Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before (7348 Views)

Please help me recommend any authentic hookup site for runs girls / I Have No Job Or Talent But I Give Very Good Blowjobs - Female UNILAG Graduate / This Is The Most Mature And Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo You've Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2020
Sotland:
Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer.
Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
The october horse by colleen Macullough

I can't stop loving this novels

I remember Jeffrey Archer. I remember a friend of mine that loved his books if I recall correctly.
Not a big fan of old Shakespeare novels, but I admit it is nice in a kind of way. The October horse? Never heard of it but will check it out.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 01, 2020
Femzaremz:
the harry potter series by j.k rowling v.c andrews the dollanganger series, rick riordan, the percy jackson series and most books by stephen king.

You're the second person recommending Steven King. Is he that good? Never read any of his books.

Thanks and keep reading.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 01, 2020
Sheuns:
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Alexander the Great - Jacob Abott
Richest Man in Babylon - George Samuel Clason

I downloaded the books from Apple Books. I didn’t know where to get them physically.

Thank Sheuns. Have read clasons book and it's the best financial literacy book ever. Will like to read of Alexander but the issue like you said is they are hard to find on Nigeria. Is that a business opportunity for a shrewd businessman? Maybe and maybe not. Who knows?

Thank you bro!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin try read "the masters of d game" by Sidney sheldon

Thanks drmikeadams. Where did you buy it? Sidney has been around a long time now. His books are hard to find.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by drmikeadams(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Thanks drmikeadams. Where did you buy it? Sidney has been around a long time now. His books are hard to find.
grin grin.been long oo,, Read it when I use to love reading novels,,u can try downloading it
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sotland: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

I remember Jeffrey Archer. I remember a friend of mine that loved his books if I recall correctly.
Not a big fan of old Shakespeare novels, but I admit it is nice in a kind of way. The October horse? Never heard of it but will check it out.

Archer is such a good author.. Kane & Abel full of suspense.. Truly I love that novel, took quite some days to read the entire novel.. At the end of every chapter, you won't want to close the book.. Back then, i almost failed a test because of the novel hehehe
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sheuns(m): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Thank Sheuns. Have read clasons book and it's the best financial literacy book ever. Will like to read of Alexander but the issue like you said is they are hard to find on Nigeria. Is that a business opportunity for a shrewd businessman? Maybe and maybe not. Who knows?

Thank you bro!

Well it seems a good business opportunity, if taken in the right step. Copyright rules and all.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2020
Sotland:

Archer is such a good author.. Kane & Abel full of suspense.. Truly I love that novel, took quite some days to read the entire novel.. At the end of every chapter, you won't want to close the book.. Back then, i almost failed a test because of the novel hehehe

Almost failed a test!!! That's hilarious! I can relate very well. Many days, when lost in a story, I will forget to eat, bath and do ther essential things. Hhaha. But the good thing is that reading makes us better. we can think better and come up with creative answers even when we are dont know it specifically like those that read from sunrise to sunset, we still pass like them. I think thats how I passed throughout my school days.
Good times!

Keep reading bro.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin.been long oo,, Read it when I use to love reading novels,,u can try downloading it

Ha! Dont break my heart brother. You've stopped reading now? Pls rediscover that love!! Its amazing and you have experienced it. Yes life comes, but its an amazing pleasure we can give ourselves, right? Right.

Keep reading bro. Good luck.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sotland: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Almost failed a test!!! That's hilarious! I can relate very well. Many days, when lost in a story, I will forget to eat, bath and do ther essential things. Hhaha. But the good thing is that reading makes us better. we can think better and come up with creative answers even when we are dont know it specifically like those that read from sunrise to sunset, we still pass like them. I think thats how I passed throughout my school days.
Good times!

Keep reading bro.

Keep reading? I have lost that part of me that loves reading.. Now, we are in the world of survival of the fittest.. Even if you have millions today, Govt could come up with a policy that will run down your millions into thousands..Gobe! Bro now, its all about meeting financial target, exceeding it and creating another target.. The only reading I get to do these days is researching whatever can increase my pocket and strategies to achieve it.. Gone are the days of reading for pleasure, such days may be reinstall but not now. This is what this messed up society has laid for common citizens..Always survive of the fittest...hehehe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lamanii22(f): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Nice one Lamanii22. Amazing novels you got there. I found that reading expands the mind in very interesting ways. The twelve silver cups book, is it the one by Enid Blyton? If it is, it seems rare as even Amazon does not have it but BookDepository has it. I found it via a Google search. Costs only $7 throw in shipping you get maybe $10. I think you can buy it as a keepsake and for the good memories sake.

