Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,057 members, 7,845,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II - Phones (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II (1361609 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase / Android, Anyone? Part II / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by clintino700(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Is there any sub plan for BB playbook in Nigeria??
Cos I don't understand that tab at all u cant find all these commonly used apps like WhatsApp, operamini n co to download...my bought it when she travelled to UAE
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Annapecky:
My prob is dat i lost my b.b touch 1 nd i dnt hav money 2 buy anoda 1 help!!! i nid solutionz!

so wetin make we do...u funny o
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Annapecky(f): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
yusufogrin:

so wetin make we do...u funny o
Tink of sumfin nah
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by saibinc(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
clintino700:
Is there any sub plan for BB playbook in Nigeria??
Cos I don't understand that tab at all u cant find all these commonly used apps like WhatsApp, operamini n co to download...my bought it when she travelled to UAE
Glo's 2.5k for 4.5 GB works for it.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tomisinobm(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hello, I have a cracked sm p601. Im about replacing the screen myself, Ive order a replacement from aliexpress and watched youtube videos. This isnt my first time doing such advanced stuff as I have worked with the lcd cable before. Do you have any advice for me?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Guyz please help my android phone back button isn't functioning
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MaxGraviton: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Teemhothy:
Guyz please help my android phone back button isn't functioning

Is your phone rooted? If YES, download Xposed installer & Gravity box.
Thesr Apps help perform many tweaks, One of them is the Onscreen button tweak. So you can use this till you're ready to change your touch pad.
- Install these Apps and move them to internal memory (Vely vely imporant grin)
- Run Xposed and Click on Modules , then tick the box beside Gravity box, then reboot your phone.
- Open Gravity box goto Navigation bar tweaks , Put on the Master Switch, then Enable Navigation bar Option and Set it to your preference. And you should have onscreen
buttons.

Something Liks this...

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by JBurgess95: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you're looking to unlock your phone, then i'd highly recommend you check out this piece of software. It's a Sim network unlock pin generator and works great, I've used it on several occassions on all of my mobile phones. Here's the link to it: http://freemobileunlocks.com/tools/sim-network-unlock-pin-generator/
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
MaxGraviton:

Is your phone rooted? If YES, download Xposed installer & Gravity box.
Thesr Apps help perform many tweaks, One of them is the Onscreen button tweak. So you can use this till you're ready to change your touch pad.
- Install these Apps and move them to internal memory (Vely vely imporant grin)
- Run Xposed and Click on Modules , then tick the box beside Gravity box, then reboot your phone.
- Open Gravity box goto Navigation bar tweaks , Put on the Master Switch, then Enable Navigation bar Option and Set it to your preference. And you should have onscreen
buttons.

Something Liks this...

Thanks a bunch... Gonna try it now
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MaxGraviton: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Teemhothy:

Thanks a bunch... Gonna try it now

You're Wellu-Kom.
Pls I'll appreciate your feedback.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by clintino700(m): 12:28am On Oct 26, 2015
I will try just that.. Tanx
saibinc:

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by lordmayor4(m): 4:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Just rooted the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and flashed Gnabo rom in it. Tab is more sweeter now. Still for sale tho
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2015
MaxGraviton:

You're Wellu-Kom.
Pls I'll appreciate your feedback.

couldnt find xposed installer on play store....i saw xposed module....link to download it will be much appreciated.....btw i've already downloaded gravity box....was having problem with finding xposed installer b4 my phone died yesterday
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

couldnt find xposed installer on play store....i saw xposed module....link to download it will be much appreciated.....btw i've already downloaded gravity box....was having problem with finding xposed installer b4 my phone died yesterday
That's the Xposed Repository: http://repo.xposed.info
You need the Xposed installed to install the Xposed framework and manage the modules before the modules will work.
Your device must be rooted.

Use a root explorer (eg ES File Explorer) navigate to /system/build.prop
On a new line write:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

When you reboot a navigation bar will appear, to edit or theme the navbar then use the Xposed Module Xstansa, or AOSP/Xperia Navigation Bar.
You can find the modules in the repository.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by mindtricks: 9:01am On Oct 26, 2015
mindtricks:

Carlcaresophia,

I really do appreciate the concern. Having gone and come back, I now ended up with the audio port being fixed, but the software version the phone returned with is giving me issues.

The audio/sound is rather poor, the new interface buggy, battery dropping fast, and it seem like the phone might not be the same phone as the user available storage space now got reduced from former 1GB plus down to about 500mb.

Anyway this can be fixed, at least let me have the former stable interface/software version?

Recall, that I have been to your Opebi Carlcare office, countless times that it will only be natural for me to lose confidence in their ability to go straight to the point and save their customers all the unwaranted stress. At this stage, you can tell what kind of opinion I should have what Carlcare and Tecno is all about.

Waiting for your reply.

Carlcaresophia:

Hi, we are sorry for this kind of problem. We had transfered your information to our colleagues to check the details. Please wait with patience. Thank you!

Carlcaresophia:

Hi, please wait with patience. Our colleagues will contact you ASAP. Thank you!

