Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) (74831 Views)

Shade Okoya Flaunts Her Massive Bathroom Amid COVID-19 Lockdown / Is It Advisable To Leave Money In The Bank During This Time? / Is It Advisable To Leave Money In The Bank During This Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by mu2sa2: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2020
pfadom:
What portrays Africa as shithole in this matter. Do you know how Amrricans clears stores and supermarkets of groceries and toiletries in a couple of days in virtually every states of the US?

You just feel like ridiculing your root at every opportunity.

There are lots of brats on nl these days. A racist uses a derogatory term and they stupidly parrot the term insulting themselves!
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Toluprazzy: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2020
pfadom:
Please read the story again. The man resorted to ATM only when 10 attempts to make transfer via USSD failed. This could have been intentional from the bank to check panic withdrawal and to keep the banks afloat.

Lol...so the bank handicapped transfer but ATM withdrawal was successful...its not our kind of money banks use to keep afloat. Stop flattering yourselves! Be on as many bank platforms as possible. Get the point.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Toluprazzy: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2020
adanny01:

There is this first bank branch with 6 ATMs.

Whenever there is no cash in them, they block the card hole in all the ATMs. I asked a friend who works at the bank why they do that cos some people would like to use the ATM for transactions other than cash withdrawal.

His response was shocking. Apparently, all ATMs are rated for their service to customers. The more failed cash transactions there are the lower the rating for the ATM. So when they actually donot have money in the ATMs, they prefer to lock them so that their ratings will not be affected by people who attempt to withdraw cash.

In essence, their ATMs have a very good rated record but the is false.

False. Tell him he is not smart. Because my best friend works there and he is still rated for low transaction counts. Dont believe gibberish
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Well, sperm banks dey. But that's not d point
so the sperm came from goat abi
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2020
englishmart:
Course, but yours isn't exempted

I reject that...that portion is for your household
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Subomi007: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2020
emkz:
Access Bank has been in the news lately for negative reasons. I am wondering if they have capacity after buying Intercontinental and Diamond Banks.

Access is such a useless bank, with poor customer service..... I just need to close the account.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Gandollaar(f): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2020
Armstrong34:
Shebi na the same Access Bank donate N1billion ontop this Covik-one nine matter..

Let it not be what am thinking o....
hahahaha grin
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 7:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I schooled in uniabuja bro, sun their is something else, but standing under the sun without shade for more than 2 hours ain't joke, the sun was stylishly penetrating and hurting the skin

I'm sure you understood my point. There was a bit of exaggeration in that part, simple! wink
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 31, 2020
delpee:

You're absolutely right. This is the time to be of greater help to our less privileged neighbours, family members and friends.

Yes, truly... Do it for God
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Ezmans:
plys if you live near abule ado remember the bomb blast victims bcs they been forgotten by the oppressors embarassed embarassed

Okay sir.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by loswhite(m): 8:04am On Mar 31, 2020
nonny400:

I sometimes find this "widows" funny. Nobody thinks of widowers, only widows. Women, learn to find something to do, so as not to be totally dependent on your husband. When he's no more, you can move on with life easily.
lol don't mind them ....they want to over burden men to death
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Preferito(m): 8:05am On Mar 31, 2020
I think I will create a thread to let people know how ECOBANK unprofessional attitude and negligence is costing me my 4 months salary.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by KahlDrogo(m): 8:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Gandollaar:
hahahaha grin
I am still on your case my lof. kiss kiss
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2020
Openbusiness:

What of the homeless and outcasts? Remember them too in your prayers

-They are under the category of the poor and oppressed. God will visit them through men like us.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by sholws(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Do not be stupid, if people do not deposit at the bank, do u think they will be able to give out loans and profit.
It's the banks duty to remain liquid at all times, when the bank can't meet it's maturing obligation I.e pay it's depositors, the bank should liquidate or allow NDIC to take over
espionagesavvy:

People Complain for nothing. You visited ths bank during lockdown why?... The bank was magnanimous to attend to you and you are complaining why?. What of th es bank staff staying and working even through The pandemic dong u think that they are afraid and have families..... man up and stop being childish.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by adanny01(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Toluprazzy:

False. Tell him he is not smart. Because my best friend works there and he is still rated for low transaction counts. Dont believe gibberish

Am not talking about a he, am talking about their ATMs.

Did you even read what i posted?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Torie8(f): 8:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Hello Nairalanders

This is my little experience with access bank today Garki market road and Area 3 Abuja branches.

