Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). (60925 Views)

Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Misterdhee1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Parisian:
If you're shown pictures of kubwa, gwagwalada, nyanya etc you will never believe they are in abuja. Just ciz someone posted ghetto pictures ph doesn't mean all of ph is like that.

Stay tuned, later today I'll make a thread showing some nice parts of Ph.
Which part of kubwa look like the PH's shithole that was posted yesterday?
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Mistaicey2288: 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
hennylove:
Lugbe or Kubwa is decent and not too expensive

Oh okay thanks for the input ma'am smiley
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Mistaicey2288: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
adamadwealthy:

Houses in Asokoro are costly. A two bedroom flat can go for one 1 million per annum and above depending on the type of houses. But as a beginner, you can get cheap houses at Asokoro extension like Guzape, Kobi etc. You can even get a self-contained apartment of 80k at Asokoro extensions. It's N50 keke drop from Asokoro District to the extensions.

Oh nice one. Thanks for this. I think i wouldn't mind the extensions as long as its okay and peaceful.. I will make more findings. Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Mistaicey2288: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rosarie:

300 to 400k

Cool.. Which area is that?
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Mistaicey2288: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
lawalosky:

lolz. I know trust that Op. at all.
maybe he was dropped by a coaster bus, start snapping peoples house, office and claiming is his street...
Asokoro and Maitama are two powerful Area in Abuja and Only powerful people are opportune to live there.

Yea i have actually been hearing of Asokoro buh never been there before to be honest. I only know places like Wuse 2 and Gwarimpa mostly in Abuja
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by leaculpa: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Azmanaty:

My office is on one of the street in ur pics. Small world indeed
My house is also opposite the protea hotel he posted. On winston churchill.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by leaculpa: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
lawalosky:

lolz. I know trust that Op. at all.
maybe he was dropped by a coaster bus, start snapping peoples house, office and claiming is his street...
Asokoro and Maitama are two powerful Area in Abuja and Only powerful people are opportune to live there.

Dude not everyone in asokoro and maitama own their homes. There are flats to rent too. So there are people from different walks of life. Young, old, singles & families. Also some soldiers got houses in a particular area of asokoro in the early days. Even though they own their own duplexes, I wouldnt call them 'rich'. There are also FSH housing estates with flats owned by FG secretariat staff.

Asokoro & maitama are definitely rich areas, but im just telling you there are different types of people there too dt arent so rich.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by 2kurupt(m): 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mikehot:
yes every city has a ghetto but i don't think ph is humble to admit that, even it's citizens here kept saying they never knew such existed.

Maybe cos of the hype whenever you hear ph so much is been propagated with it

Btw those ghettos could be so much that it explains why ph is a dreadful city especially during elections

Naa. Every true PH breed will tell you to be careful coz we all know the various sections of the City have their own peculiar traits. We have areas on per with the Asokoro district shown here, we have middle class residential areas & finally the slums where social amenities are non-existent.

Most commenters on those threads haven't gone to the nooks and crannies of PH
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Babacele: 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
ccollins:
that's where if u want to be law abiding and want things to work like in western countries, asokoro is an ideal place because if u are educated and own a house there, be sure to find persons with like minds like you and are ready to relate well with u
so why government no asokoroed everywhere for Nigeria so that all of us go dey reasonable? Let me tell you this covid-19 is going to expose a lot of accumulative leadership failure and pretences . This is a global war and only people who are sincerely prepared can manage it. Don't even think maybe because I stay in a slum ,that is why I'm defending non Asokoro residents. I have a comfortable accommodation.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Igbaguru: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by cezarman(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
2kurupt:

Sorry to burst your bubble, every City has a slum/ghetto area.

Those PH picture posters no get sense sha, snapping people's backyard & on top of old, rusty roofs angry who does that?

Blame the stewpid mods pushing such threads to frontpage.
This one captured the streets and passed the message accurately, without showing unnecessary rooftops. The other ones left the streets to post pictures of rooftops... And one mumu mod pushed it to Fp just to mock PH.

Corruption everywhere.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Missionaire: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
fk001:

Do you play FiFA if yes, you can come over lets play. I am bored playing with my younger ones need a good hands. smiley

Not much though.... Mainly Tech stuffs.
By the way, I am @ Mogadishu.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by lawalosky(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Yea i have actually been hearing of Asokoro buh never been there before to be honest. I only know places like Wuse 2 and Gwarimpa mostly in Abuja
Both locations are close to asokoro, just approximately 10-15 min drive depending on the traffic situation.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by lawalosky(m): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
leaculpa:

Dude not everyone in asokoro and maitama own their homes. There are flats to rent too. So there are people from different walks of life. Young, old, singles & families. Also some soldiers got houses in a particular area of asokoro in the early days. Even though they own their own duplexes, I wouldnt call them 'rich'. There are also FSH housing estates with flats owned by FG secretariat staff.