And yeah, as for lending people your books, Ive found it almost never ends well. If they like it, then they should go buy it themselves!

As for the Godfather, the movie is nothing compared to the book. The movie is like 2/100 while the book is 100/100. Best I've ever read.

Thanks for the recommendations.

And yeah, keep reading girl!

Awwwwn. I'd love to read "the godfather" ... I'd buy it then.... You're very much welcome Hun!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by IGBOPRESIDENT(m): 11:27am On Apr 01, 2020
BEAST OF MANY COLOURS by Emmanuel Ifediata

Na Italian book oh. It will hook you from the beginning to the end.

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Meedon: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2020
Try and read "Shy Boy" by Daniel Emmanuel

But it is a romance novel sha
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Koralords: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Currently reading frederik forsyth the deciever
After that going for the raise and fall of adolf hitler
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
IGBOPRESIDENT:
BEAST OF MANY COLOURS by Emmanuel Ifediata

Na Italian book oh. It will hook you from the beginning to the end.

Nice one Igbopresident . I'm pretty sure there are many good Nigerian authors, but they seem to have absolutely no exposure or publicity. Its the first time I'm hearing of this author, who you say wrote such an excellent book. Its just sad. Whatever the case, we who read have a duty to ourselves to grow our intellect through the simple pleasure of reading.

I hope my bros up there who stopped can rediscover the power of reading. I run three businesses(soon to be four) on the side, in addition to my main job, and I can say its all due to the power of reading. I've been guided in amazing ways by recalling things I've read.

Its amazing. Thank you for bringing this author to my attention.

Gracias. Keep reading bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
Meedon:
Try and read "Shy Boy" by Daniel Emmanuel

But it is a romance novel sha

Thanks meedon . Haha. Romance novels are not for me! haha. I can see its attraction, but I just think its mainly written with a female audience in mind!! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure those with an interest will take ction on the rec.

Thanks again, and keep looking up.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Femzaremz(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

You're the second person recommending Steven King. Is he that good? Never read any of his books.

Thanks and keep reading.
yeah he's pretty good ie if you like horror fiction.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Koralords:
Currently reading frederik forsyth the deciever
After that going for the raise and fall of adolf hitler

Happy to see a fellow book lover. High five Koralord! Googled Frederic Forsyth now and he has quite the book portfolio. Sad I've never read any of it. The fact the Deceiver was wriiten against the backdrop of the Cold War makes it an interesting future read.
Thank you for notifying me.

And yeah, keep reading homie!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
Femzaremz:
yeah he's pretty good ie if you like horror fiction.

That settles it then, Will remember it in my next batch of books to order for.

Thank you for the rec.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Yohans(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Meedon: 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Thanks meedon . Haha. Romance novels are not for me! haha. I can see its attraction, but I just think its mainly written with a female audience in mind!! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure those with an interest will take ction on the rec.

Yeah you are welcome
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Yohans(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
A matter of honour by Jeffrey Archer
Shoot to kill by Peter Byrnes
Taking chances by Ann Omasta
Mossflower by Brian Jacques.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by snitchbitch: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
1. Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe.

2. The Accidental Public Servant by Nasiru El Rufai (former fct minister)

3.My command by General Olusegun Obasanjo

4. Wives Revolt by John Pepper Clark

5. Harry potter and the prisoners of azkaban by j k rowlings
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Retrography(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:
Thanks Corona. Nice one. Another I've read is:
1. Plum Island by Nelson DeMille(crime/historical)
2. Ikeja, N500
3. The General's Daughter by same author

Nice collections dear brother.
Nelson is a very good master-story teller.

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Retrography(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lamanii22:
No greater love by Danielle Steele
Johnny angel by Danielle Steele
A time to kill by john grisham
Naked came the stranger(can't remember the author)

I got them from a store not far from my house...

I probably got some for N300 and others N500..

