fail at the same time bro.

And some people are here rubbing your ignorance. If I worked in a bank, i wont go to work. Do you know the number of customers they are exposed to everyday?

And you said rich man entered? Helllllllloooooo...before nko?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by pfadom: 6:06am On Mar 31, 2020
What portrays Africa as shithole in this matter. Do you know how Amrricans clears stores and supermarkets of groceries and toiletries in a couple of days in virtually every states of the US?

You just feel like ridiculing your root at every opportunity.

TallPck1:

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by pfadom: 6:11am On Mar 31, 2020
Please read the story again. The man resorted to ATM only when 10 attempts to make transfer via USSD failed. This could have been intentional from the bank to check panic withdrawal and to keep the banks afloat.

Toluprazzy:
You seem to me like someone who is young so you should get this. You should have ATM, USSD and Bank mobile application and let traditional banking be. How can you dry yourself for hours simply because you want to withdraw. All three options cannot fail at the same time bro.

And some people are here rubbing your ignorance. If I worked in a bank, i wont go to work. Do you know the number of customers they are exposed to everyday?

And you said rich man entered? Helllllllloooooo...before nko?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by deltateam: 6:15am On Mar 31, 2020
iammo:
Access Bank isn't a Bank,i closed my diamond account when they merged with access

It wasn't a merge but an acquisition or take over. If they hadn't intervened I believe your money would have vamoosed.

Now instead of being grateful to them for saving you from Diamond Bank you are here bragging.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Aystarz: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2020
TallPck1:

"When the snow falls and the white wind blows, the lone wolf wolf dies but the pack survives". Nigerians need to bind together in these perilous times. There's only little else we can do at this moment.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Aystarz: 6:22am On Mar 31, 2020
udoka55555:
What about me that doesn't have a job?

Money no dey bank...

And I am not expecting anything but hunger this April....

People like me don't have any business with banks for now.

Some had what seemed like a job till Corona show face. Now, they have either been sacked or still have their salaries hanging in mid-air because company didn't make profit.

So your case, my friend, might not be the worst.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Oluwaseunbandur: 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
phransix2:
We don't actually practise banking in Nigeria... Banks that will deliberately load N1K notes in their ATM and u can't withdrawal more than 10k at once just to make sure they collect that charge for using their ATM. Nobody is checkmating these guys...

The CBN knows about it, your government knows about it
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by yesloaded: 6:40am On Mar 31, 2020
LifeIssues101:

There is alot of account numbers posted today online. Even if you want to help, who do know is genuine?
That's just it

Some don't truly need help but just wanna take advantage of the season
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Coldie(m): 6:50am On Mar 31, 2020
9jaRealist:

Abuja receives people from all over Nigeria and the world (until the airports were shut)...
It's thus a veritable petri dish for an imported viral pandemic such as Covid-19. Definitely needs a lockdown, isolation and distancing.
>
I don't mean Abuja I mean some other States
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:57am On Mar 31, 2020
nonny400:

I sometimes find this "widows" funny. Nobody thinks of widowers, only widows. Women, learn to find something to do, so as not to be totally dependent on your husband. When he's no more, you can move on with life easily.
I think people remember widows more than widowers because of the way widows are treated after their husbands die. Some are striped off everything they are their husbands worked for thrown out by their husbands families. But no widower ever goes through that
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by mu2sa2: 7:00am On Mar 31, 2020
AMvanquish:
@ OP. You would have calm down and give it some time. It would eventually work, they usually have this downtime esp end of the month as I have noticed...
GTBank disappoints me like this too month ends but I give it some few hours and try again
God bless you. Everyone knows that month end is salary period in nigeria and these sort of things happen, corona or no corona.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by adanny01(m): 7:04am On Mar 31, 2020
phransix2:

There is this first bank branch with 6 ATMs.

Whenever there is no cash in them, they block the card hole in all the ATMs. I asked a friend who works at the bank why they do that cos some people would like to use the ATM for transactions other than cash withdrawal.

His response was shocking. Apparently, all ATMs are rated for their service to customers. The more failed cash transactions there are the lower the rating for the ATM. So when they actually donot have money in the ATMs, they prefer to lock them so that their ratings will not be affected by people who attempt to withdraw cash.

In essence, their ATMs have a very good rated record but the is false.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by mu2sa2: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2020
espionagesavvy:

People Complain for nothing. You visited ths bank during lockdown why?... The bank was magnanimous to attend to you and you are complaining why?. What of th es bank staff staying and working even through The pandemic dong u think that they are afraid and have families..... man up and stop being childish.
You're even being charitable to him - foolish is more appropriate, not childish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Frigoglass N10bn Glass Factory In Agbara, Ogun State (Photos) / Jennifer Obayuwana's Breguet Wrist Watch / See A Suitcase Man Ordered From Jumia, See What He Got (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.