Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer (81850 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Akwa Ibom Government Partners With Innoson On Mass Transit (Photos) / Buhari Commiserates With Innoson On Mother’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by MarieAnn2012: 9:14am On Apr 04, 2020
KosiGee:

young man’s device 7’t be of much assistance in any isolation ward. That is not a mechanical ventilator. He is misinformed and do not have any clue what a ventilator is and what it does.

His machine is a manual resuscitator. It can be part of an emergency resus box. If you are performing a basic life support, that device can be used to give oxygen to the patient.

Ventilator is more complex with micro processors and we should be careful what we support and introduce into our health care system. Even the top end ones when used by highly trained medics can still harm the patient.

Ventilators aid breathing in patients who are very poorly and can’t without assistance. It gives measured amount of O2 and take out CO2. I don’t even think that Innoson has the capacity to provide a good ventilator at this time...take into account that the vital aspects of this machine need to be sterilised. The tubes that go into the patient can cause secondary health problem to the patient....Any ventilator whether INNOSON’s or Bayero Uni’s need to be very rugged and robust to withstand Nigeria’s fluctuating and unstable electricity/power.

Covid virus attacks the lung’s cilia which prevents build up of mucus. A ventilator helps to prevent that and it must be good enough to work efficiently delivering air.

Thanks, they all jumped on Innoson.

Between Innoson and Bayero University who is more capable of producing anything close to a ventilator in Nigeria

Cc iamPatriotic
That won't work here, when they don't have salient point. They resort to this usual line. Ndi uchu
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Lovelyn451(f): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2020
I thought When somebody doesn't regard you, psychologically u should also snub and totally disregard that person even if they're your parents. Why are Igbo's still trying to gum body with this evil govt. Will he respond to dangote like this? no respect at all... Tomorrow he'll take his hard earned millions to fg as covid 19 contribution...

I grew up in the north o, Muslims don't appreciate anything given them by a christian, all my life living here I've never given them anything, highest amount I give their beggars is #10. They feel belittled when a christian gives them much and they feel jealous

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by unmask: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2020
mekaboy:

You are in no position to determine what he can and cannot do . The same innoson with very little capacity is the one GTB a whole corporate entity went into his account to steal funds from.

Even if he assembles parts from china, is the end product not a car?

The main point here is that government has to reach out to know what he needs to support in the production. Does he need to fly in more chinese partners? Does he need waivers to bring in parts?

Nigeria is so unstable, ventilators cost much and it's not something you jump into producing for government. They could end up taking it on credit and wont pay after the pandemic.

There is alot that goes into such and he knows why he is making himself available if the government needs assistance.

The UK government placed order for 10,000 ventilators from Dyson. They started to work on it after Boris Johnson called the owner of the company to request. Their major product is not ventilators, but they had to on request of the government. That's how things are done.

You dont sit in the comfort of your room producing nothing and determine what someone who started from scratch to build a multibillion naira business can and cannot do.

This is beyond you.
modify your Dyson story to the fact that Dyson produced a prototype, before orders were made..... I don't see why there is an issue here. If you can do it, produce at least one or two and the orders will fly in.

This is not tribalistic it is basic business. If not every company that assembles anything will ask the FG for 4bn to produce ventilators.

If he really can do it, he should produce a prototype and present to the FG. If it is rejected without concrete reasons only then can we begin to condemn them.

And he should act fast, because while he is waiting for the Govt, someone else is preparing a prototype

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by CSTR2: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2020
anonimi:

Have you seen BUK’s ventilators?
Look before you leap. See before you conclude.
They don't know the enormity and importance of the project until God forbids, we have thousands of people that need ventilators to breathe and nobody to sell.

