Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Anambra Wants To Marry Edo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Anambra Wants To Marry Edo (3125 Views)

Lady Begs Her Ex Who Wants To Leak Her Nudes For Cheating With 2 Of His Friends / Man To Marry Two Women In Delta State, See His Pre-wedding Photos / I’m Ready To Marry Any Man At All, Once He Has 2 Hands & Legs – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
MODS: Please be kind enough to push this to the FP so that I can get advise from this great forum. E.&.O.E please.

I will definitely try to make it very conscice. I'm from Anambra and I have the intention to marry this girl from Edo state, I have been left with so many thoughts about how well it will go and what family members and friends will see this decision.

Please friends, I need a very candid advise about this very issue because it's really giving me a great worry. I'm just on the cross road right now.

I have told my best friend about my intention but he told me that he has not been to that state before and such doesn't know how their women are in terms of marriage.

I have not seen any Anambra man that married an Edo girl, I'm just sceptical about how this will work.

I love her very much as she is very supportive, kind and loving., Most times I bring up issues just to scare her away but she always come back.

Please advise a brother here as I understand marriage is for better for worse! I don't want to regret anything in the future.

Thanks for reading., Please no bashing. If you so do, I will gladly accept that but do give in your thoughts.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Evablizin(f): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2020
shocked

Not every woman will make a good spouse for you,if she is the right woman for you marry her irrespective of wherever she is from,you don't need to see any man that married from Edo. If you've seen your peace of mind go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Skyfornia(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2020
I don't see anything wrong with your decision bro..I have lived in Benin and also has spent many of my Christmas at Uromi both in Edo state, and I can tell you that many of their women are good and accomodating. Though you must be a lively person because Edo people generally likes enjoyment...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Padosky242(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Always remember that marriage is between you and your wife.... Nobody is coming to live with U.... So marry someone who will make u Happy till ur last day on earth.... Marry someone who will always make u rush home from work everyday and not to any available beer parlour.... Am an Igbo guy... And I support U....100%...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by daddytime(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
My dear brother, let's do away with those stereotypes that have done more harm to us than good as a people.

There's something I took away from Abba Kyari's passing, and that is, we the supposed youths of today are a far cry from the youths of our father's generation and this explains why they can boldly say we aren't prepared for leadership, and the reason why they are still able to call the shots even with their walking sticks. That statement isn't a slight on us but a fact.

It is evident how the people ruling us today are the same people and clique at the helms of affairs from the days of our fathers down to this age of our own children. Do you know how they succeeded in this regard? They forged alliances/friendships, marriages et al that defied tribes, borders, States of origin, languages, and religions.

If in doubt, go read up on the many eulogies in honor of Abba Kyari coming in from every part of the country.

Until we the present generation begin to see beyond ipob, arewa, afonja and whatever by coming together to see ourselves as a people with a common goal which is to build a country of our dreams as stakeholders, we'll continue getting lorded over by our forefathers and a handful of the youths who know this secret of forging fronts and alignments beyond the borders of ethnicity, tribe, language or religion.

Enough of the digression. Now to your question.

Is it lost on you that most of the Anambrians actually migrated from the great Benin empire?

If in doubt, go look up literatures and ask the older folks in your villages.

That aside, I am an Edo man ( Esan) precisely, and in my family, we have always inter-married with the Igbos. All the Igbo women married into my family speak my language even better than I do and you won't believe they were Igbos.

To further buttress my point above, did you know that the now deceased strong man of Edo and Nigerian politics Anthony Anenih a.k.a Mr. Fix it was married to an Anambrian who was the former Minister of women affairs? Did you also know that the ever stylish Stella Oduah was married to an Edo man? These are just a few examples.

Make your way down to Edo and see both ethnicities getting lost in inter-marriages without more than the usual or expected rift in any marriage.

In conclusion, my guy, if you find happiness in that girl, wife her and live your life damning any stereotypes or seeking validation from people who do not know any better.

