Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (941024 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
When was this? Has it been unfrozen? Have you been able to book it now?

Oba2022:
my account got frozen for 72 hours while trying to schedule the IW.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Theosodom2ky: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don’t think these guys have released dates for the IW .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omooba80: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Oba2022:
my account got frozen for 72 hours while trying to schedule the IW.

Hmmm, mine too. Since last night, I’m just so angry with myself for canceling my date, it’s saying no appointment when I got to the last page that everyone needs to attend an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes you can, IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
Best of luck

Thank you sir...just tried for dropbox and it says no appointment available, wonder what the issue could be
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Same thing happened with me.

I tried to schedule an appointment multiple times and kept getting "there are no appointments available".
I guess we just have to be patient.
Omooba80:

Hmmm, mine too. Since last night, I’m just so angry with myself for canceling my date, it’s saying no appointment when I got to the last page that everyone needs to attend an interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
Omooba80:

Yes it happens when you keep trying and trying more than 3 to 4 times I guess
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Were you able to successfully schedule an interview waiver appointment?

UmmZayd:

Yes it happens when you keep trying and trying more than 3 to 4 times I guess
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tamison:
Were you able to successfully schedule an interview waiver appointment?

No, I'm not trying to apply but I guess everything will be resolved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Somandla: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don't know if this might help someone out there.

I am South African, our IW started in Nov after travel ban was lifted.

I called call the embassy call center, told them I qualify for IW but can't schedule app as it showed no appointments, they then asked for my Ds160, and asked me to log in , upon logging in there was a page with 3 qualifying questions
E.g
1. has your visa expired in Less than 48months? ( bear in mind our visa validity is 10yrs)

2. Did you capture biometrics at the embassy?

3. Are you applying under the same vis a category?

That's how I was able to get IW letter and scheduled DHL drop off & pick up.

So contact your embassy�

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
A number of people have already made contact with the embassy via email...hopefully they will respond between tomorrow and Friday...fingers crossed. Thanks for this.

Somandla:
I don't know if this might help someone out there.

I am South African, our IW started in Nov after travel ban was lifted.

I called call the embassy call center, told them I qualify for IW but can't schedule app as it showed no appointments, they then asked for my Ds160, and asked me to log in , upon logging in there was a page with 3 qualifying questions
E.g
1. has your visa expired in Less than 48months? ( bear in mind our visa validity is 10yrs)

2. Did you capture biometrics at the embassy?

3. Are you applying under the same vis a category?

That's how I was able to get IW letter and scheduled DHL drop off & pick up.

So contact your embassy�

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
How do I get an IW if I haven’t scheduled an appointment yet or do I have to schedule, cancel and then book an IW? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bobority:
Hello everyone. Is it okay if the intended date of arrival on ds160 is earlier than the available appointment date? The dates are so far away and I don’t know if I would eventually find a closer date. I do not want to submit my ds160 with a date and then the appointment is months or even years away. TIA

Can anyone please help? TIA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
There's no issue with this. Even COVID messed up people's scheduled travel plans.

Bobority:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2022
I think IW hasn't been thrown open to all yet. It's better you book any available date on the system for now...when it's thrown open, you can then cancel and book IW...you can choose to stay on the sidelines as well

Bobority:
How do I get an IW if I haven’t scheduled an appointment yet or do I have to schedule, cancel and then book an IW? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hi, my mom and dad are booked together for USA interview sometime in July.

Now my mom is qualified for IW as her visa expired 13 months ago, how do i cancel only my mom's appointment without my dad loosing the interview date?

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Thanks, later discover it wasn't for me.

Thanks

Beverlyhills:
Stick to your Initial Date 5th April.
Cancel at owner's risk. Someone somewhere is waiting to grab that date.

The interview waiver isn't for everyone.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
Dampops:
There's no issue with this. Even COVID messed up people's scheduled travel plans.

Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Two options:1. send an email to the support desk for clarity and assistance.
2. Exercise little patience till enough information is provided on the IW email. It's shrouded in confusion as at now.
Although the email stated that those who do not qualify (even as part of a group booking) should ignore and go for the scheduled interview...the problem is how does one cancel the appointment without affecting the other parties? So let's be patient

uchetobi:

Now my mom is qualified for IW as her visa expired 13 months ago, how do i cancel only my mom's appointment without my dad loosing the interview date?

thanks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
uchetobi:

thanks

July is almost here. If you cancel the appointment it will affect both of them.

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bobority:

Intended date of arrival can only be before your visa interview not after. Except you are saying you intend to travel before you apply for visa.

Best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oyekora: 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
In my opinion pick a date on your ds 160. Submit and go ahead to schedule an appointment. It is is better you have a date then keep checking out for close date.
You can always fill another ds 160 form and edit your code on chi portal.
Best of luck
Bobority:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
I need help. I am trying to register as a new user. I keep getting this error message.

* Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

* user could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last are entered as they are in your passport

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by asid(m): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
babs4all:
I need help. I am trying to register as a new user. I keep getting this error message.

* Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

* user could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last are entered as they are in your passport

Try forgot password, i guess you have a profile created already
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lekkistar: 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
quote author=babs4all post=109877965]I need help. I am trying to register as a new user. I keep getting this error message.

* user could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last are entered as they are in your passport [/quote]

It's happening to everyone who is trying to create a new account
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Deedamie: 1:28am On Feb 02, 2022
Guys, there is a bug. Where it says has your Visa expired for 24 months..... click Yes instead of No. i have just booked my IW date after cancelling a previous one. All the best and hurry....

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:55am On Feb 02, 2022
babs4all:

You will need to mail the customer service and they will create an account for you.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by firefunmi(f): 3:53am On Feb 02, 2022
Guys, To book your IW You first click yes....it tells you you are not qualified....you go back and the bug clears so you can answer "no" then other questions come up and you answer correctly.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bame: 4:20am On Feb 02, 2022
did your visa expire with 24 months?, you know again how these people see these things before they say you lied.
Deedamie:
Guys, there is a bug. Where it says has your Visa expired for 24 months..... click Yes instead of No. i have just booked my IW date after cancelling a previous one. All the best and hurry....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bame: 4:40am On Feb 02, 2022
I just got my date after second attempt this morning. There must have been a bug really cos when i tried the method as adviced to say no to the question that says "Have your visa expired in 24 months blah blah.... it referred me to step two which that i need to go for interview. I tried again and this time with the correct answers, the questions became more than it used to (about 9 of them) asking if i had worked in the US and all that. I answered as appropriate then BOOM... the calendar opens up with a very near date. So in short, the interview waiver option is up and running, at least i got a close date. If you qualify for the IW, just calm down and watch the CGI space closely and also NAIRALAND. Thanks and best of luck.
Bame:
did your visa expire with 24 months?, you know again how these people see these things before they say you lied.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by asid(m): 6:23am On Feb 02, 2022
firefunmi:
Guys, To book your IW You first click yes....it tells you you are not qualified....you go back and the bug clears so you can answer "no" then other questions come up and you answer correctly.

Do you have to meet up with the time if you intend using dhl from a location other than VI?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikanne: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2022
Thanks to those of you that shared about the bug. It worked for me as well. Seems only February dates are open for now. Fingers crossed it works out well for all of us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nadnad: 7:19am On Feb 02, 2022
Nikanne:
Thanks to those of you that shared about the bug. It worked for me as well. Seems only February dates are open for now. Fingers crossed it works out well for all of us
Good morning
Do we need to fill another ds160 form
Or we should just cancel previous appointments

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.