Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? (97592 Views)

Bitter Kola For Babies / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Knight12345: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Abeg tell us
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Gabbriell: 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin Very adorable.

As an infant they don't have the sense that they need to turn their whole body around just to look back plus the stress involved since they can't stand or walk often (1.e mostly crawling)...so this way is most easier for them grin. There might be other reason sha

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
scoundrel:
It means nothing. The baby is only playing. As toddlers they have amazing flexibility so they enjoy the priviledge of bending down to look between their legs.

Gbam.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Knight12345: 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Na play dem dey
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Godsfavour78: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
Gabbriell:
grin grin Very adorable.

As an infant they don't have the sense that they need to turn their whole body around just to look back plus the stress involved since they can't stand or walk often (1.e mostly crawling)...so this way is most easier for them grin. There might be other reason sha
you get sense

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by NwaliE01: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
Some said it means the baby is old enough to senior another child similar to the then believe that your left hand must touch your right ear before one is old enough to go to school.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Wells98(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Its true
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Gilbertman(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
sicily4u:
So what if they are new couple that just got married, who child will bend for them ? Rubbish

grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley shocked sad OMG you guys wont kill person with laugh here!!!

On another note, I do not think there is much to a child doing that stunt- it's just part of discovery and playfulness. However some that commented earlier related a true life experience, so may be it can be real in some cases, and it may be just pure coincidence. Point in hand, those parents that only have 1 child, does that mean the 1st baby never bended over or never did the stunt? Kia cheesy I don teach am how to bend!! wink
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by principalgee: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Fun++
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
presh2mos:

Studies and researches have been proven that children tend to exhibit 60% of grandparents traits and 40% of parents. So it's mere superstition
A baby has four grandparents actually.
So, the four of them would contribute 15% each?
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by oceania100(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Does the crossing of a thing happens with only pregnant women??
E get this fine girl that I want her first child to resemble me whenever she decides to finally marry and born pickin.
I wan take style cross over her whenever she dey sleep.
how u wan take cross am except say na your wife

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Checked86: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Apparently there is a superstition that a baby looking through their legs (kinda up on all fours with their head down) means that someone usually their mother - is pregnant.

Has anyone heard this?
Is it confirmed to be true?
Are there any studies or researches about this?

I’m not superstitious, but sometimes it's fun watching babies doing that.
smiley grin grin
well, in my own side, the elders didn't allow us look through such position usually in the market because we could see ghosts that had come to the market and it would result to death
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by toyinsalammy(f): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lol, hearing this for the first time

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Lokoyen(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Is it real?
Or is that some widely believed superstition??

Yes
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by rosamaris: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Seems you are scared you may be pregnant.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Blackfire(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
post=88536686:
From one of us @[color=#006600][/color] : Sisi Yewande:
My daughter has been doing this a lot for the past month, and my MIL says when the youngest child/baby is looking between their legs, it means they want or looking for a sibling, also meaning your pregnant or going to be pregnant soon.

Here you have it!

Audio child.. Keep lying
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Greatdesi(m): 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
The one I heard was that the child is communicating with those he/she left behind before being born
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
oceania100:
how u wan take cross am except say na your wife
You forgot that friends can always be together..
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Greatdesi:
The one I heard was that the child is communicating with those he/she left behind before being born
Another big superstition here..
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by samifet: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
(1) It is actually natural that babies looks through their legs when they succeeded walking.
(2) Note: At that age they are more spiritual than adult but the different is they can't tell what they saw/see or doing. It is in that same spiritual awareness that they notice another baby in their mother's womb (new pregnancy), but that's not the reason they look through their legs rather it makes them become jealous.
(3) At the age of 1 of year children begins to develop consciousness to a certain limit ( philosophy of life ) so it comes over them at first to submit to the earth, there is no human on planet earth that have not done that during infant stage because they will surely return to earth no matter how long he lives on the surface of earth.
(4) By bowing to the earth, he/she has possess a place on earth that is another mystery, but adults will see it as children's play and you can't stop it.
That's the little I can share for now. if you what to know deeply contact me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Gilbertman(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
fairfora:
grin grin NL must make you laugh shaa. If you wan laff by force, just come to NL to read comments
I tell you!!!
I have been laughing on folks' comments here. wink
On another thought I think the crossing
is not literal, more like actually mating with the woman. If any one remembered Efunsetan Aniwura movie, those time doesnt allow portrayer of sexual intercourse on TV so Dr Isho Pepper's act was inferred as "crossing" the other female slave.
I believe the origin of this crossing is from we the Yorubas, so as to preserve the sanctity of matrimony and pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Dmanky(m): 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Call it superstition or myth but they is an iota of truth in ds action being exhibited by babies.

I n my wife were arguing abt ds months back.My wife tapped me n said, "ds one our son is looking bent down through his legs, is like she is pregnant, I doubted it n told her dt is superstition. Occasionally our son will bend down n look thru his legs n my wife, will tell me that she is pregnant.

After 3months the pregnancy manifested.

What a way to confirm pregnancy!
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by EHI9ICE(m): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Blessinzy:
Happy birthday to me !
Nairalanders show me some love!

My fellow Aries...You are loved beyond measures. Happy birthday to you.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by GindoX(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Habbaaa.!!
Na today I dey hear this one for the very first time.
So, if like five person cross her over, who de baby go come resemble again??
The first crosser?
grin grin

All the crossers

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Dutyman:
Until you use a picture of a black baby I will not say anything.. lipsrsealed

You are a confam orubebe!

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
samifet:
(1) It is actually natural that babies looks through their legs when they succeeded walking.
(2) Note: At that age they are more spiritual than adult but the different is they can't tell what they saw/see or doing. It is in that same spiritual awareness that they notice another baby in their mother's womb (new pregnancy), but that's not the reason they look through their legs rather it makes them become jealous.
(3) At the age of 1 of year children begins to develop consciousness to a certain limit ( philosophy of life ) so it comes over them at first to submit to the earth, there is no human on planet earth that have not done that during infant stage because they will surely return to earth no matter how long he lives on the surface of earth.
(4) By bowing to the earth, he/she has possess a place on earth that is another mystery, but adults will see it as children's play and you can't stop it.
That's the little I can share for now. if you what to know deeply contact me.
I'm contacting you now.
Please drop it all on Nairaland.
You can create a new thread about the topic and tag my moniker.
Thanks.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by nonyejoy: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
It happened to me when i was pregnant dat was how my mother-inlaw got to know i was pregnant so some how is true.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Onucs(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:

Bruv, this isn't joke o grin. I remember crossing a lady, she forced me to reverse my crossing

is your character that bad?
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Gilbertman(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
drjprince:
is your daughter among the manabbgreese
OMG, smiley my guy how did you arrive at the name? you funny no be small.
Person tell real story to buttress cheesy cheesy the thread topic, you dey coined name... I tire for NL o
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Mac12(f): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
donbachi:
The mama go soon get another belle.

My daughter don look me like that tire yet nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.