Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (103408 Views)

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ceda99: 12:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Ph city is a glorified ghetto. Oil city with nothing to write home about. Teeming with hoodlums and cultists and policemen who could kill you over as little as #50 and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by yomeyome: 12:41am On Apr 15, 2020
Beremi:
PH is a beautiful well planned city with paved streets
This is old port Harcourt town! Pls this part does not represent the average port Harcourt city.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by spacemullah: 12:42am On Apr 15, 2020
Life day this street... I day tell you.
If you want see life, walk pass there.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sniper101(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Coldie:

I dont know where d OP is from but lemme ask u, u say it's no secret that we don't love Rivers people, u do u people love us?

lemme still ask u, do u usually "remain" inlove with someone who OBVIOUSLY has no love for you ??
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Coldie(m): 12:48am On Apr 15, 2020
Sniper101:

lemme still ask u, do u usually "remain" inlove with someone who OBVIOUSLY has no love for you ??
There's a difference BTW do u remain in love my question is una love us before?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sniper101(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2020
oceania100:

Park one side abeg. Instead of getting your leaders to do something about the slum and shanties you call city, you're rather chasing shadows.

Shift one side joor

Are the leaders in your home state any better ??
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sniper101(m): 12:52am On Apr 15, 2020
Coldie:

There's a difference BTW do u remain in love my question is una love us before?

How would I know?

All I know is, since when I start to know something...na dat time I know say una no love us...hence, we returned the favor.

Anything before that time, I don't know.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Coldie(m): 12:56am On Apr 15, 2020
Sniper101:

How would I know?

All I know is, since when I start to know something...na dat time I know say una no love us...hence, we returned the favor.

Anything before that time, I don't know.
Na so e start, the way u take know something know say we no love una na so we take know too know say una no like us.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by PropertyBuying(f): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Which owerri?

Which wonders?

Linus and their mafias...grin

I never knew some parts of PH is this underdeveloped.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sniper101(m): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Coldie:

Na so e start, the way u take know something know say we no love una na so we take know too know say una no like us.

Na so you reason am, baa?
Ok o
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Seun360(m): 1:48am On Apr 15, 2020
PRINTIKANIGERIA:
Let me correct an impression here with the little I know of PH.

I think the Op and the other guy who posted similar pictures lives in the sames area of portharcourt (Lagos street, Town, Borokiri, Water Side, New Market, Nembe etc)

These areas are what we call the ghetto part of a city. (Majority of those leaving in PH does not know the road to these places. Especially if you are to go beyond Lagos bus stop, Aggrey Road)

I am currently based in Lagos and forget the hypes you get from Nigerian States, they are all trash.
The only states with reasonable developments are Abuja , Lagos and to a large extent port Harcourt (forget these ghetto pictures. The state is well planned)

I think there is an Agenda to discredit the beauty of the City . ( I don't know what they stand to gain by snapping pictures of areas majorly occupied by the poor and less privileged in the states.)

Most of the Areas in PH are gated for security reasons. There is an island called eagle Island which presently you can't drink any satchet water and drop on the street or road. ( dem go flog u)

They have so many Rumus
Eg rumuola, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumuopirikom, Romuodumanya, Rumuosi, Rumoimoi, Romuola, Rumuokuta, Rumuebekwe (na estates full here) Rumuigbo, Rumuolumeni etc

Orazi (Well planned, dem sabi get light like winch) Wimpey, Choba, Mgbuoba, Artillary, Garrison, TransAmadi, Eliozu, Dline (well planned) Old Gra , new Gra, Agip, Location, Olu Obasanjo, Igwuruta, Rukpokwu, Amadi Ama (well planned) Abuloma (well planned) tank, Slaughter, Woji (well planned) etc

Above are some beautiful areas in Port Harcourt, don't be deceived by the ghetto pictures.
I have been in almost all states in Nigeria and I can state for a fact that only 3 states has seen a bit of development (Abj ,Lag, Phc)

Truth.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by phyl123: 2:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Do Nigerians know the meaning of beautiful anymore?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Damfostopper(m): 3:05am On Apr 15, 2020
Dirty state
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by larryking540: 4:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Daintydan:
I don't have camera phone nah.
LOL!