Hello Carlcaresophia,

I have been waiting going to 2 weeks now. Your people still have not gotten me and you choose not to reply my posts here.

I need to hear from ASAP to know my next line of action.

For a phone I bought and only ever repaired at Carlcare Opebi office going to about 6 times now, I think I deserve better than this.

Please I need you to respond.

Thank you.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MaxGraviton: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

Okay No qualms. . . Here is a Link.

http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/themes/APKMirror/download.php?id=16499

PLEASE. Make sure the Gravity box is for your OS. I.e if you're on Jellybean, download GravityBox(JB) . If you're on KitKat, download GravityBox(KK) . Very Imporant.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by lordmayor4(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
Anyone know people who can buy glass screen protector in bulk for : iPhone : 4,5,6,6+. Samsung : S3,4,5,6 and Note 4,5. BlackBerry : Z3, 10,30 and Q10. Tecno: F7, H5,6,7.
Good price for wholesale.
Thanks
Contact in signature
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by dre4u(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
saibinc:

Ok. But you will have to get the Stock ROM in order to flash the phone. You may check here: How to Flash MTK Android with Stock ROM -the tutorial contains detailed info on how to get your stock ROM and how to flash the phone.

Meanwhile, before you proceed flashing the phone, what kind of malfunction have you noticed on the phone?
It might be a minor issue.
Unwanted application keep installing and launching itself, also it keep saying measure has stop working.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Gheritage(m): 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
pls help me, I have enough space both in phone and d SD, but I don't know why my phone always complain of insufficient space any time I want to download on my Techno Phantom N9...(I what do I do...?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by ultravires(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
saibinc:

Bros abeg my bold 5 blackberry just went off itself and have refused to come up ever since then, what can be done to this. Thanks for your prompt response
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
MaxGraviton:

Okay No qualms. . . Here is a Link.

http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/themes/APKMirror/download.php?id=16499

PLEASE. Make sure the Gravity box is for your OS. I.e if you're on Jellybean, download GravityBox(JB) . If you're on KitKat, download GravityBox(KK) . Very Imporant.

OK I've downloaded xposed installer and gravity box kk.... I ticked gravity box in the module section of the xposed installer.... And then I reboot.... But I got this when I launched gravity box upon reboot

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MaxGraviton: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

OK I've downloaded xposed installer and gravity box kk.... I ticked gravity box in the module section of the xposed installer.... And then I reboot.... But I got this when I launched gravity box upon reboot

Put the two apps on the Internal memory of your phone.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
MaxGraviton:

Put the two apps on the Internal memory of your phone.
How will I do that?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Karmanaut:

That's the Xposed Repository: http://repo.xposed.info
You need the Xposed installed to install the Xposed framework and manage the modules before the modules will work.
Your device must be rooted.

Use a root explorer (eg ES File Explorer) navigate to /system/build.prop
On a new line write:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

When you reboot a navigation bar will appear, to edit or theme the navbar then use the Xposed Module Xstansa, or AOSP/Xperia Navigation Bar.
You can find the modules in the repository.

Could you be more clear Pls?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

Could you be more clear Pls?
How clearer can I be?
Is your phone rooted?
If it's rooted then download ES File Explorer, in ES File Explorer navigate to /system/build.prop
Edit that build.prop file.
In a new line write:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Then save the changes and reboot your phone.
You'll wee a navigation bar when your phone turns on.
Note that you must be running android 3.0+ for this to work.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Karmanaut:

How clearer can I be?
Is your phone rooted?
If it's rooted then download ES File Explorer, in ES File Explorer navigate to /system/build.prop
Edit that build.prop file.
In a new line write:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Then save the changes and reboot your phone.
You'll wee a navigation bar when your phone turns on.
Note that you must be running android 3.0+ for this to work.

You mean I should rename the build. Prop file to qemu.hw.mainkeys... Or what do u mean by in a new line?.... Thanks a lot for your time
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

You mean I should rename the build. Prop file to qemu.hw.mainkeys... Or what do u mean by in a new line?.... Thanks a lot for your time
No!
The build.prop is like a text file, you're supposed to open the file with ES file explorer. it has a note editor built in.
Open the file, you'll see different lines of code.
On the last line write
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Save the changes you made then reboot.
Don't change anything else in the build.prop.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Karmanaut:

No!
The build.prop is like a text file, you're supposed to open the file with ES file explorer. it has a note editor built in.
Open the file, you'll see different lines of code.
On the last line write
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Save the changes you made then reboot.
Don't change anything else in the build.prop.

I should write the code before "end fota properties".... Or after

Cos I tried writing it after the last word... In a new line and when I saved it said... Error...can't save

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
Teemhothy:

I should write the code before "end fota properties".... Or after
After. Write it in a new line.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Gheritage:
pls help me, I have enough space both in phone and d SD, but I don't know why my phone always complain of insufficient space any time I want to download on my Techno Phantom N9...(I what do I do...?
Application storage is different from media storage.
To check all storage go to Settings>Apps.
On the bar on the bottom of the screen you'll see your remaining app storage space.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1221) (Reply)

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: chuksvoice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.