Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts (68124 Views)

Family Reacts To Betty Anyanwu Purported Marriage To Akeredolu’s Younger Brother / Fela Kuti's Family Reacts As APC Uses Fela's Songs For Their Campaign / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by DonMekino(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
as far as am concerned and with the information gathered, this guy is a coward....a man illegally overthrew ur dad democratic mandate and jailed him via military tribunal....then is giving him pardon? u should man up and tell him that such pardon isn't needed as a matter of fact, it's ur dad that should pardon him for his atrocities of 1983... don't fall the dead man hand biko
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by topmost1102(m): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Who will pardon Buhari??
Who will jail him?
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Urchman200: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
DriggityDre:

Abeg I no support Buhari o. Na the 'click like and share' wey I talk say na Facebook logic.
ok
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by back2sender: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
I wonder why thief always associate with Edo people.
Your Fada!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by ComradeRahmon(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
jobless
DriggityDre:

All these guys carrying Facebook logic here, nawa for you o! Which one be click like and share.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Maliqcious: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
Seetto:
Guy na physical look, not what you are thinking..
what are you saying
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by ruffDiamond: 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
RaptObserver:
Chicken change... But what if he was convicted out of error? His family should sue FG for damages.
no be chicken change ooo OK that money na like 1 trilla in those days the man na confirmed thief but bihari was no better
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by nams77: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
Shut up!

I know you are a baby and don't know what transpired. Find out from the 4elders around you!
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by wizelink(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
How much money has Mr Buhari misappropriated since 2015. Nothing is hidden under the sun. One his sins will be made public.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by HundHunter(m): 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Who will pardon Buhari??

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu when he succeeded in becoming the Blesident of Biafra.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by hamer: 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
just like ur family is associated with roberry
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Aturitoroman: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:

U must be very very stupid
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by erons22(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
You are very silly
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Professor Ambrose Alli studied in the United kingdom and was a medical doctore before he came back home to Nigeria,Edo state to contest and won the gubernatorial elections. He was convicted by General Muhammadu Buhari. Because Ambrose Alli did not commit any fraud,all the accusations were false. Till date,if u go to ekpoma, the roads he constructed then in the 1980s is still there intact.

Who Nigeria this thing Buhari criminal

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by AnanseK(m): 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

It was just Buhari's bigotry at work
How many of his brothers did he convict?

Hundreds
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by juman(m): 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
The military armed robbers.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Onlyonebuhari: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
100 years imprisonment, that is the new NIGERIA I hope for. But now looters are celebrated.

What a pity!
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by blowjohn(m): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
double77:

who cares, you and your useless father will both die ugly like a goat.

U mean ur father is a goat? Ur a useless fellow for quoting me to insult my father. U will die like a goat becos I never mentioned ur name.
Idiot

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by akmath: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
XshegzzyeeiX:
Good hearted people of nairaland, I beseech y'all to come to my aid as regards feeding for myself and female daughter.
GTB: 012-0786-306, O. O. A

+

Amidst this pandemic, God will protect and bless us all.
AMEN!!!
Female daughter

We learn everyday.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Aturitoroman: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
bigglenn12:
Professor Ambrose Alli studied in the United kingdom and was a medical doctore before he came back home to Nigeria,Edo state to contest and won the gubernatorial elections. He was convicted by General Muhammadu Buhari. Because Ambrose Alli did not commit any fraud,all the accusations were false. Till date,if u go to ekpoma, the roads he constructed then in the 1980s is still there intact.

Who Nigeria this thing Buhari criminal

God bless you guy,
Not only ekpoma even abraka self.
some people are just here commenting rubbish whereas they know nothing about the man..

Children everywhere

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
Out of the blues story
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by XshegzzyeeiX: 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
akmath:
Female daughter

We learn everyday.
Nah mistake O. I don correct am to female child.
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Promise47(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
Awoleesu:

What? Wait! Are you telling me Sani Abacha, Ibrahim Babangida, Muhamnadu Buhari, Babachir Lawal, Jolly Nyame, Dimeji Bankole, Stella Oduah, Orji Uzor Kalu, Bode George, Sunday Afolabi, Atiku Abubakar, Atiku Bagudu, Dikko Inde, Tafa Balogun, Tukur Buratai, Amosu, Yero, etc are all from Edo state?
you for Jagaban Tinubu n Amechi oslohmal ETC
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by marylandcakes: 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:

Not a very nice thing to say. Ambrose Ali was the best Govt Bendel State had. The indomine generation will not understand that. He introduced free education including books and at all levels to the state. He made education a dream come through for the common man.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by stagger: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:

Wetin dey worry you?

