Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (924293 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hi everyone! My mom just picked up her passport yesterday only to find no visa and no slip. We're all confused as to what happened. She qualifies for IW and her appointment was on March 9th. She says she wasn't asked any questions, just dropped off her documents. I checked online now only to see it was refused. She has never overstayed on any of her visas, never used healthcare/needed medical attention and has been travelling since 2013. Her DS-160 was completed February this year and payment made the same month.

Anyone know what steps I can take next please? Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olowoba2: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
nunicelady:
Good afternoon guys,

Please I have an IW appointment for 630am. I also usually drop my daughter off in school at 7. Can I drop my docs at a later time than is scheduled for me on the same day?

Thanks.
Yes, it doesn't matter. They do not follow the timing on your appointment. Everyone queues to submit irrespective of timing (first come, first serve). My appointment was for 7:30am but got there around 8:30am.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tilda25: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sorry about this, I suggest you share the content of the white paper here so we have an idea why she refused, then we can help out. Thankfully, a refusal is not a final decision.

Blessedluvdfavd:
Hi everyone! My mom just picked up her passport yesterday only to find no visa and no slip. We're all confused as to what happened. She qualifies for IW and her appointment was on March 9th. She says she wasn't asked any questions, just dropped off her documents. I checked online now only to see it was refused. She has never overstayed on any of her visas, never used healthcare/needed medical attention and has been travelling since 2013. Her DS-160 was completed February this year and payment made the same month.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
She said no slip was included

Tilda25:
Sorry about this, I suggest you share the content of the white paper here so we have an idea why she refused, then we can help out. Thankfully, a refusal is not a final decision.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mumsyfiyin: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please how do I know if I I'm in administrative processing ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cyntibarbie: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please my mom had a visa that expired in 2020 Feb. Someone said she is not eligible for Dropbox because it's been more than two years.

Is it possible for her to do a waiver? And what are the steps?

Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
Unfortunately, she’s no more eligible for interview waiver

Cyntibarbie:
Hello everyone,
Please my mom had a visa that expired in 2020 Feb. Someone said she is not eligible for Dropbox because it's been more than two years.

Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Drop your daughter and proceed to Embassy. They don't check time. The crowd there is much. I know some that submitted a day after his appointment date and nobody noticed.

nunicelady:
Good afternoon guys,

Please I have an IW appointment for 630am. I also usually drop my daughter off in school at 7. Can I drop my docs at a later time than is scheduled for me on the same day?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Where have you been when Feb people where applying?

Cyntibarbie:
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
Either you mail the embassy or you book follow up appointment.

Blessedluvdfavd:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

See the link above

Mumsyfiyin:
Please how do I know if I I'm in administrative processing ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AndersonG: 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hi, how did you get the appointment to open up?
I have been trying for the past 4 days and nothing happens, just says no appointment dates are available.

Mobabaola:
IW slots are available for March 31st.
I just confirmed an appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Donde: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
AndersonG:
Hi, how did you get the appointment to open up?
I have been trying for the past 4 days and nothing happens, just says no appointment dates are available.

Appointment dates are available when released by the embassy. You do not have to do anything special to “get it to open up”. Your best bet is to join the telegram group where it is being tracked or be alert to schedule as soon as someone drops a message here that dates are available.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BeeKook: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please what’s the Telegram link
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Cyntibarbie:
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much.

She no longer qualifies .. eligibility for IW is of your visa expired within 24 months .

She may have to book regular appointment to attend an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AlphaUno: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello house,

are US refusal letters in 2017 generic or applicant-specific?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biodun23: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hi guys,
I'm New US Visa processing. I got an invite to my graduation stated to hold in the US by July 30. I've filled the DS-160 form I choose B1/B2 visa. Have issues signing up on the appointment portal.
What could I be getting wrong?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biodun23: 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
biodun23:
Hi guys,
I'm New US Visa processing. I got an invite to my graduation stated to hold in the US by July 30. I've filled the DS-160 form I choose B1/B2 visa. Have issues signing up on the appointment portal.
What could I be getting wrong?

Error message:

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
It was cancelled last 2020 due to covid, schedule last year September 2021 got a date for 5th April

pufframmy:
Is it this first time dey reschedule it cause mine was cancel last year August and I rescheduled for October hope dey won't cancel mine again cause they have already did before o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Folatush(f): 2:22am On Mar 18, 2022
Thanks for the explanation. She is actually old and retired so i guess it wont be an issue.

puffmama:

The 2 years visa is multiple entries so she is permitted to use it as often as she likes we long as she does not over stay .
In time past, as long as you dont overstay the 6 months stamped it was not an issue but these days , actually just before covid it became an issue ..you won't be totally refused but you will be given a 221g to come for a physical interview as long as you can explain why you stayed longer than indicated then it will be approved .

I would always advise people , the first time or using a recently renewed visa , use the exact period specified , the other uses since no form filled you can stay as long as you can within the period stamped but long stay can affect your renewal in future .
The way the consular officers think is this, If you have a job or business in Naija why would you go for a vacation longer than 2-4 weeks .
Anything longer unless it's for medical reason , they assume you went to work .
The elderly can stay longer especially if they went to help care for their grandkids or they are retired . But for younger people Its a serious red flag. They assume you are trying to Japa in am illegal way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AlphaUno: 3:11am On Mar 18, 2022
AlphaUno:

Hello house,

are US refusal letters in 2017 generic or applicant-specific?

Please any answer on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 7:10am On Mar 18, 2022
https:///+dlRgY2o53UsxMTY0

BeeKook:
Please what’s the Telegram link
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BeeKook: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2022
nunicelady:

https:///+dlRgY2o53UsxMTY0

I am getting an error message that says “ you can contact @dlrgy2o53usxmty0 right away” but later it says “user does not exist”
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akaay03: 10:56am On Mar 18, 2022
hello House,

i filled and completed my visa application in June last year, my IW appointment comes up next week. please clarify, do i have to complete another DS 160 form? if yes, how do i go about ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2022
Paste in your browsera d you are good to go.

BeeKook:

I am getting an error message that says “ you can contact @dlrgy2o53usxmty0 right away” but later it says “user does not exist”
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2022
Please those who did their interview today, kindly share how it went with the VO.

PLEASE
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2022
Akaay03:
hello House,

i filled and completed my visa application in June last year, my IW appointment comes up next week. please clarify, do i have to complete another DS 160 form? if yes, how do i go about ?

Yes. The same way you filled the first one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akaay03: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes. The same way you filled the first one

so I am to complete an entirely new one?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Klinnit: 11:50am On Mar 18, 2022
@Akaa03
Please quickly fill another DS160 form and update the Application ID in your appointment confirmation profile.
Best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akaay03: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Klinnit:
@Akaa03
Please quickly fill another DS160 form and update the Application ID in your appointment confirmation profile.
Best of luck

thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
If you recently successfully filled the ds160 without cussing out. I'm here to tell you Congratulations. You won!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hanzat: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello Dampops, my mom visa was refused, after days of administrative processing.
Thank God refusal isn't denial.
Although, I don't know what the reason could be.
The longest she has stayed in the US is for 7 weeks when she went with me for delivery support. Other trips has been 2-3 weeks max.
Also her visa was about to expire in 2016 when she made the trip but wrote to the consulate and she received a response stating she can travel with the visa and the border officer will determine how long she can stay. She arrived US Feb 2016, Visa expired March 2016, at the airport she was stamped in for 6 months.
Can you advice if this could be an issue, I have asked she prints the embassy response to her email, also how do I access the travel portal for more travel information. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.