Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence (58852 Views)

The Cure For HIV Is In Nigeria Through Roots And Herbs But People Won't Believe. / HIV Is Real & Pls Always Use Protection / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Mizwisdom(f): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
leaculpa:

I'm just informing ignorant nigerians, including the op, who think ARV drugs are free. Theyre not.

If any of these organizations cut their funding, MOST nigerians living with the disease will die because they cant afford the drugs.
People dont know how much some developing countries like ours are at the mercy of generous developed countries. More people should be educated to ensure they wear condoms & know their status. HIV is a very deadly disease.

Ok. You're right. I don't know why he wants to act like all is cool with his aunt. Without the drugs she will die and it's very expensive if not for the benevolence of those developed countries. But now that US is withdrawing it's aid to WHO it may affect some of these NGOs and funds may not be available to purchase the drugs.

1 Like

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by spongeisback: 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
What am I insinuating? I went through your post and I can see you're just a misogynist.

Women this, women that, why don't you talk about the crimes of men? Women exposing their bodies got you so worked up but the killings, stealing and rape doesn't bother you.

Go to crime section and see what men are doing, heck the politicians witholding palatives are they not men? See how bloody poor this country is, is it not ruled by men? But you wouldn't see anything wrong but let a woman sneeze you will have a lot to say.

Ibrahiimo:
what are YOU insinuating

WHATEVER

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
HIV is a really difficult virus to get. Especially as a man. I’m amazed by stories of people who say they got it and had no idea how. Let’s all be honest. You probably have an idea how.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Also the HIV virus can ONLY surely be detected after THREE months of suspicion. I don't want to scare those who might think they have the virus, due to an unprotected sex a week or two ago, but chances are extremely high you might test negative now, despite being positive, if the three month mark is yet to be cut.

The HIV virus becomes inactive within minutes - hours of being exposed to air, heat and sunlight.

You can live with HIV for years without showing any symptoms. In Op's case, his aunt showed symptoms after 5 years

Early symptoms usually are cold like symptoms.

HIV is not a death sentence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by doggedfighter(f): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
So people should go out and contact HIV because your aunt is living with it? taking tablet every day for the rest of her life sad
So that's you got from her write-up?
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by BENEAMATA: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
you really enlighten me with this post . thank you so much .
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by azpekuliar: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
So people should go out and contact HIV because your aunt is living with it? taking tablet every day for the rest of her life sad

I swearugawd your handle is a misnomer. You post as if you indeed lack wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Ibrahiimo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
spongeisback:
What am I insinuating? I went through your post and I can see you're just a misogynist.

Women this, women that, why don't you talk about the crimes of men? Women exposing their bodies got you so worked up but the killings, stealing and rape doesn't bother you.

Go to crime section and see what men are doing, heck the politicians witholding palatives are they not men? See how bloody poor this country is, is it not ruled by men? But you wouldn't see anything wrong but let a woman sneeze you will have a lot to say.

who told you I dislike WOMEN

for your INFORMATION I never despise WOMEN

i grew up with MANY GIRLS.

I just want THEM to CHANGE, have you watch music VIDEOS, see how WOMEN are dancing wearing only PANT and BRA, but check out MEN and you will never see any PART of their BODY, they always wear CLOTHES that cover their BODY.

the QUESTION is, why do WOMEN like exposing their BODY, some even dance NAKED just because of MONEY.

6 Likes

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Niwdog(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
1Sharon:

Lol do nigerian couples still have sex in their older age? lipsrsealed
no talk make my landlord hear you o

2 Likes

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by AgentGoat: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
ibkayee:
Helpful, positive information

Not to be a debbie downer however, but how accessible are these treatments for the average person in Nigeria? It isn't a death sentence when you have access to a certain quality of healthcare

It's very available. No stress in getting them at all.
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by spongeisback: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
You want women to change?! Have you asked men to change?
You're just a typical Nigerian, leave what's important and Chase after what isn't.

I look forward to seeing you crime section typing in caps and asking those rapists,murders,scammers and cultists to change. Until then? As long as they're not breaking any laws it's NON OF YOUR BUSINESS!
Ibrahiimo:
who told you I dislike WOMEN

for your INFORMATION I never despise WOMEN

i grew up with MANY GIRLS.

I just want THEM to CHANGE, have you watch music VIDEOS, see how WOMEN are dancing wearing only PANT and BRA, but check out MEN and you will never see any PART of their BODY, they always wear CLOTHES that cover their BODY.

the QUESTION is, why do WOMEN like exposing their BODY, some even dance NAKED just because of MONEY.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Ekebitozi: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
I have loved and supported an HIV positive for years after knowing his status but at the end he was ungrateful. I am negative HIV is not a dead sentence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Walikanga: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
I think I agree 100%.

I know of one left handed kwashiorkor ridden clown who looks positive of the virus.

The clown is still very active. Infact more active than myself since he works day and night especially on social media.

