Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? (49388 Views)

Wrong Time To Fall Sick In Nigeria, As Cost Of Medicines Skyrockets / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ChibeKs(m): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Op you are not in this alone. I usually have headache once it's two weeks I had a haircut. Most times when I fall sick the first therapy I give my self is an haircut which at most times I feel ok once I do dat.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Yusman316(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
veryup:
Well, ever since I joined Nairaland this is the first time I will comment but I had to do it because I do have similar experience but mine is not sickness but Headaches

I noticed I cannot keep long hair no matter how much I desire it because when my hair grows to a particular level (to be precise 3rd week after I barb) I will start having headache during the day but it will only last for few hours just to remind me that I needs to barb my hair but if I ignore it, it will return approximately a week later towards the evening and the headache will continue throughout the night with so much discomfort and won’t be able to sleep. The funny thing about the headache is that no amount of drugs will relief it, in fact it would seems like I never took anything but When it clocks 6 or 7 in the morning I will be relief miraculously

This relief will only last till the evening of that day and if I don’t still barb it the headache will continue from that evening till the following day morning, of course I won’t even dare it because it will result to another sleepless night of headache.

I don’t have any explanation why it happens to me, but have learnt to manage it.
There is some sort of mystery connected to the hair that is yet to be explained. Don't forget Samson's strength came from his hair

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by madjune(m): 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:

LMAO grin
Can you please drop me the verse or chapter?

Check Acts 18:18

You've made an unconscious vow or pact in the high places of the arcane unconsciously and mourning follows thou path wither depart from lest he breaks thee chains thereof.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Jaysas1(m): 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Try it again wen u get to 400level....
Den u can cum tell us ...
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.
When I woke up, the sickness was mysteriously gone.

Now I'm confused because this is so abnormal.
I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Yusman316(m): 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
veryup:
Well, ever since I joined Nairaland this is the first time I will comment but I had to do it because I do have similar experience but mine is not sickness but Headaches

I noticed I cannot keep long hair no matter how much I desire it because when my hair grows to a particular level (to be precise 3rd week after I barb) I will start having headache during the day but it will only last for few hours just to remind me that I needs to barb my hair but if I ignore it, it will return approximately a week later towards the evening and the headache will continue throughout the night with so much discomfort and won’t be able to sleep. The funny thing about the headache is that no amount of drugs will relief it, in fact it would seems like I never took anything but When it clocks 6 or 7 in the morning I will be relief miraculously

This relief will only last till the evening of that day and if I don’t still barb it the headache will continue from that evening till the following day morning, of course I won’t even dare it because it will result to another sleepless night of headache.

The headache started yesterday night because I refused to barb my hair due to social distance but the epic headache I had throughout last night made me to dam d social distance

I don’t have any explanation why it happens to me, but have learnt to manage it.
I have a friend, his own case is the other way round. The moment he barb his hair very low he start experiencing severe headache

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Rabiu4190: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.

You people funny Sha, what is Dada? Why Muslim or any other churches no dey get dada? Na only C & S and Cele people dey get am. Another thing is that na Elijah be always be their name. Why?
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Jaysas1:
Try it again wen u get to 400level....
Den u can cum tell us ...

haha grin
I have graduated shaa. I could not take the risk again, the last time I thought I was going to die before morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by uchrikk(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Op and co, become born again Christians. Take this problem to God in prayer. He will do something.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by sageer1706(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
I have a similar experience but mine is only headache, noatter the medication I took it won't go away unless I barb my hair
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by SheyeHassan: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hello bro
I also have similar case
Whenever my hair grow to a certain level (average not even bushy), I get malaria
This has always happened. I can't even remember when it started but I don't I had that kind of experience when I was in secondary school, it must have started from university.
So what I do is get haircut before it get to that level.
Though sometimes, I'll start to feel feverish already before going for haircut.
But what I have noticed is that once I get the haircut, I begin to recuperate.
I'm still not sure if this case is spiritual, but I know its not normal. It has no medical explanation either.
But someone once told me that he used to experience such also but he endured the sickness refusing to barb his hair and later got well, and that's how he overcame it. So he advised me to do the same. Though I didn't know if he was telling the truth but I didn't listen.
But I'll still find out about it soon, so I'll be sure what I'm dealing with.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by defash8: 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mine is feeling unease, sometimes headache not until I cut my hair.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
It’s not a problem,I do feel the same myself,but if you let it grow past certain level the weird feeling will stop.

