Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer (82070 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Akwa Ibom Government Partners With Innoson On Mass Transit (Photos) / Buhari Commiserates With Innoson On Mother’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/covid-19-bayero-university-kano-begins-process-to-produce-ventilators/

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-buk-commissions-engineers-to-fabricate-ventilators-produces-hand-sanitisers.html

By the way, GM is in collaboration with Ventec life systems for the production of ventilators.

I read that link and I just laughed. This jokers must really think ventilators are grinders or hand fans. So they expect to do all that in a month or two months? This is just a joke. I even thought they were producing something before and wanted to divert. Never knew they want to just start. This is a huge joke and I hope you're not falling for it.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2020
KosiGee:

Oga, that young man’s device wouldn’t be of much assistance in any isolation ward. That is not a mechanical ventilator. He is misinformed and do not have any clue what a ventilator is and what it does.

His machine is a manual resuscitator. It can be part of an emergency resus box. If you are performing a basic life support, that device can be used to give oxygen to the patient.

Ventilator is more complex with micro processors and we should be careful what we support and introduce into our health care system. Even the top end ones when used by highly trained medics can still harm the patient.

Ventilators aid breathing in patients who are very poorly and can’t without assistance. It gives measured amount of O2 and take out CO2. I don’t even think that Innoson has the capacity to provide a good ventilator at this time...take into account that the vital aspects of this machine need to be sterilised. The tubes that go into the patient can cause secondary health problem to the patient....Any ventilator whether INNOSON’s or Bayero Uni’s need to be very rugged and robust to withstand Nigeria’s fluctuating and unstable electricity/power.

Covid virus attacks the lung’s cilia which prevents build up of mucus. A ventilator helps to prevent that and it must be good enough to work efficiently delivering air.

That young man’s device is not a ventilator. Anyone with basic plumbing skills with the access to the parts can DIY that.
As we cannot build the ventilators you described won't we work with what we have, or is your advice to sit and fold our arms?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by rusher14: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I read that link and I just laughed. This jokers must really think ventilators are grinders or hand fans. So they expect to do all that in a month or two months? This is just a joke. I even thought they were producing something before and wanted to divert. Never knew they want to just start. This is a huge joke and I hope you're not falling for it.

What were you saying about Innosons again?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Esseite:

He is talking about the bigger picture of assembly and manufacturing, which still entails all of these jobs you mentioned and even more.

His argument is better because it covers all you have stated and even more..

Think.
I'm not arguing this anymore if you cannot reason with reality run with your imagination.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by XANDERBOY85: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Area4Area:
Look at a bigot calling someone else a bigot, what has Fulani and Buhari got to do with the topic? How many SE governors or lawmakers have requested for them even if not used now, it can still be used for other ailments now or in the future.

You'd always blame the whole world for your misfortunes but na una holy pass

I'm not a bigot you asshole! I just don't wanna share the same country with the Fulani, who conversely are forcing themselves on me in the name of the devilish contraption that is 'one Nigeria'! Is that too difficult to understand?

My ethnicity, the Igbo nation, has suffered a lot of losses and continue to suffer them to this day just because we're sharing the same country with these people!

Let's give ourselves space, and you'd discover how loving i can be!
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by blaqoracle: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
hybrid77:
Why do these guyz talk as if they have no sense

You should have called him on phone and discussed how his company canhelp with producing ventilators and other equipments needed

You dont come online to stupidly make useless remarks about someone that is willing to help

Well, for now, we dont need ventilators

If that changes, hmmmm...mk i nor talk
innoson the noise maker. Yeeboo always make noise.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by jaxxy(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What does the number of years have to do with the issue on ground. Production capacity may differ truly but at least Innoson cannot in anyway be compared with BUK abi?
Stop your ignorance. The computerized aspect is for control just like your AC control in your car. The ventilators are basically mechanical!! That's the ones that work. Mechanical pressure that the lungs can't provide by itself is what the ventilators are expected to give. Stop being ignorant.

I think ure the ignorant one for assuming this rubbish u just wrote. Tell kasali or toafeek the road side mechs to make the ventilators then.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Government doesn't need it for now, hence probably why no contact has been made. Instead, he seems to be the one who needs it, hence he is making contact.
GM was practically ordered/forced into producing ventilators because they know the wahala involved.
Our needs are different from those of Europe and America for now, and it will not be financially prudent for the government to commit billions into a production we don't have a need for.
I'm happy an indigenous company is trying to think outside the box and start producing locally, but I really think he should source for his funds too.
Believe it or not, Nigeria doesn't have any money lying around (thanks to poor leadership).
I think we have to put money on widespread testing kits first and foremost. But that's another discussion entirely.

