Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,848 members, 7,824,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II - Phones (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II (1352146 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase / Android, Anyone? Part II / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Vivauche: Thnks a lot for taking ur time to asist me... My iPhone 4 is currently running iOS 5.1 and I tried to download bbm bt culdnt...is there anyway I can upgrade to ios 6
Urw, ios5 doesn't support bbm....u nid os6 or os7 buh d issue is , apple only support a signed os version at a time....and d ios 7 is the latest available ios....although there is a way to downgrade to ios6 buh its tricky and risky too...(U nid a tecky to do it for u)....so if u really nid dis bbm stuff, u av to update to ios 7....if u do, I will give u tips on aw to fix some bugs dat av bin discovered..............av a plesant i-day...
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by slamstan(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Got my tecno d5 outer glass/screen broken, can somebody tell me how much it will cost me to change it. Plsss
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by ewizard1: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
hebun.atkinson:

where in lag do you stay?
kindly whatsapp me on 08161887350

Sorry, Just seeing this Now. Use my Contact on my signature! or Here 08090989821/Whatsapp
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Vivauche(f): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2013
tm-tech:

Urw, ios5 doesn't support bbm....u nid os6 or os7 buh d issue is , apple only support a signed os version at a time....and d ios 7 is the latest available ios....although there is a way to downgrade to ios6 buh its tricky and risky too...(U nid a tecky to do it for u)....so if u really nid dis bbm stuff, u av to update to ios 7....if u do, I will give u tips on aw to fix some bugs dat av bin discovered..............av a plesant i-day...
I really nid bbm on my device so I'll try update to ios 7 today.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by mashaun(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
well done engineer.

i have an iphone 3 32gb with iOS 4.1. the last time i tried to upgrade to newer version of OS. the phone was locked.
i gave it to an engineer to unlock,the guy collected money,he even showed my the evidence that he has unlocked it online and payment has been made to tha effect,yet the phone did not work.

i retunred to the guy from whom i bought at second hand,the guy came back with the phone working,even with some apps.

Now i want to upgrade so that i ll be able to download apps such as whatsapp,what do i do.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by missbowale(f): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hi all
my ipad 4,running on Ios 6 has been rebooting itself lately.cant acesss any app or do anything substantial on it for 5mins.It reboots itself evry 3mins
Will put it off and it will come back on.
pls what should i do?dnt wanna give it to ani phone engineer to tamper with
Thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 5:36am On Oct 26, 2013
mashaun: well done engineer.

i have an iphone 3 32gb with iOS 4.1. the last time i tried to upgrade to newer version of OS. the phone was locked.
i gave it to an engineer to unlock,the guy collected money,he even showed my the evidence that he has unlocked it online and payment has been made to tha effect,yet the phone did not work.

i retunred to the guy from whom i bought at second hand,the guy came back with the phone working,even with some apps.

Now i want to upgrade so that i ll be able to download apps such as whatsapp,what do i do.
Ios 7 doesn't work on iphone 3 and dats the only available update for apple ios
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 6:06am On Oct 26, 2013
missbowale: Hi all
my ipad 4,running on Ios 6 has been rebooting itself lately.cant acesss any app or do anything substantial on it for 5mins.It reboots itself evry 3mins
Will put it off and it will come back on.
pls what should i do?dnt wanna give it to ani phone engineer to tamper with
Thanks
Try Reset iPad
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home
button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until
the Apple logo appears
Note: Data will not be affected.

Check the cause of reboot.....
The crash log (Settings=>General=>Diagnostics &
Usage=>Diagnostics & Usage Data)
if it indicates low
memory condition for the crash.
Then try this:
First, make sure ur wallpaper is not a dynamic
one. Set your wallpaper to a still picture (not one of the
new bubbly ones).
Second, go to Settings=>General=>Accessibility and
set the Reduce Motion to ON. This will stop the
parallax effect on the home screen (where the
background wallpaper apears to move underneath the
icons).
With those things done there is less graphic work
going on in the background and now u shud be able to switch apps as desired without fearing a sudden reboot.
Lemme no if it works....try the second solution first
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by missbowale(f): 7:02am On Oct 26, 2013
tm-tech:

Try Reset iPad
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home
button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until
the Apple logo appears
Note: Data will not be affected.

