Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (34439 Views)

Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by luminouz(m): 10:01am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
i am not surprised you are baffled, that is because this things are not reported in the news in nigeria, corona virus overshadowed all other critical issues. Isn't that the problem? Nigerians do not have a database, how do you track 250 million Nigerians. how many accident deaths was registered last 2 months? how many nigerians did boko haram kill last 2 months? not to talk about other unregistered deaths

You gave a claim and I just asked for proofs.
How do you know more than 1M Nigerians died in 3 months and 9 days?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
more than 1million nigerians have died this year alone in nigeria as a result of pneumonia, malaria, starvations, thyphoid, generator fumes, pollutions and preventable road accidents, but you are too ignorant to know that, Nigeria could never ever ever ever be better than the US, keep deceiving yourself.
Ah! More 1milliion death in Nigeria this year? Haba! Can you prove this with statistical facts?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by amaridigital(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

The answer is age. This virus kills two types of people the most: old and those with underlying health issues. Others may get the virus, but they are significantly less likely to die from it. How many old people are in Nigeria, a country where the youth form 35% of the population is the lifespan is not up to 50. This is why you have less deaths there. In the US, several people are hundred years old and above. How many are over 80 in Nigeria? Also, as you age, there is a bigger chance of having health issues, hence a lot of old people in the US have underlying health issues, so serious that if Nigerians had such health issues they would have died long ago. So many people here have been on the waitlist for a kidney transplant for more than 10 years, surviving on dialysis, something the average Nigerian cannot afford. So many have diabetes, asthma, etc. They are surviving because of the very good health care system here, and many of them live really old with these ailments. In Nigeria, you don't see a lot of people with those ailments because they already died. Now with covid-19, more people are likely to die in the US because they fall in this category of old and underlying health issues. In Nigeria, less people are likely to die because there are not many old people, and many have no serious underlying health issues. You get it now?

Your analysis only reflected why there are fewer deaths in Nigeria compared with the US. It doesnt tell us why there are fewer numbers of infected persons in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by amaridigital(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2020
linearity:

Far easier to survive in Nigeria than in the US, if you are undocumented and have no work.

With the current pandemic and various orders to stay at home, undocumented immigrants are finding it hard to cop abroad.

Despite the fact that you are not working, landlord still expect his or her rent at the end of the month and failure to pay means eviction....plus with the Trump presidency, the worst case is to be picked up by ICE and thrown into a jail where the chances of contracting the disease are higher.....so, given those odds, the chance of a free ride back to Nigeria with a few platitudes from the FG on arrival or at the end of the 14 days quarantine sounds very appealing.

All returnees will foot their travel expenses back home. There is no free ride. The Government will only facilitate the process to ensure smooth take-off.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ofiko123(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2020
Ajsimon:
I won't come out broke after quarantine
Amen

Amen me too..
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ogbonnachrys: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2020
Let them evacuate Nigerians in China first.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by RaptorX: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2020
The bible have already said that in the end times people will start going back to their own land. Don't let anyone deceive you, Nigeria is a far safer place to be in this perilous times than the US.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by RaptorX: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2020
J111333:
A lot of Nigerians who previously had plans of traveling home will shout hallelujah on hearing about free flight.

You will be saving them flight tickets thinking you are evacuating them.

Evacuation kee una there. grin grin grin

Free flights? When you could be stuck in Nigeria indefinitely until commercial flights resume. Use your brain, this are people genuinely scared for their safety not people looking for freebies. On a regular day you could travel to Nigeria for less than a thousand dollar so what are they saving on free flights to Nigeria which I am not even sure is free, even American citizens evacuated paid for their flight.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by orunmila144: 11:05am On Apr 09, 2020
Sam3263:
I need a job.
I am a graduate of engineering.
I graduated with 2:1
I am willing to relocate
I am age 24
I have a professional certificate in safety and business management course.
I am a registered member NSE.

