Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (103323 Views)

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by tiswell(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
what is so special about ogwashi?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by inereunwa1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
grandstar:

DSTV Nigeria is 60% locally owned. DSTV came into Nigeria in 1993 or 1994 and at that time, foreigners were only allowed to own 40% "of companies in Nigeria

It was Michael Oni, the 2nd finance minister that liberalized investment laws by letting foreigners own 100%. That was in 1995
OK I'll still do some research on my own because the way guys for naija dey bash dstv eh them they say na South Africa get am!
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Dantedasz(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
PRINTIKANIGERIA:
Let me correct an impression here with the little I know of PH.

I think the Op and the other guy who posted similar pictures lives in the sames area of portharcourt (Lagos street, Town, Borokiri, Water Side, New Market, Nembe etc)

These areas are what we call the ghetto part of a city. (Majority of those leaving in PH does not know the road to these places. Especially if you are to go beyond Lagos bus stop, Aggrey Road)

I am currently based in Lagos and forget the hypes you get from Nigerian States, they are all trash.
The only states with reasonable developments are Abuja , Lagos and to a large extent port Harcourt (forget these ghetto pictures. The state is well planned)

I think there is an Agenda to discredit the beauty of the City . ( I don't know what they stand to gain by snapping pictures of areas majorly occupied by the poor and less privileged in the states.)

Most of the Areas in PH are gated for security reasons. There is an island called eagle Island which presently you can't drink any satchet water and drop on the street or road. ( dem go flog u)

They have so many Rumus
Eg rumuola, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumuopirikom, Romuodumanya, Rumuosi, Rumoimoi, Romuola, Rumuokuta, Rumuebekwe (na estates full here) Rumuigbo, Rumuolumeni etc

Orazi (Well planned, dem sabi get light like winch) Wimpey, Choba, Mgbuoba, Artillary, Garrison, TransAmadi, Eliozu, Dline (well planned) Old Gra , new Gra, Agip, Location, Olu Obasanjo, Igwuruta, Rukpokwu, Amadi Ama (well planned) Abuloma (well planned) tank, Slaughter, Woji (well planned) etc

Above are some beautiful areas in Port Harcourt, don't be deceived by the ghetto pictures.
I have been in almost all states in Nigeria and I can state for a fact that only 3 states has seen a bit of development (Abj ,Lag, Phc)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Adaogwashi1(f): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
tiswell:
what is so special about ogwashi?
everything cheesy grin

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Kingproy(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Mr poster your brain dey twerk

This is okrika and not Port Harcourt

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by tiswell(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
everything cheesy grin

That's funny,I think you are just a happy young lady from ogwashi.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Dantedasz(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
inereunwa1:
yes seriously grin

You can say that to someone who has never been to Edo state.
There are many mud houses in Benin/Igbobazuwa coated with cement plastering.
This is how Port Harcourt people were shouting Garden city all over the place until these threads exposed the ghettos therein.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by victor175(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cholls:
my brother may God help you. All I see is hopelessness in the pictures.

� I saw the hopelessness too. God epp them o
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.

This yorubastard

You're not from Owerri,
Be proud of your ogbomosho

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Adakintroy2: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
I wish I can be poor again with not much hunger now. Not that am rich now oo. But. Had my best momories.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Mrflyguy: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
inereunwa1:
in my state you hardly see brown roof!! I love my state Edo!!

The Edo wey we dey live together abi ? No state for naija wey nor get brown roof . Some just plenty pass another

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Crixxx: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
AngelJennifer:

Please compare the village Enugu to Abakaliki, Onitsha, Awka,and Owerri, not ph. Enugu is dry please.

Be guided.. I've visited even lived in pH.. It's over rated and what the op posted is more like Phc... Stop the hype and chill. Although its better than ibadan... But lots of residents there are careless.. Even when going towards their universities you see filthy places.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Adakintroy2: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.

It's because of dangOTE and the Yorba collision that is causing it. they want to build oil in the south even though they don't have a drop. Black man complain of racism again God will punish them. Tribalism is racism.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by unbiase(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Beremi people with lies .How can this be portharcourt?even if its the worst and most rugged part,why not add the fine parts.However,i stand to be corrected that this is not portharcourtost=88426666][/quote]
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Spiff20:
PH is the most developed city in the entire South South and South East Region of Nigeria. If that's too hard a fact to deal with, you and Chino should go and hang yourselves.
[/s]

Bullshit.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
AngelJennifer:

Please compare the village Enugu to Abakaliki, Onitsha, Awka,and Owerri, not ph. Enugu is dry please.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Spiff20:
PH is the most developed city in the entire South South and South East Region of Nigeria. If that's too hard a fact to deal with, you and Chino should go and hang yourselves.
[/s]

PH will all these slum no near Awka sef. Yama yama everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Spiff20(m): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
iSlayer2:

PH will all these slum no near Awka sef. Yama yama everywhere.
Awka is just a noun compared to PH.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by captainking(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Parisian:
Same......I stay in woji and most days we experience 24hrs electricity.
Confirm.. Tell them bro... Are you good with FIFA on ps4?? I need a challenge...
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sundahjoe(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
it's obvious OP is not a native of PH, maybe she is there on a short period for one reason or the other. I suppose the display up there is indirectly showing us how the state of the area looks like for nairalanders to condemn.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by captainking(m): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Coldie:

Why does woji enjoy this privilege?

Is it cause the LG chairman is from there? Or the companies are supplying the community with electricity. Cause here I am. The community houses obio akpor LG headquarters, Adp, fire service, police station, and a federal agricultural agency, yet road ZERO, electricity POOR, security POOR, unemployment HIGH.
I have no idea why Woji enjoys this privileged.. I used to stay at rumuokoro.. But when I visited my ex in Woji.. I marvelled at the way the enjoy light there... I had to move bro... And it's been extremely fantastic.. I forgot what it means to use generator...
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Kinematics: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
The clown onitsha village boy has gone to open another thread on Anambra. To save face.

You are only wasting your time. PH will always be your daddy!
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by desthan(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
Garrieveryday:
I'm not aware of this Brown Roof Republic of Portharcourt.

Which part of Portharcourt is this please?

BABA I TIRE FOR THE POSTER

THIS BROWN KIND BROWN ROOF AND THE DELAPIDATED HOUSES>

PLEASE ASK HIM WHERE HE RESIDES, THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by rashy1234(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
This place is damn overrated!
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by fof1: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:

PLS GO AND SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE. DID U SEE PORT HARCOURT? HAVE U BEEN TO PH? HOW CAN YOU COMPARE OWERRI WITH PH. WHAT DO MEAN PLS! CHECK UP UR FACTS AND DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY D ABOVE PICTURES...
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Spiff20(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
Sundahjoe:
it's obvious OP is not a native of PH, maybe she is there on a short period for one reason or the other. I suppose the display up there is indirectly showing us how the state of the area looks like for nairalanders to condemn.
The Op is a male hiding under that moniker. Which female would be brave enough in this lockdown to walk aimlessly around these rough neighborhood taking pictures? The Op is running a sequel to what he started.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Dantedasz(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
AngelJennifer:

Nope. I served in Enugu state, Enugu north precisely, Enugu is a village to be compared to Port Harcourt, compare it with abakalaki, awka and the likes please. I don't even know this area posted here. It is not port Harcourt city. It could be one of those cities in other local governments in Rivers state.

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Barbilius: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
UdechiHD:
True, exactly. But why does he focus only on the SE. (They are fed up with Owerri and Aba this why you see them take a swipe at Port Harcourt). Chino you see today was a warlord who emerge in a time when the SW war mongers were having a field day on the Igbos. He single handedly decimated the SW champions in time past that all of them had to run for cover. But ever since he got bought by some people, he hardly post his Ibadan or Osun thread since almost 9 years now.
So you’re not wrong, he is paid to work as a site enhancer through stoking tribal fight and demarketing of the SE/SS. As a matter of fact any divisive post that pitch a SE state vs another state whether political or cultural just know that his hands is there.
Now not just him, both him, Abagworo and other SW e-war monger like Tunde etc have been bought to do so and many of these folks were rewarded with the BMC job from the pre-2014 connect of the boss himself. Some IPOB members who have distinguished themselves are in the payroll. I guess Seun is enjoying what they are doing, so you can never win any battle against them. All what him and other paid site enhancer do is use divisions to push nairaland and to cash out.
My own opinion though.
Can y'll just face your regions please and stop mentioning SW.?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
Kinematics:
The clown onitsha village boy has gone to open another thread on Anambra. To save face.You are only wasting your time. PH will always be your daddy!

Hahahaha

I like you are making chino to look invincible. You are a hyper man for chino.

PORT HARCOURT will remain a shithole
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
rashy1234:
This place is damn overrated!

That's PORT HARCOURT for you
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Crixxx:

Be guided.. I've visited even lived in pH.. It's over rated and what the op posted is more like Phc... Stop the hype and chill. Although its better than ibadan... But lots of residents there are careless.. Even when going towards their universities you see filthy places.

Ok hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.