Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer (82034 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Akwa Ibom Government Partners With Innoson On Mass Transit (Photos) / Buhari Commiserates With Innoson On Mother’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by dominique(f): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Dangote didn't just start, he got govt backing which is very good. Do you know how many times CBN and other senior officials visited his site? This is how a country should run. You don't expect Innoson to run to a bank and take 4billion loan just on HOPE that govt will buy, who does that?

If the government doesn't buy, private hospitals will buy, foreign hospitals are also looking for ventilators to buy at the moment. He doesn't need government directive before he starts producing. Did he ask government approval before producing cars?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Xandelle: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2020
seunmsg:

There is a global demand for ventilators at the moment, he doesn’t even need to sell to Nigeria. Countries all over the world would rush him if he can deliver.

But truth be told, Innoson cannot produce any ventilators anytime soon even if FG gives him N4b. It will take him nothing less than 3-6 months to come up with anything close to a ventilator. Trump had to activate the defense production act to force GM to start producing ventilators. Even at that, GM has made it clear it can only deliver about 4,000 ventilators by April ending even though Trump is requesting 40,000. That’s to tell you how complicated the process of producing ventilators is.

I saw a BBC clip this morning where a reporter was lamenting that a consortium of Mercedes and Mclaren could only produce 30 ventilators. Innoson is nowhere near all these companies in terms of anything. Again, Innoson imports 95% of his parts from China. All he does in Nigeria is assemble.

Stop saying this when Nigeria cannot export any finished product to any western country. There is no existing trade agreements to that effect. As per your last paragraph, do you even know that small start-ups are more flexible than big corporations? Do u even know anything or are you just blinded by hatred? Do you know that after the completion of dangotes refinery, he can't sell a drop of petrol to any country outside sub-Saharan Africa without government negotiations? Africa is the only place that anyone can dump anything without trade agreements. Don't use your standard of governance to judge others.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by emmysoftyou: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2020
oyatz:
Dangote transited from importation of cement to manufacturing of cement in 2003 with his acquisition of Benue Cement Company.

Around 2007, the newly built Obajana cement company merged with BCC to form Dangote Cement Company.

The company diversified into Oil refinery (which is still under construction) much more later.

#Personslly, i don't know why many young Igbos online become emotional when discussing about Innoson especially with the ways they always portray him as a persecuted business man and the unnecessary ways they compare him with Dangote.

your people gave the impression
now we're living by the passion.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

Maybe BUK hasn't produced a ventilator but can we deny they are in process of engineering one?

What is Innosons basis for requesting money for production?

Oh so you agree now that Bashir is lying? So why support a liar and how does the one they are still struggling with take care of the needs of the country?

Innoson already have proven competence in autos so if they need money for input and process modifications, I don't see what exactly is the headache there.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by zicoraads: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Most Igbos are entitled in nature. Not all of course. He's a business man. He should produce and sell to the FG. If they don't want, there are several countries who will happily buy.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 11:08am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

And you know dis as.... Even if they don't? I'm sure he has a supplier who he can get it from and then carry out the modification as required by specifications? if he says he can do it, should he not be engaged instead of begging Elon for BIPAPs that cannot even work? I don't even know when almajiri Bashir became an expert on ventilators undecided

Innoson should go ahead.

It's a business, and he has to take the risk.

There is a need for it, at the moment in Europe and US.
He can try and cash in and make his profit sharp sharp before the market closes.

I'm sure if he has assembled or produced some, even Nigeria will buy from him at his own price.

Many Nigerians generally like begging and having things for free, they have no shame hence why they were doing babiala from the Tesla guy.
Someone up there mentioned Nigerians will take poison and drink simply because it's free.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Oh so you agree now that Bashir is lying? So why support a liar and how does the one they are still struggling with take care of the needs of the country?

Innoson already have proven competence in autos so if they need money for input and process modifications, I don't see what exactly is the headache there.

They can get a loan from a bank to do this.
The FG will not give private companies money to produce things, otherwise every private company in Nigeria will be asking for mobilisation fees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by rusher14: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I never said he's lying.

There's no evidence that he's lying and the commentary coming out of BUK is that they've been working on it.

Besides, BUK hasn't come to the media seeking funding for the project.

