Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (34438 Views)

Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
djon78:

I think our immune system plays a huge part.
Oyibos that are naturally healthy are very few. They eat very unhealthy foods.

I was viewing a thread on twitter and the number of oyibos treating cancer, and very many strange diseases were many.

We don't have those high numbers here.
What has been saving oyibos na there excellent health institutions, but this epidemic has exposed them.

We don't have good health facilities but our strong immune has been saving us.
I agree with you. There was a time I was researching on stroke, and I joined many whites peoples stroke support groups, I had to leave the group as it was getting too much for me, an average white man have like 10chronic disease, and their stroke is usually very damaging compare to ours, our own stroke either kills or leave, their strokes don't kill but damage so much . White people's lifestyle is very bad and they eat nonsense. Also, while many people in Nigeria successfully treat stroke with traditional medicine, they do not have the opportunity there and many of the drugs come with another damaging effect. I was surprised to see many traditional healers having local treatment for many of these diseases and they work very well as well when combined with hospital treatment (they give vitamins for stroke patients and blood thinners), many people drop the blood thinner, use vitamins and herbal cure. We need to revisit our traditional medicine in this country, for proper usage and control, those things really work.
Personally since this coronavirus, I refused to have anything like sore throat or cattarh, whenever I notice I'm starting to feel unusual, I blend basil leaves with a bergermount and it would disappear
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by YungLasaint(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
Welcome back to the "Zoo"... This life is not fair at all...
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by djon78(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acmepreneur:

I agree with you. There was a time I was researching on stroke, and I joined many whites peoples stroke support groups, I had to leave the group as it was getting too much for me, an average white man have like 10chronic disease, and their stroke is usually very damaging compare to ours, our own stroke either kills or leave, their strokes don't kill but damage so much . White people's lifestyle is very bad and they eat nonsense. Also, while many people in Nigeria successfully treat stroke with traditional medicine, they do not have the opportunity there and many of the drugs come with another damaging effect. I was surprised to see many traditional healers having local treatment for many of these diseases and they work very well as well when combined with hospital treatment (they give vitamins for stroke patients and blood thinners), many people drop the blood thinner, use vitamins and herbal cure. We need to revisit our traditional medicine in this country, for proper usage and control, those things really work.
Personally since this coronavirus, I refused to have anything like sore throat or cattarh, whenever I notice I'm starting to feel unusual, I blend basil leaves with a bergermount and it would disappear

Yeah you are very right.
There major problem is unhealthy food.
The stroke you talked about, people suffer it here and still get back to normal lives but over there it's different.

I believe we are blessed here.
We don't suffer all those diseases.
Our immune is much stronger.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by RaptorX: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
djon78:

I think our immune system plays a huge part.
Oyibos that are naturally healthy are very few. They eat very unhealthy foods.

I was viewing a thread on twitter and the number of oyibos treating cancer, and very many strange diseases were many.

We don't have those high numbers here.
What has been saving oyibos na there excellent health institutions, but this epidemic has exposed them.

We don't have good health facilities but our strong immune has been saving us.
The top 25 countries with highest cases and deaths from cancer were all European countries, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by djon78(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
RaptorX:
The top 25 countries with highest cases and deaths from cancer were all European countries, North America, Australia and New Zealand.

I believe it still boils down to nutrition
Oyibos most times eat very unhealthy foods.
Our foods here, especially our soups rich with vegetables and fish are healthy foods.
It's eating junk food that exposes one to all those healfh issues.

Like me now junk food, pizza, ice cream, even cake I don't even near them and my body has been strong.
Long I popped a pill in my mouth
If I have headache which is rare I just sleep or rest

We are blessed here
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Ode, keep on Deceiving yourself. You are in one village proofing you are a BRITISH. Everyone come and see this MUMU o, even if your are really in Brit whatever, you get Nigerian patents and you are claiming BRITISH, what a fool. Anyway, since you are very good at deception, then you are okay to be a Britt. I just hope you give yourself some senses
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? undecided

Anything else reasonable you would like to add?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Dollabiz: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
I’m sure they’ve overstayed or has no document
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by hodari: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bushmeat don catch hunter. Biko let the returness not come back here ooo. Shebi Africa na shithole?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
The question is WHY African numbers are so low. Despite Nigerian FG doing everything WRONG!
grin
God is helping us ... I think our FG ... or rather the public health authorities are doing their best despite the FG’s inefficiencies

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by opribo(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Maybe the elderly and the sick pnes who want to go and die and buried in their villages.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by CanadaOrBust: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
LegitSideJob:

Do you always receive updates in the past if mogues are full? Are you saying the only deaths recorded in the world now are Corona virus victims? That the only way humans die now is if they contact Corona virus? Haba, you should be smarter than this.