(Btw, you contradict yourself when you say ventilator production is not his area of core competence, yet at the same time want the govt to utilize his expertise.)

Ok I hear you. Wake me up when we will need it. Do you guys really think the US or UK are having shortages of ventilators? What they are doing is pre-empting shortages and making provisions before they occur. Last night the Gov of New York said they have six days worth of medical supplies which means they need new stock before then. You have to understand how these countries are planning beforehand but if you prefer it happens before we start sourcing then no problem.

I didn't contradict myself. Making ventilators is not Innoson's core area nor that of GM or Ford. But they can do it with a little help and modification. I think that has been said countless times on this forum.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
ejanla077:

Low iq zombie.

U don't drill and search for oil to own a refinery. Both re two different business.. Mumu

Na so una go dey disgrace up and down
Dumbass...Google Tunde Folawiyo....he is the one who discovered oil in Lagos....he had been searching for 25 years before finding it in 2016, the last four years of his operation was supported majorly by Dangote....if you dont know say you don't know and stop acting like a child.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Government doesn't need it for now, hence probably why no contact has been made. Instead, he seems to be the one who needs it, hence he is making contact.
GM was practically ordered/forced into producing ventilators because they know the wahala involved.
Our needs are different from those of Europe and America for now, and it will not be financially prudent for the government to commit billions into a production we don't have a need for.
I'm happy an indigenous company is trying to think outside the box and start producing locally, but I really think he should source for his funds too.
Believe it or not, Nigeria doesn't have any money lying around (thanks to poor leadership).
I think we have to put money on widespread testing kits first and foremost. But that's another discussion entirely.

(Btw, you contradict yourself when you say ventilator production is not his area of core competence, yet at the same time want the govt to utilize his expertise.)
Innoson don't need the money but partnership.
Govt partnership don't equate money.

We rather buy from outside or beg than patner with indigenous company and it would have gotten a resounding yes if its not an igbo man company.

Whose loss, obviously not innoson.
Common econ 101 will tell us that.

Nigeria keep on being a consumer nation that fully depend on others to function 100% effectively.

I have noticed that what has kept Nigeria in the dark is nothing but hatred. Those that felt they have advantage are still wallowing in hatred hence they see no reason to develop themselves. Are they not very stupid and filled with low IQ then?

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

What were you saying about Innosons again?

Innoson already have a production factory plus suppliers. You want to compare them with this jokers who want to see if they can make ventilator prototypes? Get real na. You're smarter than this. Even the jokers said once they are able to do it, they'll approach NCDC and other govt agencies for sponsorship to MASS PRODUCE. Bro, these guys are just making a joke of a very serious matter. Where is their previous efforts in that regard that they want to start now?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
ajadematanle:
Innoson is a guy man. He wanted FG approval so as to use it to seek loan from CBN at zero interest and later convert it to import his auto spare parts for production of innoson vehicles. Before you know his tribe would be talking trash. Does it need any approval to start production if he has the capabilities. Today if I have inspiration to produce corona vaccine, I will be a billionaire in dollar in less than 1 week
And you think CBN does not know how to track such funds? Some people prefer to die than allow who they don't like treat them.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Myself2(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Tpave:
I think he is right this time

How ?
Has he told us how many ventilators Bayern university has produced and where they are now working ?
There is a difference e between producing one or two substandard ventilator prototypes from students experiments and actually mass producing real ventilators that work
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
jaxxy:

I think ure the ignorant one for assuming this rubbish u just wrote. Tell kasali or toafeek the road side mechs to make the ventilators then.

Funny enough, BUK will qualify as Kasali or Taofeek in this case wink grin grin
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by rusher14: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Innoson already have a production factory plus suppliers. You want to compare them with this jokers who want to see if they can make ventilator prototypes? Get real na. You're smarter than this. Even the jokers said once they are able to do it, they'll approach NCDC and other govt agencies for sponsorship to MASS PRODUCE. Bro, these guys are just making a joke of a very serious matter. Where is their previous efforts in that regard that they want to start now?

Suppliers from where and over which period?

I keep asking the salient question; where is the prototype?

Or are we saying when it comes to Innosons prototypes are unnecessary ?