Please if you have recommendations.. Kindly reach out to me
Zero seven zero eight six two six eight five three seven
danessiens@gmail.com

Thank you
I NEED A SECURITY GUARD. are you available ?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by RaptorX: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
point of correction, i am a british rather, You know? if you don't find it uncomfortable making derogatory remarks about people you have never met and insulting them on here, then your state of mind needs questioning. as i ve said, you appear hyper psychotic go join the army and shoot people, it might help you therapeutically

I have my own bipolar demons to deal with, Ciao! once again grin
You better worry about your Britain rather than mocking Nigeria. Heard on the news last night that your expected death toll when the pandemic reach it's peak in the UK will be more than the total for Italy, Spain, and France combined. Because your PM was slow in taking decisive action to slow the spread of the virus.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2020
RaptorX:
You better worry about your Britain rather than mocking Nigeria. Heard on the news last night that your expected death toll when the pandemic reach it's peak in the UK will be more than the total for Italy, Spain, and France combined. Because your PM was slow in taking decisive action to slow the spread of the virus.
yea! so they said. so far we are still here. show me where i mocked Nigeria in my comments, my parents are Nigerians and they relocated and lives in Nigeria now, i also have lots of families in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 09, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Ah! More 1milliion death in Nigeria this year? Haba! Can you prove this with statistical facts?
sorry i meant last year 12 months to 13 months. grin but it's true.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2020
luminouz:

You gave a claim and I just asked for proofs.
How do you know more than 1M Nigerians died in 3 months and 9 days?
My mistake, last year i meant, 12 to 14 months. it's impossible in 3 months obviously. smiley besides how can you verify it isn't true? you can't that is the problem.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by pedrilo: 11:24am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Let’s look at the numbers:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?
heat.
No virus cant survive in humid temperature

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by pedrilo: 11:26am On Apr 09, 2020
J111333:
A lot of Nigerians who previously had plans of traveling home will shout hallelujah on hearing about free flight.

You will be saving them flight tickets thinking you are evacuating them.

Evacuation kee una there. grin grin grin

no free flight bro.
They are paying even a higher rate.
No free lunch in Freetown

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Let’s look at the numbers:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?

I have been saying it and will continue to say it. US type of COVID-19 is Hybrid. It isn't the type of Corona virus that hit China. It only shares same DNA and RNA with that of China's. China has a lot to answer on this plague that rocks US .

My thought sha....
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Xisnin(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2020
Ibadiaran19:

You don't know that though, about it been in NYC longer than in Lagos
The first confirmed case in Lagos was on 27th Feb, while for NYC it was 1st of March.
That we do know.
Correct me if the dates are wrong
No one is talking about dates here.

I know for certain because the disease trajectory can be mapped based on cases.

A "confirmed case" is misleading. You can't confirm a case without testing.

And when you confirm a case, you don't know how long they have had it for the prior 2 weeks period.
Whether they got it from others or have been spreading it.

Nigeria's first case is simple, a foreigner from a flashpoint, so we can reasonably conclude that
he was not infected in Nigeria. Even the Atiku son's angle can easily be traced.

How about the NYC cases, when did they get it and for how long since the US was not screening people
at the airport.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by colestephan86: 11:51am On Apr 09, 2020
cyrilamx:

https://www.thecable.ng/200-us-based-nigerians-willing-to-be-evacuated-says-onyeama/amp
The very cool calm and collected face of The Nigerian ministry of foreign affairs.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by saajus: 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
Thanks for the advice, I will always do. Sir, please read my post all over. I was not asking about Air Peace Airlines, I was asking about Allen Onyema, the CEO of Air Peace Airlines. There were U.S Fraud allegations against him and that made a huge noise then but nobody is talking about it again. There was a conspiracy theory then that some cabal was trying to punish him because of the SA evacuation that made him a Hero.
I asked about him because FG has been talking about evacuation for almost a week. He might have helped again if we treat him right in the first attempt.
A public forum is also a good place to ask questions for opinion sampling.

Miracle1991:
you are not current. Who brought the medical equipment that federal government bought from Turkey? As I speak now air peace is in China to convey some medical equipment bought by the federal government.
Always ask questions before coming to a public forum.thank me later
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by djon78(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
friday2011:

Really, something borders me on this covid 19 stuff... The US who is doing more testing and taking precautions seriously with her people are experiencing increased deaths almost everyday and here in Africa and Nigeria in particular, testing is very limited and people are not dieing as expected, logically I have the following feelings :

Our immune system is so strong in Nigeria that the covid19 could not break easily and I attribute this to the fact that we engage malaria drugs every now and then.

The countries doing more testing are experiencing increased cases and deaths, could it be that testing makes it more pronounced?

If the above is not true, Is it that we are lucky in africa and expecially Nigeria?

My feelings that something is not right about this covid-19 pandemic is increasing by the day.

The popular song by the legendary country music singer 'Dolly Parton' comes to mind: "Hello God"

May God have mercy on the world.

I think our immune system plays a huge part.
Oyibos that are naturally healthy are very few. They eat very unhealthy foods.

I was viewing a thread on twitter and the number of oyibos treating cancer, and very many strange diseases were many.

We don't have those high numbers here.
What has been saving oyibos na there excellent health institutions, but this epidemic has exposed them.