That is when they would know the difference between a producer and a researcher.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by BeautifulMind2: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2020
leokid866:
Lol like he is the only one gtb steals from....ps there are mechanical ventilators that can be built and produced easily....which is what the University is trying to do.....if you dont believe me Google Virgin ventilator design or funfere koroye who is even Nigerian....these are people who have designed and built ventilator prototypes to help provide a solution....meanwhile innoson that has not put screw and bolt together is asking for 4billion.....lol.
Just see how children of hate twist things, please when did Innoson asked FG for 4 billion, same way Punch newspaper fabricated story that Gov Obiano of Anambra state ask FG for 1 billion, serious you guys are something else.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by mekaboy(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Stop this defeatist mentality!
Dangote saw the vacuum,
he made a plan,
mopped up his personal cash and some cash from some close friends/allies,
Approached the banks for massive loan with his plans.
Govt saw an opportunity and keyed into it!!!

What has innoson done concerning his ventilator project? undecided

PS; I'm igbo before you start with tribal slurs!

Dangote is government and government is dangote. Secondly he built a plant to produce what he considered an opportunity in Nigeria. He did not just wake up and start building a refinery because there was few weeks fuel scarcity in Nigeria. Innoson is into plastics and other items as well. These are products which he knows will always have market in Nigeria. They are also affordable to most people in Nigeria. The companies contacted by boris johnson to make ventilators in UK are not into ventilators. Before you get a company to shift from their primary product to produce because of shortage you must show firm commitment . There is a reason why US companies are waiting on government support to produce.

4 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2020
PHAYOL81:

Don't dumbly bring Lagos into this. The BRT you talk about are produced in Lagos and the state even has a partnership deal on each produced unit. The state has her numerous car plants and/or makers who pay direct tax to the coffer, why would she patronise any other from some other state other than the ones in her domain.
Sometimes I just feel I can't deal with the subpar level of some people IQ here.

Which BRT was produced in Lagos, you mean the Marcopolo Buses? Where is Volvo plant in Lagos that manufactured those buses.

These same buses we saw when Ambode imported them is now being produced in Lagos?

Ogaooo, take am easy dey lie.

4 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by unmask: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2020
anonimi:

Have you seen BUK’s ventilators?
Look before you leap. See before you conclude.
but the point is BUK did not ask for money first
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by CodeTemplar: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Imagine this response coming from FG spokesman to Innoson. Comparing a private company to a govt funded institution.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1246139083966935041
The Bashir Ahmaad guy is right on this one. Innoson didn't have to come to the public and act like a saviour that should be begged. If you want to start a business you start it. He isn't doing anyone favour by assembling and selling ventilators, so he had no business shinning his irrelevant 32 in public about being 'able to' make ventilators.
Did Tesla guy beg the public to beg him before doing his own which by the way is charitable?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by BeautifulMind2: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:
modify your Dyson story to the fact that Dyson produced a prototype, before orders were made..... I don't see why there is an issue here. If you can do it, produce at least one or two and the orders will fly in.

This is not tribalistic it is basic business. If not every company that assembles anything will ask the FG for 4bn to produce ventilators.

If he really can do it, he should produce a prototype and present to the FG. If it is rejected without concrete reasons only then can we begin to condemn them.

And he should act fast, because while he is waiting for the Govt, someone else is preparing a prototype
Innoson never ask FG for one Kobo

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by CSTR2: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:

Innoson is not running away.

Taking a risk of 4 billion naira is not the worst way to spend money, compared to how much waste takes place everyday in govt.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by unmask: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
No serious businessman makes such huge investment for a demand that could be over in less than 4 months except the company wants to go into such production for a long term which is not the case we are having. You dont build refinery because NUPENG is on strike and fuel is scarce, that's what you are asking Innoson to do.

The demand for ventilators has a very short span and very unpredictable, only a guaranteed order can make any serious company make such a huge investment in it. That also explains why it's still scarce otherwise every Tom Dick and harry will divert to it in other countries.

