Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer (81877 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Akwa Ibom Government Partners With Innoson On Mass Transit (Photos) / Buhari Commiserates With Innoson On Mother’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

Let him source for funds and start production .
Nothing stops him from doing so
Nigeria has always been short of ventilators anyway even before the covid.
He should make it up to standard, and many African nations including Nigeria will buy from him.
I personally just feel there is an agenda because of the billions donated by some Nigerian philanthropists, hence the insistence that money must be given to a private individual businessman to produce ventilators.
Quite a number of the money was donated to Lagos state government
Innoson should go and market his products, make proposals and submit to state governments in the country, hospitals both private and public, banks, churches and mosques etc. and not wait for Federal government otherwise he will wait in futility.
Many people want to donate funds for this pandemic but they are afraid because some conman in government will pocket it. He should try and sell his ideas so he can raise funds and a market.
Innoson know how to source his funds.
That's never the problem at all.
The problem is that medical equipment like this are always produced with partnership with govt.
It's govt hospitals that will use it.
It's govt that will endorse that through NNRA.
It's govt students that will use it. It's govt researchers that will use it.
If the health ministry don't use or recommend it, no hospital outside the country will buy it.
Do u now understand why govt is needed for partnership.
Has nothing to do with money.
I tell you, two or 3 igbo biz men can comfortably fund this without breaking any sweat if the man needs funding but if govt don't back it up, it's complete waste.
U know, it has to be tested. That's govt too.

All big pharm companies or medical equipment companies don't do it alone.
They are sensitive companies.
I can wake up and decide to set up company manufacturing nail. What I need is SON and I'm good to go.
No so with companies like that.
Has nothing to do with billions donated.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by wanger50(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Did FG ask Dangote to refine some litres of fuel first before he got govt backing to build refinery? Govt should always support critical sectors, that's how countries grow not by begging.
If this man could really make ventilators he wouldn't be here begging the government. Everyone knows that market is ready and demand will always be outstripping supply for a long time to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
abeggnow:
government didn't give dangote money to start the refinery they only grated the enabling environments. In inosons case the environment is ripe so he can start producing. Nobody will will make orders wen nobody has seen a prototype
Listen to yourself. Google business environment first before you talk. Do you think it's all about a phantom demand for goods? Is ease of funding not a key component of business environment?

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by ProWalker: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Listen to yourself. Google business environment first before you talk. Do you think it's all about a phantom demand for goods? Is ease of funding not a key component of business environment?

Which business environment are you talking about?

There is enough market incentive for Innoson or any manufacturer interested in producing ventilators

Dangote has been capitalizing on that environment. No Nigeria govt gives Dangote a dime except allowing him to source his FX at govt rate with funds source from Nigeria commercial banks and foreign banks

Innoson got into this mess because no Nigeria bank will commit funds into any of his project again knowing what transpired between him and one of the most reputable banks in Nigeria GTBank.

His credit rating with Nigeria banks is very low

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHAYOL81: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
BUSINESSARENAA:

Which BRT was produced in Lagos, you mean the Marcopolo Buses? Where is Volvo plant in Lagos that manufactured those buses.

These same buses we saw when Ambode imported them is now being produced in Lagos?

Ogaooo, take am easy dey lie.

-I understand you might not have been a lagos resident to have confidently spew that thrash. Mind you, there are two assembling plants in Lagos producing those buses; There was one that assemble the red bus during Fashola era and the new plant that assemble the blue bus. Mind you, Lagos has stake in both companies. Below is the link to the blue bus assembly plant; the one you thought Ambode imported. Thank God, it was the same Ambode who inspected the plant in the link. So, I don't know where you get your importation information from. The link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4952127/ambode-inspects-company-assembles-new?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqBv6mDFOH9jRDA.
However, Assemble Plant or no assemble plant in Lagos, the state has right to deal with any company she deem fit. There are even many automobile assembling plants across many states of the south west, including Ogun, Ondo and Oyo, any of which Lagos state can contract to assemble bus for her, so why must she deal with Innoson? Is Innoson more nigerian than the rest?
Ogun state got her transport bus from one of the companies embeded in her territory and I don't think any other state in South West cried over it. Why does Lagos have to come up whenever patriotism with Innoson is been mentioned? Of what benefit is the company to the state when there are others within that are paying direct tax into the coffer for her development.
Let all ye South Easterner be guided, please. Lagos is not your problem. Deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by eyinjuege: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
sassysure:

The problem is that medical equipment like this are always produced with partnership with govt.
If the health ministry don't use or recommend it, no hospital outside the country will buy it.
I tell you, two or 3 igbo biz men can comfortably fund this without breaking any sweat if the man needs funding but if govt don't back it up, it's complete waste.