By the way, I was watching BBC just the other night, and 3 kids all graduates from a high school in UK, one a graduate of mechanical engineering, one still an undergraduate and the other just a high school finisher, they made PPE visors, using 3D printers their alma mater had.

They donated them to their local NHS .

IF Innosons is serious, he would make a prototype and even the banks would be begging him to receive money.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
deScifa:
The simple logic here is that Innoson needs govt fund for mobilization so he can make orders from China and put its name just like innoson vehicles.
Since you know this "secret" why haven't you and the govt gone to China to buy and put your name instead of disgracing Nigeria begging for ventilators on twitter?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by DexterousOne(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
AkeNathan:
He makes it sound as if it is an ethnic competition between North and East

Buhari's government and their ethnic disparity shines to the sky.

That Bashit Ahmad has no sense.

That response is uncalled for.

A serious govt would have at least heard him out, even though they MAY not engage him at the end

Black man will always show his self destruct tendencies to his fellow black man

And the comments here are further validating my point.

What does Bayero have to do with this now?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by diplomat058(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I'll advise you to read up on production. You're getting things mixed up!!
Lol

When does a musical production begin? Does it start from the composition of lyrics or the making of beats and studio recording?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
sassysure:
See hatred oozing out from here shocked

BUK don't product any ventilator.

Bashir is just a propagandist like the rest of them.

U guys don't make research.

I wouldn't give a thought to his rant if I were some sensible guys here.

Should innoson see that twit, he wouldn't hesitate to make his final decision on anything ventilator.

And so u know, right now, any company that will start producing ventilators anywhere in the world has 100% backing from their various govts. Infact, it's govt that mandate them to do so.
E.g. Ford motors.

Again, read.

Ventilators were been made long before corona. It's not a new invention or intervention so there are companies who make medical equipments even without their government's support, already in existence
The only gamechanger of recent is the corona/increased demand in those countries requesting for more ventilators. The regular companies who produce them cannot produce more than a certain number, hence the presidential orders requesting certain automobile companies to start production, despite their reluctance.
I'm not sure why you see hatred for Innoson.
If he wants to go into production, nothing stops him. He can raise the money to do so, unless he wants the government to bear the losses.
It's either he waits till his help is needed or he can be proactive and source for funds for his ideas.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

Over the period they've been making cars or their cars no get ACs?

If ventilators were that easy to make from scratch why do you think the US will disrupt Ford's operations just to get them to make them.

Besides, prototypes as I've told you are for those who have nothing similar on ground. Innoson has proven competence in car making so what he needs is modification and help here and there.

Anyway the point has been made that this Bashir dude is lying as BUK have not started any production. They are just starting research into production!! grin grin
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by DexterousOne(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
sassysure:

Innoson don't need the money but partnership.
Govt partnership don't equate money.

We rather buy from outside or beg than patner with indigenous company and it would have gotten a resounding yes if its not an igbo man company.

Whose loss, obviously not innoson.
Common econ 101 will tell us that.

Nigeria keep on being a consumer nation that fully depend on others to function 100% effectively.

I have noticed that what has kept Nigeria in the dark is nothing but hatred. Those that felt they have advantage are still wallowing in hatred hence they see no reason to develop themselves. Are they not very stupid and filled with low IQ then?

Exactky so....

You can read it from the comments

Black man exhibiting self destruct behaviour to his fellow black man
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by dominique(f): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
Xandelle:

Are private hospitals the ones building isolation centres? Do you even listen to yourself?

So you think ventilators are used to treat coronavirus patients only? How about someone that had collapsed lungs in an accident, or someone whose lungs are filled with fluids and can't breathe on his own? Do such cases need to be taken to isolation centers? Ideally all standard hospitals should have at least one ventilator within their facility, this pandemic has served as a wake-up call to all hospitals to be better equipped. At this point in time, anybody that goes into production of ventilators will certainly get patronage as long as it meets up with standards. No need for government's go ahead.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
diplomat058:
Lol

When does a musical production begin? Does it start from the composition of lyrics or the making of beats and studio recording?