Check the cause of reboot.....
The crash log (Settings=>General=>Diagnostics &
Usage=>Diagnostics & Usage Data)
if it indicates low
memory condition for the crash.
Then try this:
First, make sure ur wallpaper is not a dynamic
one. Set your wallpaper to a still picture (not one of the
new bubbly ones).
Second, go to Settings=>General=>Accessibility and
set the Reduce Motion to ON. This will stop the
parallax effect on the home screen (where the
background wallpaper apears to move underneath the
icons).
With those things done there is less graphic work
going on in the background and now u shud be able to switch apps as desired without fearing a sudden reboot.
Lemme no if it works....try the second solution first
good morning
tried it to the stage of General<Accessibility>
Couldnot locate the reduce motion icon
actions disaplayed dere are voice over, zoom,Large text,invert colours,speak selection,Speak auto text,hearing aid, mono audio,guided acess home clicked speed...
checked the diagonistic usage
saw something like a debugger message wdt time out
den some lines abt thread and all
nothing indicating that the memory is full
still had about 45G worth of memory
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by LizyL: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2013
please I'm having charging issues. I'm using the original techno charger that came with the phone and it's messing up my phone. my phone battery drops like nonsense.what do I do? which charger do you recommend for a techno phantom user? I need to get it today
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Okoronkwomichael(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2013
Ma ba3 powers oda fones bt no ba3 powers ma fone. Ma system doesnt recognise it 2. I bought d fone brand new 4rm negri just 2months ago. Ma charger & ba3 are just gud so i dnt knw wat went wrng wit d fone
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by sonofdsoilme: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2013
pls can someone help me? I rooted my galaxy exhibit II 4g and now it wont boot. it will just show samsung logo and then show samsung galaxy exhibit 4g for a long time and trip off and on again and again. Pls i need help urgently.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2013
missbowale:
good morning
tried it to the stage of General<Accessibility>
Couldnot locate the reduce motion icon
actions disaplayed dere are voice over, zoom,Large text,invert colours,speak selection,Speak auto text,hearing aid, mono audio,guided acess home clicked speed...
checked the diagonistic usage
saw something like a debugger message wdt time out
den some lines abt thread and all
nothing indicating that the memory is full
still had about 45G worth of memory
Sowi I forgot u are on os 6....
Moreso, the memory issue is in terms of RAM, not the internal memory....
Did u install any app recently b4 u started aving the reboot?
Anoda pt is d ba3...some cells maybe bad in ur ba3....and wenava the tablet tries to access the bad cells, it reboots.....
This is a very common bug in apple products ....and apple is yet to common up with a definite solution....dey usually offer a swap with a new one....
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by danjudevickey: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2013
my Bb tour 3 always boot up and aftershow verizon, it will hang. normally it ought to finish booting after showing that Verizon.. Bt it will just hang.. I've tried rebooting so many times.. help. ifformating is the solution, I'll gladly do it.. just help me wt the formatting codes!! cos I just subscribed yesterday.. plsssssss... thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2013
sonofdsoilme: pls can someone help me? I rooted my galaxy exhibit II 4g and now it wont boot. it will just show samsung logo and then show samsung galaxy exhibit 4g for a long time and trip off and on again and again. Pls i need help urgently.
What method did u use to root it.....what's d version of the os on it.....can u boot to recovery?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2013
Okoronkwo michael: Ma ba3 powers oda fones bt no ba3 powers ma fone. Ma system doesnt recognise it 2. I bought d fone brand new 4rm negri just 2months ago. Ma charger & ba3 are just gud so i dnt knw wat went wrng wit d fone
Wat type of phone is it
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2013
danjudevickey: my Bb tour 3 always boot up and aftershow verizon, it will hang. normally it ought to finish booting after showing that Verizon.. Bt it will just hang.. I've tried rebooting so many times.. help. ifformating is the solution, I'll gladly do it.. just help me wt the formatting codes!! cos I just subscribed yesterday.. plsssssss... thanks

