Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

@-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} (8244 Views)

Innovative Skills Empowerment For Youths & Adults - Monetize Your Skills / Free Agric Training And Empowerment / Currently Hiring Farm Managers 150-250k/month -APPLICATION CLOSED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Aadebhayor . . .Has no Pen; But a land to build a pen: This means that the applicant is NOT really ready and have no space to hold the pen from day 1
Escodeb . . Applicant does NOT have a pen to keep the bird because those images sent to us will NOT be ideal to take care of any bird
Blinkz4real . . Has a deal to use a Pen few km to his house (We need to be sure he will be able to pend first few weeks to take proper care of the birds)
Ineedjob4school . . Has a pen BUT waiting till confirmed a winner before renovating
HAYSHIRES . . .Have no Pen but waiting till he is a winner before building a pen
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Based on the above . . . .
Aadebhayor
Escodeb
HAYSHIRES

Are hereby disqualified because there is no pen at all to keep the birds . . .From day 1, we need someone that has a place where to keep the Day Old Chicks (DOC) till they are matured and ready to be sold
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
This left us with
Ineedajob4school
Blinkz4real

Please Escodeb & Blinkz4real, we need both of you to do the following:

Send us detail plan of how you will market and sell 100 birds and how long will you think it will take you
Please note we will like to know how you plan to make profit in this business and plan for continuity
How do you plan to build on this opportunity

Deadline: April 24th, 2020 by 8am Nigerian time
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by peaceland(m): 4:00am On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:
This left us with
Escodeb
Blinkz4real

Please Escodeb & Blinkz4real, we need both of you to do the following:

Send us detail plan of how you will market and sell 100 birds and how long will you think it will take you
Please note we will like to know how you plan to make profit in this business and plan for continuity

Deadline: April 24th, 2020 by 8am Nigerian time
Appears I missed a post or the names of the finalist are mixed up, if the later, since you have added him, i know it's business but can I appeal you retain and still add the right person. I mean Esco and ineedjob based on pen ownership criteria.
Thanks
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
peaceland:

Appears I missed a post or the names of the finalist are mixed up, if the later, since you have added him, i know it's business but can I appeal you retain and still add the right person. I mean Esco and ineedjob based on pen ownership criteria.
Thanks

Thanks for your observation sir, and we have made the correction accordingly and we hereby tender our apologies to Escodeb and ineedajob4school for any inconveniences that post might caused
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
peaceland:

Thanks

I can't remember if escodeb has the right pen, except i have made a mistake here sir, wasn't it Escodeb that sent the pictures of the wooden boxes?
I stand to be corrected and Escodeb is free to please voice out if i made mistake here sir and once again, thanks a million for the comment as we will do all possible to find the right person
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
peaceland:

Thanks

Further more, please note that this is NOT business for us because apart from empowering someone and the joy of seeing someone making something out of life for themselves and their family, there is NOTHING n this for Fhemmmy Motos
But please feel free to assist with comments for us all to get the best person
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Due to the mistake we made with the list of the finalist we will have to adjust the deadline of submitting the required information:

Ineedajob4school . . .Deadline: April 25th, 2020 by 8am Nigerian time
Blinkz4real . . . . . . . . Deadline: April 24th, 2020 by 8am Nigerian time

Please Ineedajob4school & Blinkz4real, we need both of you to do the following:
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by peaceland(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:
Due to the mistake we made with the list of the finalist we will have to adjust the deadline of submitting the required information:

Oga Fhemmmy,
My point is - was Esco mistakenly cleared before?
If yes I want to appeal that you give him a chance.
I believe nothing happens by chance, everything has a reason and a purpose.
Just noticed the possible mix-up but do not want to be a kill-joy so if you can do something for him please do.
Note that I don't know him or any of the others.
Whatever your decision I say kudos sir.
Welldone
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:

I can't remember if escodeb has the right pen, except i have made a mistake here sir, wasn't it Escodeb that sent the pictures of the wooden boxes?
I stand to be corrected and Escodeb is free to please voice out if i made mistake here sir and once again, thanks a million for the comment as we will do all possible to find the right person

