Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (131666 Views)

Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? / Ivory Coast - New Sector Movements / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Claraola:
Thanks for mentioned bro.

Thank u too

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Goodman247: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tell us more about this samedi sua,
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Goodman247:
Tell us more about this samedi sua,

OK i will
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Mizwisdom(f): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:
HI GUYS,

Hope everyone is good over there.

Am here to talk more about a particular day that made "ivory coast " different from the rest of Africa.

And this day of the week is called SATURDAY by we Nigerians but in "ivory coast " is called SAMEDI SUA( pronounced this way by we Nigerians) grin.

Before i start i want to digress a little bit from this topic to what i had not told you people on this forum.

i forgot to mention this things on my previous post.

"ivory coast" has the cleanest water have ever seen my life and in Africa for me( my own thought and some of the Nigerians over there also)

This crystal cleared water is so clean to an extent you can even use it as a mirror grin.
This water is not "heavy " but very lite for u to consume one liter at once. (their public water is cleaner than our table water) no lies! Believe me

I love my country more than any country but i have too be sincere when u see working society.

Please if u are wise you should know where am going. Am talking about people who have the plans to have a "water company" over there..... And if you cannot go there and find the way their water is produced or seek for advice from an Ivorian.... Please dnt go there and mess your self on the way we produce water here in Nigeria. (because no body will buy it)

Firstly, let me tell u why they achieve such big feet..

Ivorian "water board " is been ran by FRENCH PEOPLE. ( have forgotten the name of this board).

Please you people should listen. In ivory coast when is 2pm all their water in that country will seized and brought back by 5 pm. After it must have been treated ( this is when i was there ooo for two years, i dnt know about now because i can only write my own expirence). it has this JINK and JAVEL smells when u first open the tap. but after some water has ran out, it becomes normal and "magical " grin . you see why you dnt even compare it with Nigerian table water? ( i dnt even buy table water when am there cheesy that is waste of money) tongue

Most of there table water, if not all their table water. is from "FRANCE" because some of the local buiness men need to beat the one from the local tap, before it consider "buyable " grin ( oh my God) this tap are the local tap u see anywere and every underdeveloped places. grin this is too much respect to them

Now to my main update on "SAMEDI SUA"

Other days in "ivory coast " are " fun and sweet" but all foreigners and Ivorian loved SATURDAYS the - SAMEDI SUA grin. This day is a day anybody need to expirence in his or her life.

Listen guys, girls has too much rights....
on Saturdays, even if your papa and mama na soldiers and police put together. grin

Please dnt go there and see a girl of 15 and 16 and ask her what is she doing in by 11 or 12 am at midnight. ( Na there u go take show your foolishness) and maybe say u won even toast her, ( you don loss her be that)

This day is so special, that we saved money because of it.

Well this part should be left for my guy "bobby" and Chidi " because i already have a woman at home.

Starting from Friday morning network might even be " bad" because everybody is calling and making arrangements.

Let me allow u people reading this to have a taste of it, even if you are still in Nigeria. grin

take some little time as u are reading this to " Close your eyes and imagine all the new year eve you had spent in nigeria and how the street is like" tongue

That is how Saturdays is in "ivory coast "

Please lets us remember our best days on earth as Nigerian is mostly on "new year even", when you can give freely and have real fun. i mean fun that u dnt even think of going home that same night. ( that is to tell u people that ivory coast is " fun city " )

for me, my woman is always waiting for me to come from anywhere i went too .( she dnt care if i travel to Nigeria , but i must be present on Saturdays) tongue dnt blame her this ladies boast on Monday when to go to school on Monday. kiss

"Saturday is also a day to get a new girl friend and also loss a girl friend, like wise men losing women

Among us only "Isioma" sleep at church saturday night grin

I remember how many Nigerians that don't want to go back because of this "Saturday trap" they refused to go back to Nigeria . infact they said they will never leave grin

I remember if u are Nigeria, and the advice most nigerians will first give u is that ( oboy no allow fun carry u go oooooo) grin
cheesy.

Ladies and gentlemen let me stop here and update again as days pass by.

Please guys.... Wait for another sweet update.

Thanks and God bless

cc:odinga1of
cc:claraola

I've been hoping to read more constructive gist but all I'm getting is x rated talk. Apart from yash, sexx and women does Ivory coast have any other thing to offer? for instance is it an easy route to gain foreign scholarship? what about exchange programmes, Masters & PHD admissions? did you try to gain admission into a school over there or have you given up on education?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I've been hoping to read more constructive gist but all I'm getting is x rated talk. Apart from yash, sexx and women does Ivory coast have any other thing to offer? for instance is it an easy route to gain foreign scholarship? what about exchange programmes, Masters & PHD admissions? did you try to gain admission into a school over there or have you given up on education?