On the other hand, where is Innosons prototype for which he seeks subvention?

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by talk2aikay(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2020
Innosson needed reassurance that the government would buy his ventilators considering that the federal government only recently bought Toyotas instead of IVMs.

We all know Nigerians like consuming foreign goods more than the ones made from with.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Innoson should go ahead.

It's a business, and he has to take the risk.

There is a need for it, at the moment in Europe and US.
He can try and cash in and make his profit sharp sharp before the market closes.

I'm sure if he has assembled or produced some, even Nigeria will buy from him at his own price.

Many Nigerians generally like begging and having things for free, they have no shame hence why they were doing babiala from the Tesla guy.
Someone up there mentioned Nigerians will take poison and drink simply because it's free.

Innoson does not need to go into ventilator. It's not their area of core competence. The reason why other countries are calling automakers in is because of their capacity for large scale manufacturing and skill in ACs compressors which work on same principle. That said, it's an emergency thing not a business model like you people are making it to be. I see some people asking him to take a loan and I wonder which bank will give you a loan for a production that will last only for four months. That's a very high risk loan and it's almost impossible to get.

Nigeria does not have a ventilator manufacturing company locally so nothing wrong if we utilize innoson's expertise. Govt is the one supposed to make the contact initially self not innoson but just that begging white people is a national policy in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Dpharisee: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2020
GuyfawkesAB:
Facts only.

But my brothers will not understand or accept these facts. For them everything is only about victimization. It's always every other person against Igbos for them.

Why bring Igbo into the discussion, it's business we are talking about, you made your point, no need tagging Igbo in it
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Xandelle: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2020
dominique:

If the government doesn't buy, private hospitals will buy, foreign hospitals are also looking for ventilators to buy at the moment. He doesn't need government directive before he starts producing. Did he ask government approval before producing cars?

Are private hospitals the ones building isolation centres? Do you even listen to yourself?

4 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by slowice(m): 11:18am On Apr 04, 2020
We are so naive in this country. Innoson does not produce ventilators and has no business interest in doing so, he made the offer given the situation of things which is a noble thing to do. He will ve to retool to be able to produce it is left for the govt the engage his company and negotiate if they need the ventilators. Trumps government reached out to GM before they started production and that's what serious government do. I hope it doesn't come to a time when we will be in dire need of ventilators cos then all this rubbish talk ll stop and our govt will be serious about it.

Imagine what an aide to the president is saying, it goes to show how petty this government is

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:18am On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

I never said he's lying.

There's no evidence that he's lying and the commentary coming out of BUK is that they've been working on it.

Besides, BUK hasn't come to the media seeking funding for the project.

On the other hand, where is Innosons prototype for which he seeks subvention?
Working on it is not same as producing it or are you also deficient in English as Bashir? I've not seen the news of BUK saying they are working on ventilators. If you have a link kindly share with me.

Like I already told you, Innoson does not need prototypes, they have proven competence which needs modification to mass produce. The money he's asking for is for the inputs and modification and i'm sure that can even be negotiated if govt shows interest instead of begging Elon.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by bamasite2: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2020
I don't want to take too much time with you. Just start with this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL5N1UK61J

If you must know, many of the financiers of the dangote refinery are foreign banks!
Agboriotejoye:

World Bank gave Dangote loan? grin grin grin

Chai!! You shouldn't have said this o cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by mekaboy(m): 11:20am On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Stop comparing the ventilator needs of UK and US to that of Nigeria at this minute.
They never asked their indigenous companies to produce ventilators until their demands skyrocketed.
Even those companies did not want to get involved because ventilators are normally not everyday equipments you produce steadily.
But I absolutely agree Nigeria's health system is flawed and our hospitals are underequipped. We need more ventilators generally (even without the covid).
Any business man that wants to venture into that can do so, and perhaps even sell it to countries that need it urgently. Innoson should see it as a business and if it sounds like a viable production should go ahead and not wait for any mobilisation fees from the government.
Some portable ventilator prototypes have been done by some US universities and people are given access to them freely so they can build upon the design. It was made freely available as a humanitarian gesture during this pandemic

Why didn't the companies in US and UK see it as a business and dive into production?