The "wooden box" has been converted to a cage as promised. The first 3 weeks of the broilers are spent in a brooder and afterwards they would be transfered to a cage till they are 6-7 weeks old.
I could have gotten a picture of a pen and uploaded as mine or promised to build one but that would b dishonest of me. I wish the two guys left goodluck.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
peaceland:

Oga Fhemmmy,
Just noticed the possible mix-up but do not want to be a kill-joy so if you can do something for him please do.
Welldone

Thanks, God bless you sir.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
peaceland:

Oga Fhemmmy,
Welldone

OK Chairman, i now understand what you mean sir, and yes, he was mistakenly cleared as he does NOT have proper pen to handle the poultry business
I sure will like to do something for him however, what would people suggest to do for him
I would have loved to add him back to the contest but he doesn't have pens to raise the chickens
I am so open to ideas and suggestions
Once again, Thanks a million sir
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:

The "wooden box" has been converted to a cage as promised. The first 3 weeks of the broilers are spent in a brooder and afterwards they would be transfered to a cage till they are 6-7 weeks old.
I could have gotten a picture of a pen and uploaded as mine or promised to build one but that would b dishonest of me. I wish the two guys left goodluck.

Please go ahead and post the pictures of what you have to use for caring for the birds if you are the selected winner. . . . .We will like to give all the fair opportunity sir[b][/b]
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mr. Escodeb, i have few emails that want us to accomodate you by giving you another change to be one of the finalist because of the mistake that i made in adding your name to the finalist.
We like to give you the chance an we hereby require that you provide us with the following today latest by 7pm Nigerian time
1. The space you plan to use for the first 2/3 weeks to care for the DOC as brooding house
2. The picture of the pen you just constructed
We wait on you sir . . .good luck

Thanks to those that send us mail and chairman peaceland as well
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:
Mr. Escodeb, i have few emails that want us to accomodate you by giving you another change to be one of the finalist because of the mistake that i made in adding your name to the finalist.
We like to give you the chance an we hereby require that you provide us with the following today latest by 7pm Nigerian time
1. The space you plan to use for the first 2/3 weeks to care for the DOC as brooding house
2. The picture of the pen you just constructed
We wait on you sir . . .good luck

Thanks to those that send us mail and chairman peaceland as well

Mail sent.

Thanks to those who pleaded on my behalf. God bless you.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:

Mail sent.

Thanks to those who pleaded on my behalf. God bless you.

Chairman, please post the images here for all to see, i have some questions to you afterwards . . . . And you already met the deadline given to you to post the image and i am impressed sir.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pic 1: Brooding house
Pic 2: Latest picture of the cages

Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, please post the images here for all to see, i have some questions to you afterwards . . . . And you already met the deadline given to you to post the image and i am impressed sir.

Done.

Construction is still going on the cages.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:
Pic 1: Brooding house
Pic 2: Latest picture of the cages

Thanks for the images and how creative you were are with the cages
Where is the brood house located, same compound where you reside or away from your house
Where do you plan to put those cages
What is the size of the brood house in FEET
What is the size of the cages in FEET and how high are they
How many chickens do you plan to put in each cage and how many cages will you need to build to accommodate 100 chickens?
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:

Done.

Construction is still going on the cages.

Is it OK and fair to assume that you are completely done with the image on the left with the pan cover?
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for the images and how creative you were are with the cages
Where is the brood house located, same compound where you reside or away from your house
Where do you plan to put those cages
What is the size of the brood house in FEET
What is the size of the cages in FEET and how high are they
How many chickens do you plan to put in each cage and how many cages will you need to build to accommodate 100 chickens?

Where is the brood house located?
same compound where i reside

Where do you plan to put those cages?
Under a tampoline shed

What is the size of the brood house in FEET?
3½ by 2½ asbestos

What is the size of the cages in FEET and how high are they?
I will get a tape to measure tomorrow. I still plan to raise it higher than that

15-25 chickens per cage. One or two cages
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Is it OK and fair to assume that you are completely done with the image on the left with the pan cover?

