Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,805 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? (50084 Views)

Wrong Time To Fall Sick In Nigeria, As Cost Of Medicines Skyrockets / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by oyinda1599(f): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2020
Albertone:
Please how do i get the hair conditioner soap and cream??

The only hair conditioner i know is just an ordinary product like shampoo
what you need is leave in conditioner.That will soften ur hair all day and for easy combing.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Uniqueteco(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2020
Good you know this my guy, same here with me. Severe headache combines with malaria each time my air grows. Not a problem anyway cos its good to know yourself
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by zero824(m): 7:18am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.
When I woke up, the sickness was mysteriously gone.

Now I'm confused because this is so abnormal.
I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol

Ask momma you were born with DREADLOCKS and they were cut off at imatured stage... She will definitely know the way to go about it
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Emjace(m): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2020
You are not the only one. The only cause of this problem is your comb; when you comb your hair, make sure it doesn't pain you. If it pains you then get a bigger comb. If you like that your small comb then be prepared to you soap and water to comb your hair in order to reduce pain.. Get a hair cream (one that makes your hot, eg: darmatol), drink a lot of water and exercise your body regularly
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by 1013jindu: 7:38am On Apr 16, 2020
It happens to me too. I fall seriously ill when my hair is full and I recover once I reduce it to low cut. My mum used to say that the hair was too heavy for my head or something like that
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by tete7000(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2020
bejick:

I was waiting for someone to mention this one. It also happens to me until I neglected it not minding my looks. It stopped on its own.

So it means if he ignores his own, the problem will with time vanish?
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Ishilove: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2020
steppin:

If I have a child today and "dada" forms in his head, I'm removing that hair before you say jack.
I'm the father of that child and just like God has dominion over us, same goes to me his father.
You only have problems, if you believe in those crap.
Issokay.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2020
kiku dey barb Skin, no dey allow ur,hair grow before u barb
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by MrFly(m): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2020
am suspecting u to be a product of Ogbanje. Make findings
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by tallfish145(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2020
mine is headache
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Dollywood(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Arizona5:

My own too is similar to urs I do feel serious headache and fever if I inform my mother that I'm sick the first question she asks me, his hope I have cut my hair. So since then my hair don't last more than 3 weeks. I don't know the reason why till date.

Exactly! When I'm sick, The first thing my mother will ask me to do is to cut my hair if it's even 2weeks old. I wasn't born with dreadlocks tho.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by emvuatt: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2020
Easy just cut your hair and alway cover your hair with the blood of jesus daily you will testify Bro
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Tolani1122(m): 8:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Ask ur MAma
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Albertone(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2020
oyinda1599:
what you need is leave in conditioner.That will soften ur hair all day and for easy combing.
Alright Thank you

I'll try that out
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ShitStain(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2020
I used to have the same problem when I was younger,but mine wasn't a serious sickness just chronic headache.I have since outgrown it though.I can now keep my hair to any level I want.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by darlenese(f): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2020
hand of Satan in your life , there is a covenant that u must break
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by darlenese(f): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2020
hand of Satan in your life , there is a covenant that u must break
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by barag(f): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2020
Jarus:
My own is nails but it can be easily explained.

How?
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by barag(f): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

Really?? My mum told me I had Dada hair too but she always combed it and pulled out the parts that were tangling. I never had any issues till date.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by toprealman: 9:46am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.

I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol
You de form Samson abi..... kwantinu till a reverse Delilah shows up.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by toprealman: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2020
zero824:

Ask momma you were born with DREADLOCKS and they were cut off at imatured stage... She will definitely know the way to go about it
Why be say na only white garment Churches de bear kids wey de get dreadlocks
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Rhyde(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2020
Go and do a head scan to be sure that you do not have an abnormal growth in your head. maybe as your hair grows, its length pushes against the possible growth and affects your sight (as said by you) and then causes headache and invariably causes other problems for you. to be on the safer side, get a check up done
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by richa01: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Hair growth is totally depended on the situation of hair which can grow with massage of scalp with the hair oil.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

Hmmm, I hope Samson has not come to the world again?
In your first coming, your strength was in your hair.
Now, in your second coming, your weakness is in your hair.
Delilah really thought you a bitter lesson. But if she shaves it now, she will be disappointed you will grow stronger instead of weaker! What a game!
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Steven99(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2020
There is nothing bizarre, stop over thinking I am experiencing the same
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Efegoma(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2020
Wait till 500L it will stop but first find out where you were gotten from I suspect marine world.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Johnchyz(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.

. THAT IS NOT A CHRISTIAN STUFF IF YOU CAN'T SAY IT.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Johnchyz(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2020
I LOOK PALE EACH TIME MY HAIR OVERGROWS. HAIR TAKES MUCH ENERGY IN THE BODY TO GROW UP. IF YOU LOOK KEENLY CHECK WELL U HAVE AN OILY FACE EACH TIME IT GROWS TALLER.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Bananaz: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
oyinda1599:

That's a good idea, OP should listen to it. Also my advice - do not visit your barber, better find a new one. You may laugh but amateur hairstylists may mess up you had badly. I suggest you check whether he or she uses a professional tools. By the way, here's a good article on Hairmadnesssalon about these, you may check it.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by osymaco1992(m): 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
Dude, you are not on this alone.....I was born with dreadlocks and it was properly cut off by a Reverend Priest.... In my early 20s, I realized that I can't keep my hair for more than 2weeks...Each time my hair get past 2weeks, I feel severe headache and total discomfort until I cut it off.... Also i noticed i use to sweat beneath my hair...therefore i dont use hair cream

Currently, I'm in Europe and I can keep my hair for almost 1month and 2 weeks without cutting it and feel perfectly fine. Now, I use more of hair cream here to stay fresh and oily because the weather here can be cold and dry..

So you are not alone.....Therefore, I think hot weather in Nigeria contributes to that as well.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by juseng(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
Your grown hair has nothing to do with your getting sick

From your story, it first occurred when you were in 100l.

all the diseases you mentioned are possible signs of either typhoid or malaria. due to environmental change It could be maybe because you have been exposed to contaminated water quite different from the type you were drinking before you got into school or you could have been bitten by mosquitoes.

I suggest you go and get tested. then get treated.

Keep your afro and thank me later
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ejanla077: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
If i dont cut my hair 4 2 years it will still be like whr you barb low cut..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Harmattan: Two Friends Die In Jos From Charcoal Smoke (Photos) / Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) / FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.