Time check its 09:45
I was watching movies and lazying around lol
grin when March salary hit my phone, and as usual I decided to use my usual *901# code to transfer some funds into my beneficiaries account and boom, it wasn't working, I did it like 10 times and it was showing time out error, I got worried and tried it for the last time and it displayed, number not registered, then I was shocked because that's is the same phone number I have always used in making fund transfers and bill payment, then many thought was running wild in my head.

I picked up my self and dashed out to the bank, I arrived the bank at 10:15 am and I meet a crowd and they were observing zero social distancing outside the bank and I was given number 305 :I
I was like kuku kill me, and the sun was burning like hell,

I decided to check out another branch at area 3 garki abuja and I met crowd waiting hopelessly outside I was like what da hell, this is not even day one yet of the covid 19 lock down and it felt like the world is already collapsing grin,

I decided to collect another number to wait for my turn and I was given 173, funny enough big men and women with fast cars ain't given number, they just come and walk right in, and the rest of us outside will be raining insult on the security people grin

It ain't funny though, after what felt like forever, it got to my turn and I did all my transaction and left, time check 2:55pm

Guys the coming days will be very rough, I advice you all to go withdraw all the money u can and restock your kitchen, it will get to a point when it will become almost impossible to make withdrawals as average Nigerian will not want to save but withdraw these coming days and the bank will use network as an excuse not to load money in their ATM or pay through the counter.
Mode abeg move to wider audience to create awareness.

P.s other branches of banks are closing down, it's only few that was left open according to my observation.
You needed to see the one after Garki market, mhen it was hell.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2020
nonny400:

I sometimes find this "widows" funny. Nobody thinks of widowers, only widows. Women, learn to find something to do, so as not to be totally dependent on your husband. When he's no more, you can move on with life easily.

Please, this is not the time to debate in the present perilous wind blowing in Nigeria. Take note that your mention is a fault finding, very poor and unkind analysis.

How will the widows and children feed from their source of income when there is a total lockdown? Should we because of your castigating analysis cast out the widows that are trapped by full housewives responsibilities before the demise of their husbands?

Remember, love is kind, love is not fault findings. But I can't see these traits in your mention, especially in this emergency period. Go and do something please.

Lastly, women are weaker vessels because men are designed as the head and the society favours the men most. Nevertheless, widowers are remembered too! Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by MicroSweet(m): 8:46am On Mar 31, 2020
Punctual:
I'm currently concerned about those who doesn't earn salary, who depend only on daily income. Please is there anything our government is doing to help this one's?
Nothing. I'm here. You could start by helping me. It's crazy.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Bimpe29: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2020
Seriously, governance is hibernating at the moment in Nigeria.
Otherwise, banking transactions and other essential services are to done ceaselessly any day any time.
Considering the lockdown, we should be made comfortable by the government through its enforcement, regulations and good governance.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Toluprazzy: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2020
adanny01:

Am not talking about a he, am talking about their ATMs.

Did you even read what i posted?

Ok. Tell him/her that the ATMs are rated low if they dont pay. Blocked or not! Understood?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Black11: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Why dont you send them a mail and I am sure someone there would look into it for you.
EngContactcentre@ecobank.com.
Preferito:
I think I will create a thread to let people know how ECOBANK unprofessional attitude and negligence is costing me my 4 months salary.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by adanny01(m): 9:46am On Mar 31, 2020
Toluprazzy:

Ok. Tell him/her that the ATMs are rated low if they dont pay. Blocked or not! Understood?

Isn't that what i said? Am now sure you didn't read my post or you didn't comprehend.

They block the ATM because they didn't put money in it. Which means no one can even put his card in it since if anyone tries to withdraw and it doesn't pay, their rating will go down.

This makes them keep a high rating all the time even while actually not in service.

If the atm is blocked, can anyone try it?

Are you trying to say you know more than the branch manager who told me this?

Pls go back and read my initial post cost you are just starting to understand it.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by encryptjay(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2020
Some people don't read. He needed to transfer cash to his beneficiaries and it failed so he had to go to the bank. Haba!
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Arysexy(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2020
What will be the fate of these banks as people are now withdrawing without depositing? Most traders that are source of deposit fund to banks have been asked to stay at home.

I see a scenario where banks will run short of deposits funds for ATMs and over the counter withdrawals if this lock down is not reversed early.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 10:21am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:

What do you mean, Do you think if everyone decide to withdraw money from bank the economy will collapse, their is what we called economy circle in economics, those money you withdraw will still go back to the bank, directly or indirectly, when you use the money to buy an item, the seller will not want to go home with the bulky cash at the end of the day and will deposit same in the bank, so he could request for it in future time to restock his shop, even if you give the money to someone as a gift, it ends up returning to the bank, it's called creation of money

You have not learned enough economics then.

1. It times like this people do not spend money. Those withdraw it will do so to keep their money safe for fear that they may need it in an emergency.