Music? Really? Is music manufacturing? Don't you know the difference between intellectual property and manufacturing? What about services?
Gerrout!!
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
Hyperchi:

They did that bass in necessity, and if GM motor product our military cars and van, where are we going to get the parts when they are faulty,
We bought from him coz it save cost and with wat he did when our aircraft got issue. Before considering how he is an indigenous company.
Lagos is ordering BRT from outside country why not buy from from home.
If he produced those ventilator he will have to share it to his community coz govt will not buy, did GM motor dropped prototype before they start work, how many countries has ordered for it
Are those Japanese car company also producing it as it is of high demand.
You forget the US government have their own patents on different devices.....having GM build anything will be to their specs...I doubt Nigeria has patent specs of any kind to their name which is why I'm asking him to design one and not go into full production, how do you tell me something is 4billion and you haven't even shown me what it is you want to build ....and I get your argument on the buying of cars from abroad but reality is even VON in Lagos would have a hard time delivering on such an order....regardless there is still opportunity for Nigerians to gain on it as we are the ones to use and service them...despite the facts the buses were ordered from abroad in know thousands of engineers were trained to service and maintain them....that's still a win for me.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by nedekid: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
Fariq:

He is waiting for the government to beg him, so that they will have something to chestbeat.

They will even one day in the future claim that; "if not for Innoson, Nigeria would not have arrested the coronavirus outbreak".
You have to have confirmed orders to retool. I ported components have to be give government support to enable swift clearance for the cargo wings of the airport etc. Such supports are what you need and that is what governments abroad are giving to their industries eg gn.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

IF Innosons is serious, he would make a prototype and even the banks would be begging him to receive money.

Exactly.
If he is serious about this, it will be easier to source for funds.
Nobody will hand you anything on a platter in Nigeria o. Even though I know majority of us love freebies.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by DexterousOne(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
BennyDGreat:
Mehn Bashir this tweet was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. Gosh....a government spokesman....very disappointing

Exactky

This should not be coming from him.

However you see many here defending him
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Xandelle: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
dominique:

So you think ventilators are used to treat coronavirus patients only? How about someone that had collapsed lungs in an accident, or someone whose lungs are filled with fluids and can't breathe on his own? Do such cases need to be taken to isolation centers? Ideally all standard hospitals should have at least one ventilator within their facility, this pandemic has served as a wake-up call to all hospitals to be better equipped. At this point in time, anybody that goes into production of ventilators will certainly get patronage as long as it meets up with standards. No need for government's go ahead.

How many ventilators has Nigerian hospitals gotten since then? Or all those accidents you mentioned haven't been happening? This pandemic is the only thing that will drive the massive purchase of these ventilators in Nigeria, and if you aren't being blinded by whatever, you too will see it

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by DexterousOne(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Exactly.
If he is serious about this, it will be easier to source for funds.
Nobody will hand you anything on a platter in Nigeria o. Even though I know majority of us love freebies.

The way many of you reason undecided
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by jaxxy(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Funny enough, BUK will qualify as Kasali or Taofeek in this case wink grin grin

Has anybody seen what buk has done yet? Let them or even kasali make a prototype pls and we take if from there. If Buk has started mass production then they must have their customers for it who is satisfied with Whatever it's looks like. Which control standards has the so called ventilators being verifed with.

Elon must said his own were FDA approved. That's how things are done in sane climes.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
oyatz:
You don't understand the situation.

7) The Buhari administration (through NPF, Immigration, Nigerian Customs, Army, FRSC, Federal Universities etc) is biggest buyer of Innoson vehicles

I'm just marking your 7th point because a lot of people here believe the Nigerian government is not doing enough to support the Nigerian industry and that the Nigerian government is bias and acting on nepotism. As for innoson getting loans to start building that's up to him cause the ventilator market is Niche market, my own is just let us at least see one of what you want to produce before you start giving us price of 4billion.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Ventilators were been made long before corona. It's not a new invention or intervention so there are companies who make medical equipments even without their government's support, already in existence
The only gamechanger of recent is the corona/increased demand in those countries requesting for more ventilators. The regular companies who produce them cannot produce more than a certain number, hence the presidential orders requesting certain automobile companies to start production, despite their reluctance.
I'm not sure why you see hatred for Innoson.
If he wants to go into production, nothing stops him. He can raise the money to do so, unless he wants the government to bear the losses.
It's either he waits till his help is needed or he can be proactive and source for funds for his ideas.
Which bank will give him a loan for seasonal product that demand can vanish in 2 months? Especially when there is no firm order from a buyer? Haven't you heard of govt guarantee of LPO? You need an LPO to get such short term funding, not newspaper publication.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 / Saraki Wears Made-In-Aba Clothes To Senate Session. Pics / Teniola And Teniayo Saraki 20th Birthday: Toyin Celebrates Her Twin Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.