Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts (68099 Views)

Family Reacts To Betty Anyanwu Purported Marriage To Akeredolu’s Younger Brother / Fela Kuti's Family Reacts As APC Uses Fela's Songs For Their Campaign / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by favour32(m): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

It was not chicken change

The official exchange rate valued the Naira more than the dollar.

A bottle of coke was 30 kobo,
A Peugeot 504 was about 12000

The National budget was 10 billion

It was not error but deliberate persecution

He was tried by a military tribunal
A Peugeot 504 was less than N12,000.
He was never wrong.
It was a trumped-up charge

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Just2endowed2(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Seetto:
This Ambrose Ali is not different from oshiobaba, lucky and obaseki...

Even as an indomi generation, I learn to read personality of buhari and it was through this simple research that I saw how wicked the buhari military administration was.

Till today, no governor in both state combine edo and delta did so much road work with a meager allocation at that time. If he was like the corrupt people as you listed, AA legacy shouldn't have live long.
After all the persecution by buhari, the illegal government couldn't trace any money or foreign accounts link to him.

But since buaei heart is stubborn to the core, he decided to prove that he was indeed guilty by pardoning him. Well, I like the family stand on there father innocent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Vulcan24(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
his past is full of human right abuses and tyranny

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by dboo442: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ambrose Ali roads in ekpoma lasted for decades b4 thief igbenedion came in as governor and oshobaba anini,this fools never repair or maintain the roads.so what is this impotent buhari saying now

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
NigeriaBam:
grin This N983,000 be like Billions then.
I believe next government will jail Buhari Cabinet (Ministers) same 100 years in prison
I think it's around 200-500 million naira.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by double77: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
I wonder why thief always associate with Edo people.
just as madness is associated with your family.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by NigeriaBam: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
NLReposter:
I think it's around 200-500 million naira.
Alright. Thanks Boss
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by double77: 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
blowjohn:

grin grin grin grin grin

Na ashawo things me I know o.
And cultism
this why i hate igbos because it is only a bastard uneducated person from the east that will say shit like this. Everybody knows igbo is a ritualist and blood money tribe. They can even rape their mother and kill their father to get rich.
You people also went to China and start biting nurses. I hope they send that mad man back in a coffin. Causing problem for the good citizens of Nigeria all over the world.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

It was not chicken change

The official exchange rate valued the Naira more than the dollar.

A bottle of coke was 30 kobo,
A Peugeot 504 was about 12000

The National budget was 10 billion

It was not error but deliberate persecution

He was tried by a military tribunal

Help me tell him o!

Adjusting for inflation, that amount will be closer to $3 million or more today, or N1 billion.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by blowjohn(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
double77:

this why i hate igbos

Am not igbo
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by xpool(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
RaptObserver:

You re correct. But if he was persecuted that means his family can make claims since Buhari is now in a democratic regime and I know he will realize he abused power that time.
Make claim ms where?
With that cj?
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
9jaRealist:

That was big money during our parents’ time - almost $2 million... >
Yea about 300 milla naira.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by omonnakoda: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

Help me tell him o!

Adjusting for inflation, that amount will be closer to $3 million or more today, or N100 million.
$3 million is over a billion Naira

Those were days when we were still spending kobo
The biggest note in circulation was 20 naira
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by israelmao(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
Does it really matter granting people posthumous pardon most especially for the offence that they didn't commit.?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Asour: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
RaptObserver:

You re correct. But if he was persecuted that means his family can make claims since Buhari is now in a democratic regime and I know he will realize he abused power that time.

I am not a lawyer at all but isn't it too late?

There are statutes of limitations to taking legal actions. '89 is a long time ago.

And it's hard to defend any politician. It'll be a wasted effort if he wasn't a 'saint'.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by omonnakoda: 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
israelmao:
Does it really matter granting people posthumous pardon most especially for the offence that they didn't commit.?
In this case what is appropriate is not a pardon but rescinding the conviction as unlawful by a similar token Abacha should be on trial for all the LOOT
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by omonnakoda: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Asour:

I am not a lawyer at all but isn't it too late?

There are statutes of limitations to taking legal actions. '89 is a long time ago.