We don't have good health facilities but our strong immune has been saving us.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by okeke042: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
1 saw this amazing sit on youtube
5 websites that will make you $4 again and again!!! just by listening to songs

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnD7pudY-7g
[/url]

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
GermanMelania:

Stop spreading fake news o.. whils i don't believe 700+ people died in lagos suddenly and we just no hear about am somehow i do think just because it is spreading slower no mean things cant be worse. It doesn't mean we are doing things right. African Americans no think e fit catch them either now about 70% og corona deaths in Chicago are African Americans.

My friend we have done everything WRONG. That’s the whole point. New York airports were closed to China and Europe long before Lagos own. Unless the virus here is different
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bobbyjay001:

I have been saying it and will continue to say it. US type of COVID-19 is Hybrid. It isn't the type of Corona virus that hit China. It only shares same DNA and RNA with that of China's. China has a lot to answer on this plague that rocks US .

My thought sha....

It sounds like a looney crazy conspiracy theory, but it would actually explain a lot about how the virus(s) have been behaving
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
LegitSideJob:

Don't put your hopes on the number of deaths circulating wether from WHO or John Hopekin University, the deaths recorded are people who have been tested of the virus, a lot more people have died without having the opportunity to be test to asserting the cause of their deaths as the testing of the virus itself is cumbersome.

Don’t be ridiculous. How many morgues are full in Lagos?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

The numbers in Lagos/Nigeria matches other African countries. That to me is a better basis of comparison verses NYC which is in a different continent. Thanks goodness though ....

The question is WHY African numbers are so low. Despite Nigerian FG doing everything WRONG!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
afolagbe:

I think you need to get more education about COVID-19 and get your fact right so you don’t mislead people. The first case in the US was confirmed in January and it was in NY. You can’t even compare Nigeria cases to South Africa not even talk about America or Europe. Please, stop spreading fake news like the way Coronavirus is spreading...

What I don’t understand about people like u is that Google is right there. All u have to do is type in “when was first covid19 in nyc”. Try doing things like that b4 rushing to comment and making a fool of yourself
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by LegitSideJob(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Don’t be ridiculous. How many morgues are full in Lagos?

Do you always receive updates in the past if mogues are full? Are you saying the only deaths recorded in the world now are Corona virus victims? That the only way humans die now is if they contact Corona virus? Haba, you should be smarter than this.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Antell95(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ajsimon:
I won't come out broke after quarantine
Amen
Carry me along
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

I was at the Doc last year Nov. If not for this virus, would have gone again this Feb or march.
If there's no such thing as natural/genetically strong, how come we have people that are genetically brilliant?

Apart from we Human having 2 Nose, eyes, Legs Hands and stuff... The rest thing about human are different. Nothing like all Human are same..
Some people can survive without eating/drinking for 2 days. Some people can't stay for 5 hours without food/water..
You are right, this could be due to genetics, food and lifestyle. The whites people eat the badest of food in the whole planet and Africans eat the best of foods. We all know rich people are usually software and could fall I'll as a result of little things. For instance, we call those type of people butty in Nigeria, people that get pained or stressed easily.
Also genetically, we are stronger than one another, for instance we know people that visit hospitals often, just because of a single malaria bite and most if us or at least me have never visited the hospital because of malaria in the past, in fact, we jokingly tell mosquitoes to keep feeding that they are also human being. I have a friend that often get sick when bitten, and also I can say I don't use drugs, I can count the number of times I have used drugs in my life.
We know families that are prone to diabetes, rheumatism, stomach pain, that most people in the family usually come up with same illness as some age in life, and that is what we call ''family health History''. And we twll people to know their family health history so as to avoid it in life, for instance, if your father has hypertension, there's a high chance you would, so its better you reduce your salt intake and make yourself fit
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
yea! so they said. so far we are still here. show me where i mocked Nigeria in my comments, my parents are Nigerians and they relocated and lives in Nigeria now, i also have lots of families in Nigeria.
Ode, keep on Deceiving yourself. You are in one village proofing you are a BRITISH. Everyone come and see this MUMU o, even if your are really in Brit whatever, you get Nigerian patents and you are claiming BRITISH, what a fool. Anyway, since you are very good at deception, then you are okay to be a Britt. I just hope you give yourself some senses
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The question is WHY African numbers are so low. Despite Nigerian FG doing everything WRONG!
I think I like you, can we be friends? Are you nice?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man's Car Somersaults 3 Times And He Survives (Photos) / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Three Men Die In Benue Accident (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.