I can wake up and decide to set up company manufacturing nail. What I need is SON and I'm good to go.

There doesn't have to be any government partnerships anywhere in the world.
There are top ventilator companies in the world, where people purchase even before the pandemic, without the input of any governments.
When you build new hospitals with ICU capacity, they normally order new ventilators from anywhere in the world with a favourable price. It's not an amazon order, but one you would have made months in advance.
Same thing if old ventilators can no longer be repaired, they are replaced by orders.
General Motors (GM, Ford), Dyson are only just joining the race because they have been tasked by the various govts to do so, because existing companies cannot meet the demand.
The UK has over 3600 deaths as of today, and about 500 overnight.
There is a demand for these ventilators.
Deaths in America have exceeded a thousand / day. They need this.
New York city requested for 40000 ventilators, which is unrealistic but they can only shoot their shot.
America is still making purchases from China and other places they can get ventilators from. They're not just waiting for Dyson and GM. I say this to let you see that government doesn't have to be partnered before you can sell .
Dyson/GM involvement are special circumstances specifically set up to address the high demand in their various countries (who are still bidding in China btw)
There is no high demand in Nigeria yet.
If Innoson makes any ventilators, provided it's of high quality he will still be patronised whether by Nigerians or other countries.
Let him produce standard ventilators and the appropriate regulatory bodies will do their job. They shouldn't give him a pass because it's made in Nigeria, but because it meets all the standard requirements.
He will not be given the sole distribution of ventilators in Nigeria , which seems to be what you're asking for, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
ProWalker:

Which business environment are you talking about?

There is enough market incentive for Innoson or any manufacturer interested in producing ventilators

Dangote has been capitalizing on that environment. No Nigeria govt gives Dangote a dime except allowing him to source his FX at govt rate with funds source from Nigeria commercial banks and foreign banks

Innoson got into this mess because no Nigeria bank will commit funds into any of his project again knowing what transpired between him and one of the most reputable banks in Nigeria GTBank.

His credit rating with Nigeria banks is very low
Innoson in a mess? You must be a comedian. Nigeria is the one in a mess not a company still moving on with its regular business. I know many of you think you are doing him but you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Keep your money, pray you dont realise how useless the money is in the face of escalated medical crises.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by diplomat058(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

How am I contradicting myself? Production process is different from production. Or have you never heard of product planning? It seems your knowledge of economics stopped at 101. It's alright

Again, even the akamu maker is into production and thank God you just shot yourself that R&grin is not involved though you may not realize that before they produce the Akamu, R&grin would have been done to ascertain the number required, which inputs will be readily available, the package that best fits the environment e.t.c which is why we basically have different varieties of akamu. It's after all that has been done that the production of Akamu using corn or millet or wheat (whichever suits the producer), water, sieve, fire etc begins. You see, your view is so narrow you think it's until you have heavy machinery or big grammar and lab coats before you can have R&grin or production. It shows you're still learning.

I never said music wasn't production. You can quote where I said that. What I told you is you can't compare music with manufacturing because they are not the same. FYI music is an art, while manufacturing is a science based activity. It seems you have a very narrow view of concepts. You need to open your mind. You have so far failed to spot which part of your definition of production R&grin comes in
Bro, stop forcing it. R & D are part of production. You can't prove otherwise.

And the Akamu analogy was meant to be a rhetorics on your pettiness, it wasn't conceived of in the technical dissection of things.

Lols. Manufacturing is science, Music is art; which one is social science? Production transcends all sectors, guy. So, wood works and fine arts would be scientific productions too, under your naive categorisation.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by SmallmebigGod: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Innoson needs the 4billion he requested to mobilize.
He should take loan

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by SmallmebigGod: 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Did FG ask Dangote to refine some litres of fuel first before he got govt backing to build refinery? Govt should always support critical sectors, that's how countries grow not by begging.
What government back has he received that Innoson wants at the moment
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHAYOL81: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
sassysure:

Do you understand what the government is saying at all? The government ain't stopping him producing but he has to produce and show the quality of the product else they are not guaranteeing anything. If Innoson is so sure of what he wants to do here, he'd go on ahead and at least produce a prototype. Produce the market is waiting either within or outside the country, that's the simple message. I don't see why anybody has to wail about this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
diplomat058:
Bro, stop forcing it. R & D are part of production. You can't prove otherwise.

And the Akamu analogy was meant to be a rhetorics on your pettiness, it wasn't conceived of in the technical dissection of things.

