Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol (4297 Views)

10 Fallacies Theist and deist Use To Defend The Existence Of God/gods / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Explain how genuine inquiry concerning certain matters = shallow thinking. I'll wait
There is nothing like genuine here in this your illusive inquiry that brings out nothing but an argument
Because no matter how pointless or not counterfeited one's point here is....you will still drag shit on floor and be adamant so what's the point?
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

There is nothing like genuine here in this your illusive inquiry that brings out nothing but an argument
Because no matter how pointless or not counterfeited one's point here is....you will still drag shit on floor and be adamant so what's the point?
Maybe it's because instead of providing evidence for a deity, most theists would rather dance around, pulling stunts, making meaningless word salads, and then end up castigating the atheist for not being "open-minded" - oblivious to their own errors and incompetence, of course.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Maybe it's because instead of providing evidence for a deity, most theists would rather dance around, pulling stunts, making meaningless word salads, and then end up castigating the atheist for not being "open-minded" - oblivious to their own errors and incompetence, of course.
Do you believe in the existence of God?
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 1:00am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Do you believe in the existence of God?
No

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Explain how genuine inquiry concerning certain matters = shallow thinking. I'll wait
Theres nothing genuine about the way Atheist think,they are just being deceived by some myths and they are misguided in their critiques of religion.Religion is so much more than what they believe it to be, it is much more than a set of claims about the world and you can't fully understand if you don't account for that.You guys believe we have no need for religion anymore because we have science,but this is an incredibly wrong notion since religion addresses different needs than science,needs that science can't address.
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by LordReed(m): 6:40am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

You be Mumu and ode altogether.....Why do you lack decency like this ehnn
SSCE philosopher Lol

You are really are stupìd. Who started with insults here now for you to talk about decency? You are a troglodyte with a pea sized brain who can't even muster 2 reasonable sentences and you think you have something to offer? Fùck you and the motherfùcking high horse you rode in on.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by LordReed(m): 6:42am On Apr 23, 2020
Rozz:
Atheist are shallow thinkers

You believe in fairytales and you think you are a deep thinker? LoL!
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2020
Rozz:
Theres nothing genuine about the way Atheist think,they are just being deceived by some myths and they are misguided in their critiques of religion.
Lol. Sorry dear, there are no "myths" affixed to atheism. Atheism isn't based on myths, and if you insist it is, can you provide a comprehensive list of these myths?

Unlike the religious, atheists deal with hard facts and evidence. Facts and evidence, that it seems, are severely lacking in theistic religions. Our inquiry is, in fact, very genuine and justified. Ever heard of Onus Probandi?

Atheist" is what religious people call those who no longer color. You can substitute heathen, heretic, non-believer, sinner, apostate, the damned, or any other term you like. They all mean the same thing. "People who do not believe in God or gods." People who either put down the coloring book and walked away or those who never bothered to develop an interest in coloring. No one needs a "replacement" for coloring books and no one needs a replacement for religion.

Atheism is not a substitute belief system. It is not a world view. It is not a philosophy. It is not something you do. It is something you do not do. You just don't find it useful to believe in god or gods. That's it. Nothing more. And certainly nothing to settle for.

That's all there is to it dear. You can point at the sky, and scream magic dunnit, all you want, we'll just point at you, and laugh.

Rozz:
You guys believe we have no need for religion anymore because we have science,but this is an incredibly wrong notion since religion addresses different needs than science,needs that science can't address.
I will indulge you here. Please what are these special "needs" religion has to offer?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Lol. Sorry dear, there are no "myths" affixed to atheism. Atheism isn't based on myths, and if you insist it is, can you provide a comprehensive list of these myths?

Unlike the religious, atheists deal with hard facts and evidence. Facts and evidence, that it seems, are severely lacking in theistic religions. Our inquiry is, in fact, very genuine and justified. Ever heard of Onus Probandi?

Atheist" is what religious people call those who no longer color. You can substitute heathen, heretic, non-believer, sinner, apostate, the damned, or any other term you like. They all mean the same thing. "People who do not believe in God or gods." People who either put down the coloring book and walked away or those who never bothered to develop an interest in coloring. There is no 'SETTLING" for anything. No one needs a "replacement" for coloring books and no one needs a replacement for religion. If you have SETTLED for atheism, you do not understand it.

Atheism is not a substitute belief system. It is not a world view. It is not a philosophy. It is not something you do. It is something you do not do. You just don't find it useful to believe in god or gods. That's it. Nothing more. And certainly nothing to settle for.

