Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,057 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Anambra Wants To Marry Edo - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Anambra Wants To Marry Edo (3115 Views)

Lady Begs Her Ex Who Wants To Leak Her Nudes For Cheating With 2 Of His Friends / Man To Marry Two Women In Delta State, See His Pre-wedding Photos / I’m Ready To Marry Any Man At All, Once He Has 2 Hands & Legs – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Powerplay: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
MODS: Please be kind enough to push this to the FP so that I can get advise from this great forum. E.&.O.E please.

I will definitely try to make it very conscice. I'm from Anambra and I have the intention to marry this girl from Edo state, I have been left with so many thoughts about how well it will go and what family members and friends will see this decision.

Please friends, I need a very candid advise about this very issue because it's really giving me a great worry. I'm just on the cross road right now.

I have told my best friend about my intention but he told me that he has not been to that state before and such doesn't know how their women are in terms of marriage.

I have not seen any Anambra man that married an Edo girl, I'm just sceptical about how this will work.

I love her very much as she is very supportive, kind and loving., Most times I bring up issues just to scare her away but she always come back.

Please advise a brother here as I understand marriage is for better for worse! I don't want to regret anything in the future.

Thanks for reading., Please no bashing. If you so do, I will gladly accept that but do give in your thoughts.

Tears loading
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Kobicove(m): 11:02am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
MODS: Please be kind enough to push this to t

Thanks for reading., Please no bashing. If you so do, I will gladly accept that but do give in your thoughts.

Are you sure you're ready to go down this road?

Don't listen to people telling you that marriage is just between you and your wife.

That's a big fat lie here in Nigeria and Africa at large cos when you marry it's essentially a fusion of two families!

My advise to you would be to consider it if she was raised in Lagos and her parents are enlightened, on the other hand if she grew up in Edo State you better run as fast as your legs can carry you.

If you decide to proceed just be very prepared for the clash of cultures you will encounter as time goes on

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Kobicove:

Are you sure you're ready to go down this road?

Don't listen to people telling you that marriage is just between you and your wife.

That's a big fat lie here in Nigeria and Africa at large cos when you marry it's essentially a fusion of two families!

My advise to you would be to consider it if she was raised in Lagos and her parents are enlightened, on the other hand if she grew up in Edo State you better run as fast as your legs can carry you.

If you decide to proceed just be very prepared for the clash of cultures you will encounter as time goes on
.. seems you have got some experience

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Easybela(f): 11:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Noted sir
bonnyhope:

Good & mature advice

But please, can you change ur dp to something more decent even if you cant put ur pix
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Bennysam: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
MODS: Please be kind enough to push this to the FP so that I can get advise from this great forum. E.&.O.E please.

I will definitely try to make it very conscice. I'm from Anambra and I have the intention to marry this girl from Edo state, I have been left with so many thoughts about how well it will go and what family members and friends will see this decision.

Please friends, I need a very candid advise about this very issue because it's really giving me a great worry. I'm just on the cross road right now.

I have told my best friend about my intention but he told me that he has not been to that state before and such doesn't know how their women are in terms of marriage.

I have not seen any Anambra man that married an Edo girl, I'm just sceptical about how this will work.

I love her very much as she is very supportive, kind and loving., Most times I bring up issues just to scare her away but she always come back.

Please advise a brother here as I understand marriage is for better for worse! I don't want to regret anything in the future.

Oga everything is wrong about it , 1 cultural different, 2 they don't keep their ass one place
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
There are no good tribes or bad tribes, just good or bad persons.
If it counts for anything, I'm half ibo half edo.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:
There are no good tribes or bad tribes, just good or bad persons.
If it counts for anything, I'm half ibo half edo.
.. oh really? Esan tribe?
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bennysam:

Oga everything is wrong about it , 1 cultural different, 2 they don't keep their ass one place
.. that's just it. Most times I will be with her and her people, they will be speaking the language I won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Fweezy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Take my advice as someone who has been there and done that. Don't do this because u will regret it later. A part of u already knows this but u came here just to re-enforce that thought. I wish I could tell you my story here or to u directly in person. Try and look for Edo men around and ask them candidly looking them straight in the eye what they think about Edo girls and if they would marry one. There and thence the truth will be revealed. They mostly have an entitlement personality and will be discussing your personal issues and secrets with their family members right in front of u cos they know u don't hear their tongue. I would hate for u to come back here and tell us ur story if regret when their true nature is revealed after marriage. They get violent and confrontational over little incidents and always issueing threats diabolical demos. They like to prey on weak and innocent mean like u who they can bend to their will because they believe u love them too much to become stupid and tolerate their excesses. U hardly see them marry tough men like their fellow Edo men who will deal ruthlessly with them when they misbehave. I can go on and on but let me stop here. Tell her to go and marry her own people. It's better that way.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. oh really? Esan tribe?
Afenmai
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by LuQuLuQu(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nwanne you want to marry Edo woman? As in Esan In fact start preparing for a rough ride in that marriage.
This is not a sentimental advice, but from the depths of my heart.