I although try to cut the hair every week just to avoid the headache. I would say don’t worry about it,it’s just a shock of change to the body.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by pawesome(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I just have a little problem, though it is not a problem except that I like my hair grown... haha!
Okay, whenever I let my hair grow to a particular stage, I fall sick. I mean, seriously sick that I can't stand up or walk.

I noticed it first in my 100L in school, since that was the first time I was opportune to let my hair grow so well. The sickness came midnight, and in the morning I rushed to get a cut and got fine without any medication.

The second time, I was in 200L. I got sick and called my mum to tell her I was going to return home for treatment, my hair was grown and I knew she'd complain about it and visited the barber first.

When I reached home same day, no medications, no treatments at all, I became very fine.

In my third year again, I let my hair grow. It was giving me signs that I'd soon get sick, and I ignored it. It came again midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Fever, headaches, stomach pains, legs were aching and I could barely see.

In the morning I rushed to the barber's shop, as early as 6 o'clock. I didn't even let him carve my hair... haha!

He just barbed me, I rushed home and fell on my bed. I didn't lock the doors, no bathing, nothing.

I have only heard of people who had dreadlocks, and would get sick whenever they barb them. Why is my own so different? Worst surprise, I'm an identical twin but it doesn't happen to my brother.

Has anyone else had or heard of a similar case? What could be the solution? I have made tons of Google searches and yet no reasonable help at all.

I asked some people and they were telling me to ask my parents. my biological parents are no more around and I don't even know who else to ask...Lol
mine is constant headache...have to go to the saloon weekly...I kiss a week,I deal with headache of which when I eventually Barb,I fall sick

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by PropertyBuying(f): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
illicit:
ask ur twin nw
such an interesting thing to know.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by veryup: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=Yusman316 post=88486923]
I have a friend, his own case is the other way round. The moment he barb his hair very low he start experiencing severe headache

Hmmmm that’s interesting

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by osazsky(m): 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
There is a spiritual wife somewhere that enjoys plating ur hair but ur soul is refusing it...wat is so special abt keeping ur hear from ur pics I think low cut fits u better than afro

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Digitallen(m): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

Let me narrate a personal experience. I am a Levite, but when I was a baby, my mum used a comb to comb everything out without allowing it to form. grin She combs, but by following morning the tangles are back. She battled with my hair for months before it stopped tangling and began to grow normally.

My hair grew long and thick, but when it started disturbing me, I saw fire. Spiritually and physically. Last last in 2005 after investigations I was told to go and shave off the entire thing. Gosh it was painful. After shaving the hair my bro still lathered my scalp with soap and shaved the scalp join because no single hair must remain. angry

Thereafter I did some Christian 'stuff' which I won't mention here and since then no more disturbances till this day.
Same with me....even if I wish to keep long hair now, na wahala I dey find...
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Lambarry1: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
You are the Samson of these time

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Digitallen(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Same with me....even if I wish to keep long hair now, na wahala I dey find...
[/quote]

(quote author=Ishilove post=88482403]Are you a levite? You likely had dada in infancy and your parents cut it off without following certain processes.