Try to boot without sim and mmcard......u may try anoda ba3 too......if you want to format it , ur phone must boot to wia u put ur password, if not....there anoda way buh, u nid a system
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by danjudevickey: 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
tm-tech:

Try to boot without sim and mmcard......u may try anoda ba3 too......if you want to format it , ur phone must boot to wia u put ur password, if not....there anoda way buh, u nid a system
OK... I will try anoda ba3
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by missbowale(f): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
tm-tech:

Sowi I forgot u are on os 6....
Moreso, the memory issue is in terms of RAM, not the internal memory....
Did u install any app recently b4 u started aving the reboot?
Anoda pt is d ba3...some cells maybe bad in ur ba3....and wenava the tablet tries to access the bad cells, it reboots.....
This is a very common bug in apple products ....and apple is yet to common up with a definite solution....dey usually offer a swap with a new one....
Okay
I havenot installed any app recently before the rebooting started
So should I change the battery or there is another wayout
Should i purchase the battery myself or take to an apple office
Thanks for the prompt responses
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eng plz my iphone3 jux went off nd refused to power on, I plugged it over nyt b4 I wokeup it went off nd dint power on agn, I do knw a lil stuff'bout phone, I dismantled d phone nd checked d b3 bt twas all drained, nd I put d b3 in my cousinz iphone3 nd it supplied little current bt myn refused to charge d ba3, plz can I charge it with a desktop charger nd also hw can I check d phone with my system to knw if it will detect it??
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
missbowale:
Okay
I havenot installed any app recently before the rebooting started
So should I change the battery or there is another wayout
Should i purchase the battery myself or take to an apple office
Thanks for the prompt responses
If you are still within ur waranty period,then take it to apple outlet ,they shud fix it free or relatively low rate...........changing the ba3 is nt a sure bet to solving the prob....buh atlest u stand a good chance of rectifying the issue.....other fins to do
Try to reset ur ipad
Restore
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by tmtech: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
emmaboy20: Eng plz my iphone3 jux went off nd refused to power on, I plugged it over nyt b4 I wokeup it went off nd dint power on agn, I do knw a lil stuff'bout phone, I dismantled d phone nd checked d b3 bt twas all drained, nd I put d b3 in my cousinz iphone3 nd it supplied little current bt myn refused to charge d ba3, plz can I charge it with a desktop charger nd also hw can I check d phone with my system to knw if it will detect it??
If you connect a charger or usb to ur fone without ba3, it shud come up, although u may not be able to acess some fxns....secondly,try to boost u drained ba3 in ur cousins fone till it gets to upto 10-20%...or better still, u can boost it quickly using the polarity contact ..buh u av to be careful dat way..u could use a desktop too....once ur ba3 powers ur fone try to check if the ba3 drains quickly or abnormally warm.....dat will help in tracing the cause ....#
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
@tm-tech tnx a lot, it did come up in my cousinz phone, I left it to charge 4 a while b4 I placed d b3 back to my phone, immediately I placed d ba3 nd coupled d phone nd switched it on, d whole span drained out agn....I tink itz d phone's fault.....wat can b don to it
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
and my system Is nt detecting it too
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by kings11ng(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2013
After unbrickin my techno l3 my phone no longer see.my back camera....how do I solve this
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by missbowale(f): 12:25am On Oct 27, 2013
tm-tech:

If you are still within ur waranty period,then take it to apple outlet ,they shud fix it free or relatively low rate...........changing the ba3 is nt a sure bet to solving the prob....buh atlest u stand a good chance of rectifying the issue.....other fins to do
Try to reset ur ipad
Restore
Reseting it will clear the apps.Ani way i can restore dem back.Some of dem cosr quite a fortune.
Thanks a lot
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2013
what does it mean to force close or stop a running application
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by nani667: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Kelvinprinzyy: what does it mean to force close or stop a running application

it simply means stopping the application form running permanently...terminating all foreground and background processes associated with the application....
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by sofitinted(f): 8:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Pls help,cant go online wit my fone(z10) on facebuk,i checked bt d optn for goin 'online' is nt der
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2013
nani.666:

it simply means stopping the application form running permanently...terminating all foreground and background processes associated with the application....
what re d disadvantages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1217) (Reply)

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.