Yes it has but need to do your research and remember is French country

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Coolberry: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

Yes is also good business if u can get that open space or even a shop. Ivorians likes fashion

Also make sure u have where to stay before going because that is the major thing

Thanks for your response.

Getting a shop immediately wouldn't be possible due to the expenses. Would prefer to supply model(to individuals or retailers)

Please, Do young ivorians have a higher purchasing power than Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Fuhrerfran6(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

Yes it has but need to do your research and remember is French country

Hi bro,

Thanks for taking out time to share your experience with us. I am a big fan and I follow the thread keenly. You are doing well.

I want to ask man, is it possible to get the ivorian passport? Like become an Ivorian and get their own passport? Any idea how I can go about that?

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by odinga1of: 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

No problem my man

Bro I have questions to ask.

Do Ivorians drink the same water you said is clean?

Or they buy table can water? Or the water is just for cooking and washing clothes by the Ivorians?

Samedusua or Saturday party ( So girls are allowed by their parents to party all night even when u you are 15 or 16 up wards??

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by odinga1of: 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Madam na wa, we are enjoying the thread joor.

If u need education and scholarship plz contact your gurus like Justwise, Hampdason and co...

Please not everyone will go school. We are here to learn trade, business, spare parts, play football and above all connects.

Abeg carry your school feeding program and scholarship go ministry of humanitarian affairs.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Coolberry: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
odinga1of:

Madam na wa, we are enjoying the thread joor.

If u need education and scholarship plz contact your gurus like Justwise and co...

Please not everyone will go school.

grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Coolberry: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2020
Checking Abidjan pictures on Shutterstock.
Looks quite organized.

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by odinga1of: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2020
Coolberry:
Checking Abidjan pictures on Shutterstock.
Looks quite organized.

Very Organized and cool place

Time to move, before "Million Boys" or Mushin Cultist or "Outlawz for Warri kill person.

Naija matter is getting out of hand to leg

4 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by ignitewatch(m): 2:33am On Apr 24, 2020
@EMEKUSBOY9 nice thread, hope we can hook up when next am in Abidjan.. I can relate with most things you've said so far... I planned opening a new business in Abidjan this year but this coro issue share dey make the plan stale....

I normally frequent Abidjan from Cotonou...
I will pm you so we could talk more
...cheers

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2020
Coolberry:

Thanks for your response.

Getting a shop immediately wouldn't be possible due to the expenses. Would prefer to supply model(to individuals or retailers)

Please, Do young ivorians have a higher purchasing power than Nigerians?

What i can tell u that money flows in that country if u are hard working person

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2020
ignitewatch:
@EMEKUSBOY9 nice thread, hope we can hook up when next am in Abidjan.. I can relate with most things you've said so far... I planned opening a new business in Abidjan this year but this coro issue share dey make the plan stale....

I normally frequent Abidjan from Cotonou...
I will pm you so we could talk more
...cheers

OK my guy, that is if i go back because am now in nigeria. i dnt think my private message works. just send me message on my email address. emekaalezie7@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:50am On Apr 24, 2020
Fuhrerfran6:

Hi bro,

Thanks for taking out time to share your experience with us. I am a big fan and I follow the thread keenly. You are doing well.

I want to ask man, is it possible to get the ivorian passport? Like become an Ivorian and get their own passport? Any idea how I can go about that?

Yes very possible get to the country first. but u know this is social media and i can't be saying things anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2020
okeyglm:
What are the business opportunities in ivory coast

Seconded

Nockmedia
EMEKUSBOY9
Ugosample

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 7:54am On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

Thank you bro. almost all business trives over there, but there few of the main business u can go into are " SPARE PARTS" business( that is if u have some amount money to start.) The other one is " FOOD BUSINESS ". The other business is "TRANSPORT" business( that is if u have your car or u have your own money to buy a car, or bus). Lastly is clothe business ( you can start from what we call "okrika or bale" in Nigeria then upgrade to boutique).

* I believe you know what u want and how much u should hold at hand

* for the transport anything from 30k should be enough but make sure u have any government recognised indentity like your international passport, national indentity card. Please dnt go with your "voters card "oooo they dnt recognized it over there and i made this mistake when going at first time but ThankGod i had some backups.

* yes how currency is little bigger than theirs but i tell u before u sale one bottle of water in Nigeria you already sold like 2 over there that is why business is good over there, because their standard of living is higher to Nigeria

* depend on how u spend but just know what u want and take the amount of money u know is good enough for u

I believe car importation is one of the lucrative businesses over there??!

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2020
odinga1of:

Bro I have questions to ask.

Do Ivorians drink the same water you said is clean?

Or they buy table can water? Or the water is just for cooking and washing clothes by the Ivorians?

Samedusua or Saturday party ( So girls are allowed by their parents to party all night even when u you are 15 or 16 up wards??