Anyone who attended school under him where education was free of charge will attest to his policies. Buhari is simply trying to atone for a grevious sin he committed against Ambrose Alli and his family. Not just free, even textbooks and exercise books marked "property of Bendel State government".

This stupid comment shows Nairaland has been overtaken by small children still wearing nappies without knowing their left from their right. They never knew how great a country we had until this man and his military people entered and destroyed everything.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by naijaman2225(m): 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lipscomb:
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. HE WASN'T A THIEF. HE WAS CONVICTED FOR MISAPPROPRIATION BACK WHEN 'MISAPPROPRIATON' ACTUALLY MEAN'T UTILIZING FUNDS FROM A BUDGETED ITEM TO AN UNBUDGETED BUT FAR MORE URGENT ITEM. NOT NOWADAYS WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY A CODEWORD FOR STEALING.
BTW HE WAS THE FIRST GOVERNOR TO ESTABLISH A STATE UNIVERSITY.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by marylandcakes: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
The man stole money while in office simple.

Really? He sent his children to govt schools . His house in his village is basic. It was the people around him that were stealing. He had a vision for the state unfortunately Nigerians don’t like progress.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Bekool(m): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Afrokit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/he-was-never-guilty-ambrose-allis-family-reacts-to-presidential-pardon/amp

It's only in Nigeria that well known terrorists and corrupt leaders are granting state pardon to convicted innocent dead people what a country.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

$3 million is over a billion Naira

Those were days when we were still spending kobo
The biggest note in circulation was 20 naira

Sorry for the mistake.

Over a billion Naira indeed!
Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by marylandcakes: 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
naijaman2225:
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. HE WASN'T A THIEF. HE WAS CONVICTED FOR MISAPPROPRIATION BACK WHEN 'MISAPPROPRIATON' ACTUALLY MEAN'T UTILIZING FUNDS FROM A BUDGETED ITEM TO AN UNBUDGETED BUT FAR MORE URGENT ITEM. NOT NOWADAYS WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY A CODEWORD FOR STEALING.
BTW HE WAS THE FIRST GOVERNOR TO ESTABLISH A STATE UNIVERSITY.

I don’t understand what all this people are talking about, I’ve not seen any decent governor than Ambrose Ali. The federal government then, starved him of funds to pay the state workers. What was he supposed to do?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by IME1: 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
daddytime:

Your entire write up almost brought tears to my eyes
So apt
I've so much to say but I don't want to sound judgmental, abusive and uncivilised

Your write up reflects a true Bendelite/Mid-Westerner

Truly you asked
Where are those who lived in that era
Those who benefitted from his regime
Those who know the truth? ??

This shows that on this forum at least there are not many people from Mid-West born between 1974 or even 64 who know the place of Mid-West in the history of the entire Nigeria, who want to speak up with dignity and not the misplaced pride of some other regions and states or tribes...

Sad...
Some even said the region is known for cultism, prostitution and thieves
Hmm what an insult, what lie, what bigotry...

But it's not fitting for me to answer such or indeed any comment cause it will form a thread of itself

Bottomline is that the late Prof Ambrose Ali was a man of integrity and good works. He said he was innocent of the charges and I believe him. He does not need Buhari's pardon but would have given him one if he where to be alive.
As for Igbinedion paying the fine, that's story for another day. God reward his intentions.
For Buhari believing the charges against Ali and turning his eyes against Ganduje those of the other regions especially his side who truly committed crimes and fraud against their states in that 2nd republic (79 - 83) may God judge him.
For those who believe and those who know the truth and deliberately refused to speak out, may their cases be as it was for Ali but with mercy.
For Obaseki who engineered this and now the Ali family would benefit from financial gains acfruing to past governors, may your intention be revealed and rewarded accordingly.
For me, the mercy of God.
For all of us truth and justice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts by OsuMustGo: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
omonnakoda:
He was not a thief.

It was just Buhari's bigotry at work
How many of his brothers did he convict?
He is a convited thief !

Ole barawo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Abuja Buying Suya (Photo) / Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.