GM can now produce because Trump has given an order. Why haven't Toyota and Honda started? It's simply because they haven't gotten a concrete order and Japan is not in dire need of it like Nigerian.
Does he need to modify his plant to produce a prototype?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by mekaboy(m): 9:24am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:

Dyson was never interested in making ventilators till they were consulted. It was after they were consulted that they designed the new Covent ventilators. This will still be tested to ensure it meets requirements before they are used. The UK has already placed other for 10,000 and this is the first of the kind of ventilators. Which might or might not meet requirements. But they are willing to take the chance with a local company.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by bigiyaro(m): 9:31am On Apr 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Innoson needs the 4billion he requested to mobilize.
them go share the profit or how?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Stop this defeatist mentality!
Dangote saw the vacuum,
he made a plan,
mopped up his personal cash and some cash from some close friends/allies,
Approached the banks for massive loan with his plans.
Govt saw an opportunity and keyed into it!!!

What has innoson done concerning his ventilator project? undecided

PS; I'm igbo before you start with tribal slurs!
I don't do tribal stuff, I do common sense. Somebody must have assured him of regular crude supply before he starts building refinery otherwise it's always cheaper to produce anything abroad than Nigeria. If he didn't Nigeria can wake up and refine crude outside while the refinery lie fallow.

Govt has a part to play in things like this.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by mekaboy(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:

Is it not when government shows interest that they request for prototypes? Or are you requesting for prototypes on behalf of government online?

He knows how he produced ambulance, fire trucks and police Van's for government. So he knows why he is asking the government to show interest before he does this. He understands government more than you do.

Air peace onyema did not wait for government before he went and airlifted Nigerians from south Africa. What happened next? Scandal of money laundry and his name was dragged to the mud. The same Nigerians that hailed him for what he did, came online to call him a thief, claiming he was fronting for jonathan and corrupt thieves. We know you people.

4 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:
Yes he does.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Uncletony(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2020
rusher14:

Dangote had already started building his refinery.

He had already received loans from his banks.

The government is right even the USA would buy Innosons ventilators, so what is he waiting for?

So Trump that asked automobile company in the US to retool and produce ventilator is mad abi, let them continue begging and disgracing themselves online. Why am I even replying a slowpoke like you

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Sterope:
FG cannot give N4bn to Innoson. You don't even know what Innoson is planning. You don't know what is going on but FG should give out N4bn because Innoson said so. We don't know the details of Bayero's production. Let's not assume.

Innoson knows the government. They ahve worked together in the past. Nothing about this present issue is bigotry except for overzealous bigots who are used to seeing bigotry everywhere.

Kindly educate me on what innoson is planning. What innoson said is what I'm basing my argument on. If there's fraud in his assertion, kindly expose it. I'll join the forefront of the waggon to denounce him.
Bayero is not producing. It's a fact. They are thinking of producing but not producing. Have they ever produced air compressors? Or when did they suddenly develop capacity to produce compressors? Is it done overnight? Automakers have that capacity because ventilators basically work on same principle with car ACs.
This same bashir claimed there are millions of millionaires who became millionaires from rice farming in Kano. Where are they now to donate to govt at this times or do they only exist during campaigns?
If innoson is quoting to high a price, they can meet with him to negotiate but to throw it all in the trash can under the guise of he's asking for money is a very dull move. Especially for beggars.

5 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by diplomat058(m): 9:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Bro, I think the productive part of the BUK that the guy made reference to has to do with the R & D unit of production. Since, design is also part of production, we can say the guy is right. However, designing a product and producing a prototype doesn't mean that the designer has the capacity for mass production to meet a large demand. The is the basic difference between BUK, a research institution and Innoson, an Industrial Automaker.
Agboriotejoye:

I still insist he's an idiot. Since Bayero is now producing, let FG give them the 4bn innoson is asking for to expand production. With that there won't be any need to beg Elon.
This guy is a barefaced liar that's where I'm going. When did Bayero develop an air compression factory that they're producing ventilators. They might be THINKING of doing so but definitely not doing it. If they were, and this govt is not helping them expand to meet at least half of our demands, then the govt is more stupid than I thought.

