Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,245 members, 7,856,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father (921 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? / My Shocking Discovery After Dating Married Women And Single Mothers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2020
We all want better things for our future generations. So when you decide to be an irresponsible man( single father by choice) or a slaymama single mom; prepare to have a child who has the following character traits.
He/she will be a bully.
He/she can't coordinate/ He/she will suffer depression
Can't handle intelligent conversation
Lack of respect for female folk
Can't tolerate other view and feeling
He/she will lack self worth and self dependent
Very promiscuous
Show some extreme anger on issues
Do drugs and alcoholic
Lack of empathy and compassion for others.
Little wonder while we have deadbeat fathers and irresponsible female every where now? Most are products of abnormal functional home like single parent. In conclusion it is the highest height of foolishness and self defeat that young men and women decide to be a single parent. Don't make that mistake. Feel free to contribute.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Prince Williams and Harry
Barrack Obama
Angelina Jolie
Justin Beiber
Kanye West
Leonardo DiCaprio
Keanu Reeves
Adele
Eva Mendez
Alicia keys
Jay-z
Halle Berry
Christina Aguilera
Mariah Carey
Bono
Paul McCartney
Tom Hanks

Where all raised by single parents.. your points are baseless. And people don't just wake up to be single parents... Situations happen

3 Likes

Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:
Barrack Obama
Angelina Jolie
Justin Beiber
Kanye West
Leonardo DiCaprio
Keanu Reeves
Adele
Eva Mendez
Alicia keys
Jay-z
Halle Berry
Christina Aguilera
Mariah Carey
Bono
Paul McCartney
Tom Hanks

Where all raised by single parents.. your points are baseless. And people don't just wake up to be single parents... Situations happen
Yes those names are associated with power, fame and wealth but do you know what they went through before becoming who they are?

Do these people you mentioned become what they are by themselves? No! They had one time in their lives people who had to correct the mistakes and consequences of a missing father or mother figures. They didn't attain success by themselves or sad stories but by people who rescued them when they we're falling. Now isn't it better if parents think twice before bringing children into their chaotic lives? Do all single parent children succeed? There are lots in prisons and brothels compared to the few you mentioned up there.

BTW I see no Nigerian on your list, that should tell you all you need to know about broken homes, single parenthood, reckless child birth in relative to a country's economy. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ariza:
Yes those names are associated with power, fame and wealth but do you know what they went through before becoming who they are?

Do these people you mentioned become what they are by themselves? No! They had one time in their lives people who had to correct the mistakes and consequences of a missing father or mother figures. They didn't attain success by themselves or sad stories but by people who rescued them when they we're falling. Now isn't it better if parents think twice before bringing children into their chaotic lives? Do all single parent children succeed? There are lots in prisons and brothels compared to the few you mentioned up there.

BTW I see no Nigerian on your list, that should tell you all you need to know about broken homes, single parenthood, reckless child birth in relative to a country's economy. grin
You really schooled that lady, next time she will know when to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by GeneralPula: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Jaubdu:
We all want better things for our future generations. So when you decide to be an irresponsible man( single father by choice) or a slaymama single mom; prepare to have a child who has the following character traits.
He/she will be a bully.
He/she can't coordinate/ He/she will suffer depression
Can't handle intelligent conversation
Lack of respect for female folk
Can't tolerate other view and feeling
He/she will lack self worth and self dependent
Very promiscuous
Show some extreme anger on issues
Do drugs and alcoholic
Lack of empathy and compassion for others.
Little wonder while we have deadbeat fathers and irresponsible female every where now? Most are products of abnormal functional home like single parent. In conclusion it is the highest height of foolishness and self defeat that young men and women decide to be a single parent. Don't make that mistake. Feel free to contribute.
[/s]

Nature doesn’t work that way.. Go and learn more about life..

1 Like

Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:
Barrack Obama
Angelina Jolie
Justin Beiber
Kanye West
Leonardo DiCaprio
Keanu Reeves
Adele
Eva Mendez
Alicia keys
Jay-z
Halle Berry
Christina Aguilera
Mariah Carey
Bono
Paul McCartney
Tom Hanks

and they are all successful in their choosen field
we have seen irresponsible children raised by two parents grin
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ariza:

Whatever they or any went through to get where they currently are is of np significance here.. Everyone has his/her story.