Lols. Manufacturing is science, Music is art; which one is social science? Production transcends all sectors, guy. So, wood works and fine arts would be scientific productions too, under your naive categorisation.

grin grin

My pettiness or your ignorance? I've already told you what I need to tell you. Till now, you've not shown me where R& D sits in your definition of production. I expect you to be able to do that as an expert as you claim. Untill you're able to do that, all dis ur rambling can be done in the closest toilet to you.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by einsteine(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
Wilstino:
Bashir was wrong on this.

The guy's plant is for cars, I believe to make the ventilators some modification needs to be made and of course with cost implication.

The guy has to be sure of market/demand before going into it. The automakers in the US (GM, Ford et al), were asked by Govt to make the ventilators.

There is worldwide demand for those who CAN make ventilators.

Countries all over the world would test and buy your ventilators.

I don't like Buhari's media team but on this Bashir is right. State patronage is not necessary if you are doing quality work. Let Innoson make ordinary N95 Face Masks and he would be able to export them. There's a market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by idealogical: 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
It is not by force for Innoson to make respirators, he's free to continue assembling his cars and selling to the government like he's been doing instead of marketing and selling to the larger consumer market.

Businesses with conscience and a sense of social responsibilities are already spending their own money to order ventilators from China, they re not waiting or begging for anything before doing their patriotic best to help Nigeria.

He can make the respirators and give it to the FG free of charge as part of his own social responsibility or keep quiet and stop the hostage-taking noise about respirators, it is not by force.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by idealogical: 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
It is just sad than when well-meaning Nigerians are doing their best to complement the government's efforts by donating goods and services free of charge, we have Innoson with a self-acclaimed capacity to build and supply respirators, but not without giving him money and making a profit.

This is just too sad.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by deScifa(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Since you know this "secret" why haven't you and the govt gone to China to buy and put your name instead of disgracing Nigeria begging for ventilators on twitter?

Theres no point being sentimental here...go to Alibaba.com you will find all innoson products there made by Chinese manufacturers the only difference is the logo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by diplomat058(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

My pettiness or your ignorance? I've already told you what I need to tell you. Till now, you've not shown me where R& D sits in your definition of production. I expect you to be able to do that as an expert as you claim. Untill you're able to do that, all dis ur rambling can be done in the closest toilet to you.
You can swim on in your pool of self delusion, no qualms. How on earth does a self-acclaimed learned person need to be spoon-fed on how R & D, an integral aspect of manufacturing production, is part of production?

To create the utility, perhaps you don't know that you have to design the utility to be created and the resources committed to that end are passed of as manufacturing (R & D) costs. Go and tell Hyundai, Mercedes and Ford that their R & D departments are not production units of their firms.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by idealogical: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2020
diplomat058:
You can swim on in your pool of self delusion, no qualms. How on earth does a self-acclaimed learned person need to be spoon-fed on how R & D, an integral aspect of manufacturing production, is part of production?

To create the utility, perhaps you don't know that you have to design the utility to be created and the resources committed to that end are passed of as manufacturing (R & D) costs. Go and tell Hyundai, Mercedes and Ford that their R & D departments are not production units of their firms.

grin grin

That one will bore you to death with his rubbish, I've been avoiding him because he can not reason or argue beyond tribal and ethnic loyalty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
diplomat058:

grin grin

I've asked you were in the definition is R & D captured. Is it inputs or transformation or outputs cause those are the three production steps. As for your Ford and Hyundai R & D is under product development or planning not production. I still see you as a learner. You gave a definition and you can't model your argument into your definition. That's very low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Heffe: 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHAYOL81:

That guy kept correcting you but you tend to just go your ignorant way. And to believe your ilk likes your comment says so much about the intelligence of some lots we share this form with.
Jeez! you said yourselves that govt show support by visiting his site but not begging him to start the refinery before he started. And he surely didn't wait on govt fund to start too.
Who told you govt did not fund or funding dangote? Lemme tel you, wen dollar was selling at 370 in d black market, dangote was getting at 320 to 340 frm d cbn.. Also it has been agreed that by the time the refinery starts production, dangote will be getting the crude at a cheaper rate compared to the international market price .. That's how government encourage local investors.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by deScifa(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
JAMO84:
Innoson does not produce anything. He only assemble China made car components.

He should produce one good ventilator to prove he can do it, the attention will follow!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

Lol grin grin grin Stop it...its made in Nigeria
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
idealogical:

That one will bore you to death with his rubbish, I've been avoiding him because he can not reason or argue beyond tribal and ethnic loyalty.

Or because I school you everytime? grin grin
It's ok. You can see how he's struggling too. His mental ability compares favourably with urs. You can have him.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Heffe: 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

Dangote had already acquired land.