Peace bro, and good luck in your choices.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by FabulousLife: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2020
The Igbo girl I dated almost killed me, and she's from my state, while the best relationship I ever had was with a girl from Benin. @OP state doesn't matter, the individual does

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Easybela(f): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2020
undecided from the way you sound,your mind isn't even strong enough to fight any opposition, the moment your parents disapproves, you will back down almost immediately and if you continue this way,you will lose your choice. If you think the girl is good for you,why are you seeking for peoples opinion . All the same,be ready to fight, am Igbo and I know what it means to marry from another Igbo state not to talk of another tribe entirely so be ready to fight your way through. Before you begin the fight(I.e if any arises) for her,ensure she's worth it.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Alwaysachick: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2020
Have intention cheesy Boy go ask your mama

Asides that, check if she truly loves you and is not stereotyped as your fellow Anambarians.

Once a woman loves you, she will do any thing for you including following you to your village which has always been the fear of Igbo parents.

They don't want a girl that will take their son away from home(Igbo land) forever because she hates his people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Evablizin:
shocked

Not every woman will make a good spouse for you,if she is the right woman for you marry her irrespective of wherever she is from,you don't need to see any man that married from Edo. If you've seen your peace of mind go for it.
.. thanks Evablizin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2020
Padosky242:
Always remember that marriage is between you and your wife.... Nobody is coming to live with U.... So marry someone who will make u Happy till ur last day on earth.... Marry someone who will always make u rush home from work everyday and not to any available beer parlour.... Am an Igbo guy... And I support U....100%...
.. thanks bro for the kind words
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2020
Skyfornia:
I don't see anything wrong with your decision bro..I have lived in Benin and also has spent many of my Christmas at Uromi both in Edo state, and I can tell you that many of their women are good and accomodating. Though you must be a lively person because Edo people generally likes enjoyment...
.. thanks a lot
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2020
FabulousLife:
The Igbo girl I dated almost killed me, and she's from my state, while the best relationship I ever had was with a girl from Benin. @OP state doesn't matter, the individual does
.. wow, Happy to hear that
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2020
Easybela:
undecided from the way you sound,your mind isn't even strong enough to fight any opposition, the moment your parents disapproves, you will back down almost immediately and if you continue this way,you will lose your choice. If you think the girl is good for you,why are you seeking for peoples opinion . All the same,be ready to fight, am Igbo and I know what it means to marry from another Igbo state not to talk of another tribe entirely so be ready to fight your way through. Before you begin the fight(I.e if any arises) for her,ensure she's worth it.
.. indeed, I'm seeing fight already..my fear us now if she will worth this fight on the long run! Not when I ended up marrying her now, she will change and bring out who she really is
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2020
it is wrong to come here and seek advice
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
My dear brother, let's do away with those stereotypes that have done more harm to us than good as a people.

There's something I took away from Abba Kyari's passing, and that is, we the supposed youths of today are a far cry from the youths of our father's generation and this explains why they can boldly say we aren't prepared for leadership, and the reason why they are still able to call the shots even with their walking sticks. That statement isn't a slight on us but a fact.

It is evident how the people ruling us today are the same people and clique at the helms of affairs from the days of our fathers down to this age of our own children. Do you know how they succeeded in this regard? They forged alliances/friendships, marriages et al that defied tribes, borders, States of origin, languages, and religions.

If in doubt, go read up on the many eulogies in honor of Abba Kyari coming in from every part of the country.

Until we the present generation begin to see beyond ipob, arewa, afonja and whatever by coming together to see ourselves as a people with a common goal which is to build a country of our dreams as stakeholders, we'll continue getting lorded over by our forefathers and a handful of the youths who know this secret of forging fronts and alignments beyond the borders of ethnicity, tribe, language or religion.

Enough of the digression. Now to your question.

Is it lost on you that most of the Anambrians actually migrated from the great Benin empire?

If in doubt, go look up literatures and ask the older folks in your villages.

That aside, I am an Edo man ( Esan) precisely, and in my family, we have always inter-married with the Igbos. All the Igbo women married into my family speak my language even better than I do and you won't believe they were Igbos.

To further buttress my point above, did you know that the now deceased strong man of Edo and Nigerian politics Anthony Anenih a.k.a Mr. Fix it was married to an Anambrian who was the former Minister of women affairs? Did you also know that the ever stylish Stella Oduah was married to an Edo man? These are just a few examples.