And it's hard to defend any politician. It'll be a wasted effort if he wasn't a 'saint'.
In Nigeria?
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Agugbadin: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just2endowed2:

He was tried by major General buhari tribunal.

At first, buhari shouldn't have pardon him because at the end it has back fire on him.

The family still maintain that AA never stole. If you go to old bendel edo and delta today, he's legacy still stand. He built the first state university in Nigeria. Network of roads are still there till today in those two state.
He was a visionary man but one man from daura doesn't really like positive or growth but destruction.

I agree with you absolutely, he was a visionary leader, brilliant academic who knew the value of good education.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Stan2330(m): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Pls of what use is the pardon since he is late?
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Urchman200: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
DriggityDre:

All these guys carrying Facebook logic here, nawa for you o!
ur Buhari is the most corrupt criminal this country ever had as president. Stealing under the guise of audio integrity.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Urchman200: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Who will pardon Buhari??
his zomby followers for misleading them.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by doe: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Them for reject and seek justice in court. The pardon na insult to a great Edo man.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by doe: 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Stan2330:
Pls of what use is the pardon since he is late?
Family will benefit..pension and all the other things ex governors collect.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Maliqcious: 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
I wonder why thief always associate with Edo people.
Na Men dey run...foolish entity
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Stan2330(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
doe:

Family will benefit..pension and all the other things ex governors collect.

Thank you
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by daddytime(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
Of all the rogues in the Second Republic, it is ironic and demonic that one of the best and hard-working governors of that Republic-Ambrose Ali was the only one who was imprisoned by this same Buhari, and whose sentence stood until this day.

People of this age and time need to understand that there were National rogues from the North during these times like the Umar Dikkos from North et al.

Isn't it funny that there aren't any Northern names included on this list of old school politicians like the Enahoros and Alis?

A leopard indeed never changes his spots.

Anyone, particularly from the old Bendel State, will tell you how Ambrose Ali was one of the best among his peers of the second republic.

Who could have forgotten the era of " this book is the property of the Bendel State Government- NOT FOR SALE" crested on all school books across all levels.

The funniest yet painful part of all these is that people who benefited hugely from Ali's government abound in this same bigot and lopsided administration, the likes of Ovie Omo Agege and the Minister of State for Labor (Festus Keyamo).

I wonder if people are expected to rejoice at this news.

How an innocent dead man could be granted pardon/amnesty while the truly guilty walked and died innocently/freely still beats my imagination.

Confusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by double77: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
blowjohn:

Am not igbo
who cares, you and your useless father will both die ugly like a goat.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Seetto: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just2endowed2:

Even as an indomi generation, I learn to read personality of buhari and it was through this simple research that I saw how wicked the buhari military administration was.

Till today, no governor in both state combine edo and delta did so much road work with a meager allocation at that time. If he was like the corrupt people as you listed, AA legacy shouldn't have live long.
After all the persecution by buhari, the illegal government couldn't trace any money or foreign accounts link to him.

But since buaei heart is stubborn to the core, he decided to prove that he was indeed guilty by pardoning him. Well, I like the family stand on there father innocent.
Guy na physical look, not what you are thinking..
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by DriggityDre: 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Urchman200:
ur Buhari is the most corrupt criminal this country ever had as president. Stealing under the guise of audio integrity.
Abeg I no support Buhari o. Na the 'click like and share' wey I talk say na Facebook logic.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Maliqcious: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
double77:

this why i hate igbos because it is only a bastard uneducated person from the east that will say shit like this. Everybody knows igbo is a ritualist and blood money tribe. They can even rape their mother and kill their father to get rich.
You people also went to China and start biting nurses. I hope they send that mad man back in a coffin. Causing problem for the good citizens of Nigeria all over the world.
Bros You they waste words self...You don forget say them copy Us for everything...copy copy republic...even the ashawo work na don dominate
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Akhagbenidestin(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:
I wonder o
na lie he know
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Akhagbenidestin(m): 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
RaptObserver:
Chicken change... But what if he was convicted out of error? His family should sue FG for damages.
what are you saying do you know how much that's now brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Abuja Buying Suya (Photo) / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / My Visit To The EFCC Carpark (photos) - Ajayiwrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.