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:20am On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

They can get a loan from a bank to do this.
The FG will not give private companies money to produce things, otherwise every private company in Nigeria will be asking for mobilisation fees.

The govt gives road construction companies 15% mobilization fees are you aware?

Which bank will give you a loan for a project of four months with no guarantee of high sales? Besides, it's a public emergency not a business matter, the govt should sit with him and discuss. All of you making it a business matter are simply ignorant

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:24am On Apr 04, 2020
jaxxy:

Do u know how long those companies have been making cars? We are talking probably 50 to100 years pls, do u know the type and level of production line they have? U think it's what innoson is doing? Pls ventilator are not just Mechancal or manual they are computerised. Go and read what the experts even told foreign automobile companies on it. It's more than an air pump.
What does the number of years have to do with the issue on ground. Production capacity may differ truly but at least Innoson cannot in anyway be compared with BUK abi?
Stop your ignorance. The computerized aspect is for control just like your AC control in your car. The ventilators are basically mechanical!! That's the ones that work. Mechanical pressure that the lungs can't provide by itself is what the ventilators are expected to give. Stop being ignorant.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by rusher14: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Working on it is not same as producing it or are you also deficient in English as Bashir? I've not seen the news of BUK saying they are working on ventilators. If you have a link kindly share with me.

Like I already told you, Innoson does not need prototypes, they have proven competence which needs modification to mass produce. The money he's asking for is for the inputs and modification and i'm sure that can even be negotiated if govt shows interest instead of begging Elon.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/covid-19-bayero-university-kano-begins-process-to-produce-ventilators/

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-buk-commissions-engineers-to-fabricate-ventilators-produces-hand-sanitisers.html

By the way, GM is in collaboration with Ventec life systems for the production of ventilators.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Xbee007(m): 11:26am On Apr 04, 2020
leokid866:
This is funfere koroye.... he designed and built a mechanical ventilator in 2 weeks meanwhile oga innoson that has not put bolt and screw together is asking for 4billion....lol.
Please, kindly make a post on this. We will encourage the mods to push it to the front page where it's much needed.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2020
diplomat058:
Design and making of a prototype are very much part of Production. Yes, production entails the manipulation of inputs to produce outputs; in the same vein, you should know that resources, intellectual, skills, money, time and material inputs are also committed into the design project. So, it is right to say that design is the opening phase of production. Innoson is a producer that deals more with assemblage of automotive constituents, partly because Nigeria has lil or near zero industrial capacity to supply the needed inputs for a wholly manufacture. But the fact that Innoson handles the peripheral aspects of production doesn't stop him from being addressed as a producer. The same logic should apply to a designer, I believe. Hyhundai operated for many years with Mitsubishi-designed Engines, but since the Former were identified with some processes of the production, both were regarded as producers to that end.

I agree with you in principle with a caveat. Design is part of production process but not part of production. Production itself involves input into a system that was designed, the system works on the inputs and brings out output. So if a product is still at design stage, you don't go and say we are producing. It's deceptive in all ramifications. Who goes about announcing design efforts by the way? BUK have never come out to say they are making ventilators. Bashir said it and I ask that he shows us the ventilators they produced.

I'll advise you to read up on production. You're getting things mixed up!!
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
bigtt76:
I see nothing wrong in Bashir's response. Innoson claims to have the capability to produce the ventilators but is yet to produce any.... What are they waiting for? The BUK guys were never prompted to produce any but took it up on their own to do so. We are not expecting anything tangible from them though. What I would expect from Innoson is to invite the BUK guys over and give them the much needed assistance (use of their factory line). I suspect Innoson is looking for a Chinese partner to sign up with for the knock down parts

Unfortunately, BUK has not produced any ventilator. That one is a barefaced lie. If you have anything to the contrary kindly share. This Bashir is notorious for spreading lies and propaganda from Kano. Innoson on the other hand is a proven car maker/assembler. Making ventilators is something he'll be able to do with some modifications. Where he gets his parts from will be his cup of kunu
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by ajadematanle: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
Innoson is a guy man. He wanted FG approval so as to use it to seek loan from CBN at zero interest and later convert it to import his auto spare parts for production of innoson vehicles. Before you know his tribe would be talking trash. Does it need any approval to start production if he has the capabilities. Today if I have inspiration to produce corona vaccine, I will be a billionaire in dollar in less than 1 week

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Innoson does not need to go into ventilator. It's not their area of core competence. The reason why other countries are calling automakers in is because of their capacity for large scale manufacturing and skill in ACs compressors which work on same principle. That said, it's an emergency thing not a business model like you people are making it to be. I see some people asking him to take a loan and I wonder which bank will give you a loan for a production that will last only for four months. That's a very high risk loan and it's almost impossible to get.

