Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? (97523 Views)

Bitter Kola For Babies / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Liposure: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Blessinzy:
Happy birthday to me ! Nairalanders show me some love!
long life n prosperity

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Astrologyfact: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
Dicktion:
Dunno about Kids but it's a death sentence if one tries that in a market square or crowded area.
Could be the end of one's life
grin I don't believe this, when I was in Secondary school my Friend told me this, and we where in the market then, I doubted him and I did it immediately, and Nothing happened I did it like 3 times self,all those things are just Cruz grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Originalsly: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:

Bruv, this isn't joke o grin. I remember crossing a lady, she forced me to reverse my crossing

So you crossed over her twice....the baby should really take on your character.... did it? Or does the popular belief have an uncrossing clause?

@ topic..... heard about this since 1901.... when a baby does that often. I don't know about research... but from what I know it is mostly true. It would seem hardly true in these times...... soooooo easy to abort. How many women would say... in this forum.... yea.. it is true... all three times I knew I was pregnant before I missed my period when my todler did same.... so I did abortion all three times.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Gilbertman(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
HIPROFILE:
hahaha One of those superstitions....

am still waiting for orange tree to grow on my head..ooo now i am old and sis told me 28 years ago that orange tree will grow on my head because i swallowed the seed.

Haba! not the same thing. She was just pulling your leg.
Superstitions are well grounded and cut across many cultures..

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Dollabiz: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
they want to f.....
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Biafranguy1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Apparently there is a superstition that a baby looking through their legs (kinda up on all fours with their head down) means that someone usually their mother - is pregnant.

Has anyone heard this?
Is it confirmed to be true?
Are there any studies or researches about this?

I’m not superstitious, but sometimes it's fun watching babies doing that.
smiley grin grin
It simply means that another baby is on the way coming. So that they would be terrorising and scathering the house. grin
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by chrizzyace: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
donbachi:
The mama go soon get another belle.

Hahahaha Chaii Nigeria and superstition na husband and wife. But you no lie oo na common myth
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by farouk2much(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
They're imagining to see view of the world offside down....... Shikenan
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Lovine: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taking a look on the worls shz will soon find is full of troubles
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Zezco(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
My baby always do it and my wife is not pregnant, it makes me wonder and amaze.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by AsawanaDgreat: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
Meaning we don dey get sense.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by LoveJesus87(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:

Bruv, this isn't joke o grin. I remember crossing a lady, she forced me to reverse my crossing
e no want make im pikin worwor like you grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
OmG my little niece does this all the time! cheesy

I think they just like that feeling of being upside-down-ish

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Rapmoney(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
post=88536686:
From one of us @[color=#006600][/color] : Sisi Yewande:
My daughter has been doing this a lot for the past month, and my MIL says when the youngest child/baby is looking between their legs, it means they want or looking for a sibling, also meaning your pregnant or going to be pregnant soon.

Here you have it!

Stale and boring.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by xreal: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:

Are you that ugly? grin

na joke o

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by pacespot(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
She is just being joyful, babies like this are more likely to be extroverted.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by stevups(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
RapistOnBail:

There's absolutely no Meaning to it. It happens subconsciously to them. Don't base everything on superstitions. Reason why Africa is backward in this life.

Correct guy
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by RealMillennial(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
No wonder I refused to do this until I was certain my mother is fully menopausal.
I didn't want any younger one, not even by mistake grin
Last-born Empire!
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by ajl: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Apparently there is a superstition that a baby looking through their legs (kinda up on all fours with their head down) means that someone usually their mother - is pregnant.

Has anyone heard this?

smiley grin grin

Every superstition does not hold true everywhere. Culture and traditions dictate this.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by deavicky(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
New baby on the way.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by LogicStatement: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Habbaaa.!! Na today I dey hear this one for the very first time. So, if like five person cross her over, who de baby go come resemble again?? The first crosser? grin grin
The baby would be become Brobosky...ask his mother
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by alexnurreo(m): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
I've observed this on two different occasions... one in 2008 and another in 2017 ....
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Elvis778(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Okaay..
I will search out more, and seek more opinions too.
My younger siblings did this alot when they were toddlers, my mum wasn't pregnant and as of then we didn't have any pregnant lady close by, they were simply playing
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by ioreth69(f): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
donbachi:
the longer,the increase...congrats..wen e go enter na quadruplet go enter...congrats once again
Hahahahah,quadruplet,I reject it o,for this Buhari regime
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by kennydotkom(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
When a baby position his or herself the way the OP display above, it means that the baby want a younger brother or sister. That is to say he or she want the mummy to get pregnant. � �
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by mariovito(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:
The popular one is if a pregnant woman is crossed over, the baby will bear the character of the person that crosses her grin
Technically you are right. The baby will definitely take after the character of the person that crossed the mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Pedex86(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
What of a situation where lizard comes close to a lady grin
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by israelmao(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Children are known for adventurous stunts.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:

Has anyone heard this?

smiley grin grin

Superstition are believes and what you believe comes to pass.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Felicity0001: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
scoundrel:

Coincidence and selective bias. It means nothing.
Iys not coincidence my dear most of these superstitions are very true.

I've experience this very one several times and surprisingly last kids dont do this play
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by linearity: 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
Harllaby:

How bad were for the lady to so not want their unborn baby to emulate your characters?

Better go look for that lady and sue her for defamation of character.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.