Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts (68116 Views)

Family Reacts To Betty Anyanwu Purported Marriage To Akeredolu’s Younger Brother / Fela Kuti's Family Reacts As APC Uses Fela's Songs For Their Campaign / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Chamberlin1983(m): 6:48am On Apr 11, 2020
This wasnt chicken change as at that time.remember that at that the naira was far above the dollar
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by AreaFada2: 6:59am On Apr 11, 2020
cyrilamx:
Thank God u admitted what I said earlier maybe not in this post. Alli was very forthright. He didn't even build himself a house. But also honestly he couldn't account for the money like u said corrupt element within his party misused. So since majority were his appointees, he took the hit. Blame not Buhari rather those who betrayed Alli. secondly never try to segregate the North. when it appointments we loop all Northerner s together. The accusation of majority b4 that no northerner was jailed by Buhari. But the case of Zuwo dismissed that. If you knew the evil of Dikko u won't support him, the powerful Shagari transport minister who once opined that Nigerians have not yet started eating from dustbins goes to show the length he was willing to bring them to book. Tell me any leader in Nigeria's history that have fought corruption like the Buhari/Idiagbon. Well that of Ekueme, the SMT still maintained they found stach of cash in his bedroom. Well like every other human institution, it wasn't perfect, some Nigerians with honourable records were victims. Even Gani supported that anti corruption stance of the govt. Ask yourself, if that govt had been allowed to remain far longer, would we still be battling with corruption till now? Except we not sincere here.
Atiku and Mustapha Jokolo, deposed Emir of Gwandu, who was Buhari's ADC in all honesty would disagree with you. Atiku was senior customs officer at Lagos Airport then.
Buhari commited treason overthrowing a democratic govt. Being shot is the punishment for it.
You cannot forcefully bring discipline long term. You must bring good economy along with it to make people fall in line. Buhari brought unemployment. Unemployment leads to more social issues. What's the use queuing up at the bank but armed robbers all over the place at night?

Unless you were old enough to witness all aspects of his regime do not believe stories. Buhari was never capable and dodged responsibility. It was even Idiagbon who had some ok ideas and often made those announcements.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by cyrilamx(m): 7:18am On Apr 11, 2020
AreaFada2:

Atiku and Mustapha Jokolo, deposed Emir of Gwandu, who was Buhari's ADC in all honesty would disagree with you. Atiku was senior customs officer at Lagos Airport then.
Buhari commited treason overthrowing a democratic govt. Being shot is the punishment for it.
You cannot forcefully bring discipline long term. You must bring good economy along with it to make people fall in line. Buhari brought unemployment. Unemployment leads to more social issues. What's the use queuing up at the bank but armed robbers all over the place at night?

Unless you were old enough to witness all aspects of his regime do not believe stories. Buhari was never capable and dodged responsibility. It was even Idiagbon who had some ok ideas and often made those announcements.
Oga the recession that brought in unemployment was already on us b4 Buhari took over. Except u want to deceive urself. Was it not as result of the recession Shagari initiated the austerity measures of rationing essentials commodities which was christened "exenco"? Try to read the book "Beckon to serve" by Shagari u will read him admitting to this. Aside tackled the issue of unemployment and revamping of the economy, mind u they refused to devalue the Naira against the advice of IMF. Well IBB came, the rest is history and we enjoying the fallout of what he instituted.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by sharena(m): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2020
NigeriaBam:
grin This N983,000 be like Billions then.
I believe next government will jail Buhari Cabinet (Ministers) same 100 years in prison

I pray so because their level of stealing na die ooo

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Yujin(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2020
IME1:

Your entire write up almost brought tears to my eyes
So apt
I've so much to say but I don't want to sound judgmental, abusive and uncivilised

Your write up reflects a true Bendelite/Mid-Westerner

Truly you asked
Where are those who lived in that era
Those who benefitted from his regime
Those who know the truth? ??

This shows that on this forum at least there are not many people from Mid-West born between 1974 or even 64 who know the place of Mid-West in the history of the entire Nigeria, who want to speak up with dignity and not the misplaced pride of some other regions and states or tribes...

Sad...
Some even said the region is known for cultism, prostitution and thieves
Hmm what an insult, what lie, what bigotry...

