Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? (49393 Views)

Wrong Time To Fall Sick In Nigeria, As Cost Of Medicines Skyrockets / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Focus9(m): 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
I know this guys...they were my hostel mates in school, Steve Jane hostels imsu wow wassup guys�
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by steppin: 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.

If I have a child today and "dada" forms in his head, I'm removing that hair before you say jack.
I'm the father of that child and just like God has dominion over us, same goes to me his father.
You only have problems, if you believe in those crap.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by dragunov: 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.
When I woke up, the sickness was mysteriously gone.

Now I'm confused because this is so abnormal.
I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol
It's because you're a fallen angel. You chased out the real brother to your twin brother when your Ma was pregnant.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Daboomb: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2020
You know your problem, stop pretending!
When you stole someone's Clipper in year One and the guy was swearing that who ever stole his Clipper would always be in need of a Clipper, you stand dea dey laugh. undecided undecided
Look, your only Solution is to buy as many Clipper as possible, whenever you want to sleep, plug five of them and let them be ready, if you smeel headache, just put them to use immediately.
And donate two hundred Clippers to proffessional barbers in your State of Origin, omo'yiibo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2020
Focus9:
I know this guys...they were my hostel mates in school, Steve Jane hostels imsu wow wassup guys�

haha... I dey fine bro, I no even know whom I dey talk with grin
Anonymous NL
Bro you fit show face small?
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Dollywood(m): 12:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Hidohwuh:

Wow! It's good to share things like this.
Same thing with me,once it is like 3wks,i will start having slight headache and fever though not the serious one but no bad luck. But i think it is normal maybe my 'head' doesn't like it.
I keep my hair for just 2wks to avoid this.

Same here bro, my destiny is against it..
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Dollywood(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2020
CHOPbeating:

Your analysis depicts spirituality that is enchanted in your creation.

No spirituality, stop sounding like a genius.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by neeyood(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2020
Weyrey re o
NextD18:
Allow your pubic hair grow to Afro and dada level and observe what will happen.

Spiritually, it could salvage your mysterious condition.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by maya007: 12:27am On Apr 16, 2020
The only thing i took note of was the haha ur shoutung up and down pls what exactly does it mean in this context?
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Arizona5(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2020
Dollywood:
Dude, you're not the only one here, I also have similar issue with my hair, Whenever it's 3weeks old or more I'll develop this mysterious headache and slight fever, I also observe that it brings ill-lucks to me and people will begin to hate on me but immediately I cut off the hair, things will go back to normal, the headaches and fever will vanish immediately and I'll become hale again. Dude na destiny o, no be any spiritual matter!
My own too is similar to urs I do feel serious headache and fever if I inform my mother that I'm sick the first question she asks me, his hope I have cut my hair. So since then my hair don't last more than 3 weeks. I don't know the reason why till date.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ChoCho54(f): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Sonfethopia:
You didnt say the symptoms u were feeling , if its headache then ur head need blood circulation and the plenty hair is blocking it.
Thanks for this. My son experiences headache whenever his hair is overdue for a cut. He starts to complain of scalp pain and mild dizziness. But once he gets a hair cut, he's normal again.

This may seem like nothing, but I fear if he finds himself quarantined somewhere, say in amilitary camp and cannot get a cut when due, it could hamper his productivity.

2 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by PericomaNwankwo: 12:54am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.

I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol

Obviously it's hairona virus
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 16, 2020
ahmEenu:
how many months is ur hair. and what cream do you use. cause if I comb my hair within five minutes it would become rough and look like dread locks.

I never use cream on my hair since 2014 when I got admission, that is my natural hair, tho hardly to believe but is True.(here, strangers won't believe too unless they torch and smell my hair to see if I apply creams on my hair, while many will visit me at home to check the cream am using,but the truth is that I don't use both BODY and HAIR cream)
It is like four to five months, but I do cut it down to low cut twice a year (December, cuz of hamattan dust and June /july)
I only need to comb it ones or twice a day, it is very soft and doesn't scatter like that.
Here is the size of the one I have now, cuz I cut my last hair on December.
And the December low cut pic as well.