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by mekaboy(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2020
A government that says they dont need ventilators and the next minute they are begging ventilators online cant be taken serious. You people online are even taking this corona issue more serious than the government.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by PHIPEX(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:

What stops a serious govt in need of saving lives of its citizens from calling the company to ask of prototype? That shows commitment not when a govt is indifferent.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by vioment: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2020
I like that. It is not audio things in this times.

Nice one from bayero and s/o innoson for past glory.

I don't know the facts yet, especially about what each Institute is doing in regards to ventilators.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by anonimi: 9:38am On Apr 04, 2020
unmask:
but the point is BUK did not ask for money first

Pointless no point.
How many ventilators has BUK made and delivered that are working perfectly since when

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Chpstcks(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Tpave:
I think he is right this time
He isn't. They're waiting for someone to commit resources, so they can commandeer it and sink a legitimate business. Leave propaganda. Why are they not using executive powers?
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Bayero University produced ventilators? shocked. Lie kee you there
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by favour32(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Ahmed!
Health matter na politics again?
Na una dey beg Elon for ventilators.
For ya backyard,you dey get bad mouth abi rotten mouth.
Make I tell you Ahmed,
the first person wey die of coronavirus for Nigeria nor be poor man o.
Nor think coronavirus dey check bank accounts.
You had better correct ya brain.
Who need something,nai e hand dey long pass.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by GEEBITE: 9:42am On Apr 04, 2020
Does GM make ventilators before the president use the defense procurement act to order them to start production. I thought at your level you should know most manufacturing lines can be reconfigured to make things that are similar. Ventilators are hard ware,software and electronics like cars. If I whisper something to you about Dangote refinery,the shock might be too much for you to bear. Btw,has Dangote ever been involved in oil and gas before he started building the refinery? Also has he not been getting concessions in forex,loans and tax holidays?
rusher14:

Innosons does not produce ventilators and hasn't even produced a prototype. Yet you want government to just credit him with some baloney 4 billion Naira because he says he can make it.

Na wa o.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by AntiWailer: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2020
PHIPEX:
Did FG ask Dangote to refine some litres of fuel first before he got govt backing to build refinery? Govt should always support critical sectors, that's how countries grow not by begging.

What Govt backing ?

Govt helped him to borrow money from banks ?

Every concession given to him on Forex etc was given to other companies locally producing stuffs too.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2020
There's just toooo many idíots in this government. There's no other explanation
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by Trendishine: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2020
This bashir Ahmad is a foool and had always been a foool. He has entrenched pains and misgivings for successful igbo men from the east and always go against or antagonize any thing even when he is dying and they have the vaccine to save is frustrated soul. Ediot that can only survive through stolen funds and government money, what has he achieved for himself that is of any significance to humanity. Malus... See how careless he talks. Almajiri on twitter.. Who gave the aboki a phone ? Ediot. If not stolen government money he should be selling onions and bitter kola in alaba rago.. Bashir almajiri malu Ahmad.
Re: Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer by pressplay411(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2020
Fariq:

He is waiting for the government to beg him, so that they will have something to chestbeat.

They will even one day in the future claim that; "if not for Innoson, Nigeria would not have arrested the coronavirus outbreak".

Tribalism will eventually kill Nigeria if we don't kill it.
The average igbo is a tribalistic bigot. Always seeing tribal undertone in everything.
Even if you were not tribalistic before, once you come in contact with them, they make you tribalistic.

Biafra killed the igbo tribe, not only physically but also mentally.
Only few igbos that have evolved are not tribalistic in their outlook of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet Bichi Yusuf Magaji: Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss / Tinubu Appoints Gbajabiamila Chief Of Staff / Sunday Aghaeze: New York People Dirty & Smelly- Buhari Camera Man Blasts America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.