Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members (873 Views)

Lady Cries As Man Introduces Her To His Family, Ends Up Marrying Another Lady / He insisted I take in before marriage / No Wonder Why My Parent Insisted I Must Marry From Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
Gudmorning Nairalanders,l op we all had a great nite.av been a member of nairaland for some yrs now but a silent member.
Pls guys l need ur advice on dis issue,in my place of work(school)though am close to most of the staff,so last month dis guy(lawyer) he works with the proprietor of the school which is a barrister, they av an office in d school compound.So this where l need ur advise is dat the guy asked me out last Thursday, l accepted his proposal but the issue now is that the guy has been pestering me to meet his family members so they could know me,and l insisted that am not ready but my mom said l should go and see them,and from our chats,this guy is someone who is desperate to get married,and am not ready, am going for service dis yr,though my feelings for him isn't strong at all.
Please Nairalanders,should l go or tell him to give me tym
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by duduade: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Shine your eyes before you enter one chance
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by Bola146(f): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
"am not ready, am going for service dis yr,though my feelings for him isn't strong at all"
Simple, tell him to give you time or release him. Don't waste his time and don't play with his emotions.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Aunty want to reach camp ground single so she can explore... grin grin cheesy grin

Ma, don't rush something you aren't feeling. Tell him what's on your mind if he understands,fine if not let him go. Thing is, introducing you to his family is just a way to tame you before going for service. Baba self want some ASSURANCE grin

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by yanabasee(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
You don't need any advice from anybody...

You are not ready and you don't have feelings for him...All you have to do is to talk to him and not us.....

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by baralatie(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
olawumi171:
Gudmorning Nairalanders,l op we all had a great nite.av been a member of nairaland for some yrs now but a silent member.
Pls guys l need ur advice on dis issue,in my place of work(school)though am close to most of the staff,so last month dis guy(lawyer) he works with the proprietor of the school which is a barrister, they av an office in d school compound.So this where l need ur advise is dat the guy asked me out last Thursday, l accepted his proposal but the issue now is that the guy has been pestering me to meet his family members so they could know me,and l insisted that am not ready but my mom said l should go and see them,and from our chats,this guy is someone who is desperate to get married,and am not ready, am going for service dis yr,though my feelings for him isn't strong at all.
make up ya mind based on straightforward thinking

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by ednut1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
The man is not that rich lol
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by mechanics(m): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Since your mind has not yet agreed with him, it does not make sense seeing his people.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
olawumi171:

Although it is too soon but nothing stop you from going.

Just let him know you are going to meet his family as a FRIEND.

You still need time to know him and visiting his family as FRIEND is no BIG DEAL.

If he is cool with that NO BIG DEAL, go ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by Kobicove(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
olawumi171:
Pls guys l...

Just tell the guy straight up that you're not ready for marriage.

I understand that you want to keep your options open so you can meet other people and have a better chance of making an informed decision.

You do not owe anyone any apologies!
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by yemmit90: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
olawumi171:

What is your main reason for accepted him when you know your feelings is not that strong for him?
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
duduade:
Shine your eyes before you enter one chance
thanks
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bola146:

"am not ready, am going for service dis yr,though my feelings for him isn't strong at all"
Simple, tell him to give you time or release him. Don't waste his time and don't play with his emotions.
thanks sis,my relationship with him before he wooed me was just platonic dat y l said so,l guess d feeling will grow as tym goes on
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
mechanics:
Since your mind has not yet agreed with him, if does not make sense seeing his people.
thanks for d advice

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
BestAccessories:

Although it is too soon but nothing stop you from going.

Just let him know you are going to meet his family as a FRIEND.

You still need time to know him and visiting his family as FRIEND is no BIG DEAL.

If he is cool with that NO BIG DEAL, go ahead.
thank so much,l met dem today,because my aunt base in dat state,so l called him to let meet
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Thanks to everyone for ur perspectives, really appreciate it
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by olawumi171(f): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
shocked shocked
ednut1:
Re: My Boyfriend Insisted L See His Family Members by Lamanii22(f): 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
ednut1:

Maddo... Loool

(1) (Reply)

(video)man Saw His Fiance A Night To Their Wedding Having Sex With The Best Man / UK Ladies Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / Wife Catches Husband Sleeping With House Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.