Make your way down to Edo and see both ethnicities getting lost in inter-marriages without more than the usual or expected rift in any marriage.

In conclusion, my guy, if you find happiness in that girl, wife her and live your life damning any stereotypes or seeking validation from people who do not know any better.

Peace bro, and good luck in your choices.
.. wow bro, thanks very much indeed for your time in writing this.
This girl also is Esan girl., I would like to know more about Esan people if you don't mind
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Pharaoh350s(m): 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
Go ahead
I got your back

Don't forget to keep one gallon of palm wine for me and my girls, on your traditional wedding day.
I hope I didn't ask much
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
BadRadio:
it is wrong to come here and seek advice
. What could I have done? If I go to friends or family member, I will get the discourage I never thought I would be able to get so that's why I'm here bro.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2020
Pharaoh350s:
Go ahead
I got your back

Don't forget to keep one gallon of palm wine for me and my girls, on your traditional wedding day.
I hope I didn't ask much
.. hahahaha, are you from Edo? Sure you will have your order �
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Pharaoh350s(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. hahahaha, are you from Edo? Sure you will have your order �
No, not from edo
But thank you so much
You have my respect

Don't forget to inform us on nairaland on the date, so that well-wishers in nairalander around edo can celebrate with you
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Pharaoh350s:

No, not from edo
But thank you so much
You have my respect

Don't forget to inform us on nairaland on the date, so that well-wishers in nairalander around edo can celebrate with you
.. surely, hahahahhaha
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
. What could I have done? If I go to friends or family member, I will get the discourage I never thought I would be able to get so that's why I'm here bro.
what makes u think it will be any different here. Your true friends and family members are the only persons who can give u the best advice, as bitter as it is and not as u like it.

It is wrong to throw such sensitive decision of ur life to a careless and toxic public forum like nairaland.

u av a personal conviction already of what u want and what u seek is an external outright validation of the choice u ve made already.

be careful

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2020
dont believe love is all it take to make a choice on whom to marry.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020
BadRadio:
what makes u think it will be any different here. Your true friends and family members are the only persons who can give u the best advice, as bitter as it is and not as u like it.

It is wrong to throw such sensitive decision of ur life to a careless and toxic public forum like nairaland.

u av a personal conviction already of what u want and what u seek is an external outright validation of the choice u ve made already.

be careful
..right, I got your point
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020
BadRadio:
dont believe love is all it take to make a choice on whom to marry.
.. what's your point sir
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by daddytime(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. wow bro, thanks very much indeed for your time in writing this.
This girl also is Esan girl., I would like to know more about Esan people if you don't mind

An Esan wife can be as good as any wife from any part if the world, it all depends on the individual and her upbringing.

On the most, they are very submissive, enterprising, cool-headed, and homely.

Infidelity is a no no to the Esan woman because of the fear of incurring the wrath of the gods (death).
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by bonnyhope: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2020
Easybela:

Good & mature advice

But please, can you change ur dp to something more decent even if you cant put ur pix
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by SweetCunt97(f): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2020
You'll need to be strong cos I know some oversabi will push against the marriage. If you are happy and love her, simply go ahead.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 10:07am On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:

An Esan wife can be as good as any wife from any part if the world, it all depends on the individual and her upbringing.

On the most, they are very submissive, enterprising, cool-headed, and homely.

Infidelity is a no no to the Esan woman because of the fear of incurring the wrath of the gods (death).
.. of course I have seen all these in her! I think my only problem here is stereotyping I'm having towards her
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by daddytime(m): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. of course I have seen all these in her! I think my only problem here is stereotyping I'm having towards her

Quit with the stereotyping, keep an open mind and you'll be fine.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:

Quit with the stereotyping, keep an open mind and you'll be fine.
.. thanks very much indeed
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2020
bro, you have no problem with your decision of marriage.. you're just looking for problem that is not there.. this topic doesn't deserve fp.. theres nothing here to talk about

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Hidden Signs You Have A Lesbian Wife / VIDEO: Runs Girls Beat & Strip Man Naked After He Refused To Pay For Sex� / Love Is Sweeter When A Sweet Lady Chases You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.