Had already sought and obtained loans.

Had already made agreements with suppliers of man and materials.

Please tell us why Innosons should be given 4billion Naira.
Obtained loans from where bros? 70% of the dangote refinery loans where obtained through the federal government of Nigeria
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Innoson needs the 4billion he requested to mobilize.

he should keep waiting
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Alashoalash10: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Imagine this response coming from FG spokesman to Innoson. Comparing a private company to a govt funded institution.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1246139083966935041
Only useless and stupid government official speaks like this, he produced motors did APC lead federal government buy from him,did our law makers buy from him,?, if he produced the ventilators will Nigeria government patronize him useless set of people
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by yommen: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
hybrid77:
Why do these guyz talk as if they have no sense

You should have called him on phone and discussed how his company canhelp with producing ventilators and other equipments needed

You dont come online to stupidly make useless remarks about someone that is willing to help

Well, for now, we dont need ventilators

If that changes, hmmmm...mk i nor talk

He went on media to tell government to place and he would produce. Was he not supposed to produce samples and present and then be taken serious? Na common Hausa man don shame Igbo man this time.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by rusher14: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
Heffe:

Obtained loans from where bros? 70% of the dangote refinery loans where obtained through the federal government of Nigeria

Stop the misinformation.

I don't know what you guys gain from all these lies.

Dangote obtained a 4.25 billion dollar loan from a consortium of banks in 2013.

They include Standard Chartered and FirstRand Bank and a plethora of Nigerian banks such as GTB.

The only thing Dangote sought were waivers, and discounts on dollar purchases.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Tflesk: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

Maybe BUK hasn't produced a ventilator but can we deny they are in process of engineering one?

What is Innosons basis for requesting money for production?
Atleast to be sure nigeria will buy from him...
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
eyinjuege:

There doesn't have to be any government partnerships anywhere in the world.
There are top ventilator companies in the world, where people purchase even before the pandemic, without the input of any governments.
When you build new hospitals with ICU capacity, they normally order new ventilators from anywhere in the world with a favourable price. It's not an amazon order, but one you would have made months in advance.
Same thing if old ventilators can no longer be repaired, they are replaced by orders.
General Motors (GM, Ford), Dyson are only just joining the race because they have been tasked by the various govts to do so, because existing companies cannot meet the demand.
The UK has over 3600 deaths as of today, and about 500 overnight.
There is a demand for these ventilators.
Deaths in America have exceeded a thousand / day. They need this.
New York city requested for 40000 ventilators, which is unrealistic but they can only shoot their shot.
America is still making purchases from China and other places they can get ventilators from. They're not just waiting for Dyson and GM. I say this to let you see that government doesn't have to be partnered before you can sell .
Dyson/GM involvement are special circumstances specifically set up to address the high demand in their various countries (who are still bidding in China btw)
There is no high demand in Nigeria yet.
If Innoson makes any ventilators, provided it's of high quality he will still be patronised whether by Nigerians or other countries.
Let him produce standard ventilators and the appropriate regulatory bodies will do their job. They shouldn't give him a pass because it's made in Nigeria, but because it meets all the standard requirements.
He will not be given the sole distribution of ventilators in Nigeria , which seems to be what you're asking for, right?

I repeat, u don't produce radioactive material like ventilators without your govt backing.

Innoson can't manufacture without NNRA licence.
(Its like setting up a filling station. U must get nnpc licence before u embark on that).Do you know how nnra works or issues licence to manufactures? That is the backing innoson is asking for. He is expressly asking govt to grant him the licence espresso to dive into manufacturing ventilators without the usual bottleneck that takes time. Also if he gets NNRA licence, he also need govt backing that they should be used in our hospitals which govt has more than 90% ownership of as far as big hospitals are concerned.

NNRA belongs to Nigerian govt. Unless they give u licence to operate, u can never ever venture into sensitive production like that.
By the way, NNRA is Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority.
Kind of elite paraststal. The parent body is IAEA in Vienna.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by GistFullGround: 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2020

Innoson wants to assemble the parts from china then brand them as "innoson"

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
Reading most posts here has made me see that an average Nigerian don't make research. They speak on issues based on sentiments.

In Nigeria, some companies need licence to produce certain goods or render certain services.
The licence is renewable and some run in millions.
If u are into sensitive production, u need such licence to produce and go through inspection yearly, quarterly etc depending on what u do for your licence to be renewed.

That is the work of NNRA. They issue such licence.
Every country has their own body but they are all answerable to IAEA. That is not your average parastatal and not well known. Actually more than 70% Nigerians don't know about them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors Meet Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Death: Abba Kyari’s Last Moments / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.