I still need to raise the stand higher than that
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:

Under a tampoline shed

3½ by 2½ asbestos

I will get a tape to measure tomorrow. I still plan to raise it higher than that

Please attention to the question sir, i need the size of the room in feet, meaning what is the length in length and width {Size of the abestos does NOT mean much to me because i am not into construction
Please explain further on the how many chickens you plan to put inside that cage and how did you come up with how many chickens will be inside one cage
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Escodeb:

Under a tampoline shed

3½ by 2½ asbestos

Please post the picture of the tarpoline shed
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by blinkz4real: 3:18am On Apr 23, 2020
Fhemmmy:

A. How you will market 100birds and how long will it take you to sell them?

1.Bypassing the middlemen-: Most poultry farmers rely on middlemen to help sell their products. They sell in bulk to other people who in turn sell to the consumers. For me to sell faster, then i should sell both in wholesale quantities and resale quantities.
I can sell in retail quantities by having my own sales outlet. Look for a good location to rent a store/space within or outside a major market and then use it to stock products from my farm so that in addition to selling to wholesalers, i can also sell to retailers.

2. Take my business online-: Everybody hangs around the internet these days. A large percentage of people make use of the internet around the world daily and if you want your business to thrive, you cannot close your eyes to the internet. Your social media account is a very good place to promote your business and increase awareness for your products.
So to sell my broilers faster, i should have a stroniaternetet presence so that people can order for products online(via WhatsApp, facebook, Instagram etc) and even those that do not order online would be able to recognize and buy my products when they see it in supermarkets or grocery stores(talking about when i expand).

3. Become a supplier to Hotels and Restaurants-: I will write a brilliant proposal with clearly thought-out incentives that i can offer and send it to managers of hotels and restaurants. Offer to be their major supplier of poultry meat. Hotels and restaurants always have foods with poultry meat on their menu and they have to get their meat from somewhere.
I can help them to have access to a regular supply of fresh poultry meat without stress. Note that a lot of hotels and restaurants already have people supplying them, so i should think of how to outsmart these people by offering mouth-watering incentives.

4. Advertisement-:
Hang up a notice in the area advertising my broilers/chicken for sale. I should be able to sell some quantities at a good price.

It will take me maximum of 2weeks to sell off 100beds if I follow and carryout all the above methods of selling.

B. How you plan to make profit in this business and plan for continuity?

I plan to make profit by way of formulating my own feed ration and adding it to the already purchased feed as such increasing the nutritional value of the broiler feed. How do intend to do that?
I already know how to prepare soyabean full fat meal which enhances fast growth and weight of broilers. I will buy soyabeans and steam it for 20min then dry it under the sun. Once it is dried I take it to grinding machine and mix together with maize, groundnut cake I.e kulikuli with the addition of other feed additives and amino acids like methionine, lysine etc. All this is to make the broiler gain heavy weight so as to sell at a good price. I already know were to get all this at a good price without it affecting my pocket or increasing my cost of production.
I plan for continuity by selling the 100birds and increasing to 150birds and then to 200birds and so on as demands continue to increase.

C. How do you plan to build on this opportunity?

My plan is that as I continue to expand and get demand I will build a bigger Pen that can house up to 200-300birds(I already have the land on ground for that), employ cheap labour to assist me in the farm and as time goes on employ more hands and increase the number of birds. In the course of doing that I will also start putting structure for layer birds too as there is a lot of demands for eggs especially in abuja and its environs.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Please attention to the question sir, i need the size of the room in feet, meaning what is the length in length and width {Size of the abestos does NOT mean much to me because i am not into construction
Please explain further on the how many chickens you plan to put inside that cage and how did you come up with how many chickens will be inside one cage

Room size 15 by 10 feet
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Please post the picture of the tarpoline shed

The erection of the shed is dependant on the success of the empowerment.
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Escodeb(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Escodeb:

Room size 15 by 10 feet

Cage measurement:
Length 3.75 ft
Breadth 3.5 ft
Height 1.5 ft
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Ineedajob4school: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Marketing and sales
1. By selling to market women on a cash and carry basis
2. Selling to restaurant and barbeque grillers
3. Outsourcing to people who sell in busy areas such as market and busy roads, on an agreed commission rate.
4. Aggressive online marketing and advertising
5. Fliers and church bulletin
6. Through refferal: family & friends
7. Selling to processors as a last resort

Going into brood and sell of broiler, noiler and cockerel on a two weeks interval, we plan to achieve this by selling majorly to hawkers at an agreed rate (500-950) depending on age and size which is always between 2-4 weeks
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
blinkz4real:

A. How you will market 100birds and how long will it take you to sell them?

1.Bypassing the middlemen-: Most poultry farmers rely on middlemen to help sell their products. They sell in bulk to other people who in turn sell to the consumers. For me to sell faster, then i should sell both in wholesale quantities and resale quantities.
I can sell in retail quantities by having my own sales outlet. Look for a good location to rent a store/space within or outside a major market and then use it to stock products from my farm so that in addition to selling to wholesalers, i can also sell to retailers.