Nigeria does not have a ventilator manufacturing company locally so nothing wrong if we utilize innoson's expertise. Govt is the one supposed to make the contact initially self not innoson but just that begging white people is a national policy in Nigeria

Government doesn't need it for now, hence probably why no contact has been made. Instead, he seems to be the one who needs it, hence he is making contact.
GM was practically ordered/forced into producing ventilators because they know the wahala involved.
Our needs are different from those of Europe and America for now, and it will not be financially prudent for the government to commit billions into a production we don't have a need for.
I'm happy an indigenous company is trying to think outside the box and start producing locally, but I really think he should source for his funds too.
Believe it or not, Nigeria doesn't have any money lying around (thanks to poor leadership).
I think we have to put money on widespread testing kits first and foremost. But that's another discussion entirely.

(Btw, you contradict yourself when you say ventilator production is not his area of core competence, yet at the same time want the govt to utilize his expertise.)

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by deScifa(m): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2020
The simple logic here is that Innoson needs govt fund for mobilization so he can make orders from China and put its name just like innoson vehicles.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2020
See hatred oozing out from here shocked

BUK don't product any ventilator.

Bashir is just a propagandist like the rest of them.

U guys don't make research.

I wouldn't give a thought to his rant if I were some sensible guys here.

Should innoson see that twit, he wouldn't hesitate to make his final decision on anything ventilator.

And so u know, right now, any company that will start producing ventilators anywhere in the world has 100% backing from their various govts. Infact, it's govt that mandate them to do so.
E.g. Ford motors.

Again, read.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by emmysoftyou: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
loswhite:
So are you asking our government to request for the product of 4 billion naira worth of ventilators? Are we to commit our resources to ventilators because we just want boost innoson motors?
so what of the money they have collected to fight coronavirus in Nigeria, remember, otedola and all the richest men in Nigeria raised supported funds to fight covid19 ..let the federal government use the funds to purchased ventilators from him rather than embezzling all the money gotten to fight corona virus ..
Useless government.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
igboamakaaa:

Which oil did Dangote drill and search for? What is this one even sayingSince when did Dangote float an Oil drilling company?
Dangote is building a refinery for Refining already extracted crude oil by NNPC and other Oil drilling entities interested.
Don't just jump into threads and comment because you can.
They say knowledge is power so I'm about to give you some knowledge so you can rise above your stupidity and head into power......have you ever heard of Tunde Folawiyo? I'm guessing not....see Mr Tunde and his company had been searching for Oil in Lagos for 25 years......in 2016 they finally discovered it, the last four years of their operations was sponsored majorly by Dangote who believed in their search, after the discovery all rights were settled and dangote decided he was going to build his refinery in Lagos. If it were just for him to be Refining oil that NNPC produced he could have chosen to build his refinery in any of the oil producing regions in the east, but in Lagos not only can he refine oil from others he can refine his own as well cause he has a source of his own. Hope you now have knowledge and will stop showing your stupidity and commenting just because you can?.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
mekaboy:

Why didn't the companies in US and UK see it as a business and dive into production?

When the government needs his help, they will ask for it, unless there is another agenda. Is there?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
dominique:

U don't know what u are talking about at all.

Medical equipment are not essential goods or entertainment.

U don't go into manufacturing core medical equipment without help and partnership from the govt.

It's impossible.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by leokid866: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

Just see how children of hate twist things, please when did Innoson asked FG for 4 billion, same way Punch newspaper fabricated story that Gov Obiano of Anambra state ask FG for 1 billion, serious you guys are something else.[/b]
Google is your friend....talk to him. And stop showing your ignorance to justify your hate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras / Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / Some Insane Military Training Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.