Ariza:

Once again all these are irrelevant.. How u attain success has no direct correlation with being raised by a single parent or both parents. Everyone gets directed in life one way or the other. Are u saying that all children raised by both parents are straight and well to do Do all children raised by both parents succeed
Where did u get ur statistics from to know most single parent raised children are in prisons and brothels

Ariza:

There are Nigerians raised by single parents who are doing better... Bottom line is that. The OP's argument doesn't hold.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
lefulefu:
and they are all successful in their choosen field
we have seen irresponsible children raised by two parents grin
I tire brother... why people choose to be shallow i no know
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaubdu:
You really schooled that lady, next time she will know when to keep quiet.
Schooled who See this empty head... I wonder how funmi copes with u. U no get single intelligence at all. Come and discuss issues u dey hide under another empty comment undecided
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by AfroKnight: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
What village did this OP crawl out from?

You are the kind of person who believes and spreads all these conspiracy theories flying around.

Such a narrow mind. cheesy
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Schooled who See this empty head... I wonder how funmi copes with u. U no get single intelligence at all. Come and discuss issues u dey hide under another empty comment undecided
. I don't argue baselessly, BTW there is nothing to discuss. statistically, kids from single parent are unfortunate. Bringing my girl into our conversation show how dumb you are. Run along,you got no response from me again.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
AfroKnight:
What village did this OP crawl out from?

You are the kind of person who believes and spreads all these conspiracy theories flying around.

Such a narrow mind. cheesy
Are you a product of single parent?
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by AfroKnight: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaubdu:
Are you a product of single parent?

No. Are you?
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
AfroKnight:

No. Are you?
. Far from it. I don't support irresponsibility. You guys body shame women, talk down on single mom but turned around and encourage guys to have baby mama. No responsible guy will do that.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by MasterShifu010(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Let's face the facts....most of the peeps constituting nuisance in the society in terms crime and moral decadence, are children born out of wedlock....thats why in the US children of single parents are closely monitored, and if any act of irresponsibility is noticed the child is taken away....even though not all of these children turn out bad in life, but the circumstances surrounding their birth is unplanned and as such when they are born they are exposed to lots of things like family support, adequate love and parental protection..that is why the average northerner is violent in nature because they are one in about 50 children and not enough love to go around because when they are born they are ignored and left to fend for themselves ....
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaubdu:
. I don't argue baselessly, BTW there is nothing to discuss. statistically, kids from single parent are unfortunate. Bringing my girl into our conversation show how dumb you are. Run along,you got no response from me again.
As usual. Empty... no source grin
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
MasterShifu010:
Let's face the facts....most of the peeps constituting nuisance in the society in terms crime and moral decadence, are children born out of wedlock....thats why in the US children of single parents are closely monitored, and if any act of irresponsibility is noticed the child is taken away....even though not all of these children turn out bad in life, but the circumstances surrounding their birth is unplanned and as such when they are born they are exposed to lots of things like family support, adequate love and parental protection..that is why the average northerner is violent in nature because they are one in about 50 children and not enough love to go around because when they are born they are ignored and left to fend for themselves ....
. Facts these social misfits wouldn't want to agreed on. The annoying part is shaming the single mom as if she impregnate herself. Very few kids from abnormal functional family setting are responsible kiss the true.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Whatever they or any went through to get where they currently are is of np significance here.. Everyone has his/her story.

Once again all these are irrelevant.. How u attain success has no direct correlation with being raised by a single parent or both parents. Everyone gets directed in life one way or the other. Are u saying that all children raised by both parents are straight and well to do Do all children raised by both parents succeed
Where did u get ur statistics from to know most single parent raised children are in prisons and brothels

There are Nigerians raised by single parents who are doing better... Bottom line is that. The OP's argument doesn't hold.
. There is no functional government in Africa, so I may not really be accurate with a data but places like the western world 2 third of all criminals be it drugs related, arm robbery are products of single parenting.Btw I am not trying to shame those who are from single home, sometime there are situations you find yourself but trying to encourage our youth to become deadbeat (single father) and single mom is what I am against.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
MasterShifu010:
. Let me also add; very few families will accept a lady who is a single mother to be married into their family.
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Lol. I know to most Nigerians especially Men, parenting is all about providing food clothing and shelter and food again, and probably spanking a child if he does something perceived as offense. grin Believe me, it goes way beyond that. Parenting involves nurturing, molding, refining and ensuring growth in every areas of a child's life which include his cognitive, affective, locomotive and most especially his psychological development because this is about 70℅ factor in a child's well being.
Now in a situation where by a person is left to do this job, how will he or she cope? How will the person who has to work round the clock to make ends meet combine do all the job perfectly? There will always be something missing.
Most of the children raised by single parents suffer one thing or the other. From parental love, excessive attachment, over protection, low self esteem, financial problems, lack of good parenting model, lack of attention to indiscipline, over dependency, unsatisfied quest for missing parent presence etc to mention a few. There is always a void to fill which leads them to seek things they lack from peers, outsiders, friends etc. That's if they aren't carrying anger against the parent missing and his or her gender generally.