That's all there is to it dear. You can point at the sky, and scream magic dunnit, all you want, we'll just point at you, and laugh.

I will indulge you here. Please what are these special "needs" religion has to offer?
I said it already no matter how one tells you stuffs behind it....you will still not agree and come up with insensible questions like your colleagues do.
Even you as a person will have burnt down several holy books including the bible and Quran

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

I said it already no matter how one tells you stuffs behind it....you will still not agree and come up with insensible questions like your colleagues do.
Even you as a person will have burnt down several holy books including the bible and Quran
I take it that you are a Christian, right? Let me show you the difference between me and you.

If you are presented with evidence which contradicts your current position, would you consider changing your mind? Most atheists would answer "yes". Most Christians would answer with a resounding "no". Also, you are ignoring the fact that many atheists not only used to be religious, but used to be devout. So their minds were open to religion. They just realized it was bunk.

Religious belief is, ultimately and always, only based on (blind) faith. Faith is believing in something for which there is no credible evidence. What’s more close-minded than that? By definition, you must close your mind to do it.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2020
LordReed:

You are really are stupìd. Who started with insults here now for you to talk about decency? You are a troglodyte with a pea sized brain who can't even muster 2 reasonable sentences and you think you have something to offer? Fùck you and the motherfùcking high horse you rode in on.
What do you know?Lol So in your own mode of programmed brain that works like Agege C.P.U because it seems you look like someone who has really upgraded tho.....when your generation and ancestors were on earth for several years without believing in the existence of God until the truth came and set few of them free Lmao
And then talking about decency,so your own definition of decency is when people abuse each other....(that's a story for you and the one that taught you anyway)Cos you sit your ass here saying something about "Always give dem a long rope"....Oh! I see
A long rope with an unlimited extension....bring questions upon questions no matter what it is they offered
So you are here telling me ehnnnn am this, am that.....when you are the fool here trying to fool pple who you think are a fool like you.....A fool as at that to not recognise how to interact with people unless he play his long rope card Lmao what a crazy mtf
I searched in my own little way of exploring and I found the truth.....Are you even a scientist or how did you discover God never exist
My dear brother you are dumb as a stump,crazy as a soul sandwich and an explorer that only explore things in his agege programmed C.P.U
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

I take it that you are a Christian, right? Let me show you the difference between me and you.

If you are presented with evidence which contradicts your current position, would you consider changing your mind? Most atheists would answer "yes". Most Christians would answer with a resounding "no". Also, you are ignoring the fact that many atheists not only used to be religious, but used to be devout. So their minds were open to religion. They just realized it was bunk.

Religious belief is, ultimately and always, only based on (blind) faith. Faith is believing in something for which there is no credible evidence. What’s more close-minded than that? By definition, you must close your mind to do it.
Ok it's like you are the normal one among pple like you around here.
Ask your question and wait for mine
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

What do you know?Lol So in your own mode of programmed brain that works like Agege C.P.U because it seems you look like someone who has really upgraded tho.....when your generation and ancestors were on earth for several years without believing in the existence of God until the truth came and set few of them free Lmao
And then talking about decency,so your own definition of decency is when people abuse each other....(that's a story for you and the one that taught you anyway)Cos you sit your ass here saying something about "Always give dem a long rope"....Oh! I see
A long rope with an unlimited extension....bring questions upon questions no matter what it is they offered
So you are here telling me ehnnnn am this, am that.....when you are the fool here trying to fool pple who you think are a fool like you.....A fool as at that to not recognise how to interact with people unless he play his long rope card Lmao what a crazy mtf
I searched in my own little way of exploring and I found the truth.....Are you even a scientist or how did you discover God never exist
My dear brother you are dumb as a stump,crazy as a soul sandwich and an explorer that only explore things in his agege programmed C.P.U

You are a dummy of infinite proportions without a shred of coherent thought. It pains you so much that I said to give you a long rope because you are more useless that a bloody menstrual pad, fit only to be used and dumped in the trash where you belong.

Decency is as far from you as sense is from a dummy used in displays which is the class you belong in. You should be displayed as an example of homo dummy a new species of brainless dickwads who's only point of interest is how utterly useless you are.

