Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? (49346 Views)

Wrong Time To Fall Sick In Nigeria, As Cost Of Medicines Skyrockets / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by yeman1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.
When I woke up, the sickness was mysteriously gone.

Now I'm confused because this is so abnormal.
I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol

Unlike my own.. whenever I cut my hair, I do having headache ,, sometimes do have symptoms of malaria. I really don't like it. I'm not dada or anything.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
You have what we call reverse-samsonitis. Google it. It's an actual oria.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Go5DY(m): 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Abolo is your name
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Mypeople2(m): 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Almost same with yours but I don't fall sick instead I start to itch or headache
The same with me.I feel a little headache and my body start itching me immediately after two -three weeks .But not same way the OP just described.However OP, the maximum period one should grow his hair is two weeks.Anything more than that, you are simply preparing a battleground

3 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by greggng: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
You are a wizard cool
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
good that you discovered that so stick to low hair like me if my hair grown more than two weeks na wahala
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by osuofia2(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:
THEN LEARN HOW TO CARRY OLD SCHOOL LIKE ME SIMPLE.
Godnose

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Dyonne: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Reverse Samson effect.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by pedi(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.

I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol
God sent you am in same shoe with you my is headache don't just no why until I cut it befor it goes
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

you are exhibiting the opposite signs of Samson in the Bible, fast and pray and give your life to God and repent totally.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by LadyMedina25(f): 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ahhhh even me too bro, it happens if your hair gets too full, very stubborn and you think a lot..I suggest you always wash with hair conditioner soap to soften it and get a conditioner cream too, if you don't want to cut it, u might relax a little and style it like celebrities or footballers do. If I don't make my hair when I loose it especially in a space of 24 hours, I will get seriously sick and no amount of pain killer will make the headache go away, I hardly keep loosen hair because the texture is not soft even if it’s ordinary all back I must weave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Mypeople2(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Almost same with yours but I don't fall sick instead I start to itch or headache
The same with me.I feel a little headache and my body start itching me immediately after two-three weeks .But not same way the OP just described.However OP, the maximum period one should grow his hair is two weeks.Anything more than that, you are simply preparing a battleground
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Kinematics: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

Personal hygiene is very very important.
It seems your hair traps germs a lot. These germs end up causing infection with your hair/scalp as a medium for their survival.

Please you need to maintain good personal hygiene.

With that said, there could be other factors, eg autoimmune condition..

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Angelfrost(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Just cut the damn hair!!! undecided

On a more serious note tho, your scalp is probably soft or too hard to support hair length longer than a certain level...

Not every woman can even keep long hair naturally. Some even fall sick with terrible migraines if their hair grows beyond certain lengths... This is not uncommon in some guys.

A lot of guys haven't experienced this cos most of us are naturally disinclined to let our hair grow out.

Chill with all these superstitious connotations... I know people who have nerve issues (sickly body feelings) when their nails grow longer than most... Some have these same symptoms when their facial hair is shaved or grows out.

2 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by CoronaVirusPro: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stop wearing leather slipper's
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Humanoid01(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Karleb(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
It could be autoimmunity. When your body see a part of itself as danger, it then strikes just the way it'll handle an intruder such as virus, bacteria e.t.c...

If it is indeed autoimmunity then there is no cure for that. Keep your hair low for the rest of your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Sterope(f): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
I will advice you to stop overthinking. Grow your hair if you want to. When you fall sick, sleep it off or see your doctor

TalkTalkTwins:

He can grow his hair to any extent, and I'm only asking to know if anyone knows anything about the issue, not me bro wink
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by miscellany(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

Ogbanje
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by veave(f): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
I understand you. Me I fall sick if I do anything on my hair like braid or fixing weavon but once I loose it I become well. At times I make a new hair today and loose it next day so I quietly went to lock my hair. Now I have peace. Wearing my dreads with Jesus Joy and happiness... grin

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Onozboy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Consult your native doc cheesy
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
You're a mermaid...

Go and barb your hair and start wearing wig.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by airmark(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.

I have similar issue with my hair o. I go to barber's shop every 2wks since God-knows-when. I really didn't read spiritual meaning to it.

Please i will appreciate if you can send me details of what you did as i am also a Christian.

If i leave my hair for more than 2wks, migraine will not let me rest.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Seventy7kings: 7:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.

Ishilove mama the mama grin You must belong to the white garment family, I guess

3 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rozz:
you are exhibiting the opposite signs of Samson in the Bible, fast and pray and give your life to God and repent totally.

Radarada, on top hair
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by xcelentattitude(m): 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:
THEN LEARN HOW TO CARRY OLD SCHOOL LIKE ME SIMPLE.

Learn to read to comprehend bro undecided

I thought he said growing the hair is the problem.

How can he keep old school like you when he falls sick anytime his hair grows to a certain level

4 Likes

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Humanoid01(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I created a thread related to this yesterday. Mine is often
accompanied with constant thoughts-distorting headaches. I
had not gotten a good sleep for days prior to last night. I
had to suppress it with ibuprofen, and in less than 5
minutes, the headache was gone. Now it's back, I'll have to
go cut my hair tomorrow. But I need to know why this is
happening, so I can keep it away for good. Just like you, I've
made lots of google searches but I haven't gotten a
reasonable answer.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Keshinr0:

Radarada, on top hair
Thats what you may think because you ain't in tune with your spirituality.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
then always be on low cut to avoid such
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Kento4ken: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
na Marine spirit dey worry you.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by leonny2004: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bless u bro, I experience the same, I have always asked people how come they can keep their hair for long....it is not a spiritual war o...lolz... I was advised to keep my 2weeks hair cut appointment....and I have been doing that for God knows how long....So relax, as a matter of fact who can resist a good look...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dr Kingsley Onwuzuruigbo Is Dead / Any Lady I Have Sex With Gets Pimples On Her Face: What Could Be Wrong With Me? / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.