Funny how I don't have them again... Neighbours would be like "please borrow me"... You'd feel reluctant to lend them.. After giving them, you'd give them like 5 days to finish it... When you eventually ask, they'd start saying " I'd bring it" "oh I forgot".... Til you stop asking...

The most painful novel I lost was " the twelve silver cups" my dad gave me that book... I was in primary 3 then, my senior asked for it, he said he was gonna return it the next day... As a kind girl I gave him... His friends were even telling me not to lend him I didn't listen... Til tomorrow ooo... He never returned it... I don't know if I'm ever gonna find it... All the stores I have checked so far don't have it...

Oh.. I feel your pain.
Have you gone through these?

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
Retrography:

Nice collections dear brother.
Nelson is a very good master-story teller.

Retrography, you're amazing! I've the Gold Coast right here with me. That novel is like a cross between The Great Gatsby and The Godfather. Its beautiful! A mafia don and a WASP coming in contact. Novel was great. Nelson's one of the best, though The General's Daughter does not rise to the amazing standard of his other novels, it is still great in its own way.
I think I bought it for N500 at Ikeja many years ago. Still have it. Not giving it up soon. haha.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
There's also this novel I bought years ago, around 2003 at Oshodi while coming from Boarding school then. Cabinet of Curiosities about the search for a drug that makes one immortal.
Still remember that novel to this day. I think its part of the Pendergast series.

If anyone know where it can be got, pls drop.

Thanks all.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sayotsuki: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
A time to kill- John Grisham

The whole Harry Potter series- J.k Rowling this one is the bomb

Pelican brief- John Grisham

Flowers in the attic- VC Andrews

Kafka on the shore- Takashi Murakami

The fault in our stars- John Green

Looking for Alaska- John Green

The Alchemist- Paul Coelho

Misery- Stephen King

One of us is lying- Karen McManus ( it’s really good)

There’s a whole lot of books I’ve read that’s actually good but these ones are the best if you need more kindly specify.

I got them pretty much everywhere I can’t remember the price, if you like reading on phones you can use an app called “anybook” it has pretty much any book you want (pun intended)

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sayotsuki:
A time to kill- John Grisham

The whole Harry Potter series- J.k Rowling this one is the bomb

Pelican brief- John Grisham

Flowers in the attic- VC Andrews

Kafka on the shore- Takashi Murakami

The fault in our stars- John Green

Looking for Alaska- John Green

The Alchemist- Paul Coelho

Misery- Stephen King

One of us is lying- Karen McManus ( it’s really good)

There’s a whole lot of books I’ve read that’s actually good but these ones are the best if you need more kindly specify.

I got them pretty much everywhere I can’t remember the price, if you like reading on phones you can use an app called “anybook” it has pretty much any book you want (pun intended)

Thank you, Sayotsuki, my Japanese name friend! You're great. Thats a lot! Once I saw your profile name, I knew this is someone with an appreciation of Japanese culture, am I correct? Have you ever been there? If not, do you intend going someday?

Its one of those things reading does for one. It expands our mind.

For the books, if you say so, then I'll accept it as such. No questions asked. They're filed for future reference.

Thank you my Japanese friend!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by themayor4542(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Portrait in sepia by Isabel Allende
Lenardo's swan by Karen Essex.
The witch of Colone can't remember the author.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yohans:
A matter of honour by Jeffrey Archer
Shoot to kill by Peter Byrnes
Taking chances by Ann Omasta
Mossflower by Brian Jacques.

Thanks for the heads up, Yohans, a lot of guys seem to love Jeffrey. I never understood why. I think I will give his books a shot one of these days.

The other authors are new to me, but I guess if you recommend them, then their books are worth it.

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
themayor4542:
Portrait in sepia by Isabel Allende
Lenardo's swan by Karen Essex.
The witch of Colone can't remember the author.

Ha! Portrait in sepia! the great sequel to Allende's Daughter of Fortune. A great book. Fully recommended here. Where did you buy it bro?

The witch of colone. Is that a fantasy genre book?

Thanks themayor4542. Keep looking up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another Broke Nairaland Guy Just Displayed His Stupidity. Rubbish. / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, Please What Should I Do / If Your Sister Brings Home This Man Is Husband To Be, Will U Endorse The Marriag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.