But it's not fitting for me to answer such or indeed any comment cause it will form a thread of itself

Bottomline is that the late Prof Ambrose Ali was a man of integrity and good works. He said he was innocent of the charges and I believe him. He does not need Buhari's pardon but would have given him one if he where to be alive.
As for Igbinedion paying the fine, that's story for another day. God reward his intentions.
For Buhari believing the charges against Ali and turning his eyes against Ganduje those of the other regions especially his side who truly committed crimes and fraud against their states in that 2nd republic (79 - 83) may God judge him.
For those who believe and those who know the truth and deliberately refused to speak out, may their cases be as it was for Ali but with mercy.
For Obaseki who engineered this and now the Ali family would benefit from financial gains acfruing to past governors, may your intention be revealed and rewarded accordingly.
For me, the mercy of God.
For all of us truth and justice
The question most Christians especially southerners fail to ask is this. Why the pardon at this time? Most things fulanis do is strategic; it's never for fancy. They're trying to pacify something. We must learn to read between the lines. Nothing is for granted. They're trying to stall any crystallized resistance against them. See all the other prisoners released; they're all Christians. They trying to appease and create stumbling blocks in our ranks to challenge the power they currently control. We must not fall for it. They're certainly not doing anyone a favour releasing those men or granting an innocent man a pardon. The best they should do is restructure but even that, they won't agree. Let's be wiser.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Successlane: 8:17am On Apr 11, 2020
omonnakoda:
He was not a thief.

It was just Buhari's bigotry at work
How many of his brothers did he convict?

You must be of Indomie generation

Have you heard of Abubakar Rimi, Sabo Barkin Zuwo, Adamu Attah, among others, they were all Northerners convicted during Buhari/Idiagbon régime
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Successlane: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2020
topmost1102:
Who will jail him?
IPOB pigs !?!?!
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by omonnakoda: 8:54am On Apr 11, 2020
Successlane:

You must be of Indomie generation

Have you heard of Abubakar Rimi, Sabo Barkin Zuwo, Adamu Attah, among others, they were all Northerners convicted during Buhari/Idiagbon régime
You are mannerless.
My children are not of the indomie generation
Do you think the internet gives you a licence to talk to people anyhow?
Tell us what Rimi was sentenced for and for how long
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2020
omonnakoda:

You are mannerless.
My children are not of the indomie generation
Do you think the internet gives you a licence to talk to people anyhow?
Tell us what Rimi was sentenced for and for how long
baba forget that guy, atleast he agrees to the impeccable qualities of prof
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Gaskia: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2020
I was in rude shock when I heard of the 'presidential pardon' to Ambrose Ali. You cannot pardon someone who was never guilty or convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction. If GMB has repented of his high handedness with respect to the matter, the best he should have done was to tender a personal apology as Buhari, not as president, declare the false trial as illegal, and pay a symbolic exemplary damages to the family.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by omonnakoda: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2020
Mikehot:
baba forget that guy
The funny thing is Adamu Atta was an Ebira man not a Fulani or Hausa,he was not convicted neither was Rimi
In fact at the time of the coup he was not the governor in Kwara state
Barkin Zuwo was arrested in Government House Kano on the day of the coup allegedly with 3.4 million naira and allegedly said that it was
Government money in Government House so what is the problem? That was a national joke at the time

He was jailed 300years but most of those jailed were from the south I cannot think of any Fulani that was jailed.

Interestingly Alli was jailed for diverting government money to his political party.

How was Buhari's election inn2015 and 2019 funded?

Where did the bullion van money come from?
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2020
though we are yet to receive any direct official communication on this matter, we are pleased to hear that our father/uncle/brother/grandfather has received a presidential pardon. So our ancestor have be ruling Nigeria
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by ericmor: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
omonnakoda:

I wonder o

Y wondering? Someone made a mistake n latter realized that and made correction n apologize n u dey wonder
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by topmost1102(m): 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Successlane:

IPOB pigs !?!?!
they are still Nigerian like you are .
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2020
marylandcakes:

Really? He sent his children to govt schools . His house in his village is basic. It was the people around him that were stealing. He had a vision for the state unfortunately Nigerians don’t like progress.
First rule of leadership, the leader takes all the glory and blame first.
If as a governor your commissioners and other appointees are stealing government funds then you are equally culpable.
Leave sentiments aside the committed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Abuja Buying Suya (Photo) / Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.