[/s]
lol I've reduced them to cowards talking to the air
no more direct comments

grin
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by saajus: 11:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
It is a rare case but it added up. A man could be so lucky to have sex with HIV+ woman for yrs and not contract it. So far the liquid of the woman's private part didn't go inside the man's private part. Also, sex position could play a great role. I guess the husband was always doing missionary style, in which he is always on top. Women and gay (anal sex) cannot be that lucky.
Gentleswift:
The doctor said she contracted d virus 5 yrs ago and yet her husband tested negative. These things don't add up. Does it means he haven't sexed her for d past five yers or, he has been using condom d last five yrs?

1 Like

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by 24kmagic: 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Prevention is still better than cure
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by chuksfluential(m): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Please can you get hiv by sucking a girl?
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by ceeceeuwa: 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
spongeisback:

Don't get worked up. A lot of Nairaland men are misogynist. You know them by their comments. They believe all their life problems are caused by women, exempting themselves of all blames.

4 Likes

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Olarewaju89: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
centboy123456:

lol funny dude

but no matter how u hide u will see the figure

Bro, I'm tired of this country i swear.. Everything na scam
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by ehmmy11(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Roon9:

I remembered every single girl have done stuff with gan...to make matters worse I did the test with my fiancee. Omo
instant sweating + shaking x prayer ...abeg bad thing no good

1 Like

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Fucklove(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
ibkayee:
Just wanted to add that people should not have an unrealistic sense of security or completely lose their guard regarding HIV despite the improved treatments and survival rates
cc: aro1
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Ibrahiimo(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
spongeisback:
You want women to change?! Have you asked men to change?
You're just a typical Nigerian, leave what's important and Chase after what isn't.

I look forward to seeing you crime section typing in caps and asking those rapists,murders,scammers and cultists to change. Until then? As long as they're not breaking any laws it's NON OF YOUR BUSINESS!
I advise everyone to CHANGE, including MEN

And you said it's none of my BUSINESS, it's my BUSINESS ooH

I know what those LADIES are upto, they just wanna SEDUCE some MEN they can seduce, not all MEN, because SHOE get size

most of these WOMEN are possessed with MARINE SPIRIT, which I'm the HEAD.

People don't know that I'm the HEAD of Marine SPIRITS, all those LADIES are LEARNER'S

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Olarewaju89: 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
sammirano:

Those mad people ehn.I blocked their messages.

I tell you.. If they like, let them continue to increase it. I'm just waiting for the 14 days to finish... I can't stay inside again.
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by pk2me: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Someone I know has HIV since 2004 till date, she's still healthy without taking any drug.
Infact am still surprised.
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by spongeisback: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Just read his last reply, I can't deal. So many mad people on the internet.
ceeceeuwa:

Don't get worked up. A lot of Nairaland men are misogynist. You know them by their comments. They believe all their life problems are caused by women, exempting themselves of all blames.
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Cc: iLegendd, Martinez39s
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Hadsty23(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Africa we need to fight ignorance... this has been affecting us even to this COVID-19 issues. Lack of taking the right action and level of ignorance kills us most
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by Toma2: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
pk2me:
Someone I know has HIV since 2004 till date, she's still healthy without taking any drug.
Infact am still surprised.
How come
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by belovedaja(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
But how come the husband is negative? Is there any explanation to it
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by DexterousOne(m): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
ibkayee:
Just wanted to add that people should not have an unrealistic sense of security or completely lose their guard regarding HIV despite the improved treatments and survival rates

Why would anyone do that tho
Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by ehmmy11(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
chuksfluential:
Please can you get hiv by sucking a girl?
it is less likely to contract it through MouthAction unless you have a cut in your mouth when you "sucked" her.
If you feel you have been exposed only testing can confirm your status..

NB: STOP sucking naija girls i always tell guys if you know how many partners she has and how many she allows to fvck her raw in the name of love or catching fun you will run mad..

That so called slay queen that only snap pics inside hotel room or eatery toilet .. Guy check well some of them na pit/compound toilet them get for house don't even start on hygiene.. If not virus na bacteria or fungal infection you go collect if you keep sucking.. A word is enough for the wise..

4 Likes

Re: Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence by DexterousOne(m): 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ibrahiimo:
STRICTLY FOR LADIES:

In the past two weeks FEMALES seems to have lost their DIGNITY and PRIDE with the numerous challenges targeted at them that requires exposing PARTS of their BODIES which society considers private for little sums of MONEY.

In FACEBOOK groups, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER and all social media platforms any post on what do you need 95% of the replies by FEMALES would be MONEY, ask them to drop a pic of themselves in BED, in SHOWER, in night WEAR, post pics of their BUM or BOOBS gets so much replies by even GIRLS who are supposedly in the working class league. Many times I ask myself these GIRLS are people daughter's, friend, more baffling a MAN'S lover, GIRLFRIEND and surprisingly someone's WIFE.

The question is how do we get our LADIES to discipline themselves at the sight of MONETARY gains and carry their BODIES with PRIDE. How do you loose your dignity because of a RECHARGE CARD you can comfortably afford yourself?

Remember some of these GIRLS would birth the next generation of KIDS if we help them now we are indirectly going to save the society from a MORAL collapse.

Women love attention

It's the attention craze that is causing all these

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) / Meron Benti: This 'White Woman' Is Actually An Ethiopian Albino / Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.