If you go ahead, come back here and read what I said when the winter comes.

A word is enough for an Igbo man!

One love!
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by LuQuLuQu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fweezy:
Take my advice as someone who has been there and done that. Don't do this because u will regret it later. A part of u already knows this but u came here just to re-enforce that thought. I wish I could tell you my story here or to u directly in person. Try and look for Edo men around and ask them candidly looking them straight in the eye what they think about Edo girls and if they would marry one. There and thence the truth will be revealed. They mostly have an entitlement personality and will be discussing your personal issues and secrets with their family members right in front of u cos they know u don't hear their tongue. I would hate for u to come back here and tell us ur story if regret when their true nature is revealed after marriage. They get violent and confrontational over little incidents and always issueing threats diabolical demos. They like to prey on weak and innocent mean like u who they can bend to their will because they believe u love them too much to become stupid and tolerate their excesses. U hardly see them marry tough men like their fellow Edo men who will deal ruthlessly with them when they misbehave. I can go on and on but let me stop here. Tell her to go and marry her own people. It's better that way.
I didn't see your advice to him before even writing mine.
Edo women are very dangerous. You have said it all. Everything you listed here, is 100% true.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Liliantalks: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hope ur mother and family r aware!
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Liliantalks: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fweezy:
Edo Marry Edo sir !

I hv wonderful friends from edo

But Edo people r wicked , the bad one is very very very bad . N the normal edo person is not normal ! They pretend a lot , n hv deep minds ! I know them very well I schooled there . I Dey use sense Dey follow my edo friends, the better ones r the ones who didn’t grow up in edo but they still hv their problems , very sensitive people
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fweezy:
.. OMG., All these things you just mentioned are my fears
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
LuQuLuQu:
Nwanne you want to marry Edo woman? As in Esan In fact start preparing for a rough ride in that marriage.
This is not a sentimental advice, but from the depths of my heart.

If you go ahead, come back here and read what I said when the winter comes.

A word is enough for an Igbo man!

One love!
..nwanne, that is why I want to seek information from here ooo., Language alone is just number 1 barrier because when they speak it when I'm around them, I always feel like something bad is going on
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
our edo girls are very good except that they have very hot temper cheesy.apart from their hot temper dem be A1 for other areas
cooking
sex
twerking
etc cheesy
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
LuQuLuQu:

I didn't see your advice to him before even writing mine.
Edo women are very dangerous. You have said it all. Everything you listed here, is 100% true.
.. almost everyone here is saying same thing about Edo people. What is really the problem

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
lefulefu:
our edo girls are very good except that they have very hot temper cheesy.apart from their hot temper dem be A1 for other areas
cooking
sex
twerking
etc cheesy
... But why are all these things other people are saying about them? Something must be wrong! I don't even know whether she's pretending to lure me into marrying her and then bring out her true colors

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Dangrace01: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fweezy:

My benin guy told me this same thing he married an anambra girl. But e no mean you can't stereotype a whole tribe
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liliantalks:
Hope ur mother and family r aware!
.. I have not even mentioned that to them. They must react to it negativity but in the end, they will respect my decision if I choose to go ahead. I generally want to know information about Edo girl (Esan) tribe that I intend to marry
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Liliantalks: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. I have not even mentioned that to them. They must react to it negativity but in the end, they will respect my decision if I choose to go ahead. I generally want to know information about Edo girl (Esan) tribe that I intend to marry
lol ESAN?? Please leave that girl alone ! Forget about her alone , u hv her family to contend with, even benin people don’t like getting married to ESAN people, they only marry themselves most times. Family people fit worry ur children!! Like I said b4 they hv very deep minds and extremely sensitive, an Edo person can hold grudges for you for something very little , never tell you but carry you Waka .

There was an Esan girl that had issues with one Yoruba girl in my hostel n the girl fell sick for more than two tweeks , n babe had to go n beg her , she had to urinate in her hands for her to get better ,, Strange , but it happened. It’s not even a new thing there , u hv to be extremely careful with them.

They see their female children as a source to upliftment so if u marry their daughter n u neglect them , they will hold serious grudges against you , that’s why a entire family can gather funds for a female child to go to Italy and do prostitution.

I won’t advise you to marry an Edo girl , love isn’t enough.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liliantalks:
lol ESAN?? Please leave that girl alone ! Forget about her alone , u hv her family to contend with, even benin people don’t like getting married to ESAN people, they only marry themselves most times. Family people fit worry ur children!! Like I said b4 they hv very deep minds and extremely sensitive, an Edo person can hold grudges for you for something very little , never tell you but carry you Waka .

There was an Esan girl that had issues with one Yoruba girl in my hostel n the girl fell sick for more than two tweeks , n babe had to go n beg her , she had to urinate in her hands for her to get better ,, Strange , but it happened. It’s not even a new thing there , u hv to be extremely careful with them.

They see their female children as a source to upliftment so if u marry their daughter n u neglect them , they will hold serious grudges against you , that’s why a entire family can gather funds for a female child to go to Italy and do prostitution.