Not only are you stupid and useless, you are an explicit ignoramus with nothing but chewed and spat out crud for brains.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Ask your question and wait for mine
What objective evidence can you deliver and/or demonstrate for any deity(ies)?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2020
LordReed:

You are a dummy of infinite proportions without a shred of coherent thought. It pains you so much that I said to give you a long rope because you are more useless that a bloody menstrual pad, fit only to be used and dumped in the trash where you belong.

Decency is as far from you as sense is from a dummy used in displays which is the class you belong in. You should be displayed as an example of homo dummy a new species of brainless dickwads who's only point of interest is how utterly useless you are.

Not only are you stupid and useless, you are an explicit ignoramus with nothing but chewed and spat out crud for brains.
See how you just showed how annihilated it is a brain you have which doesn't look like it's in its "supposed to be" mode.Anyway,
what am I even expecting from a bag of bones with scattered neurons in its brain carrying and detecting wrong signals with wrong interpretation like some kinda diffused beam of light on a dispatched roof.....And mind you having almost 70% of people in the world that believed in the existence of a living God and with even explicit historical discoveries that shows he truly exists.....Meanwhile we have a fool like you here who still chose to be adamant and repulsive to teachings and scriptures
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

What objective evidence can you deliver and/or demonstrate for any deity(ies)?
I don't worship a diety so I don't think I should know
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Deist?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

And mind you having almost 70% of people in the world that believed in the existence of a living God and with even explicit historical discoveries that shows he truly exists....Meanwhile we have a fool like you here who still chose to be adamant and repulsive to teachings and scriptures
Lol. An Ad populum argument? Really?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 10:45am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

V.S

HammedOlanaija:
His mercy and grace upon for us deserves praise and kudos to him in return
He needs worship because we in between choosing between hell and heaven while we are alive
And he needs worship because praise is also part of worship

Have we started telling bare faced lies now?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Of course,this is not an ad about religion or something....it is pure fact
Take nigeria for example,what am I even saying,how many unbeliever like you dey your street
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Take nigeria for example,what am I even saying,how many unbeliever like you dey your street
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Tale nigeria for example,what am I even saying,how many unbeliever like you dey your street
You didn't understand my post.

You've committed a logical fallacy called "argumentum ad populum". It is a red herring and a genetic fallacy. It is logically fallacious because the mere fact that a belief is widely-held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct; if the belief of any individual can be wrong, then the belief held by multiple persons can also be wrong. Google "Information influence" and "confirmation bias".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

See how you just showed how annihilated it is a brain you have which doesn't look like it's in its "supposed to be" mode.Anyway,
what am I even expecting from a bag of bones with scattered neurons in its brain carrying and detecting wrong signals with wrong interpretation like some kinda diffused beam of light on a dispatched roof.....And mind you having almost 70% of people in the world that believed in the existence of a living God and with even explicit historical discoveries that shows he truly exists.....Meanwhile we have a fool like you here who still chose to be adamant and repulsive to teachings and scriptures

Rubbish. You just typed a bunch of junk thinking you said something coherent. You're a nincompoop of the highest order, a simpering troglodyte of mean distinction and a worthless dirty floor rag only fit to clean shit and vomit.

You are so dull you expect 70% of the population to do your thinking for you. No wonder you regurgitate rubbish like a monkey hitting random keys on a keyboard, you are bereft of actual thought. Your thoughts are like the sludge of waste excrement from the arse of a guinea fowl with diarrhea.

You are a complete and utter cretin. Show us the historical discoveries proving a god if you can, you dumbass floor rag.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Atheist" is what religious people call those who no longer color. You can substitute heathen, heretic, non-believer, sinner, apostate, the damned, or any other term you like. They all mean the same thing. "People who do not believe in God or gods." People who either put down the coloring book and walked away or those who never bothered to develop an interest in coloring. No one needs a "replacement" for coloring books and no one needs a replacement for religion.

You can't deny that fact that atheist are animated by 19th century myths of various kinds i.e myths of human advancement, myths of what science can and cannot do, and all kinds of other myths that you and other atheists hold on to and therefore you believe that religion was just a protoscience, there are still people who treats the myth of religion like the genesis story, as some kind of literal truth even though they were understood by jewish thinkers and theologians of the time as parables.Genesis is not a theory of the origins of the world.It is not obsolete, primitive science, it is not a solution to the problem of knowledge. Religion isn't like that, religion is a body of practices of stories and images whereby humans create or find meanings in their lives.In other words, it's not a search for explanation, even if everything in the world were suddenly explained by science, we would still be asking what it all means, that's where religion steps in.
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

my pastor warned me to beware of you atheist but you people can be annoying ehn.Even the things science can't explain, you will still coin something to back it up
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rozz:
You can't deny that fact that atheist are animated by 19th century myths of various kinds i.e myths of human advancement, myths of what science can and cannot do, and all kinds of other myths that you and other atheists hold on to and therefore you believe that religion was just a protoscience
Again,

ATHEISM IS NOT BASED ON MYTHS!!!

