Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II (1350787 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase / Android, Anyone? Part II / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2014
mrvocalprowess: hello,if i uninstall my bbm n download it again, will my pin change ?

No. Unless u change ur device, but ur contacts will not be removed
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Hey guys,

My HTC One S abruptly went off last night and I haven't been able to turn it on since. I "suspect" it's charging because the charging LED is on. And the battery wasn't even drained when it went off.

I've tried fast boot (holding the power button and volume down button for at least 2 minutes), I got nada! I've been charging it for at least 7 hours now, yet nada!

Any tips guys?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
farouqzaib: Hey guys,

My HTC One S abruptly went off last night and I haven't been able to turn it on since. I "suspect" it's charging because the charging LED is on. And the battery wasn't even drained when it went off.

I've tried fast boot (holding the power button and volume down button for at least 2 minutes), I got nada! I've been charging it for at least 7 hours now, yet nada!

Any tips guys?

Did u just say u tried booting into fastboot and u couldn't?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by swarzB: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
any mechanizatin on the tecno phantom M9 yet guys? i mean Rooting, Rom Upgrade and all.. cool cool cool
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Indiegold2010

Yeah, I tried that. Power button plus volume down button, right? I got nada.

How bad is it?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
indigold2010:

No. Unless u change ur device, but ur contacts will not be removed
tanks...
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigold2010

Oh my, that is incorrect! I think I meant to say I tried booting into the bootloader.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
farouqzaib: @indigold2010

Oh my, that is incorrect! I think I meant to say I tried booting into the bootloader.

Calm down. Put phone off completely. Then press power down and volume down button and that should get u into the fastboot screen. Try if u can achieve this then I can suggest what can be don next
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indiegold2010

I've tried it a dozen of times. No reaction. No screen! No vibration! Nada! The charging LED only comes on when plugged in.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
farouqzaib: @indiegold2010

I've tried it a dozen of times. No reaction. No screen! No vibration! Nada! The charging LED only comes on when plugged in.

That's looks like a brick. Can u start by telling me exactly what happened if u want me to help u
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigold2010

Thank you very much for your responses. I placed a call and couldn't end it because the screen froze. Then I tapped the screen several times, still no response. I think I pushed the power button down until it went off. I turned it on but it was very slow, so I turned it off. I turned it back on, it was up for a while then it went off.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2014

Thank you very much for your responses. I placed a call and couldn't end it because the screen froze. Then I tapped the screen several times, still no response. I think I pushed the power button down until it went off. I turned it on but it was very slow, so I turned it off. I turned it back on, it was up for a while then it went off.

Nothing from ur explanation should lead to a brick. Since u can't get into fastboot it's gonna be really hard saving ur phone. But if u good with add I do suggest u give it a go. Install htc drivers on ur pc then download the adb zip folder, it's EVERYWERE on the Internet. Plug ur phone to ur pc and open downloaded adb folder, put ur mouse on an empty space in the folder and make sure non of the files in the folder is highlighted, then press shift and right click with ur mouse together then select open command line from the option that pops up, then type in this code. Plz hit enter after every line.
Adb devices
Adb reboot bootloader

Then tell me if phone boots into fastboot
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Not devuses I meant devices
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigold2010

Thank you very much. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2014

Thank you very much. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes.

Alright
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigold2010,

I've installed HTC drivers and adb & fasboot. Adb doesn't list my device when I do adb devices
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
farouqzaib: @indigold2010,

I've installed HTC drivers and adb & fasboot. Adb doesn't list my device when I do adb devices

Don't let the non listing bother u. Did u try the second command
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigo2010

Yes, I did. It reported "error device: not found"
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by indigold2010(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
farouqzaib: @indigo2010

Yes, I did. It reported "error device: not found"
U need a miracle now. Let me think
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by farouqzaib: 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
@indigold2010,

Okay. Thank you very much for your time.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Idboyostic(m): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls my brother's bold 2 trackpad was faulty i.e it doesn't scroll any longer, @ 1st he thought that d trackpad is weak until he gave an engineer 2 fix a new trackpad 4 him. It works 4 sometimes and it stopped working so I decided 2 come here 4 help because he went back and d engineer was lik is 'ICIN PROBLEM', don't knw mayb am right with d spelling though. Wanna know mayb it is or he s just beatn round d bush...pls help
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by dudulalah: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls engineers, how much would it cost me to replace the screen of my bold 5 bb? Someone told me to pay 10K but it sounds expensive to me
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls what's d cost to change BB Torch1 flex, my screen hz gone totally out
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by dragnet: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
dudulalah: Pls engineers, how much would it cost me to replace the screen of my bold 5 bb? Someone told me to pay 10K but it sounds expensive to me
last time I did such it cost 7.5k service charge inclusive
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by dragnet: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
beatsbug: Pls what's d cost to change BB Torch1 flex, my screen hz gone totally out
3k should fix it.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by dragnet: 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Idboyostic: Pls my brother's bold 2 trackpad was faulty i.e it doesn't scroll any longer, @ 1st he thought that d trackpad is weak until he gave an engineer 2 fix a new trackpad 4 him. It works 4 sometimes and it stopped working so I decided 2 come here 4 help because he went back and d engineer was lik is 'ICIN PROBLEM', don't knw mayb am right with d spelling though. Wanna know mayb it is or he s just beatn round d bush...pls help
he meant I.C. the integrated circuit controlling the trackpad.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Idboyostic(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2014
dragnet:
he meant I.C. the integrated circuit controlling the trackpad.
4rm ur xperience could dis b the solution?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by aba05: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2014
pls how will i be able to upgrade lg f120l to version 4.0 pls help me.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by fijabi(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
@all,pls my E51 refuse to install java application it says unable to install,pls what can i do to resolve dis problem thanks.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by sowprice(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
pls how do i root my tecno d3.i need help urgently
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Tsmooth1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
I got many m3 users in my area, in the area were i live i don't get 3G when using MTN on my M3 but other areas i get 3G but my neighbour who recently bought his M3 gets full 3G network in my area(H+), i held his phone put on my 3G on my phone but i still got edge and his own was still showing full 3G , i got another neigbours phone who also uses M3 put on his 3G but it was still showing edge and still this guy who recently bought his M3 was geting full 3G, i thought it was a sim issue but when i took my sim and put in his phone it showed full 3G(H+), i took his sim and put in my phone and was still geting edge while my sim was showing 3G in his phone, what is the cause? I need 3G because am at home most part of the day after work. Please can someone help me out? Thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by realshel: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
whats d cost of fixing a screen for samsung S3

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1217) (Reply)

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.