I won’t advise you to marry an Edo girl , love isn’t enough.
.. OMG�������� I'm really getting scared. This girl in question is very nice but I don't know if she's making that up to woo me then bring out her colors afterwards
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by LuQuLuQu(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
..nwanne, that is why I want to seek information from here ooo., Language alone is just number 1 barrier because when they speak it when I'm around them, I always feel like something bad is going on

Hapu nwata nwanyi ahu. Umu ada julu na obodo.
Ndi obodo ahu ajoka

Trust your instincts. Language is very important in any relationship. So that you don't cheated or betrayed
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by LuQuLuQu(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:

Your parents definitely won't consent to it. But go ahead if you feel she's good to you and you like her too. But remember, had I known comes at last
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
LuQuLuQu:

Hapu nwata nwanyi ahu. Umu ada julu na obodo.
Ndi obodo ahu ajoka

Trust your instincts. Language is very important in any relationship. So that you don't cheated or betrayed
.. nsogbu adiro nwanne. (No problems brother) I will seek alternative

1 Like

Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
LuQuLuQu:

Your parents definitely won't consent to it. But go ahead if you feel she's good to you and you like her too. But remember, had I known comes at last
.. God in his Mercy will never let me experience had I known . I will definitely seek alternative
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by BronzeMajik(f): 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. God in his Mercy will never let me experience had I known . I will definitely seek alternative
before you accept the biased opinion of strangers here, bear in mind that this is Life there's no guarantee for anything... relationship... business.... marriage, happiness and marital success has got nothing to do with tribe, race and skin color, know your partner make up your mind and take the leap, no two individuals are the same... and stop listening to stories on here.

Stop The tribalism, most ibos here cannot bear the thought of you marrying out of the ibo tribe, hence the cock and bull stories they're throwing around.. if you can work with this lady...if she listens to you..if she cares about you... and if she values what you have, don't be silly please marry her already and make your family see reasons with you.. if you're not willing to make it work.. it wouldn't.
This is a public forum no one knows this lady better than you do... No one can pretend for that long, the answer you seek is within.

Sorry for the epistle, I pray you Man up and choose for yourself.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Bennysam: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
essentialson:
.. that's just it. Most times I will be with her and her people, they will be speaking the language I won't understand.
Better run on time before it's too late , marriage between anambra and Edo don't work at all
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by addictiv(m): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Every marriage has.. "had I known"... There is no married person who has not at one point in their marriage wished they married someone else. Thats because no one is perfect. There is no right or wrong decision.. You make a decision and then put in the effort to make it the right decision. There will always be that moment of of sadness and possible regrets but there ll also be moments of joy. You can't have one without the other.
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by essentialson: 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
addictiv:
Every marriage has.. "had I known"... There is no married person who has not at one point in their marriage wished they married someone else. Thats because no one is perfect. There is no right or wrong decision.. You make a decision and then put in the effort to make it the right decision. There will always be moment of regrets and also moments of joy. You can't have one without the other.
. Thanks
Re: Anambra Wants To Marry Edo by Fweezy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Follow this cock and bull story and learn from the experience of others that in this time and age an Ibo man marrying an Edo woman is going to end in disaster. I am sure he was warned but he didn't listen until it was too late and now he is regretting it....How can a woman having delivered a child for her husband later deny that her bride price had been paid in full and then ran away to marry another man because things took a downturn for her husband? Is this what you want for yourself tomorrow? A woman who will only stay when the going is good and then turn around to deny you and tell lies about you later on when things go bad...? Answer this yourself.

[i]Osadebe, who spoke to PUNCH Metro amid stutters, said he was shocked that his wife betrayed him.

He said, “I was in a relationship with my wife for 20 years; we had a child together in 2011. My mother objected to our union because she is not from my tribe, but I said I loved her.

“When my mother died and I wanted to travel for the burial, my wife said she would not follow us, because it is a taboo in her tradition for a woman, whose bride price has not been paid, to go on such a journey. She also refused to release my son.

“When I got to the village, the elders were angry that I did not come with my wife and son as my mother’s first child. They fined me N40,000. After that disgrace, I vowed to pay her bride price.

“I immediately sold the land I had for N1m, and I sent N500,000 to her account to keep for the purpose. In 2017, we went to her family and paid N280,000 for the bride price. They demanded groundnut oil, tubers of yam, among other things, which we valued at N60,000 and paid.”

The former bus driver said when he took ill, he travelled to his hometown for treatment, adding that his wife refused to follow him.

He alleged that while he was sick, his wife called and lamented that she and their son were starving, adding that he instructed that his bus be sold and the proceeds given to Gloria to start a business and pay the son’s school fees.

Gloria, according to the court papers, sought divorce on the grounds of “drunkenness and smoking, lack of care, stubbornness and no more love.”

She also claimed that her husband paid N25,000 for her bride price.

https://www.nairaland.com/6090060/man-family-disrupt-lagos-church

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Blowing Hot And Cold / How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise / It's My Birthday But I'm Not Happy (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.