Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (34366 Views)

Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by XshegzzyeeiX: 5:18am On Apr 09, 2020
Help us oh Lord.

This COVID wahala is getting out of hand.
May God protect his own.

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ussv: 5:20am On Apr 09, 2020
I don't think so sir, it would be like the proverbial frying pan to fire. We go manage here sir.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by yemiosinbajo: 5:20am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Let’s look at the numbers:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?

The answer is age. This virus kills two types of people the most: old and those with underlying health issues. Others may get the virus, but they are significantly less likely to die from it. How many old people are in Nigeria, a country where the youth form 35% of the population is the lifespan is not up to 50. This is why you have less deaths there. In the US, several people are hundred years old and above. How many are over 80 in Nigeria? Also, as you age, there is a bigger chance of having health issues, hence a lot of old people in the US have underlying health issues, so serious that if Nigerians had such health issues they would have died long ago. So many people here have been on the waitlist for a kidney transplant for more than 10 years, surviving on dialysis, something the average Nigerian cannot afford. So many have diabetes, asthma, etc. They are surviving because of the very good health care system here, and many of them live really old with these ailments. In Nigeria, you don't see a lot of people with those ailments because they already died. Now with covid-19, more people are likely to die in the US because they fall in this category of old and underlying health issues. In Nigeria, less people are likely to die because there are not many old people, and many have no serious underlying health issues. You get it now?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Xisnin(m): 5:21am On Apr 09, 2020
What is the arrangement for a 21-day compulsory quarantine?

I hope the FG is not stupid to advise them to "self-isolate" as they
did for the previous returnees who end up putting our lives at risk?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by linearity: 5:22am On Apr 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:
They are better over here than in America where the likelihood of death and contact of the coronavirus is higher . I never for ounce dream that a time will come when nigeria will be better than the first world countries in anything, but thank God am a witness . Always knew that our doctors are one of the best in the world but, we always don't appreciate what we have.

Far easier to survive in Nigeria than in the US, if you are undocumented and have no work.

With the current pandemic and various orders to stay at home, undocumented immigrants are finding it hard to cop abroad.

Despite the fact that you are not working, landlord still expect his or her rent at the end of the month and failure to pay means eviction....plus with the Trump presidency, the worst case is to be picked up by ICE and thrown into a jail where the chances of contracting the disease are higher.....so, given those odds, the chance of a free ride back to Nigeria with a few platitudes from the FG on arrival or at the end of the 14 days quarantine sounds very appealing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by VeinViewer: 5:23am On Apr 09, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
Airpeace Amaka

Afonja zombies stop deceiving yourself
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 09, 2020
keko14:
Quarantine for 14days
I heard from a source that the virus could take a month before it manifests in some people. So I recommend a month quarantine for them.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Xisnin(m): 5:23am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?
Lagos didn't have a first case before NYC.
Lagos tested before NYC.

The virus have been spreading wide in NYC before the government took it seriously.
NYC is a global transport hub, Lagos is not.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 09, 2020
Return where. These people should remain in the US ooo
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:31am On Apr 09, 2020
Hmmmm shocked
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Olabode971(f): 5:36am On Apr 09, 2020
grin
This weak me oh.. Abeg, where do you have to contain all this returnees?? Probably,they will spread across the States.. Lagos,Abuja,Ogun is full, so where will they Isolate these ones they are bringing in now; #What_A_Time_To_Be_Nigerian!!!

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Maandy: 5:37am On Apr 09, 2020
grin the last shall be the first, who ever thought people will run from USA UK to NIGERIA. Let them stay there and eat the dollars... Sebi they can't pick calls.. So much for voicemail..

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Graysons: 5:37am On Apr 09, 2020
What are they coming here to do?

Dumb mumu Nigeria government leave them there angry angry

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Liposure: 5:38am On Apr 09, 2020
Make dem stay there abeg. shebi dem go luke 4 greener pastures
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by KosiGee(m): 5:39am On Apr 09, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
Airpeace Amaka

Where was airpeace mentioned in the post?

I hope you know that Geoffery Onyeama is the minister of foreign affairs and is different from Allen Onyema?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Daddylaura: 5:39am On Apr 09, 2020
If this news is true, well-done to FG but the returnee should be quarantined,
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Help2020: 5:43am On Apr 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:
They are better over here than in America where the likelihood of death and contact of the coronavirus is higher . I never for ounce dream that a time will come when nigeria will be better than the first world countries in anything, but thank God am a witness . Always knew that our doctors are one of the best in the world but, we always don't appreciate what we have.
inside life..no one would've ever thought that oo.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by annyz: 5:45am On Apr 09, 2020
Good move but what happened when China based were crying to be evacuated??
If u could be holistic in answering below questions you will understand why this move.

1: Which region is the majority in China?
2: Which region is the majority in USA
3: When did FG finally made up there mind to close borders for air routes?

This man is just a tool & ass licker to d so called cabals.

Don't tell me that other nationals are doing evacuations now! Then what happened when our people in China were crying to come back That's my point here
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 09, 2020
This 200 no go occupy 1 Boeing 777 sef.
Plane go empty oooo
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 09, 2020
Is it not better to let them remain there and weather it out ?

The few that got to Nigeria have now infected almost 300 and you want to take in almost 200 potentially infected 'I wanna gonna' rolling stones?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by kantap: 5:54am On Apr 09, 2020
I am also interested in evacuation but I have Nigeria passport but I love America.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Antichristus: 5:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2020
kantap:
I am also interested in evacuation but I have Nigeria passport but I love America.
What do you want..?
U want remain for AIR..?
choose one naaa... grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Sam3263: 5:59am On Apr 09, 2020
I need a job.
I am a graduate of engineering.
I graduated with 2:1
I am willing to relocate
I am age 24
I have a professional certificate in safety and business management course.
I am a registered member NSE.

Please if you have recommendations.. Kindly reach out to me
Zero seven zero eight six two six eight five three seven
danessiens@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by typicalgamer(m): 6:10am On Apr 09, 2020
that's what village people wants o

when those people comes they won't go back same way they came or they won't go back at all
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by kaymart: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2020
Lies
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ibadiaran19: 6:12am On Apr 09, 2020
Per adventure they come, they should be given masks at the airport, and takens straight to the quarantine centre. No self isolation nonsense.
Quarantine centre straight whether they have corona or not.
Don't come and spoil market in Nigeria pls
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Tobimillar1(m): 6:14am On Apr 09, 2020
People wey Dey find free flight ticket to come back home .. even me I don’t mind being evacuated so I can buy one way ticket to come back
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by micmond: 6:17am On Apr 09, 2020
Those coming back from America are those overaged Nigerians who have spent over 40yrs there, some among them will not be recognized by their family members.

Wishing all of you safe and happy family reunion.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by TruthSpeaker: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2020
WHEN YOU LET THEM KNOW THEY HAVE TO BEAR THE FINANCIAL IMPLICATION, THEY WILL ALL BACKPEDAL.

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by uvie66: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Yes...but how many testing are we going a day compared to NYC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Reason Nigerians Can’t Get Passports Without Tears / Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.