My man, yes that water is for drinking if u want too. Yes once is Saturday u can party, but that is the only day of the week u can do so without restriction.

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Hadampson:

Seconded

Nockmedia
EMEKUSBOY9
Ugosample

Any buiness u have in Nigeria is there. is just that some are like " oil money buiness " grin

Examples of those buiness are " spare pat"
"Food buiness "

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Hadampson:

I believe car importation is one of the lucrative businesses over there??!

Yes it is. Very lucrative also

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

Any buiness u have in Nigeria is there. is just that some are like " oil money buiness " grin

"Food buiness "

Thanks for your response bro

Like how much is enough to start food business

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2020
Ablemax

I don get the link

How we go do am?

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Coolberry: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

What i can tell u that money flows in that country if u are hard working person

Thank you boss

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

"Food buiness "
LOL you're absolutely right

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Hadampson:

Thanks for your response bro

Like how much is enough to start food business

Depend on how u want it to look like

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2020
NockMedia:

LOL you're absolutely right

Smiles..

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 10:50am On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

U are more to hit a jackpot in business in "ivory coast " than Nigeria.

Business is number one way to be the new "Ivorian dangote " grin all most all business can make u a big boy down to even food selling. If u have a serious girlfriend/wife move in with her and set up a canteen there and watch her be the new Ivorian "alakija" grin

I know a woman who came into "Ivory coast" with a "make shift canteen" to sale food, believe me after 6months this woman bought car for her husband. 2years since i left there my friends told me she has started building her house in Nigeria. Let me say something.... "age is nothing" if u are determined , i remember how me and my friends where playing with this woman because of her age. We were telling her hustling is for young guys in a foreign country and not for a woman that is around 45 to 50 years grin but today she has proven to us that age is nothing. Dnt allow anyone to tell when or what age to travel. Is better late than never!

Keep inspiring me bro, I have a brother pushing football like you did.
We used to do it together and even played in the same academy on Pro League the one we call division 2 in English football, I had ACL injury and had to stop the hustle but he is still pushing strong and has tried his luck in Burkina Faso and some other African countries, I need to tell him about Ivory Coast as the pay in this other countries is just for survival and to help one push the hustle the more.

These are the kind of threads we want in this platform.

6 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 11:03am On Apr 24, 2020
horlamilekan23:

OP what do you think about starting a music production/studio business in Ivory coast?

My brother, music like the 'truth' is a universal language.
If you have versatility in your music then you can explore other cultures.
Where is your studio in Nigeria?
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Abilistic(m): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Where is the 'X-rated' talk?

He's sharing his memories and experiences if that's not enough for you, DYOR.

5 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Hadampson(m): 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:

Depend on how u want it to look like

Thanks bro smiley
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Joemetry(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
EMEKUSBOY9:
LET ME QUICKLY ADD THIS THINGS.

For those people who doubt or who believe on manners from heaven

Yes, i was the only one among us who has plans on what to do before coming to ivory coast. 3 of my friends have no plans but they just believe in them self and God. (Please am not saying people should just travel like this ooo, without proper plan)

But think again if u think God just bless them without them having anything to offer, then u will find out they have a lot to offer that they dnt even know.

Let me tell u what they have that made God to use it to bless them( no body is born useless in this world unless u decided to be useless).

So let me start this way

CHIDI - has a senior brother has been in ivory coast for years and got married to an Ivorian ladies.

Chidi told me how his brother never wanted him to come, and how his brother told him ivory coast was bad. ( did anybody remember one common thing with Nigerians abroad? ) but he keep disturbing his brother then he brother told him " if u come to ivory coast u are not going to stay at my place " . He has no choice to accept that term, then his brother sent him money to for transport too ivory coast.

LESSONS

WHY HE MADE IT ? - he was determined at the face of rejection from his senior brother. That is what we called " DETERMINATION"

ISIOMA - God does not forget he's own people. His love for God was something anybody in the church will notice. in fact he has a record of not dating any woman before he left ivory coast.

BOBBY- people can use this guy case as study that the way God think is different from us.

His plans was to move to Ghana but that plans change because of his love for women put him into trouble but still yet God is always ready for u. ( am not encouraging anybody to womanise or commit adultery) . That did not make him give up or return to nigeria and his smartness and foresight played in . In fact is like his life was destined that way.

LESSON TO LEARN

WHY DID HE MADE IT ? his a grate thinker, smart and a guy that sees far ( visions).

Once again God uses the Good things u have to bless you.

DNT GIVE UP

cc:odinga1of
cc:claraola

I have read everything from page 1 to here and plan.on not stopping because I feel super inspired and especially because I have hustled football like you, so I could easily relate with every text of yours.
.please don't forget to mention me on subsequent posts as I am kinda uplifted from my state of depression reading your thread.

Thank you!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply)

Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.