[/quote]
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Prenonjebose: 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
The headache part is not strange. I get that when I don't barb my hair within 2 weeks. It's also accompanied by dizziness and none of the other symptoms you mentioned.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by abbeynism(m): 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
I do experience same. But only serious headache until I barb it.
My observation was that my mum never my hair to grow for long when I was young and I think that has become a norm to my system and I have agreed to carry that way.
Brotherly, embrace yourself and live on. Though you can force your way, by keeping it and treating everything till the system change. It might last for 2 months though, if you can pay that price.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by kcubani: 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:

You may be right after all, I am having same issue can't leave my here for more than a week, pains, headache fever etc. But my mother told me that I had this curling hair when I was born, that one day the decided to cut the hair, viam that was how I cried for weeks, I refused sucking and all form of food. She said whenever I touched my head I will start screaming, they took me to hospital but Dr found nothing. But till today any day I leave my hair, it comes with great pain, bros wha[quote author=Prenonjebose post=88488566]The headache part is not strange. I get that when I don't barb my hair within 2 weeks. It's also accompanied by dizziness and none of the other symptoms you mentioned.
t
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Albertone(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
LadyMedina25:

Go to where they sell women hair extensions, relaxer, comb etc in ur area ask of shampoo and conditioner cream or soap they are pocket friendly too, then sporting waves cream too for men, it will soften your hair and make it look good.
Thanks a bunch sis
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Vicktomaniaa(m): 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

Hello bro, I also have this problem infact mine is crazy, while growing up I did barb my hair with my dad, I got to Universit, I fell in love with long hair or full hair... Yr1 I wanted to keep it after 2 months I started seeing Tins like bumps and all sort of things on my body immediately I used palm oil to cream (one woman told me to use) but me I know say na my hair I went to barb the hair� same night all the stuffs left my body. Each time I let my hair be for 3weeks I start feeling signs dem no born me well make e reach 4 weeks. So I traveled to Dubai funny I left the hair for 5 weeks and I started feeling sick I cut the hair cos I was feeling sick little by little but I hope to keep adding a week to the next Barbing..... If deres a solution let me know.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by ahmEenu(m): 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:
THEN LEARN HOW TO CARRY OLD SCHOOL LIKE ME SIMPLE.
how many months is ur hair. and what cream do you use. cause if I comb my hair within five minutes it would become rough and look like dread locks.

1 Like

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Truthbites: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
U be Ogbanje..nor make mistake to cut ur hair
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by bujebudanu1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:

He can grow his hair to any extent, and I'm only asking to know if anyone knows anything about the issue, not me bro wink

I have same issue, I barn very 2 weeks to prevent headache and rough face from the bushy hair.
For me.its normal
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Firmjudge(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Hello guys,

Good day everyone!

I.,..l

This stuff use to happen to me until I started taking alot of fresh fruits everyday. I mean literally I take fruits every single day now.

It stopped abruptly and I currently leave my hair to a length I couldn't before.

Before I visit my barber every 2 weeks. Lol

I guess a particular vitamin is responsible for this abnormality. Remember fruits contains a lot of diff vitamins.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Taiwo20(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Your Ifa doesn't like cap or full hair.

Reason am
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Taiwo20(m): 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ise woli!

Ishilove:

Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by 143boi: 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
I also have this same trauma. Thought when I relocate abroad it would be better but still same. I have to shave every 2 weeks or else I would contend with severe headache. I saw a doctor here who carried out several tests but told me it may not be anything with any medical implications but what I also noticed is if i allow it grow way beyond 2 weeks, say a month, I will overcome that feeling at a certain stage and feel normal,no headache but would not just be comfy and feel scruffy so i still end up shaving,almost skin and that has become my signature haircut. Met a few people in canada who also experience same.
Re: I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? by Dirpetaner: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Do you know Samson in the Bible? You are nosmas* opposite of Samson.
Just kidding!

since you know the solution you've got no problem.

I also have just similar one. I can't stand under a fan or drink cold things no matter the level you switch it to for 2 seconds na cold and catarrh. That week is wasted . so, I move away from fan. Case closed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shaka Momoh Is Dead! Diabetes Kills Owner Of Planet One Entertainment / Any Lady I Have Sex With Gets Pimples On Her Face: What Could Be Wrong With Me? / Kenyan George Abisa Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Positive HIV Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.