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Randal: 1:59am On Apr 16, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Almost same with yours but I don't fall sick instead I start to itch or headache
After a long time in maiduguri and wearing protective helmet, my hair grew a lot of dandruff and I just shaved the whole thing. That was in 2014/2015. But up until this lockdown I have been itching if I don't shave every week. But funny enough my hair has been growing since one month now and I haven't shaved but no more itch. I just noticed it yesterday.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by SSam01: 2:14am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

New growth hair causes headache in most people, i know someone who experiences such especially with permed hair and once she retouches the new growth hair all the symptoms would be gone but she later had to go natural and surprisingly the sickness never occurred again
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ratio4real(m): 2:26am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I do have same feelings too.... Wen my hair gets above 2weeks, I usually have headaches but not Dat I fall sick....! But in my case if I decide to ignore it for another 2weeks and bear d headaches, I will eventually be fine
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ghettochild(m): 2:40am On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=double77 post=88483477][/quote]
Biochemist geng
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Xavi2019: 2:51am On Apr 16, 2020
Dollywood:
Dude, you're not the only one here, I also have similar issue with my hair, Whenever it's 3weeks old or more I'll develop this mysterious headache and slight fever, I also observe that it brings ill-lucks to me and people will begin to hate on me but immediately I cut off the hair, things will go back to normal, the headaches and fever will vanish immediately and I'll become hale again. Dude na destiny o, no be any spiritual matter!
This is the exact thing that happens to me. Before I used to waste money on drugs, now I just barb first and take paracetamol and I'll be ok.
My mom told me I was born with dreadlocks, but now I can't let my hair grow past the normal low cut because of the headaches and all.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nancy1986: 2:56am On Apr 16, 2020
Strange
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by simpleswazy(m): 3:10am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

mine is just headache wen my hair is full. Before I went to school my mum told me to always barb when the hair is full cos it makes me sick. My hair get lock easily so when my hair is full and am having headache first thing I think of is barbing if I barb and the headache doesn’t stop means am sick .but most time if I barb the headache wil stop means it’s just my hair.. it’s complicated

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by oyegbemile(m): 3:46am On Apr 16, 2020
My brother this condition is know as ALLERGY, It is a disorder of a body system.A brother of mine have the same case as your, when his hair is bushy he will sick, rashes, pimples, sneezing....
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Socialproject: 3:47am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

OP.....so you are Delilah incarnated in a Male's body? shocked You are suffering from what you did to Samson!!!! grin
I know hair takes a lot of protein from body cells. What is your protein intake like?
Hope you find a solution..
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Yeminace(m): 3:57am On Apr 16, 2020
I have same thing too. But I barb them to avoid headache and hot temperature.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by xendra: 4:37am On Apr 16, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

my BF is like that, if his hair grows a little he starts to have severe headaches, he doesn't even leave it to grow noticeably before he cuts because once it grows a little he can't sleep anymore because of headache. mine if my hair is not made or due ( un-retouched for too long) I get severe headache too, and if I don't do anything about it I fall sick. I think it's fairly normal some people just haven't take notice. I didn't even notice the connection to mine until somebody pointed it out

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by bejick(m): 6:03am On Apr 16, 2020
tete7000:
I grew pimples once mine grow. I just make sure I cut it twice a week. That simple

I was waiting for someone to mention this one. It also happens to me until I neglected it not minding my looks. It stopped on its own.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by illicit(m): 6:14am On Apr 16, 2020
PropertyBuying:
such an interesting thing to know.
what's that
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by musabayokanu: 6:15am On Apr 16, 2020
Hey bro,
It happens to me too. Mine is that I usually have dandruff and it makes me very uncomfortable when ever I allow my hair grow to where my finger can pinch it.

I have used several treatment and creams the dandruff has refused to go, now I have accepted my fait.

I barb my hair myself, at home or anywhere.
I always carry my clipper along when ever I'm travelling.
I initially see it as a problem but not anymore as I have learnt to live with it.

I hope this helped.

TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Junior66(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2020
I suspect brain tumour. I'm not a doctor though.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by carlos1(m): 6:52am On Apr 16, 2020
That's a pandemic, this OP needs to be quarantined immediately

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Any Lady I Have Sex With Gets Pimples On Her Face: What Could Be Wrong With Me? / Kenyan George Abisa Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Positive HIV Tests / Medical Equipment Distributed By Emeka Offor To Hospitals In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.