Once again, stop being ridiculous. See below

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Bambambiglo: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
zionmde:

am not jealous of anyone ooo. We don't have a sure system that those of dem dat have d virus don't spread it. We are here praying this thing don't spread because we don't have any capacity to contain it. Jealousy can go to hrllt

But we handling it better than those Western countries so why not let your fellow Nigerians come back home since it's safer, after all they went there to hustle to support their poor families here
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by zionmde: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bambambiglo:

But we handling it better than those Western countries so why not let your fellow Nigerians come back home since it's safer, after all they went there to hustle to support their poor families here
my brother let dem remain there. They will survive better dan wat we have here. where are they coming back to start from. At least they are seeing free food there
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by izibili44: 12:58am On Apr 10, 2020
na only you get the country.Let them in.As long as they will be in isolation for 14 days.
zionmde:
Better leave them there ooo

which one is this? because we are hailing Nigeria for low rate of spreading that they now want to bring the virus fully.

They should remain there biko
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by onyeomanono24(f): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2020
Onye ometutara ona ebe, onye ona-emetutaghi ona eti. Las las na selfish interest. I no kuku get people abroad, too bad.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by seunhandsome: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
I pity most of you who think naija is better because of unreported and low COVID-19 related deaths. It might interest you to know that African-Americans represents more than 75% of total number of deaths in the US. This means the whites continue to do things appropriately. The US has done the largest numbers of test in the world and they are very transparent in reporting data. But in Naija, you need connection to do ordinary covid-19 test even when you present symptoms. So far in Nigeria, less than 14k tests have been conducted with 40 deaths and 1325 positive cases. do your statistics properly and estimate, given the current state what the number of deaths would be in Nigeria if positive cases are 835k.

Even if Air peace is doing a free evacuation, i can assure you that Nigerians here in the US are not interested. Those signifying interest are those who are in the US on very short visits like two weeks conference and would run into financial crises if they stay beyond that period. Even in the midst of the surging number of positive cases in the US, the US still evacuated hundreds of Nigerian-Americans to the US, this is to show you that they'll rather be in the US than Nigeria. Get out of your dream guys and stop thinking anybody wants to come back to naija.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by seunhandsome: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
gypsey:
200 illegal Nigerians are going back to nigeria voluntarily and some nigerians are on here mocking them, Nigeria could never never ever be better than the US or UK, more than 1 million Nigerians have already died this year alone in nigeria as a result of starvation, pneumonia, generator fumes, pollutions, malaria, typhoid and preventable road accidents. so Nigeria isn't paradise afterall. but some nigerians wouldn't know this anyway because corona virus have over shadowed all the other critical problems in nigeria

Illegal immigrants would NEVER join an evacuation plan. if its all about returning to Nigeria, they would have saved up the money or even borrowed money from friends and families to get themselves on a plane to Nigeria. its not about being illegal. they would always find a way to survive just as they have being surviving.

Those they are coming to pick up are Nigerians, mind you i said Nigerians and not Nigerian-Americans, they are coming to pick Nigerians who are in the US on very short stays and who would be heavily impacted by the lockdown and shut down of the airspace. some are only prepared to pay for hotel accommodation for one week, and if they stay beyond 3 weeks in the hotel, they would be very short on cash and would be thrown to the streets. so those are the people they are coming to pick up.

people should stop deluding themselves that Nigerian-Americans or illegal migrant Nigerians want to come back to Nigeria, to come back to Nigeria and do what ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man's Car Somersaults 3 Times And He Survives (Photos) / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Three Men Die In Benue Accident (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.