U con worst pass the op o
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by BlueAir: 6:21am On Apr 15, 2020
I don't really know what to say much. I expected to see better of the PH I've always been curious to go.

But great job beremi.home is always where we have loved ones
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Beautiful indeed. Pictures from slums of PH
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2020
Failure44:

This must be a joke?
So undeveloped, come to Delta State and you'll lick our roads out of excitement cheesy
. Delta state has more slums than PH
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Area4Area: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Eastlink:
A true Port Harcourt boy will not show only the bad side of the city. Show people the good side and the bad side. Be objective in your analysis. Stop stereotyping my city. Every city has slums even New York, but be objective.

This is the second time in 1 week that you’re opening such a thread. The other time, you deliberately filled your post with pictures from Bundu and other slums. Today, you’re deliberately posting pictures of only the dilapidated roofs of Diobu as well as other archaic places. Show the bad and the good Mr Chino.
E be like say this exposé pepper you differently o
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Failure44: 7:49am On Apr 15, 2020
PH STILL DAY ON LOCKDOWN?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by showafrica(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2020
Cholls:
my brother may God help you. All I see is hopelessness in the pictures.

I tell u.. Hopelessness in a miserable state.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by showafrica(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.

Yea, i love the fact that people gained confidence in Owerri to raise fantastic edifice and nice hospitality. If u get money for Owerri, u go enjoy the town die.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by sanesta: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Beremi:

Please leave me alone, I am not Berem, I am not chino. Please check my post history. I am not into all this una afonja or Igbo fights. I am a PH girl. I will call the mod if you continue to bully me here because I am a woman
go and sit down undecided
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:
I'm beginning to have a feeling Chino is now a secret mode on Nairaland cloning people's monikers and pushing nonsense to front page. No matter what you do Onitsha or Awka can never be as livable as Port Harcourt. Keep deceiving yourself
[/s]

See this useless old poverty inflicted old man. You should be more concerned about your Owerri that has become worse than Aba. While millions of Imolites are daily moving to Anambra for greener pasture, there's no single Anambran resident anywhere near your worthless and useless Imo state.

No matter how you try Owerri will continue to be a shithole and can never be a match to progressive cities like Onitsha, Awka. You better learn how to deal with it, because our stand on that will remain unchanged.

See your shithole Owerri lol

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:24am On Apr 15, 2020
captainking:

Its really not up for arguments
Though
i said some parts of ph..
'where i stay in ph...i enjoy at least 20 hours of light daily....daily..not weekly....most times...we enjoy 24 hours light for days...
i stay around woji side...anyone that stays there can confirm
i can confirm..i stay at woji too..
leave this girl.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Tonyspecial(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2020
Diobu Life, very sweet
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by captainking(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
i can confirm..i stay at woji too..
leave this girl.
Confirm,...if they like they should not move to woji and enjoy light too.. grin
Can you play fifa on ps4? i am looking for a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by NewJ6322: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Beremi:
Generally, PH is a peaceful garden city where people listen to government instructions
ehe �� continue deceiving those that doesn't live in Port Harcourt
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2020
captainking:

Confirm,...if they like they should not move to woji and enjoy light too.. grin
Can you play fifa on ps4? i am looking for a challenge.
were in woji do u stay
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Kinematics, it hurts hahahaha
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ChinoElects: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2020
BlueAir:
I don't really know what to say much. I expected to see better of the PH I've always been curious to go.

But great job beremi.home is always where we have loved ones

Entire PORT HARCOURT is a shithole. Lol
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by captainking(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
were in woji do u stay
peace valley....after ykc...how bout u
the question remains,...are you good in FIFA?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2020
captainking:

peace valley....after ykc...how bout u
the question remains,...are you good in FIFA?
Culvert junction before woji town hall.

no am not good in fifa

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.