2. Take my business online-: Everybody hangs around the internet these days. A large percentage of people make use of the internet around the world daily and if you want your business to thrive, you cannot close your eyes to the internet. Your social media account is a very good place to promote your business and increase awareness for your products.
So to sell my broilers faster, i should have a stroniaternetet presence so that people can order for products online(via WhatsApp, facebook, Instagram etc) and even those that do not order online would be able to recognize and buy my products when they see it in supermarkets or grocery stores(talking about when i expand).

3. Become a supplier to Hotels and Restaurants-: I will write a brilliant proposal with clearly thought-out incentives that i can offer and send it to managers of hotels and restaurants. Offer to be their major supplier of poultry meat. Hotels and restaurants always have foods with poultry meat on their menu and they have to get their meat from somewhere.
I can help them to have access to a regular supply of fresh poultry meat without stress. Note that a lot of hotels and restaurants already have people supplying them, so i should think of how to outsmart these people by offering mouth-watering incentives.

4. Advertisement-:
Hang up a notice in the area advertising my broilers/chicken for sale. I should be able to sell some quantities at a good price.

It will take me maximum of 2weeks to sell off 100beds if I follow and carryout all the above methods of selling.

B. How you plan to make profit in this business and plan for continuity?

I plan to make profit by way of formulating my own feed ration and adding it to the already purchased feed as such increasing the nutritional value of the broiler feed. How do intend to do that?
I already know how to prepare soyabean full fat meal which enhances fast growth and weight of broilers. I will buy soyabeans and steam it for 20min then dry it under the sun. Once it is dried I take it to grinding machine and mix together with maize, groundnut cake I.e kulikuli with the addition of other feed additives and amino acids like methionine, lysine etc. All this is to make the broiler gain heavy weight so as to sell at a good price. I already know were to get all this at a good price without it affecting my pocket or increasing my cost of production.
I plan for continuity by selling the 100birds and increasing to 150birds and then to 200birds and so on as demands continue to increase.

C. How do you plan to build on this opportunity?

My plan is that as I continue to expand and get demand I will build a bigger Pen that can house up to 200-300birds(I already have the land on ground for that), employ cheap labour to assist me in the farm and as time goes on employ more hands and increase the number of birds. In the course of doing that I will also start putting structure for layer birds too as there is a lot of demands for eggs especially in abuja and its environs.

Thanks for your response and we will surely use all information and details for the process
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ineedajob4school:
Marketing and sales
1. By selling to market women on a cash and carry basis
2. Selling to restaurant and barbeque grillers
3. Outsourcing to people who sell in busy areas such as market and busy roads, on an agreed commission rate.
4. Aggressive online marketing and advertising
5. Fliers and church bulletin
6. Through refferal: family & friends
7. Selling to processors as a last resort

Going into brood and sell of broiler, noiler and cockerel on a two weeks interval, we plan to achieve this by selling majorly to hawkers at an agreed rate (500-950) depending on age and size which is always between 2-4 weeks

Thanks for the information and details and will be used for the process accordingly . . . .
Re: @-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Escodeb:

The erection of the shed is dependant on the success of the empowerment.

Escodeb:

Cage measurement:
Length 3.75 ft
Breadth 3.5 ft
Height 1.5 ft

Bros, how do you determine how to many of the birds will be inside each of those cages? You left this out from the questions you were asked and please i need that information
Do you have any experience at all with poultry?
I am asking this sir because i need to know how to to evaluate your applications sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If You Are In Need Of Farm Land In Ibadan / Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming / Kebbi State Earned N150bn From Rice Sales In 2017 – GOV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.