The personality of a child is formed in the first five years of the child. Children form their perception from and imitate things they see around them and things people around them do, now what what do you expect a child raised by a single slay mama or an irresponsible father to imitate? If there was the presence of significant other to counter the happenings around, chances of the children taking after this other parent is high. But in situations of single parenthood, the child sulks in all he or she sees in the available person.

See no one is saying that all children from single parents are bad. All we are saying is the chances of them turning out bad is very high. People should also guide against bringing children they can't raise or take responsibilities for to this world. It is cruel!
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ariza:
Lol. I know to most Nigerians especially Men, parenting is all about providing food clothing and shelter and food again, and probably spanking a child if he does something perceived as offense. grin Believe me, it goes way beyond that. Parenting involves nurturing, molding, refining and ensuring growth in every areas of a child's life which include his cognitive, affective, locomotive and most especially his psychological development because this is about 70℅ factor in a child's well being.
Now in a situation where by a person is left to do this job, how will he or she cope? How will the person who has to work round the clock to make ends meet combine do all the job perfectly? There will always be something missing.
Most of the children raised by single parents suffer one thing or the other. From parental love, excessive attachment, over protection, low self esteem, financial problems, lack of good parenting model, lack of attention to indiscipline, over dependency, unsatisfied quest for missing parent presence etc to mention a few. There is always a void to fill which leads them to seek things they lack from peers, outsiders, friends etc. That's if they aren't carrying anger against the parent missing and his or her gender generally.

The personality of a child is formed in the first five years of the child. Children form their perception from and imitate things they see around them and things people around them do, now what what do you expect a child raised by a single slay mama or an irresponsible father to imitate? If there was the presence of significant other to counter the happenings around, chances of the children taking after this other parent is high. But in situations of single parenthood, the child sulks in all he or she sees in the available person.

See no one is saying that all children from single parents are bad. All we are saying is the chances of them turning out bad is very high. People should also guide against bringing children they can't raise or take responsibilities for to this world. It is cruel!
. Also add :1:One decision maker. You don't have any one to discuss or share the burden with- which school, where to live, what to do.
2:No arguments in front of the children to help them understand how to resolve differences with love and compassion.

3:Lack of adult companionship and three dimentional conversations! No extra pair of hands, no extra pair of eyes, babysitter costs. sole provider. one income. Above all challenges when you are sick or need help. When you want to be irresponsible count the cost!
Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by AfroKnight: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Far from it. I don't support irresponsibility. You guys body shame women, talk down on single mom but turned around and encourage guys to have baby mama. No responsible guy will do that.

“Far from it”

I can feel the righteous anger in you. cheesy

First of all, you take yourself too seriously.

Secondly, what the hell has body shaming got to do with my response or even this topic? You are the one slut shaming baby mamas and their baby daddies by implication.

You need to slow down with your parochial mentality. Labelling people as irresponsible or not, based on their marital status, is both myopic and insensitive. And it says a lot more about you than the object of your scorn.

You see those attributes you listed up there? I have observed them not only in children living with their married parents but also in children of Pastors. The so called spiritually sound and morally upright parents managed to raise terrible children who have become a source of frustration and shame.

I know I’m not the only who has observed this among children of the clergy. It was almost a norm, growing up.

You must have pulled this list assumptive list of woes from your àss cos it definitely stinks like crap. It is discriminatory and condescending to children of baby mamas who had no say in the conditions surrounding their birth.

Your post is really insensitive and, to put it nicely, it is characteristic of a closed unimaginative mind.

1 Like

Re: A Child From A Single Slaymama And Single Father by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
dairykidd:
Barrack Obama
Angelina Jolie
Justin Beiber
Kanye West
Leonardo DiCaprio
Keanu Reeves
Adele
Eva Mendez
Alicia keys
Jay-z
Halle Berry
Christina Aguilera
Mariah Carey
Bono
Paul McCartney
Tom Hanks

Hmm facto ✌️

(1) (Reply)

The Era Of Playing Hard To Get Is Over / I Would Love To Marry Her, But She Is Not Ready To Date. / Igbo Couple Use 911 Truck As Their Wedding Car - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.