First of all, atheism is as old as man himself. Withholding belief is an epistemological necessity. That's why (and correct me if I'm wrong here) you don't believe in goblins, unicorns etc. Second of all, "myth" means nothing, literally. It's just a word. It has no measurable value. Just as you can not prove a negative. Something is either known, unknown, or at the least understood. We're just too used to using words such as myths, and beliefs, and theories, so nonchalantly and undermining the facts and belies the question. Atheism is concerned with one thing alone: the existence of god(s)

One does not need to believe the big bang or the evolution to reject the existence of a deity. Atheism is simply one thing: lack of belief in the existence of god(s). I can be an atheist and not believe in evolution.

Rozz:

Religion isn't like that, religion is a body of practices of stories and images whereby humans create or find meanings in their lives.In other words, it's not a search for explanation, even if everything in the world were suddenly explained by science, we would still be asking what it all means, that's where religion steps in.

I'm sorry but religion is not relevant for that. "Meaning" is a human construct. The good news is that you can define your own "reality" in a sense (though it should certainly be grounded, to a large degree). Which means that you can decide on what gives you purpose in life.

What I give meaning in my life is my family, my friends, and trying to leave the world a bit better than I found it. If I can make someone smile each day, that's a good start.

We each find meaning in our own places. Maybe religion gives you meaning, and I don't begrudge you that. I just would like if your fellow religious buddies kept that religion to themselves and stopped trying to force it upon others.
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Tamaratonye1(f): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rozz:
....Even the things science can't explain, you will still coin something to back it up
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is a classic case of four fingers pointing back. Have you heard of "god of the gaps"? Irony overload lol.

FYI, atheism explains nothing. Don't try to strawman my position.
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is a classic case of four fingers pointing back. Have you heard of "god of the gaps"? Irony overload lol.

FYI, atheism explains nothing. Don't try to strawman my position.
May God locate you,you are the first female atheist I've encountered.
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rozz:
May God locate you,you are the first female atheist I've encountered.
Lol
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:
Lol
I think we should rather pray for them
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by Buliwyf: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Lol
Rozz:
I think we should rather pray for them

Except that the both of you won't be able to agree on how you want to pray. One is a diehard Muslim that thinks he is making sense lol. The other is a confused Christian that doesn't even know what a myth is. If that's not a sign of the nonexistence of both your deities, I don't know what is.

LordReed. I told you before that this was going to be a waste of time you didn't listen. All you needed to know about that dude was in his first 5 posts on this thread. You could tell he is out to get attention and not to make sense.

Tamaratonye1 my advise would be to save your breath with some people. They aren't even capable of complicated thought or seeing the faults in their own arguments. One has resorted to argumentum and populum while the other has decided to indulge in a futile act like praying because she has run out of ideas. Lol
Re: Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

You didn't understand my post.

You've committed a logical fallacy called "argumentum ad populum". It is a red herring and a genetic fallacy. It is logically fallacious because the mere fact that a belief is widely-held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct; if the belief of any individual can be wrong, then the belief held by multiple persons can also be wrong. Google "Information influence" and "confirmation bias".
Trying to stand out in terms of religion field just so you could be some kinda champion doesn't make you unique.This is not a classroom where a student might be right and other classmates might not...Call it whatever it is you want to call it.It still doesn't sound normal to hearing that in this century and time there are still some set of people that categorized themselves as ghuru that never did an explicit research to judge and back up their believe.The fact that you came up with the verse God doesn't exist doesn't make you a champion over others I repeat,Do your findings about islam then come back and tell me what you discover.
Someone was saying something about how atheist were once a believer until they became what it is,that they have become.I don't know if it was you or the other brat......Listen I don't want to even know what it is that you have to tender as models behind all these critics and allegations because if it comes to tendering facts you have none to offer to this table.Cos all this is all because you gave up on God and this thing that you are doing is as a result of depression.Prove me wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real .mermaid Pictures That Will Convince You They Actually Exist / Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! / You Reading This. Yes You. Do You Know You Are A Fallen Angel ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.