Asokoro & maitama are definitely rich areas, but im just telling you there are different types of people there too dt arent so rich.
Undoubtedly.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by onyeogalu1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
Buharidgeneral:
This is very close to Police Headquarters by the total filling station

By Area 11junction
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by onyeogalu1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
adamadwealthy:

Houses in Asokoro are costly. A two bedroom flat can go for one 1 million per annum and above depending on the type of houses. But as a beginner, you can get cheap houses at Asokoro extension like Guzape, Kobi etc. You can even get a self-contained apartment of 80k at Asokoro extensions. It's N50 keke drop from Asokoro District to the extensions.

Kobi is the Asokoro village?
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
fk001:
Been playing Fifa all-day so i decided to take a stroll this evening

The worse part of it is that one can’t move out, menh I am new in Abuja, nobody to talk to here. Been in doer for going to 3 months now... lol
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by XaintJoel20: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
4ckyou:
And yet people are still moving freely in edo state even with 12 cases already, Obaseki na wa for you, e no go better for you at all

Oga you can chose to stay in your house. Nobody will drag you out.
self imposed lock down

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by dustmalik: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
GEEBITE:
Asokoro and Miatama are rated as one of the best two districts in Abuja.With what I am seeing here(poor landscape,worn out roads etc) it doesn't even come close to Thamesmead in SE London which is seen as a slightly deprived borough.
ArcSEMPECJ:

But on a more serious NOTE.....

If this is actually what Asokoro is like......

I will rather stay in Ajegunle Ikorodu axis biko....
Just a part of Ikeja has swallowed this pics
Even some part of Enugu
ArcSEMPECJ:

I tell you bro, am so disappointed....
See... Don't let the pictures you see in the OP deceive you. These areas are actually between Area 11 and Asokoro. In fact, most people refer to those areas as Area 11, not Asokoro extension.

Asokoro, Maitama and Aso Drive are the most exquisite areas in Abuja, and you can't compare any part of Enugu with these areas. It's not bragging, it's just the fact.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Gbemiie: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
fk001:
Been playing Fifa all-day so i decided to take a stroll this evening

Clean environment. Weldone hahaha
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
dustmalik:

See... Don't let the pictures you see in the OP deceive you. These areas are actually between Area 11 and Asokoro. In fact, most people refer to those areas as Area 11, not Asokoro extension.

Asokoro, Maitama and Aso Drive are the most exquisite areas in Abuja, and you can't compare any part of Enugu with these areas. It's not bragging, it's just the fact.

Yes you’re right! I came from enugu to Abuja recently. And from my view, this is my 3 months in Abuja . I have visited Jabi and Wuse, and I can say Abuja or does areas I have visited re more sweet and beautiful than Enugu. I was even passing through area one with my uncle. And I saw America embassy for the first time lol grin so don’t compare enugu with Abuja o...

Not even Trans/Ekulu for enugu or independence layout

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Doctorflaky(f): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
lawalosky:

am not even sure if that Op is living in asokoro, probably a security personnel.
don't believe the Op, Abj is a packaging town.
I can bet my left ball the Op is living in either nyanya or Karu.
asokoro that is for politicians and business moguls.
and for the houses all are residential buildings...
shalom

Na lie.. Politicians, NGO staff and other well to do personnel' children are living there also. I have a Corper paying 3m rent for one bedroom apartment in of our properties we'are managing in Asokoro.

Just pray that you won't come to this world to count those who get money cos money dey this country.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Doctorflaky:

Na lie.. Politicians, NGO staff and other well to do personnel' children are living there also. I have a Corper paying 3m rent for one bedroom apartment in of our properties we'are managing in Asokoro.

Just pray that you won't come to this world to count those who get money cos money dey this country.

I swear to you
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by akaahs(m): 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
fk001:

Oh that's nice Hosni Mubarak close that is opposite King Faisal street?, you still in Abuja or you have relocated?
Nice one, I have been indoors for the past 21 days without seeing those areas. Live around too
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by lawalosky(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Doctorflaky:

Both of us are still towing the same part.
But I still maintain Mr Op is not living in asokoro.
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by mandy88(f): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bigfish121:
@op I am thinking of relocating to abuja.i currently stay in pH.i will like to know the rent around abuja for a standard self contained though am budgeting 250k.which area will fit this amount.thank.

Durumi estate..constant light, Karu site,Lugbe,gubwa. But I prefare durumi estate cos of the constant power supply
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
mandy88:

Durumi estate..constant light, Karu site,Lugbe,gubwa. But I prefare durumi estate cos of the constant power supply
Which estate in Durumi? or is that the name of the estate?
Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by windhunter(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
juseng:
Asokoro has always been like this bruh

I had also wanted to say the same thing. These pictures are typical of Asokoro. The streets of Asokoro are always quiet and calm regardless of whether there is a lockdown in place or not. Except for that junction close to total and police headquarters and other major roads.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). by paix(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Azmanaty:

Are security personnel not humans?
He said security, not maigadi. Pick no offence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.