2. The sellers are also people with the same mindset.

3. The banks do not keep anywhere near enough physical cash to dispense to everyone who has money in the bank. It is physically impossible for them to pay. What you are advising will lead to what is called a run-on-the-banks, which is one of the most devastating things that could happen to any economy built around the modern financial system.

read more:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bankrun.asp

P.s: You also need to learn more about the creation of money. It involves the loan system, and not mere circulation as you described.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2017/10/31/how-bank-lending-really-creates-money-and-why-the-magic-money-tree-is-not-cost-free/
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by nonny400(m): 10:21am On Mar 31, 2020
Wolgrace:

Please, this is not the time to debate in the present perilous wind blowing in Nigeria. Take note that your mention is a fault finding, very poor and unkind analysis.

How will the widows and children feed from their source of income when there is a total lockdown? Should we because of your castigating analysis cast out the widows that are trapped by full housewives responsibilities before the demise of their husbands?

Remember, love is kind, love is not fault findings. But I can't see these traits in your mention, especially in this emergency period. Go and do something please.

Lastly, women are weaker vessels because men are designed as the head and the society favours the men most. Nevertheless, widowers are remembered too! Thanks

Bros, all these you wrote are not necessary. Stop mentioning me please. I never said widows don't deserve help. I pointed out that widowers are also human beings, and also pointed out that women should be empowered enough to cushion the effect of the death of their spouse.

Please avoid my mentions.

I have a widowed mother too. I know our struggles, growing up, so don't go there please.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by nonny400(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I think people remember widows more than widowers because of the way widows are treated after their husbands die. Some are striped off everything they are their husbands worked for thrown out by their husbands families. But no widower ever goes through that

Yeah, you're right. My mum went through such also.

My point is, if these women are empowered to do business or work when the hubby is still alive, at least when he's dead it won't be all doom and gloom for them.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Baba hunger go kill you faster than c virus after all, it's not a death sentence, many people have survived the virus
U dont get it, in reality you can live on water for almost two weeks during war time cos ur body will react if you have seen what I have seen with this corona virus you will be praying and fasting for two weeks!
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2020
SmartyPants:

You have not learned enough economics then.

1. It times like this people do not spend money. Those withdraw it will do so to keep their money safe for fear that they may need it in an emergency.

2. The sellers are also people with the same mindset.

3. The banks do not keep anywhere near enough physical cash to dispense to everyone who has money in the bank. It is physically impossible for them to pay. What you are advising will lead to what is called a run-on-the-banks, which is one of the most devastating things that could happen to any economy built around the modern financial system.

read more:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bankrun.asp

P.s: You also need to learn more about the creation of money. It involves the loan system, and not mere circulation as you described.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2017/10/31/how-bank-lending-really-creates-money-and-why-the-magic-money-tree-is-not-cost-free/

And you forgot IRR

What happens when a bank goes on liquidation, do account holders loose their cash, that's where IRR comes to play , go to advanced countries, you don't loose your deposit no matter what happenes to the bank, so therefore if everyone makes withdrawal especially the average Nigeria the bank will just be fine, infact an average Nigerians save 10% of their earning after all expenses
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2020
nonny400:

Bros, all these you wrote are not necessary. Stop mentioning me please. I never said widows don't deserve help. I pointed out that widowers are also human beings, and also pointed out that women should be empowered enough to cushion the effect of the death of their spouse.

Please avoid my mentions.

I have a widowed mother too. I know our struggles, growing up, so don't go there please.

Egoistic approach of view, and adding more salt to injuries. This is your problem! I called on people's attention for help, which is aim to heal injuries and give hope but you brought up unkind, tongue piercing, and venomous analysis on what women should do in this present storms which is aim at castigating jobless widows? IS THAT THE NEXT THING YOU SHOULD THINK OR SAY?

When people mention widows, you think widowers are left out? Lack of comprehension will consume you!

I got a mention urging me to also remember the outcast and homeless, but you are debating. Rubbish!
Re: My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) by nonny400(m): 10:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Wolgrace:

Egoistic approach of view, and adding more salt to injuries. This is your problem! I called on people's attention for help, which is aim to heal injuries and give hope but you brought up unkind, tongue piercing, and venomous analysis on what women should do in this present storms which is aim at castigating jobless widows? IS THAT THE NEXT THING YOU SHOULD THINK OR SAY?

When people mention widows, you think widowers are left out? Lack of comprehension will consume you!

I got a mention urging me to also remember the outcast and homeless, but you are debating. Rubbish!

K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / Frigoglass N10bn Glass Factory In Agbara, Ogun State (Photos) / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.